Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Maybe a mix of both.

Gebura is a boss on the field, and you have to intentionally breach abnos so she can hurt herself fighting them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Aumanor posted:

It... just about might be suppressible? It'd be a close call, but I think TQ might have enough tools to make it work.
In theory, yes, our agents have high movespeed and that makes dodging feasible, but only good weapons we have are Blue Star's (because it is ALEPH and ranged) and Judgement Bird's (Pale damage offsets WAW-level). You certainly could take it on, but it would take too much time and too much effort (just imagining dodging it for full 5 minutes is enough to make tired)

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

MiiNiPaa posted:

In theory, yes, our agents have high movespeed and that makes dodging feasible, but only good weapons we have are Blue Star's (because it is ALEPH and ranged) and Judgement Bird's (Pale damage offsets WAW-level). You certainly could take it on, but it would take too much time and too much effort (just imagining dodging it for full 5 minutes is enough to make tired)

I had something diffrent in mind, but perhaps that's discussion better continued in the game's thread rather than the LP's. One thing to note- Judgment Bird's weapon and suit are both ALEPH level.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

BisbyWorl posted:

Maybe a mix of both.

Gebura is a boss on the field, and you have to intentionally breach abnos so she can hurt herself fighting them.
Nothing can stop the Juggernaut from killing herself.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

the Orb of Zot posted:

Gebura suppression is going to be massive abno outbreaks, 100%
She’s a goddamn psychopath who wants to do nothing but inflict suffering on the Abnormalities, to hell with such things like “ethics” or “‘not having all the employees die horrible deaths because you’re deliberately pissing off the Outer God we somehow are keeping contained because you want to make it hurt”

I dunno if she really is a psychopath, it seems more like she's driven by a (very human) motive. And she clearly cares about what Hod thinks which doesn't fit the bill of a psychopath.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
OTOH, most normal people don't threaten to shoot their co-workers whenever they get the slightest amount tof pushback.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Fair. I felt is was more of Chesed and Gebura's personal dynamic and it was more just Gebura saying "get the hell before I show you the door with my foot" kind of thing than a true threat. Following it up with Hod immediately to show she doesn't treat everyone like that felt like a reinforcement of that duo's personal dynamic or just showing she cares about Hod to some degree.

Also a bit pedantic but the E.G.O's aren't all guns, so she could be threatening to impale/smash/cut Chesed instead! :black101:

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009

MiiNiPaa posted:

Judgement Bird's gear is actually ALEPH level for whatever it's worth.

On Gebura, a thing to keep in mind is that Hod's effectively a kid. Like, young-rear end teenager age. Gebura isn't going to bully a kid, and she does cave when Hod is the one to ask for it. She's prickly as hell and phrases it in terms of Hod's ultimate authority, but she doesn't even argue when Hod brings it up.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Evil Kit posted:

Fair. I felt is was more of Chesed and Gebura's personal dynamic and it was more just Gebura saying "get the hell before I show you the door with my foot" kind of thing than a true threat. Following it up with Hod immediately to show she doesn't treat everyone like that felt like a reinforcement of that duo's personal dynamic or just showing she cares about Hod to some degree.

Also a bit pedantic but the E.G.O's aren't all guns, so she could be threatening to impale/smash/cut Chesed instead! :black101:

"Pointed at your head" definitely has a gun connotation. There's also this charming conversation starter:

TeeQueue posted:

Ever heard of the saying, “silence gives consent”? Consent enough for even hot lead to be embedded in your skull? You’d better watch yourself.
It's possible she's massively over-compensating for personal vulnerability by being all aggro all the time, but then again one of her researches that TQ mentioned was literally bullets to execute clerks and employees for managerial convenience, so... clearly at least some bite behind that bark.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

She's pretty clearly very frustrated it's impossible to actually kill Abnormalities.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Night10194 posted:

She's pretty clearly very frustrated it's impossible to actually kill Angela.
:v:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Dead Reckoning posted:

"Pointed at your head" definitely has a gun connotation. There's also this charming conversation starter:

It's possible she's massively over-compensating for personal vulnerability by being all aggro all the time, but then again one of her researches that TQ mentioned was literally bullets to execute clerks and employees for managerial convenience, so... clearly at least some bite behind that bark.

Good point! Still inclined to believe there is an issue that causes the the over-compensation of course.

If at some point the game manages to buck its own themes and trends, that will impress me. As is Gebura is an AI in Lob. Corp, she's guaranteed to have personal issues. And also try to kill us.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Evil Kit posted:

Good point! Still inclined to believe there is an issue that causes the the over-compensation of course.

If at some point the game manages to buck its own themes and trends, that will impress me. As is Gebura is an AI in Lob. Corp, she's guaranteed to have personal issues. And also try to kill us.
Yeah, not saying that people have to like her as a person, but I am interested in what her tragic backstory is.

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

Why is my hair purple? It's from the blood of everyone that lost a bet against me.
You know, I feel like calling attention to this:

https://lpix.org/3883843/65-09.png

E.G.O.'s breaking down? "Strangely quick suppression"? Gebura's been using Old Faith and Promise.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Oh man, Gebura's a mobile game addict! :dance:

Calling it now.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Crepuscule Adepte posted:

You know, I feel like calling attention to this:

https://lpix.org/3883843/65-09.png

E.G.O.'s breaking down? "Strangely quick suppression"? Gebura's been using Old Faith and Promise.

I need a recording from containment chamber. I want to see Gebura doing these expressions:

https://lpix.org/3809039/36-13.png

sorcrane
Jul 30, 2017

Birds with beautiful wings! Gather on the battlefield and take flight!
Happy Paulloween!
- One Sin and Hundreds of Good Training Videos

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

sorcrane posted:

Happy Paulloween!

Holy gently caress

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

sorcrane posted:

Happy Paulloween!

:eyepop:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

sorcrane posted:

Happy Paulloween!

:five: :five: :five:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

sorcrane posted:

Happy Paulloween!

This is amazing.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
That's one nice pic, yeah.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

sorcrane posted:

Happy Paulloween!

:lobcorp:

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

sorcrane posted:

Happy Paulloween!

Oh! I got it! Paul just confessed a Level 3 sin on the first day and got stuck in endless training video hell.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

sorcrane posted:

Happy Paulloween!

Oh my god, that look on Paul’s face is just :perfect:

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.

sorcrane posted:

Happy Paulloween!

drat, that's incredible!

NAME REDACTED
Dec 22, 2010
EDIT: disregard, confused myself

NAME REDACTED fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Oct 31, 2020

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.

sorcrane posted:

Happy Paulloween!

Hoooooleeeeeee poo poo, that's nice!
:five::five::five:

Doobeedoo fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Oct 31, 2020

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

sorcrane posted:

Happy Paulloween!

Actual Art. :five:

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

sorcrane posted:

Happy Paulloween!

:stare: :stonk: Perfection.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

sorcrane posted:

Happy Paulloween!

Holy poo poo.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
This really is the best thread. :allears:

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Given One Sin uses one's guilt against them.... Paul what the gently caress did you do?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Paul never puts his cart back in the cart return when he's done

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Hwurmp posted:

Paul never puts his cart back in the cart return when he's done

https://mobile.twitter.com/ANTICHRISTJARED/status/1261071221795454978/

Evidently tweets break under spoilers and I’m on mobile so I can’t rehost the images.

CrazySalamander fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Oct 31, 2020

sorcrane
Jul 30, 2017

Birds with beautiful wings! Gather on the battlefield and take flight!
Thanks folks, I appreciate it. :toot:
I was hoping to make it in time to use the pun, and I'm glad I did.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

sorcrane posted:

Happy Paulloween!

This is gorgeous.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I really like the looming perspective. It makes it look like One Sin is only classified as Zayin because it doesn't want to roam the facility obliterating employees' minds, not because it couldn't.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Dead Reckoning posted:

I really like the looming perspective. It makes it look like One Sin is only classified as Zayin because it doesn't want to roam the facility obliterating employees' minds, not because it couldn't.

Sin tastes better given willingly.

Edit: I just realized we're coming up on Talow's two-week deal with Bishop. It'll be nice to have that plot advance again.

Materant fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Nov 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

One Sin is real and my friend and he would never consider hurting us!