Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Waterfall Watcher posted:

A great way to tilt people is spamming. Not like spamming chat with poo poo, just spamming champ dances and the like. The top tier ones are like rumble laugh, urgot dance and especially sion dance and laugh. They will get really tilted if they're incredibly insecure like most lol players are.
If they do not tilt and also spam, then congrats, you made a friend.

i like nasus dance because if u spam it fast over a corpse it looks like hes doing the hydrant routine on them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

Alternating Ctrl+2 and Ctrl+3 on Singed makes him do hip thrusts and is my taunt of choice when someone realizes that they've been chasing me for too long and are now going to die to my poison. The mastery 6 emote spam is an essential part of enticing them to keep running after me

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I can't get over how bad Seraphine's animations are (or lack thereof).

Smol fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Oct 30, 2020

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Verviticus posted:

how could this piss off anyone? its just one of fifteen thousand completely identical zero-personality garbage emotes they pumped out to trick people into dumping their riot points

i dont think i even know what champion that is that emote is so bad

edit: its me who got pissed off at the bad emote

almost everything that people do that "tilts the poo poo out of the enemy team" has zero impact on the enemy team, who either has people that were going to flip out either way or who do not.

fnox
May 19, 2013

yeah I think you guys are overvaluing these psy-ops strats, when low elo players are perfectly capable of tilting themselves with just the poo poo they do to themselves

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
The secret psyops start to tilting your opponents is to get a moderate lead

fnox
May 19, 2013

Dragongem posted:

The secret psyops start to tilting your opponents is to get a moderate lead

just cheese. go graves with ignite instead of flash and just kill the enemy jungler on their second or third camp. whoever it is that is getting tilted by enemy emotes will sure as gently caress ragequit over a lvl2 death.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.

fnox posted:

just cheese. go graves with ignite instead of flash and just kill the enemy jungler on their second or third camp. whoever it is that is getting tilted by enemy emotes will sure as gently caress ragequit over a lvl2 death.

Even if it's not the jungler, the laners will rage when their jungler dies. Long ago i had a game as Jarvan that i was camped 24/7 by the enemy jungler and one of the laners, and my team was raging out at me dying 1v2/1v3 at our own krugs or gromp, with none of them helping. I remember our support being so enraged that during post-game when I was chatting with the enemy team, he was spewing out curses throughout us talking for roughly 2 minutes.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Can confirm, teammates love to rage at the person being killed by their lane opponent roaming 1vs2 deep into your own team's jungle while they sit patiently in their lane, if you're lucky they might even throw a question mark ping mia on their lane while you are in the middle of being killed by the mia.

Bonus points if your team doesn't respond while you have a full vision network of wards setup and spotting it before it happens and still rages.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

heres the ultimate strat to ensure your opponents are incredibly angry 20 somethings who will melt down over the slightest difficulty:

step one: install league of legends

good job making it through this guide

fnox
May 19, 2013

tbh relying on your team to consistently reply to situations like that, even if actually winnable, is the wrong strat. if someone can do that and you see it coming you're already on the wrong side of the map. if you're stronger than them then go kill them, otherwise scurry away into the other side of the map and take camps on their side now that it's uncontested. they can't roam for you twice and not get a kill without losing a ton of XP. literally just always give it up, you lose more by dying than contesting the camp without smite.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

fnox posted:

yeah I think you guys are overvaluing these psy-ops strats, when low elo players are perfectly capable of tilting themselves with just the poo poo they do to themselves

All ranks have this. Not just iron and bronze. Players in their promos to diamond are extremely tilted and self sabotaging

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Anidav posted:

I play on OCE and I never see messages of my reports actually doing anything.

There's a reason for that. They have to manually crosscheck the dictionary for every report with the word "oval office" in it to try and determine whether the person was being toxic or wholesome.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Smol posted:

I can't get over how bad Seraphine's animations are (or lack thereof).

Why is her face so stretchy? She's supposed to be a cute girl so why did they give her such creepy animations

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’m glad they didn’t give Seraphine’s kit to Sona cause it’s bad.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
"K/DA ALL-OUT Seraphine" is so fun to watch die because of the way the loving hoverboard drops to the ground and sorta breaks.

But also since KDA are basically Actual Humans from 2020 Earth and Seraphine doesn't carry the weaponry of Akali or Kaisa, it's also extremely weird to watch some ghost demon run up to Vocaloid's Belle Delphine and annihilate her with hellfire.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

fnox posted:

tbh relying on your team to consistently reply to situations like that, even if actually winnable, is the wrong strat. if someone can do that and you see it coming you're already on the wrong side of the map. if you're stronger than them then go kill them, otherwise scurry away into the other side of the map and take camps on their side now that it's uncontested. they can't roam for you twice and not get a kill without losing a ton of XP. literally just always give it up, you lose more by dying than contesting the camp without smite.

its probably because i play in bad doofus elo but it seems like a lot of junglers only know how to do one clear and literally cannot pivot off of giving up a camp and will just instead choose to fight and die and get really cranky

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

rabidsquid posted:

almost everything that people do that "tilts the poo poo out of the enemy team" has zero impact on the enemy team, who either has people that were going to flip out either way or who do not.

i mean i gauge the usefulness not on how likely they're actually quitting out but rather how funny it is when they give their reason for afking in base as "mastery spamming gold boost"

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Tired Moritz posted:

Why is her face so stretchy? She's supposed to be a cute girl so why did they give her such creepy animations

In champion designs the actual 3d models feel like they're usually just an afterthought. All the effort goes into the fancy 2d promotional art that literally doesn't matter for anything and will not show up in game. Then the one guy in the office who isn't part of the cool kids concept art club gets handed a bunch of character art and told "make something that kinda looks like this i guess".
You see the same thing with skins where for some reason they only show like... concept/splash art, and do their absolute hardest to hide the actual ingame models

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Another way of putting it is these models and animations are all designed to be seen from one angle and any time you change that angle it's going to look weird. Like what look like jump slams on Aatrox are actually just his model stretching but never actually leaving the ground so if you look at it from the side it looks hilarious as his legs get stupidly long to give the impression from a top down view that he's jumping.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I genuinely really hate seraphines design, it just seems so lazy.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Drone_Fragger posted:

I genuinely really hate seraphines design, it just seems so lazy.

she is 100% geared towards milking money out of dudes who are into 16 year old k-pop stars and riot knows how much bank that's gonna result in

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

She looks really dumb in game, I dislike the hoverboard aesthetic she has, but as a champion she was fun to have on my team.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

njsykora posted:

Another way of putting it is these models and animations are all designed to be seen from one angle and any time you change that angle it's going to look weird. Like what look like jump slams on Aatrox are actually just his model stretching but never actually leaving the ground so if you look at it from the side it looks hilarious as his legs get stupidly long to give the impression from a top down view that he's jumping.

Seraphine is also the first champ I've played where all of her taunt/dance animations play from the exact same angle; no matter which way you're facing she'll turn to do the animation from the same direction every time. Are there any others like that?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Kazinsal posted:

she is 100% geared towards milking money out of dudes who are into 16 year old k-pop stars and riot knows how much bank that's gonna result in

which champion is not designed to get people to spend money, im just curious

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

which champion is not designed to get people to spend money, im just curious

they all are

only some are geared towards "actually, it's bpehpablaolphilia" types tho

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Or like, actual children...interesting you took it straight there

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
children shouldnt play league imho

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Seraphine is very clearly for the people who like K/DA, and that’s a broad selection with various reasons.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

the whole media/lore deal around seraphine seemed really confused, like they wanted to make fun of performative white fragility but were too scared to commit to it

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpRRLYJ5fIQ

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Oh, so the ruined king is some goth guy with a open shirt.

Good for Illaoi getting in a cinematic though.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Ruined King is a twink...

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I get the feeling Riot has no clue what to do with its IP outside of the game.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I mean, I know it's a bit silly but it does make sense given his whole story is falling in love with a girl who basically becomes his whole world, having her die very early in their relationship and deciding to devote his kingdom to finding a way to save her. Eventually this gross attempt at the perversion of life and death corrupts the very land itself and transforms his queen into a mist of living death.

That doesn't sound like the actions of an old king with a long rule, that kind of madness is something for the young and easily emotional.

Oh wait nevermind he's meant to be Kalista's uncle and she's a grown woman before her death, not just an adult but a knightly captain too. He should look older.

Oh double wait he jumped in the waters of life and youth in the blessed isles with his wife's corpse so there we go he got de-aged and she got turned into mist.

Also he looks much better here. Plus Riot are doing two things with him. The monstrous undead king, and a romance novel lead male.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Oct 31, 2020

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Is ruined king some new champion or what? I’m confused

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Smol posted:

Is ruined king some new champion or what? I’m confused

Sort of. Ruined King: The Game is a part of the Riot Forge initiative to create a bunch of games set in Runeterra, which currently includes Ruined King (an RPG) and some project with Ekko in it. There's also speculation that the Ruined King - the king of the Blessed Isles before it got all hosed up and turned into the Shadow Isles - is an upcoming jungle champ.

Polderjoch
Jun 27, 2019

May the sacred flame guide me... Or something like that.

Vermain posted:

Sort of. Ruined King: The Game is a part of the Riot Forge initiative to create a bunch of games set in Runeterra, which currently includes Ruined King (an RPG) and some project with Ekko in it. There's also speculation that the Ruined King - the king of the Blessed Isles before it got all hosed up and turned into the Shadow Isles - is an upcoming jungle champ.

Close, but he's not actually the king of the Blessed Isles, the Ruined King came from a kingdom from the mainland way older than any of the other nations (think way before Shurima was even founded) that other characters like Kalista, Hecarim, and Ledros also came from.
An assassin or something tried to kill the Ruined King but Kalista, his niece, saved him but accidentally ended up poisoning the queen instead, so he banished her to find a cure for the queen while Hecarim stayed with him and basically manipulated him into letting Hecarim run wild on conquest sprees. Kalista ends up discovering the Blessed Isles and leads her kingdom to them, but because the queen had already long since become a rotting corpse she's beyond saving. Hecarim ends up murdering Kalista and her lover Ledros, while the Ruined King uses magic from the Blessed Isles to try and revive the queen anyway, and when she ends up being a rotting corpse but undead basically unleashes a spirit nuke empowered by the power of the Blessed Isles that kills everyone and corrupts the isles into the Shadow Isles.
Thresh, Yorick, and Maokai are from the previous Blessed Isles.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

anyone else got a five paragraph essay prepared on the lore of this thing they just did like 2 days ago or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I've read fanfiction with plots less bad than that.