Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ghostlight posted:

I'm even (mostly) the one who translates and posts it. Nekonaughey is a large ginger every-man cat and the comics kind of ended up with Success! being a kind of catchphrase as it often appears at every minor victory against life.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but, is it supposed to be pronounced so that it rhymes with McConaughey?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Yes.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
That bunny is intense about curry and rice.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm reading Ghostlight's posts in the Comic Strip thread now (thank you, Ghostlight)

and

That bunny is intense about everything.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

I'm even (mostly) the one who translates and posts it. Nekonaughey is a large ginger every-man cat and the comics kind of ended up with Success! being a kind of catchphrase as it often appears at every minor victory against life.

Oh yeah, sorry I forgot it was you doing it, one fallen so far behind on that thread because pandemic times keep my work computer occupying my desk so I mostly read the forums on my phone. You're doing good work!

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Polaron posted:

That bunny is intense about curry and rice.

I didn't get it until I had some Japanese curry. That stuff is something else.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Phy posted:

I'm reading Ghostlight's posts in the Comic Strip thread now (thank you, Ghostlight)

and

Everyone wishes they had a friend like the bunny. Bunny will move Heaven and Earth for his friend the fat ginger cat named after American actor Matthew McConaughey.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Green Lantern #3 (1942)

Journey into Mystery #21 (1955)

Ghost Manor #25 (1975)

Flaming Carrot Comics #10 (1985)

Invader Zim #14 (2016)

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Darthemed posted:

Green Lantern #3 (1942)

That one made me actually go "Huh, that would kinda work"

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Legion of Super-Heroes #13

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Phy posted:

and

Unfortunately there haven't been that many this year - previous editions of the thread (linked in the op) have a lot more of them.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Darthemed posted:

Invader Zim #14 (2016)

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Random Stranger posted:

Legion of Super-Heroes #13

I guess #MeToo and #TimesUp is still needed in the 31st Century.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Darthemed posted:

Ghost Manor #25 (1975)
"No longer shall I be a weak petty punk! I'll become an incredibly powerful petty punk!" is such a great line. This guy is self aware enough to know he's a petty punk and he's cool with that, not looking to become a hero or crime boss or anything - a petty punk is what he's meant to be, it's his calling, and all he wants is to be the best petty punk he can be.

I think I just like the term "petty punk", it's so nice and alliterative. If I didn't love my own username I'd consider changing it to Petty Punk.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Woebin posted:

"No longer shall I be a weak petty punk! I'll become an incredibly powerful petty punk!" is such a great line. This guy is self aware enough to know he's a petty punk and he's cool with that, not looking to become a hero or crime boss or anything - a petty punk is what he's meant to be, it's his calling, and all he wants is to be the best petty punk he can be.

I think I just like the term "petty punk", it's so nice and alliterative. If I didn't love my own username I'd consider changing it to Petty Punk.

I need to go have some coffee because I kept reading that as "pretty punk" and thinking to myself , "good for him" :allears:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

I need to go have some coffee because I kept reading that as "pretty punk" and thinking to myself , "good for him" :allears:

Name should be Pretty Prunk then.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Grendels Dad posted:

Name should be Pretty Prunk then.
After he took the potion now he's Treety Trunk.

:dadjoke:

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

I tawt I taw a Treety Trunk!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Is there a covers thread?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Is there a covers thread?

There's a thread for good/bad art in comics if you just want to post a pretty (or heinous) cover. If it's something funny you can still put it here.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Covers are panels on the outside.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

TwoPair posted:

There's a thread for good/bad art in comics if you just want to post a pretty (or heinous) cover. If it's something funny you can still put it here.

Well, it's not actually funny, but it's a bit "how did this get published?"

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Worst X-Man Ever #5

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Oct 31, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

SimonChris posted:

Worst X-Man Ever #5

When's the last time we saw Joseph, I wonder if he's on Krakoa. He's done enough to differentiate himself from Magneto I'd think he'd count as a separate person.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

SimonChris posted:

Worst X-Man Ever #5

I'll never get tired of people ragging on Cyclops. Always the straight man, never the fave.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Red Bones posted:

Cyclops. Always the straight man, never the fave.

Hey! Cyclops is one of my favorites. <:mad:>

I liked him as a kid cause it was cool to see a superhero that needed glasses like I did, and now that I'm older I like him because he's pretty much just like a straight laced, nerdy manager having to work in a Spencer's with coworkers who just hired on for the discount.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Skwirl posted:

When's the last time we saw Joseph, I wonder if he's on Krakoa. He's done enough to differentiate himself from Magneto I'd think he'd count as a separate person.

Hellions before X of Swords established they wouldn't bring back Madelyne (The Goblin Queen) as she was just a Jean Grey clone.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
It's always fun to rag on Cyclops, but man, Skin doesn't deserve that.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Well, it's not actually funny, but it's a bit "how did this get published?"

Perhaps it is because my brain not function good, but what's so outrageous about this cover?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Samovar posted:

Perhaps it is because my brain not function good, but what's so outrageous about this cover?
He's holding the gun as if it were his rather generous phallus.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Or to put it in Finnish:

lol benis :DDDD

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017
no place for hidin baby
no place to run
you pulled the trigger of my...

love guuuuuuunnnn

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Skwirl posted:

I think it was in Rosenberg's run before Powers of X - I think the Brotherhood briefly appear but it turns out Joseph is leading them, then he gets killed?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Joseph was terrible.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

Joseph was terrible.

There's like a couple comics from the Claremont era with a Magneto I kinda like that I think got retconned into being Joseph and not Magneto, that's my sole source of any affection I have for him. Any comic I've read where he's called "Joseph" he's the loving worst.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
How does that work? His origin was clearly defined, when he came into being and that he never had Magnetos full memories.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

How does that work? His origin was clearly defined, when he came into being and that he never had Magnetos full memories.

90's are a loving weak point for me, I thought the Magneto that was in the Savage Land with Rogue towards the end of Claremont's run turned out to be Joseph. I must have wildly misread some editors note on a random story.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I guess it's possible but from what I remember Joseph was basically a transporter clone that had his mind blanked and he was programmed to kill Magneto. There was some crap about him being more powerful since he didn't have the blocks Magneto developed or something. There was a flashback to right after Avalon fell, Magnetos mind was restored and he had to fight Joseph. Joseph took a hit to the head and ends up at the convent or wherever Rogue found him. Magneto goes into hiding and comes back as Erik the Red?

I dunno, it's all a jumble in my head at this point. It was just really stupid.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I guess it's possible but from what I remember Joseph was basically a transporter clone that had his mind blanked and he was programmed to kill Magneto. There was some crap about him being more powerful since he didn't have the blocks Magneto developed or something. There was a flashback to right after Avalon fell, Magnetos mind was restored and he had to fight Joseph. Joseph took a hit to the head and ends up at the convent or wherever Rogue found him. Magneto goes into hiding and comes back as Erik the Red?

I dunno, it's all a jumble in my head at this point. It was just really stupid.

If he's not the Magneto in Savage Land, then gently caress him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Pretty sure it's not but someone might have retconned that.