Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Noxville posted:

Is it wrong to hope Boris walls out and does a Budd Dwyer

I think I’d actually wank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

No More Toast posted:

I wonder what this lockdown will mean for single person households that have made a support bubble with another household. My mental health is going to take a major nosedive if that can't continue.

i suggest just ignoring any parts of this new bullshit "lockdown" that might have a negative impact on your life

if the filth show up or whatever just tell them you needed to test your eyesight

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Laura looking a bit pissed off on BBC News. Reckon she's not happy that they leaked to the Mail & Times, and later Peston before her.

"All that bag carrying and this is my reward!"

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Mebh posted:

Anyone got a link where I can watch this press Conf? I don't use iplayer as gently caress paying for a TV license in 2020

https://m.youtube.com/watch?ab_channel=SkyNews&v=9Auq9mYxFEE

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib
Somewhere inside Downing Street, Robert Peston is kneeling next to the gap beneath a bathroom door. Nose wrinkled against the smell of of whisky and vomit, he pleads over the gargled snoring noises
"Please wake up Boris, we need you give us the news. They can't blame you. Somebody leaked it all over Twitter earlier anyway".

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/bbcnickrobinson/status/1322597130566029312?s=19

Lol he's aff his nut on spiked Bolivian nose candy and hiding in the downstairs toilet.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
"Insiders insist there’s been no trouble" oh well that's fine then

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Looke posted:

loving farcical this Government of cunts

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
yeah but imagine if that clown crorbyn had been elected

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
They destroyed the reputation of one of the last decent people in parliament so this coked up pervert could gently caress everything up but at least he won't touch the arms sales or money laundering.

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib

Gonzo McFee posted:

Lol he's aff his nut on spiked Bolivian nose candy and hiding in the downstairs toilet.

Fine, shitcan the country but for god's sake get it done before Strictly. There'd be riots.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

biglads posted:

Laura looking a bit pissed off on BBC News. Reckon she's not happy that they leaked to the Mail & Times, and later Peston before her.

"All that bag carrying and this is my reward!"

So question order will be Laura, Nick then Lord Peston I reckon

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
You know despite everything I'm still optimistic. Britain's under 40 population is actually fairly left wing and a hell of a lot of millenials/zoomies are outright communists/anarchists, so I don't see how we don't have a better future to look forward to once the lead-addled boomers start dying off in earnest, which is going to be happening over the next 10/20 years.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

ThomasPaine posted:

You know despite everything I'm still optimistic. Britain's under 40 population is actually fairly left wing and a hell of a lot of millenials/zoomies are outright communists/anarchists, so I don't see how we don't have a better future to look forward to once the lead-addled boomers start dying off in earnest.

Then the kids who inherent their parents wealth become tories, although that number shrinks the more wealth is concentrated in the hands of fewer people.

Mr Owl
Dec 28, 2008

ThomasPaine posted:

You know despite everything I'm still optimistic. Britain's under 40 population is actually fairly left wing and a hell of a lot of millenials/zoomies are outright communists/anarchists, so I don't see how we don't have a better future to look forward to once the lead-addled boomers start dying off in earnest, which is going to be happening over the next 10/20 years.

For like one generation before we feel the effects of global warming eh

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

ThomasPaine posted:

There is an endless supply of starmers being stamped out of the PPE factories to ensure that their desires are never met. How effective we are at bypassing that, remains to be seen.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Endjinneer posted:

Fine, shitcan the country but for god's sake get it done before Strictly. There'd be riots.

He can't, the England match is still on, he has to thread the needle between easy Saturday evening viewings lol

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

If they're cramming it into a few hours then how was it possible to leak it yesterday?

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Wow sky news is so poo poo... Report on attacks in France just did the 'some of them I assume are good people' regarding Muslims.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

Marmaduke! posted:

So question order will be Laura, Nick then Lord Peston I reckon

Gonna sub Beth Rigby in for Nick. Can't be doing 2 BBC 'journalists' in a row.

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE

endlessmonotony posted:

Do you have any proof? Any? Any at all?

A lot of Very Important people made the assumption kids aren't infectious because they desperately want to believe that and there's no loving evidence.

Russell Viner, the President of the RCPCH, said in August there is "very little evidence that the virus is transmitted in schools", which was not at all an assumption and is in fact based on extremely large data;

a loving atrocious imbecile posted:

"About 20,000 pupils and teachers in 100 schools were tested to monitor the spread of the disease up to the end of the summer term, he told The Sunday Times."

"This is...some of the largest data you will find on schools anywhere. Britain has done very well in terms of thinking of collecting data in schools."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-schools-reopen-children-covid-study-boris-johnson-a9661686.html

Hmm, the summer term when the schools were closed, a good time to gather such large data. What a good job Britane done, thinking of collecting the data. Collecting data is good! But wait! Since the children are now attending the schools, ol' Dr Viner has changed his loving tune and wants smaller data, only the tiniest;

a tremendously disingenous fuckwit posted:

“We need to be thinking: ‘Are we testing too many children?’ because of our understandable but probably unscientific and misplaced concerns about children being infected in schools.”

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/sep/27/too-many-children-tested-for-covid-leading-study-schools

Probably unscientific concerns, and ideally let's make sure they stay probably unscientific by not finding out.

Basically you are right and the Royal Colleges are a loving disgrace and frankly the entirety of the senior medical establishment can get in the bin sea hyde park covid mass burial pit

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Mebh posted:

Wow sky news is so poo poo... Report on attacks in France just did the 'some of them I assume are good people' regarding Muslims.

Without any caveats or qualifiers they said that Muslims are offended by the Charlie Hebdo cartoon.

I Wonder how many people are watching news channels for the first time in weeks/months watching this poo poo filler.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

FFS just let Larry take the press conference.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Live footage of Bojo right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGsCBbEBJqo

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Strom Cuzewon posted:

If they're cramming it into a few hours then how was it possible to leak it yesterday?

They're desperately trying to get him out of his Halloween costume but the shoe polish won't budge.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

It's 2020, the mask is gone.

farcry
Jan 18, 2006
Lol Boris is late with the extension to the extension for his dissertation on how to lockdown but still spread corona

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Everyone already knows what he's going to say, how is he not ready to say it.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

Gonzo McFee posted:

They're desperately trying to get him out of his Halloween costume but the shoe polish won't budge.

He's going to come out in a giant poppy costume

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
gently caress this, I'm doing dinner. Someone please prepare an executive summary of his stupid poo poo for me thanks in advance.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
In almost related news, was this posted already

https://twitter.com/TobyGranville/status/1322534512224542720

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Guavanaut posted:

gently caress this, I'm doing dinner. Someone please prepare an executive summary of his stupid poo poo for me thanks in advance.

Looke posted:

loving farcical this Government of cunts

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Guavanaut posted:

Hi I'm a massive bungling dipshit moron, just an incredible unsurpassed loving cretin.

idk what Boris is going to say though

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

jaete posted:

In almost related news, was this posted already

https://twitter.com/TobyGranville/status/1322534512224542720

That is one hell of a ratio lmao

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

https://twitter.com/MartinDaubney/s...ingawful.com%2F

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

ThomasPaine posted:

Is there any polling on how this used to be 5, 10, 20 years ago? It feels like it's always been said that the young are left and then the older you get the more right you move. I don't know if that's actually based on data or just a random belief/excuse for some old persons FYGM attitude.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Sad Panda posted:

Is there any polling on how this used to be 5, 10, 20 years ago? It feels like it's always been said that the young are left and then the older you get the more right you move. I don't know if that's actually based on data or just a random belief/excuse for some old persons FYGM attitude.

This is always the counterargument, but it relies on younger people becoming wealthier and more secure as they age, which isn't going to be the case for those in their 20s and 30s today to nearly the same extent as has been historically.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also things like thatcher bribing people with council houses isn't doable any more, the problem with neoliberalism is you eventually run out of state assets.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Two hours late and they immediately launch into boring visual data rather than telling anyone what's going on. They really don't want people to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juche Couture
Feb 3, 2007

Is it my tv or did they make their powerpoints with the wrong aspect ratio and now the edges are cut off?