Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

The mass combat game with a Zelda skin to sell it to people desperate for another actual Zelda game has a story stapled to it? Hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hawking
Aug 8, 2002

SHUT UP!
SHUT UP!
SHUT UP!!!

Smol posted:

Maybe I’m wildly off the mark, but I’m feeling like I’ll have to do some kind of Groundhog Day -esque super cycle before the of the game, where I fix everyone’s problems and the carnival goes perfectly.

We’ll see if I’m correct!

That’s basically how I prefer to get set up before my final boss runs when I go back and play it again every few years.

IIRC, you literally can’t fix everything though, as there are some actions which cause others to be unsolvable due to interwoven events like Anju and Kafei’s storyline.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Loucks posted:

The mass combat game with a Zelda skin to sell it to people desperate for another actual Zelda game has a story stapled to it? Hilarious.

what is this powerful early 2000s posting energy

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Dynasty brothers games are perfect rentals and nothing more

It has just occurred to me that they are called dynasty warriors. I’m leaving that as is

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Loucks posted:

Turn off your monitor computer

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I'm very sad that the DLC doesn't give you an option to just skip the dumb Yiga Clan stealth section, not even with Majora's Mask. I'll pay you $9.99 right now if I never have to play this segment again Nintendo :homebrew:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm very sad that the DLC doesn't give you an option to just skip the dumb Yiga Clan stealth section, not even with Majora's Mask. I'll pay you $9.99 right now if I never have to play this segment again Nintendo :homebrew:

You also forgot the korok stealth trial.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

You also forgot the korok stealth trial.

I don't even know what that mission is :smug:

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Captain Hygiene posted:

If they didn't turn off your abilities like mipha's grace but were still super strong I think it would be okay. I know you can still fight your way through it and forced stealth sections in gerudo territory might be a callback to OoT and the other games but still

night slime
May 14, 2014

Captain Hygiene posted:

It's a boring segment but if you get good enough at their combat patterns and freezing them you can take them out 1 by 1.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I just did that part again yesterday and it took me like 4 bunches of bananas thrown in certain spots and quick jumping & gliding past them. Maybe 15-20 minutes tops.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

It's not the worst thing ever, and it's always over faster than I expect, but I just hate any (practically) instafail stealth segment in a non-stealth game. It's yet another reason why I spent most of my life inaccurately thinking I hate stealth games in general.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

You regularly say things to these effects but I keep being surprised given your affinity for Solid Snake :confused:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

You regularly say things to these effects but I keep being surprised given your affinity for Solid Snake :confused:

That's the thing, I spent years hating stealth games because I'd only played stuff like this that tried to stick a stealth segment into a game that wasn't strongly designed around it. Then I got convinced to play MGSV, and my eyes were opened :ninja:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Captain Hygiene posted:

That's the thing, I spent years hating stealth games because I'd only played stuff like this that tried to stick a stealth segment into a game that wasn't strongly designed around it. Then I got convinced to play MGSV, and my eyes were opened :ninja:
For real. I love stealth mechanics when that's the game.

Putting that poo poo into a Zelda is like playing tag with your friends as a kid and somebody suddenly changes the rules and now you have to do long division before you tag them.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
I find the fairies in this game very unsettling

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

el oso posted:

I find the fairies in this game very unsettling

I love Malanya.

Especially since I found her last so she was a total surprise.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
... i jest.

Earthorn
Jul 18, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

Send those big Yiga to the phantom zone with ancient arrows, if you have any.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
i dont think it will be alternate timeline. they didnt get rid of split timelines just to do it all over again. just that robot stuck forever in groundhog day. they all seemed to already know ganon was coming and what he was gonna do anyway in the flashbacks of botw. plus that robot was in the castle the entire time, which i reckon is that evil mini robot from the cutscene of the end of level 2. they probably reprogrammed and zelda left it in her study when poo poo got really real. watch out for a botw patch to add it in or have it turn up in botw 2 also AoC is fun from the demo, gonna get the full game and then complete it and then play botw master mode and then play botw2.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I'm starting to suspect the reason we haven't gotten any new info on botw2 in nearly a year and a half is entirely because of age of calamity, either by its mere existence or its story.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's gonna turn out AoC is BotW2 all along.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's gonna turn out AoC is BotW2 all along.

:negative:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I just spammed bomb arrows, the yiga can't report if they can't stand up

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
gamers: please just let the story continue uninterrupted for more than two games

nintendo: haha infinite timelines machine goes brrrr

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
gonna own when they add the super talon bros as dlc, forcing nintendo to add 17 more timelines to the historia

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

gamers: please just let the story continue uninterrupted for more than two games

nintendo: haha infinite timelines machine goes brrrr

Someone wished on a monkey paw for BOTW to be a timeline reboot for the franchise, so it's starting over but way worse this time around

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
The Subrosan Illuminati remains a powerful yet hidden force in the shadow game of hyrulean politics

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Of course the BOTW masters are destroying Guardians in the demo and showing off

https://twitter.com/smaho_neko/status/1322554490080260096?s=21

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Peco's take on killing guardians in hard mode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XnTITwL-mQ

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Its interesting to see how they really fused Link's HW Hylian Sword moveset with his BotW stuff. I saw a lot more animations and stuff straight out of the original HW than I was expecting.

Looks fun as hell.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Peco's take on killing guardians in hard mode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XnTITwL-mQ

Holy cow, I haven't downloaded the demo yet but I take it you're not supposed to actually fight the guardian at this point?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

Holy cow, I haven't downloaded the demo yet but I take it you're not supposed to actually fight the guardian at this point?

no but they are also level 20 and your only meant to be level 3-4 at that point plus you gotta do some other poo poo to get its health down to a quarter before you are meant to attack it. lol

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

Yes, there is a method for thwarting the guardian that the game offers to the player. Having played through the demo, I assumed this method wasn't possible, given that he both has to do a lot of damage and prevent it from moving to subsequent locations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah but if course Peco is the guy behind videos like “Bokoblin Slayer” and ones where he kills multiple gold Linels without getting hit or killing one by juggling boomerangs. The guy is a BOTW beast

Edit: Awww yissss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_n52JJpwe8

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
drat, I don't know what I was expecting but I was not prepared for the egg Guardian to be not-R2D2.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Manoueverable posted:

I'm starting to suspect the reason we haven't gotten any new info on botw2 in nearly a year and a half is entirely because of age of calamity, either by its mere existence or its story.

I fully expect the ending of AoC to tie into BotW2

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

RatHat posted:

I fully expect the ending of AoC to tie into BotW2

It would be pretty interesting if AoC neatly tied into the beginning of BotW2 just like 1, but, you know, more people are alive to help out. It would also mean an easy AoC2.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

The last story mode level of Age of Calamity should just be an endurance level with an infinite tsunami of guardians until they kill all the other main characters, and when you finally lose all your health as Link he is rescued at the last second by Zelda's magic and stuck in the shrine of resurrection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

The last story mode level of Age of Calamity should just be an endurance level with an infinite tsunami of guardians until they kill all the other main characters, and when you finally lose all your health as Link he is rescued at the last second by Zelda's magic and stuck in the shrine of resurrection.

I legit think (and hope) it’ll be something like this, followed by Zelda going to deal Ganon in Hyrule Castle as the closing shot