Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

https://ww6.readmha.com/chapter/boku-no-hero-academia-chapter-289/

Here is the chapter.

Oh gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Not how I thought we’d finally meet Spider-man.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Oh, hey, Ochako's finally getting a nemesis. It's about drat time.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I forgot that the only named casualty of Super Libertarians vs. Legion of Doom was the blue lady.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

That last panel is gorgeous

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

making iida say "christ" made me double take, fuckin speed scans

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

kidcoelacanth posted:

It's so weird, right!?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

#LetIidaSayFuck

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

kidcoelacanth posted:

That seems weird for MHA in general, let alone that character.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"JESUS loving TAPDANCING CHRIST ON A MOTHERFUCKING SHITHOUSE CRACKER", said Iida as he did his weird arm movements

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

That seems weird for MHA in general, let alone that character.

Yeah. If I was going top five 1-A students to swear, it'd be Bakugo, Bakugo, Uraraka, Bakugo again, and Deku (but only when he's getting into his whole Bakugo combat mindset).

Iida's right next to Momo and Koda in the "I can't see it" category.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Hmm, so Dabi, Shoto, and a badly wounded Endeavor are now all in one place.

Hmm.

HMM.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I know this is a classic element of manga and anime but we could use maybe a few less reaction panels of characters' faces looking shocked scattered around the borders of every page.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

kidcoelacanth posted:

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Nejire looks pissed. I wonder if she'll get a chance to do anything. My gut is saying "no."

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm surprised she's actually here.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Professor Wayne posted:

Nejire looks pissed. I wonder if she'll get a chance to do anything. My gut is saying "no."

She seems like a good candidate to get powers stolen by Shigaraki, since flight and energy attacks are both pretty standard and useful abilities

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

TheKingofSprings posted:

She seems like a good candidate to get powers stolen by Shigaraki, since flight and energy attacks are both pretty standard and useful abilities

Honestly I figure she's going to get dusted. We already have "Oh no I lost my powers!" and "Oh no my mentor is gravely wounded!", it wouldn't add much to the story for Nejire to have yet another instance of that.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Honestly I figure she's going to get dusted. We already have "Oh no I lost my powers!" and "Oh no my mentor is gravely wounded!", it wouldn't add much to the story for Nejire to have yet another instance of that.

Endeavor is right there in range of a pretty much fully healthy Dabi, though.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The main villain is still standing and his army just arrived and the only people here still able to fight are Shoto, Iida, and Nejire. Sure hope Momo's anesthesia starts working soon.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Rhonne posted:

The main villain is still standing and his army just arrived and the only people here still able to fight are Shoto, Iida, and Nejire. Sure hope Momo's anesthesia starts working soon.

I'm guessing Shiggy passes out from destruction and the big mountain boy decides its time to retreat to save his master. Since the league is on his back, they are forced along with him since they don't want to risk splitting up with their leader.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Rhonne posted:

Machia picks up Shiggy and heads off after another skirmish; both sides retreat in a bloody draw and begin to dig in for a hero-villain cold war. Deku loses his arms and needs super-prosthetics, Torino and maybe Midnight bite it, Hawks' back is burned to the bone so his flying days are over, Mirko gets prosthetics as shown in a cover, Eraser gets a new leg, Hatsume Mei suddenly becomes a very important character, Momo has to be talked out of suicide, and Deku has to spill the beans about OFA cause too many people have too many questions.

That, I believe, is what happens next.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Best Jeanist is absolutely going to show up at the last moment and capture Gigantomachia. I dunno if he STAYS captured, maybe. Gigantomachia can't really be contained, so unless he somehow gets killed the only way to contain him would be to literally just keep him in a coma with sedatives which is sorta hosed up for heroes to do.

If Shigaraki has to retreat, he probably heads for Tartarus- barring some other hidden fortress.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

It's gonna be pretty funny when Uraraka is the one to figure out that "saving everyone" includes the villains before Deku does. That's basically whats being set up, right? She'll realise that Toga is still able to be redeemed and promise to help her figure out how to live her Normal Life without hurting people (non-consensually) or something. Probably with a bunch of yuri undertones on Ochacho's part and overtones on Toga's.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I have to assume that AfO knows that Shiggy is about to pass out if he does any more, rendering AfO unable to help him from the beyond, and will be captured by whichever survivor next turns up (presumably Jeanist), which is the only reason he isn't letting Shiggy dust everyone here and is actively holding him off the ground.

As for Deku, lord knows what'll happens. I assume that there'll be some development that lets him keep his arms, because it would be pretty bloody stupid if the spirits made their declaration that they've chosen Deku as their successor right after he irrevocably blew his own arms off.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
We still have another shoe to drop in the quirk/predecessor that All Might was concerned about. I'm still taking bets on it being regeneration with nasty strings attached.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh the days when Ochako was a main character in the manga.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Ochaco's from a family of low-class construction workers.

She knows words that would make Bakugo tell her to watch her loving mouth.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

RareAcumen posted:

Back in those days when Iida got as much focus as Todoroki and Bakugo.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Could be worse. At least MHA sidelines female characters so insanely rad ones like Miruko and Mt Lady can get more exposure!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Remember when Iida got a whole character arc? Remember when Ojiro was on-screen?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Kanos posted:

Back in those days when Iida got as much focus as Todoroki and Bakugo.

I miss him.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
A full character arc that is still relevant to the story for Iida is a lot more than the...fourth male protagonist usually gets in a shonen story. Not sure what the criticism is about on that one unless you want Hori to put out 3 issues a week.

Wish the girls would get more focus but that'll always be a shonen problem.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

hard to complain too much when the main character of the manga is female (mirko)

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Remember when Ojiro was on-screen?

I genuinely do not.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Two Tone Shoes posted:

A full character arc that is still relevant to the story for Iida is a lot more than the...fourth male protagonist usually gets in a shonen story. Not sure what the criticism is about on that one unless you want Hori to put out 3 issues a week.

On the other hand, I think this and a chapter or so ago might be the most screen time Tsuyu has gotten in a while now.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Horikoshi made a conscious decision to spend huge swathes of the manga focusing on characters who are not part of Class 1A, so it's not like there hasn't been any space for characters like Iida and Ochako to have screen time, he just chose to spend that space elsewhere.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Fabricated posted:

We still have another shoe to drop in the quirk/predecessor that All Might was concerned about. I'm still taking bets on it being regeneration with nasty strings attached.

Bet you it's a "The Thing" type deal where he has to absorb biomass in a horrible body horror type of way.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

If it is some kind of regeneration quirk, then I'm betting it'll be a "regenerate now, shorten your overall lifespan later" type deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

That, or it permanently draws energy from other people, which even if you only do it on villains is a pretty big yikes.