Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://twitter.com/KaelanRamos/status/1322333994332131329

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

:whatup:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

homeless snail posted:

homeless snail posted:

Starting at approximately 1PM Eastern Saturday, I'm gonna burn off everything I have in one big streaming bonfire, continuing until I have no videos left to stream. Rough schedule is gonna be:

• 1:00-3:15 last three episodes of Horror News
  • 3:15-5:45 Occlutic; Nine: The Directergs Cut
  • 5:45-7 something The Werewolf Game: Prison Break

Probably finish off Hell Girl and another movie also if Google finishes encoding them by then, just drop in idk

https://cytu.be/r/okayletswatchdramas
Beginning in about 15 minutes. The Bonefire Playlist is currently about 15 hours long depending on Google's cooperation, so this might end up just playing all weekend
this is starting to get out of control, but douzo

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/1322367030893268995

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yesssss, my volumes of Pluto came into the library today.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Kenshiro is far more merciful and kind than any Galaxy Express 999 character

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I just watched Tenkuu Danzai Skelter Heaven, an OVA directed by the same person that directed Mars of Destruction, Yoshiteru Satou, and oof it's honestly just as bad as that was.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Waffleman_/status/1322598102998654976?s=20

Urasawa is good

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Pluto is so good.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That thread is a loving trip! I loved Children of the Atom and Marvel Super Heroes back in the mid 90's.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/tokugifs/status/1322420797286305794

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Pluto is good

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/1322569017417109504

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i've decided i'm pro-akuma no riddle's ending because it is incredibly true to the spirit of a story from a weird yuri manga author to have everyone die tragically and then end the story with everyone inexplicably being alive, achieving their dreams and hanging out together

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In the thing that was truly killed... was the story.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
akuma no riddle's writing exists mostly to drive character vignettes so like. idk maybe i'd care more if the overall story was that carefully constructed

honestly i think the dramatic ending it felt like it was going with before that would've been much more lame

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i liked the romeo & juliet episode

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i also feel this way about the ending of mai-hime and akuma no riddle has the benefit over mai-hime of me liking more than 1/3 of its cast

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

bai hime

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
mai-hime would be a better show, if mai was bi

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

bi-hime

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i still love that the literal title of the show, the guy who calls to give tokaku a riddle every episode, has nothing to do with anything

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

i still love that the literal title of the show, the guy who calls to give tokaku a riddle every episode, has nothing to do with anything

i like that one of the episode pvs is just him saying "have you figured it out yet? that's right. everything i say is bullshit. none if it has any point."

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

i like that one of the episode pvs is just him saying "have you figured it out yet? that's right. everything i say is bullshit. none if it has any point."
the real riddle (story of devil)

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

weed

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

no more weed, stair

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
ween

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

x

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i kinda streamed the live action Horror News as a joke based primarily on how bad the 2014 ONA version was, i'd never read the original manga or anything, but it actually ended up being pretty good... surprisingly fun gore for a TV show, more internal consistency than you usually get out of horror stories including multiple really satisfying scenes where characters use the rules to fatally own each other, also an absolutely buckwild finale. main character spends 6 episodes struggling with the responsibilities of her scary newspaper and the creepy paperboy, and then at the very end is cursed to become the paperboy herself and you get 30 minutes of her slowly becoming the horror movie monster and haunting people

i also over this month have gotten weirdly fascinated by The Werewolf Game movie franchise and now have to watch all of them

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Pluto is very good

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
yeah, then why havent they made pluto 2?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

also thank you to erg for the occultic;nine directergs cut

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Space Flower posted:

yeah, then why havent they made pluto 2?

It's called Sedna

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

🎶it's been awhile since I've seen you smile🎶

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

homeless snail posted:

also thank you to erg for the occultic;nine directergs cut
How was it? Was there more Ryoka?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yes erg animated more ryoka for everyone. thank you erg

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Therg

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Please and thank you, Erg.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

The Colonel posted:

i've decided i'm pro-akuma no riddle's ending because it is incredibly true to the spirit of a story from a weird yuri manga author to have everyone die tragically and then end the story with everyone inexplicably being alive, achieving their dreams and hanging out together

The first time round, I burst out laughing at the ending. Since then though, yeah. It works no matter how stupid it seems.

Also the purpose of Akuma no Riddle's writing is to facilitate as much fanfiction as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

verbal enema posted:

idk what Carried By The Wind is but its on Tubi and the first 20 seconds plus the OP have me sold holy goodness goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQhYBdJFgSs

this is now an enka thread