Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Once again I am glad that New Horizons Halloween is Baby Mode because I remember how hard the event could be in previous installments and I'm really glad the villagers don't initiate conversation with you themselves anymore. It's not like in Gamecube days where they would demand candy and for a trick they PERMANENTLY WRECK poo poo IN YOUR INVENTORY. If you were for some reason carrying some once-in-a-lifetime item in your pockets? Gone, reduced to atoms.

I’m trying! Some lady is in the way!

EDIT: Sorry, we had to walk through flowers. We took three gifts. And I just now realize I’m quoting the wrong post. Happy Halloween.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I assume we're getting more emotes since they made a second page instead of just fitting them all on the first.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

:siren: :siren: Today is the big Day!! Sand Souci is welcoming any and all visitors for the Halloween Fright Fest! :siren: :siren:

Back up!
The Dodo Code to Fright is CLOSED

I am your gracious host Stonks, Master of Scarimonies!

On the West Side of the Island, visit the untold scares that await in the constructed HAUNTED FOREST!

Come and visit the Spookyfied General's Fun Park the biggest attraction in Sand Souci. Come see the various stands and purchase goods, ride on one of our four teacups, perform a spooky show on our updated haunted stage, and of course Visit the World Famous Sand Souci Haunted House on top of Souci Hill ! Six rooms of terror await you, can you survive?

The Rooms Include:
The Forbidden Summons
'The Stiching Room'
Graveyard of Villagers Past
Hell Itself
The Laboratory of Madness
The Church of Resurrection

Enter if you Dare!!

The beach house up at the front is also in full halloween mode now, so check the top floor if you get a chance

All the villagers are getting into the act. Come see Coco, the Living Dead Bunny, Meringe the Yummy Mummy, Punk Rocker Cherry-Bomb, Lucky the Undead, Queen Ahnka, Goth Supreme Muffy, and more.

Plus they've left treats (and a few tricks) by each of their houses. We don't know the volume of gifts, so please limit yourself to one per guest! Let's keep it fun!

If you enjoyed your stay, please leave us a Spooky Halloween drawing on the bulliten board, tonight especially would mean a lot!
Anything at nooks is up for purchase, so help yourself!

The ables have costumes available for all your dress up needs, and don't forget your last chance to buy candy at nooks!

i'll be in and out tonight, so please don't be offended if I'm not around when you visit, but I'll try to be around as much as possible

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Nov 1, 2020

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

HeartArt posted:

Last chance to visit Sapphire’s Spooky Forest and Haunted House tonight!

This was a blast, thanks for opening up tonight!

Lots of great islands with decorations aplenty, I'll be back out trick-or-treating and crossing animals after a break.

Burnt Poffin
Oct 10, 2012

Black Robe posted:

Ruby was... the opposite of spooped. Not sure if that's unique to her or if all peppy villagers react that way, I didn't want to try it on Bianca.

Annabelle wanted to be my apprentice, too, but since Bunny stayed inside, so I'm not sure if all peppy villagers have the same response. :)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I was worried with how few candies I'd bought, but it was nice how easy it was to shake down get more donated so you could get all the prizes. Although I'm sad Monique didn't deem my Link costume spooky enough for a treat and made me go change.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Burnt Poffin posted:

Annabelle wanted to be my apprentice, too, but since Bunny stayed inside, so I'm not sure if all peppy villagers have the same response. :)
Dotty, my peppy bunny also wanted an apprenticeship.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Really cute event, nice and quick to get done (I forgot all about it until a bit ago, banged all my stuff out nice and fast, I had been collecting candy/DIY through the month so I just needed the day-of stuff) and it seems most villager types have their own cute spin on how they act. Plus I'm always a slut for Spooky Season, I'm probably gonna keep my little Halloween patch for good, got a nice little pumpkin farm with the spooky stuff around it and all. Here's hoping Thanksgiving and Christmas stuff is as fun.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Does Jack keep giving you endless copies of his outfit? Because I appropriated quite a lot of candy tonight

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The Door Frame posted:

Does Jack keep giving you endless copies of his outfit? Because I appropriated quite a lot of candy tonight

Yeah, I stopped collecting from him at three Jack heads.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I went with a full-on pirate costume, and then Dom pranked me with some green makeup. Now I'm a :spooky: dead pirate! :spooky:

Jack sure does love giving away his robes... I think I've got everything at this rate.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

Dodo code: Closed

My Island is a mess, sorry. I have islanders to scare, though.

Please only take the stuff on the west south beach, or the clothes from the very east beach, thanks. Or catalogue. Also I have many pumpkins to take.

Also, I love posts.

Space Robot fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Nov 1, 2020

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

I assume we're getting more emotes since they made a second page instead of just fitting them all on the first.

The Shrunk Funk Shuffle is coming back, baby

pech
Jul 19, 2004

Did anyone miss out on Halloween? I can give you spare Halloween rewards if you need

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

on the one hand it was nice that the halloween event was pretty quick and easy to complete, on the other hand i did kinda enjoy having to power through like a full day of playing in the old halloween events. the gamecube version event took me legit like 8 fuckin hours to get the full spooky set back in the day lmao.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I wish there were dress able mannequins in the game. I could add a bunch of Jack's around the island... Standin' and spoopin'.

Also, only one of my gold nuggets got snagged in my giveaway, yay!

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I've learned not to stockpile candy so much, at least. I had far, far more than I needed. Ah well.

And now it's mushroom season. And a whole bunch of new poo poo to chase down, dig up (gently caress mole crickets), fish up or swim for.

pech
Jul 19, 2004

I was looking forward to a new month but in Southern Hemisphere I have only found like three different creatures and there doesn’t seem to be much else lol

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

We had a bunch of goons over on my island, and things got...interesting

https://twitter.com/GoonStonks/status/1322821586546683906

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Halloween was a fukken blast and I enjoyed all the trick or treating and awesome costumes. All the spooky decorations and haunted houses were great!

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
I want to establish what I need to catch in order to fill out a few gaps I have in my critterpedia. There are ample resources that list all the critters of course, but the one's I've seen are all lists of critters.

Is there a resource out there that visually structures things like the in-game critterpedia itself? E.g. so when in game I see I have don't have the critter below 'blue weevil beetle', an online resource will visually indicate what goes there?

Edit: Ah, no worries, a brain fart on my part. Nookipedia's critter list is in the correct order, so I can still easily work out what I'm missing.

magimix fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Nov 1, 2020

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I tried to remove the prank makeup from yesterday, but my character is stuck with a blue skin colour all over, how do I remove this?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

ulvir posted:

I tried to remove the prank makeup from yesterday, but my character is stuck with a blue skin colour all over, how do I remove this?

The person that pranked you should also have given you a mirror to take it off with. Or any mirror if you already have one.

e: oh shoot, the marker lines don't come off?

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Nov 1, 2020

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

My Switch didn't make the time change this morning. :ohdear:

Also, I have plenty of extra spooky rugs and walls and Jack's head and robes if anyone needs them.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

KK's here a day late because obviously yesterday was Halloween. Once you've requested the 3 secret songs, are there certain other ones you should prioritise asking him for? The Nook Shopping one has been repeating ones I already have semi-frequently and there are still a lot I need, do certain ones come up for sale more/less often?

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Black Robe posted:

KK's here a day late because obviously yesterday was Halloween. Once you've requested the 3 secret songs, are there certain other ones you should prioritise asking him for? The Nook Shopping one has been repeating ones I already have semi-frequently and there are still a lot I need, do certain ones come up for sale more/less often?

I just have him pick a song himself randomly over giving him a mood or specifying one in particular, and I've yet to get one that I had already.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Go do the Haunt and Scare emotes to the other NPC's across your island. Little Timmy and Tommy are so fierce! ... fierce.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

We had a bunch of goons over on my island, and things got...interesting

https://twitter.com/GoonStonks/status/1322821586546683906

I'm glad I came! I was almost ready to go to bed here and then I saw you open up and thought well I can't miss out on this haha! Can't remember the last time I was on an island with so many people.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What do with mushrooms?!

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What do with mushrooms?!

They're a crating material. Shoot down balloons for new recipes.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Never mind the turnips, I'm making bank out of crab meat at the moment.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

ulvir posted:

The face paint is a custom pattern, you change it with the rightmost tab option in the mirror menu

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

First tarantula encounter went about as well as I expected. Little bastards. My island doesn't have a lot of wide open space any more, it's hard to see them coming in time to actually do anything about it.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

Holy Hell, I just noticed the mushrooms all over the place. Do some make you sick like in real life?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
So I forgot to log into AC yesterday for Halloween. Is it possible to time travel back to a few days before so I can get candy and do the event, or would I have needed to actually log into the game on Halloween?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Willo567 posted:

So I forgot to log into AC yesterday for Halloween. Is it possible to time travel back to a few days before so I can get candy and do the event, or would I have needed to actually log into the game on Halloween?

You can get candy during the event by trick-or-treating and visiting your villagers at home

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Black Robe posted:

Never mind the turnips, I'm making bank out of crab meat at the moment.

I cannot, for the life of me, find a snow crab. Motherfuckin RNG.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Isabelle gave me a recipe for a Mushroom Wreath today and I got my first black rose. Good start.

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

Black Robe posted:

(gently caress mole crickets)

gently caress mole crickets forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

My first mushroom recipe from a balloon is... a duplicate of the mushroom wreath recipe. :negative: