Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Notably, Kalista was the head of the royal knights when she got sent on her quest and Hecarim was only meant to lead them whilst Kalista was gone. It's just that when she returns and finds the Queen already dead she knows she cannot guide them to the Blessed Isles, as she was commanded that the magic Water of Life would only work if the Queen still lived.

Eventually she does it anyway and that leads to the terrible no good very bad mist.

The other reason people think he's going to be a champion is in the most recent champion development blog they mentioned someone who went to the ends of the earth and beyond life and death to save the one he loved (which is pretty much the story of him and his queen). So he's some sort of "romantic" soul hence the young romance novel protagonist look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Yeah the Ruined King is super confirmed as a champion. The ring that popped up in the latest champion roadmap has a sigil identical to his blade. The timing for the next champion's release matches up with this trailer's 'early 2021' announcement, too. I'm so hyped, love seeing more MF and Braum!

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
They should just name him 'Ruined King' instead of giving him an actual name, or keep the actual name in the lore.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

jumanji the ruined king

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

My immediate first thoughts:

"Man Illaoi looks cool"
"Huh so that's what Yasuo and Ahri were heading to Bilgewater for."
"Wait is Pyke even stable enough to join this group?"
"Man the Ruined King looks weird."

strong bird
May 12, 2009

pyke hates the water and if u play that champ he will let you know. morganna loves the soil and likewise she will let you know, at length. ashe the fronst archer? she loves the frailyord and she wont shut the gently caress up about it

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Hellioning posted:

My immediate first thoughts:

"Man Illaoi looks cool"
"Huh so that's what Yasuo and Ahri were heading to Bilgewater for."
"Wait is Pyke even stable enough to join this group?"
"Man the Ruined King looks weird."

I could barely tell miss fortune was supposed to be miss fortune
in the third-party game she looks cool instead of stupid and badly designed so she's basically unrecognizable

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

in the third-party game she looks cool instead of stupid and badly designed so she's basically unrecognizable

She looks good in League itself too.

This skin has been a thing since Gangplank got remade. It's basically a lower-scale version of how Spirit Guard Udyr is what Udyr would really look like if updated, since it represents current MF. You just don't hear people bitch about it because Captain Fortune is only 975 RP.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Yeah, Captain Fortune is her 'canon' look and really should have been her new default.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Skins don't count and splash art instead of ingame models double extra 100% doesn't count

e:
That art is really nice, but the ingame model looks nothing like it and is basically ruined by overdone gaudy gold trim.

(still better than the default look though)

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Oct 31, 2020

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Max Coveri posted:

They should just name him 'Ruined King' instead of giving him an actual name, or keep the actual name in the lore.

Call him Elvis.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Skins don't count and splash art instead of ingame models double extra 100% doesn't count

e:
That art is really nice, but the ingame model looks nothing like it and is basically ruined by overdone gaudy gold trim.

(still better than the default look though)

You need new eyes. It's the exact same look. The gaudy gold trim is in the skin splash too. The lighting just dims it a little. Look below her bustline in the splash.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
easier said than done am i right :mrgw:

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

is the ruin king lookin g for his blade back. “Where’s my blade” -the ruin king

strong bird
May 12, 2009

miss fortune has fat, heaving tits. and its ftw

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a 80 hour rpg starring rammus. all dialogue options are just various tones of 'ok'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fool! You killed my brother! Do you expect mercy? The hordes of the underdark will soon have your soul!

-> Ok!
Ok.
Ok?
Ok...

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

occasionally you also say "alright"

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

how do u win at the breakdancing minigame

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

CYBEReris posted:

how do u win at the breakdancing minigame

it's a rhythm game but the only score is 'ok'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ungulateman posted:

it's a rhythm game but the only score is 'ok'

you rappin' ok

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The Shortest Path posted:

I've read fanfiction with plots less bad than that.

its because they came up with a skin idea and then made a champion to fit it, only to make money. it's a loving joke

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

why in the gently caress is this dude in a silver 1 flex game of 5 against a 2 and 3 stack

beat him and the dudes he was boosted but what the gently caress

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Riots matchmaking has always been dogshit

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
but like this loving bad? goddamn like the only saving grace was our toplaner gracefully lost lane and we ate his boosted team alive

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
yeah that's the problem with having multiple ranked leagues within the same general rank structure. dude's #624 in NA in solo queue but probably only plays flex with his IRL buddies who are all silvers so they balance out to gold I

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
A couple years ago I was playing with someone who was totally new to league, sub level 20 and they had to lane against a challenger player. Don't think they played anymore after that

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The most frustrating thing ranking used to be "Okay, time for your Gold V promo match, here's 2 plat players, a Diamond, 4 mid gold players, and a 3 low silver players. Have fun!"

There's not enough people playing on NA to have balanced match-making IMO, the size of the country is massive and has the lowest player-base of all the major regions (EUW, EUNE, Korea, and the 2-3 Chinese servers). Part of the reason why Diamond on LAN was a meme wasn't because the region was easier, it just had much lower ping for East Coast players and the spread was a lot thinner between ranks, in NA you could be in Silver with Bronze and Platinum people playing in the same game.

Also "Smurf detection" was really loving wild when leveling up new accounts. If the system detected you weren't a brain-dead newbie they'd just throw you into unranked solo queue with Diamond players a lot

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Servaetes posted:

why in the gently caress is this dude in a silver 1 flex game of 5 against a 2 and 3 stack

beat him and the dudes he was boosted but what the gently caress

all the reasons you said explain it

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
NA has the lowest player base? What happened

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

Three words happened: Heroes Of Newerth

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Drone_Fragger posted:

Three words happened: Heroes Of Newerth

People are still playing that? Dang. I figured it would have gone under after League and Dota 2 both got established as e-sports.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

The great moba civil war scythed across the USA, leaving men, women and children either dead or playing HoN. The survivors didn’t want to play it, but it was better than being sent to the re-education camps.

For real though I don’t know what happened, I think hon is dead as poo poo, especially since dota2 came out.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tired Moritz posted:

they always have

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
I took a 3 year break from League and have decided to re-install.....

Riot's "meta-verse" is creeping me out so much.
Their newest champion apparently has a twitter account where she waxes lyrical about the hard life of a pop-star.
Their female champions are now in a .... real life, like, our-world k-pop band?
The actual reason champions can do the cool stuff they do is.........a bunch of super-skilled Koreans are controlling them?

As a 29 year old gen-x er .......is this what the kids are into these days?

In the future, when I play the next Dragon Age live service and I get to the end boss Desire Demon will she say:
"My power comes from my army of Twitter simps, follow me on @Desiree_Demoness .
And I alt-tab, and sure enough, that's an actual twitter account where people are posting ironically (or not, let's be real)
"STEP ON ME MY QUEEN!"

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They did get dragged pretty hard for it but this is Riot who will continue to abuse and harass their employees/fans with zero consequences.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I wonder how many KDA fans that keep posting fancams actually play the games

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Sample_text posted:

I took a 3 year break from League and have decided to re-install.....

Riot's "meta-verse" is creeping me out so much.
Their newest champion apparently has a twitter account where she waxes lyrical about the hard life of a pop-star.
Their female champions are now in a .... real life, like, our-world k-pop band?
The actual reason champions can do the cool stuff they do is.........a bunch of super-skilled Koreans are controlling them?

In the future, when I play the next Dragon Age live service and I get to the end boss Desire Demon will she say:
"My power comes from my army of Twitter simps, follow me on @Desiree_Demoness .
And I alt-tab, and sure enough, that's an actual twitter account where people are posting ironically (or not, let's be real)
"STEP ON ME MY QUEEN!"

Nah, the twitter pop star thing is specifically just for this champion because they absolutely came up with NEW K/DA CHAMP WITH 30$ SKIN first and then the actual in game champion second, so it's all marketing for the KPop themed skin, not the actual champion who is from Piltover and knowingly uses the corpses of a genocided race to become famous. K/DA is just like Pentakill, where the idea is this a band made from these characters, and Pentakill is hella old and got an actual full album a few years ago. Riot hired a bunch of actual Kpop and american singers to perform the songs.

The last bit there you're talking about is literally just advertisement for the worlds event, so it's basically just hey look at these people who play our game professionally that we're acknowledging in this advertisement for the biggest event in our professional play scene. It's actually been happening for about 5 years at this point.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Nov 1, 2020

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Sample_text posted:

You're actually a millienial if your age is 29. This surprised me too when I looked it up.

K/DA aside, Seraphine is probably their most egregious marketing choice to date. Very :riot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Kazinsal posted:

she is 100% geared towards milking money out of dudes who are into 16 year old k-pop stars and riot knows how much bank that's gonna result in

if you are ever bored enough (please don't be) look at her twitter and the godawful replies to them, at least several have chains of middle aged arab men trying to propose to a video game character (this is the most confusing thing), mixed in with the war criminal accusations