Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

The fact the reforging requires the same CTP is what really bothers me. Give me something to do with my 10 worthless Transcendences!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Love SpiderWoman and kind of sad that the only other bio sub character I don't have is Morbius. I usually like to wait until there's 4 or 5 before I grab a package to get the most bang for my buck but I might relent for Jessica Drew.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

STAC Goat posted:

Love SpiderWoman and kind of sad that the only other bio sub character I don't have is Morbius. I usually like to wait until there's 4 or 5 before I grab a package to get the most bang for my buck but I might relent for Jessica Drew.

I had this with Dazzler. I won't buy X-men subs unless there are at least 2 characters i want, but Allison shows up and I bought the sub. Luckily I had exactly enough rank up tickets to be able to get her to t2 without wasting the subs.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Fneeb posted:

Did Daisy get her T3 and become rightful queen of the Blasts yet? I'd also accept Lincoln as a comedy option.

They forgot about my waifu and I will never forgive them

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Oh man. I just realized I didn't do squad battle today or yesterday so I went to look for it and its locked as of this week's patch. I still haven't done most of the revamped story because its boring as hell, and squad battle is locked behind 7-3.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Wizchine posted:

This game has been going for a long time. If targeting whales with certain content ensures it lasts longer, who am I to complain?

That’s just it though; the whales are the maddest about the new stuff. People who never tried to compete with them still won’t, but the people who did are frustrated by the extra squeeze.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Random questions aimed at post-lvl-100 players that I've not been able to successfully google for answers:

- I'm consistently running up against the inventory cap for phoenix feathers so I've been using them on mutants whenever they have gear or costumes to level up or on creating uniform upgrade kits just to make sure I don't lose any. Is there a better way to use these and should I care about wasting any? I've been reticent to start creating black anti-matter when I still have so many characters to take from I to II that will use those norn stones.

- Do you ever stop messing with custom gear? Like, you've got all your characters equipped with whatever you want that isn't CTP so you can go ahead and either sell whatever obelisks you pick up or dump them into your agent badge.

- Do you actually max out on danger room attempts? That seems miserable. A couple of months in and I still have no idea what's happening in this mode.

- Do you sell or combine your 1* and 2* uru and cards?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Fair warning I play unoptimally since I'm just collecting and having fun, and not playing competitively or for a challenge. But here are my answers as a 3 year player.

Phoenix feathers - I constantly run into the cap. I try to feed it into potential or gear for sub-70 mutants. I've maxed out a few and am slowly working up Colossus to 4x25 in case they ever T3 him. Whenever I notice I'm not getting feathers anymore from the xgene bonus missions (magneto and psylocke) I find a mutant I've forgotten about and dump max 100% feathers into the potential chance. It gets to the point where I have a dozen or more mutants waiting for bios to level to 62+ though. I also sometimes sell a chunk of feathers or just let them go to waste. The only time I ever felt a lack of feathers was when I was maxing Jean from scratch. Other times when they'd dump 4 mutants at once for example, I'd have their rank ups staggered or would have tickets to use instead.

Custom gear - I mass sell 1s-4s when I run into a full inventory because there's nothing I hate more in any game than running into the inventory cap, because I'm a hoarder by nature. So I mass sell all 1-4 custom gear and iso-8s. Probably shouldn't do this and instead combine them up and use them to reroll or awaken your good ones until you have all damage +200% procs and stuff. But I don't have time for that and don't find it fun.

Danger room - It started popping back up on daily challenges so I ran it the other day for the first time since Spring. I have all the mutants it rewarded and wasn't going to be competitive in the weekly rankings, so it wasn't worth my time and wasn't fun. Nowadays I see you can get Prof X and Abom, my only two missing characters, so I should start running it again but eh.

Uru - been a while but I think I combined up a few piles when I was really low on inventory space. I only have urus on like six people though because I haven't needed them to do what I want to do in the game (which is mostly just fill up my zoo with cool looking marvel characters and let them out to punch stuff every now and then).

Cards - I just combine everything up into 6* and have a dozen of the 1972#1 with the wolf and tombstone because autocombine seems to love maxing out that one.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Phoenix Feathers - I sell off when I hit the max mostly. I already worked up all my mutants to 70. Sometimes I'll trade them in the lab for Urus. But mostly I just sell them because I don't care. They have no real value since they come so easily.

Custom Gear - I'm basically combining them daily. I combine them all into 6/5* to keep my inventory clean and then once a week or so I use the 6s to reroll one of the CTPs or Immunity to Guard Break ones I have. I usually keep like 3-6 Immunity to Guard Breaks locked and in there so I can give them to new characters or characters I'm reworking but everything else is fodder for rerolls and combinations to save space and try and get a 200% damage proc or something.

Isos - I keep 5-10 of each type of Iso at 6* for a character reserve and everything else gets combined. When I have no more to combine I go into my roster, pick someone, and work up their iso set to fully unlocked.

Cards - I basically just lock the premiums, combine the rest, and feed the 6s to my Badge level.

Urus: I combine and use for characters (but mostly just the attack ones and the special ones) but they cost a fortune so I generally reserve it for when I need them or I'm loaded with gold. I had 80 million gold a week ago and then burned 40 of it in seconds working up all my urus. Basically if I have a character I want to get over the hump I stick them with 2 attacks on each gear and roll the double on them. That does a LOT to make them stronger. And I use the special ones for my big guns to make them tougher.

Danger Room - I do it when a challenge calls for it or I really feel like doing something. I rarely do all 5. Sometimes I go beyond 1. Its a massive pain in the rear end but one time I got 3 Abomination bios so I still go back to the well when I'm feeling patient enough.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Nov 1, 2020

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Phoenix Feathers - yeah, when I max out, I grab a mutant and throw some bios at her to get back below the max. Not sure what I'll do when I finish with all the mutants.

Custom Gear - I basically only combo-up ones that start with Guard Break Immunity as the unchangeable stat. I still don't fully understand the whole 'proc' thing. Apparently all those flashing symbols in the upper left corner during fights mean something and you can tell when you "hit your proc," but it's all gibberish to me.

ISOs - I sell 1-3* to get under inventory cap, but I keep them around to make it easier to satisfy Combine Isos assignments and such.

I've never gotten a premium card. I'm in the process of building up enough cards to get as many of the collections as I can. Apparently the new update allows you to farm 10 Premium Card Tokens a day with Giant Boss Raid, and if you get 600 of them, you can purchase one. We'll see what happens. I still don't have a good anti-Galactus team.

Urus - probably my weak spot and why I don't have a good anti-Galactus team. The whole 'combining up' process is so tedious I rarely do it, which means I've mostly got 3* urus on everybody, unless I really like them and put Odin's Blessings on them. Still, I'm very bad at discerning where I am with stats, whether I'm over the max and wasting things or anywhere near the max.

Danger Room - only when I have to for quest purposes. Trying to get a match going really sucks. Also getting stuck in a crazy magnet-storm or whatever where you can't move and just have to watch yourself take ten seconds to die sucks.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You should have got a few premium cards just as give aways. You should keep an eye on your cards just to make sure you're not accidently combining rare ones.

Steve Vader posted:

Urus - probably my weak spot and why I don't have a good anti-Galactus team. The whole 'combining up' process is so tedious I rarely do it, which means I've mostly got 3* urus on everybody, unless I really like them and put Odin's Blessings on them. Still, I'm very bad at discerning where I am with stats, whether I'm over the max and wasting things or anywhere near the max.
Its actually really easy now since they reworked the system. All I do is click on the 1* attacks, click the button to combine them all. Then click on the "Combine All" and take the thousands of other 1* urus I have and combine them all at once. Then I repeat the process at 2* all the way up. Its really easy, you'll just burn through gold when you do Combine All.

The real key is to just combine them all in your inventory and THEN set 5 and 6* Urus to a character. Don't bother trying to combine up a 3* you already have set. Like Isos they're not really that valuable until you get up around 4/5. So I don't care about discarding a 3* I rushed on when I knew less.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I've mostly been using phoenix feathers to get uniform upgrade kits in the SHIELD converter.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Anals of History posted:

Random questions aimed at post-lvl-100 players that I've not been able to successfully google for answers:

- I'm consistently running up against the inventory cap for phoenix feathers so I've been using them on mutants whenever they have gear or costumes to level up or on creating uniform upgrade kits just to make sure I don't lose any. Is there a better way to use these and should I care about wasting any? I've been reticent to start creating black anti-matter when I still have so many characters to take from I to II that will use those norn stones.

- Do you ever stop messing with custom gear? Like, you've got all your characters equipped with whatever you want that isn't CTP so you can go ahead and either sell whatever obelisks you pick up or dump them into your agent badge.

- Do you actually max out on danger room attempts? That seems miserable. A couple of months in and I still have no idea what's happening in this mode.

- Do you sell or combine your 1* and 2* uru and cards?

I use my phoenix feathers on getting more cards from the SHIELD converter since uniform upgrade kits are the only thing I really spend my dimension tokens on.

Custom gears I'm always upgrading fully because I've gone through so many rerolling CTP's or specific obelisks when new characters come out. I try to get a crit rate, crit damage, or elemental damage + proc + whatever other garbage. I'm okay with 140-160% procs on most characters that I only really use for shadowland. I sell 1* custom gears and sometimes sell 2* when I'm feeling comfortable with how many 6*'s I got.

I quit back when Danger Room was introduced and started playing again around the time Abomination was introduced, so I'm just doing all five of them for the chances at professor x/whatever bios. Doing normal for those is probably fine because there's no real penalty for losing beyond not getting the daily win reward. It's half the rewards of extreme though, and I've been doing extreme every day and I've only gotten a total of 12 of those danger room characters bios with the vibranium weekly reward not really helping me. I do have a poo poo ton of nightcrawler bios for any new uniform they decide to give him at least.

I sell my 1* uru all the time and sometimes combine the 2* uru when I'm getting low on a particular type. Combining all your 1* uru ends up being an annoying gold drain imo. I always combine my cards because I still need to reroll stuff.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I spent about 20 million gold rerolling my world bosses to get the last few I needed to unlock the new world boss then found out I need to finish the storyline (8-3 showdown at least). Not an issue for most people I guess, and I'm on 8-1 after needing to get that far to reopen squad battles after the latest patch, but it's worth noting in case someone spends crystals or a lot of gold to speed up unlocking him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You don't ACTUALLY need to reroll. You can play whoever you want, you just don't get the daily boss bonuses. I unlocked Knull today and rerolled a few times the last couple of days but ultimately just did them without it. The goal was Knull, not a few more resources.

I haven't tried Knull yet. Maybe I'll mess around in Training Mode before bed.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

I tried Knull once in training and wasn't even able to get him to 3/4 health. Idk if there's some trick, though.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I got him down to 25 with Sharon but then she died. Wanda was doing a little damage but died. Jean somehow died twice without me even noticing so either he can negate her reincarnation thing or he kills so fast I couldn't tell. She wasn't doing much damage anyway. Deadpool and Mystique didn't do much either. Beta Ray Bill's the only one I have left who I'd expect to do much. Maybe energy is more effective than physical?

If I figure out his attacks Sharon seems doable. But its basically fighting Master Mold or Galactus by yourself. Gonna have to see what the prizes are to decide if its worth it. If its just those CTP/card token things, I'll never use them anyway.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

You don't ACTUALLY need to reroll. You can play whoever you want, you just don't get the daily boss bonuses. I unlocked Knull today and rerolled a few times the last couple of days but ultimately just did them without it. The goal was Knull, not a few more resources.

True, true. I had a ton of gold though and need the bonuses, at least on the BAM/chaos norn bosses.

Per the patch notes, Knull rewards are:
T2 and T3 upgrade materials (looks like bio rather than x-gene mats)
All titan record types
the new CTP reforging core
and every character involved including your five strikers can gain potential points if needed.

He also has decent conquer rewards if you can get that high, and they make a point of saying you can't get his bios from him.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Knull's non-conquer rewards are pretty bad for how tough he is unfortunately. He can't drop Odin Blessings and the quantity of materials are about the same as high levels of other world bosses. Maybe with the new CTP and card system if you're eventually able to dunk on him at higher levels it'll be worth it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So I guess we're getting Dark Avengers next, as they've shown Ares and Moonstone so far. It feels like they're adding new stuff pretty quickly lately, which for games like this means its not long for this world.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

twistedmentat posted:

So I guess we're getting Dark Avengers next, as they've shown Ares and Moonstone so far. It feels like they're adding new stuff pretty quickly lately, which for games like this means its not long for this world.

They showed Moonstone? I mean, she's a given, but I've only seen Ares and Iron Patriot. I suppose we're getting Sentry, too.

Symbiotes and Dark Avengers right in a row is a lot of stuff that doesn't interest me, so I might actually save enough crystals to unlock Richard Rider and Gladiator.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Moonstone/Ms. Marvel is the 3rd Sneak Peak after Iron Patriot and Ares. So that's 2 new characters and probably 2 costumes since they'll probably do the character/costume double intro with Moonstone. And I'm guessing Norman gets the T3 unless they give it to Sentry. But I could see Sentry being the mid month add. I could go for Moonstone, and I'm guessing Sentry and Iron Patriot will be powerhouses.

Could also see a Hawkeye costume for Bullseye and Noh Var, Daken, or Mac Gorgon/Scorpion/Venom/Spider-Man. I have no major interest in any of them but it would be kinda funny if they introed Scorpio and then 2 costumes for him.

twistedmentat posted:

They've switched up to splitting the monthly updates into 2 with 2 T3s some months. So its no so much more content as them just pacing it better and accelerating the T3 schedule since them and the Awakened characters are now the thing. So we get like 3-4 of them a month. Which I think it would still take years for them to do the whole roster, especially with them adding 2-4 new characters every month.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Lazy question because I've ignored DR all year. If I'm doing normal danger room and have the heal or missile char, am I supposed to be running around grabbing the blue items? Because that seems a lot slower than it used to be, and my gauge fills up faster when I'm shield or tornado guy just dpsing and ignoring the item spawns.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

You should pretty much only be grabbing those blue things when the boss is in a phase where you can't damage them or if it's in your path. The yellow ones are sometimes worth going out of the way for since they activate a random effect.

A surfing dog?! fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Nov 25, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It varies for me. Generally I think you charge faster with the skills than the blue boxes but I don't think that's universal. Not all the blue boxes are the same value and not all character skills charge at the same speed. So I pay attention to how much my skills are charging the special skill and how much damage I'm doing. If I'm doing damage I keep on the attack. If I'm doing no damage but my skills are working fast to charge I button mash. If neither is really working I'll collect blue things. But usually its a combo of hitting my big moves and then grabbing blue things when I'm dodging attacks or the boss is unhittable or my skills have to reload.

I always grab the yellow one as long as I'm not in the middle of a major move. Sometimes you get lucky.

Your special skill gauge fills up faster for the useless skills because the useless skills take less to charge them. There's numbers on the opening screen. The good ones (missiles, health recharge, berzerk) all take longer by design.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Nov 25, 2020

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Since we’re talking DR, can anyone explain what Stop The Skill actually does?

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

AzraelNewtype posted:

Since we’re talking DR, can anyone explain what Stop The Skill actually does?

Seems to lock a random skill on the other team. So when you see the chains on your 2,3,4 and can't hit it, then someone on the other team used it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It freezes a random skill on the opponent's team. Which like, might keep them from hitting their 6 or 5 if you get lucky... but also only for like 5 seconds or something.

Its kind of lame. Like if you get real, real lucky it might factor into a close fight but mostly you'll just hit a button a couple of times and get annoyed it isn't working before you see its a slightly different color.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Scorpion and Molecule Man teased. I imagine Scorpion will get a Venom/Spidey costume to match the Dark Avengers theme (and sell more stuff). Molecule Man is odd. Kind of an obscure, weird character that I don't think was part of the Dark Avengers stuff but is crazy powerful. That also makes 4 confirmed new characters. And without the obvious Sentry or the logical Daken, Noh-Var, or Bullseye costume.

Epic Quest? Maybe Sentry and Molecule Man as the big characters? Seems like a bigger update than usual in terms of costumes and characters, but maybe that's just trying to draw that Black Friday money.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hope one of Molecule Man's gear is a burger.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

It's looking like a new Epic Quest, though it'd be weird to have Sentry or Molecule Man as a non-native t2 assuming they're saving Sentry's announcement since he was one of the most requested characters in that poll a while back and the only one in that poll that hasn't been added yet. Maybe Molecule Man will be a new boss like Knull? Or maybe they'll introduce the first native t3?

I only hope they put Daken in so I have someone else to spend Mutant materials on.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm imagining Sentry and Molecule Man as the Magneto/Jean, Nova/Gladiator, Sue/Doom, Psylocke/Stryfe combo. The only rub is who is the Beta Ray/Wolverine/Deadpool/Reed? That's holding me back from being convinced its an Epic Quest. I don't see the story unless its Sentry. But then who do is the big money sell?

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Looks like Sentry is a free native t3 that levels up through the epic quest with Moonstone being the Nova unlock type character and Molecule Man being the Gladiator/Jean. Ares is like Colossus and everyone else isn't behind any sort of paywall. Ares and Bullseye will be able to be transcended.

Molecule Man's leadership is going to be interesting and Norman's is going to buff Dark Avengers damage by good chunk.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I used the BG sale to get Mystique, told myself I’d get some costumes too but I don’t think there are any that I care for.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I grabbed Ghost Rider and am pretty satisfied with it.

I got Carnage and am meh on it but I haven't T3ed Carnage yet.

I needed a speed villain so I grabbed Yelena and then realized it turned her into a hero. So then I grabbed Spider-Gwen. That's been disappointing but hopefully when I transcend her it will pay off.

I'll have enough for one more but not sure who. Lots of options just none that jump to the head of the pack. I might just save for Nova/Moonstone and future costumes.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Carnage is okay at T2 in that he has a rotation that keeps him untargetable, its pretty slow damage but used to be all I had for combat villain pre-Apocalypse. I'm working him up to 70 but I don't think he's high on my list for T3. He is pretty visually neat but I don't read those comics so he may as well be a random alien with the new costume. I just T3d ghost rider as well and he is both cool and fairly powerful. He is getting my best squad battle scores in my current tier with ghost panther lead and the other flamehead skull guy for the team bonus.

I'll pick up the new guys as I can but I'm settling in to T3 Dr Strange and Wolverine next as I get the mats, barring surprises. I still use them a lot and Wolverine is feeling weak compared to my other chars. I need to find another combat hero I guess. Proxima is my weakest roster since I found five teams that could beat her and haven't changed up since then.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I had enough saved so I got caught up with Storm, Strange, Surfer and Star-Lord unis. Trying not to spend actual money to get Taskmaster or Odin.

Focusing on getting Surfer to T3.

I am so not interested in the Dark Avengers or Sentry. Out of all of that, I'd like to get Scorpion... but then I have to do everything in order to get Molecule Man.

It'll be a while. I still haven't sprung for Richard Rider yet.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Hope anyone interested in Sentry has 2500 ccf saved up! Also from datamining it looks like we're getting Holiday Groot and White Fox this year.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He's apparently the first Native T3 so that kinda makes sense.

Either way I remain of the mindset that "Epic Quest should be hard to grind, that's what makes it Epic."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I hope holiday Groot is just a Christmas tree