Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

empty whippet box posted:

so the place we're moving to in Utah is now saying we owe the full first month's rent, when the documents we signed say, very clearly, first month free. So I get to call them tomorrow and karen out because um, nope, you don't get to do that! Their website also says our deposit hasn't been paid, which it has! So this is great! love to have to deal with this right now!!! AWesome!!!! so cool that people can just not do their jobs and gently caress around with my money and my housing and it's fine but if I make any kind of mistake it's fee after fee after fee. Very cool!!! It's ok, just gently caress around, don't do your job. not like it's anything important, and not like it's happening during a pandemic or something like that. it's fine!

get their rear end

you have a record somewhere of paying the deposit I hope?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fats
Oct 14, 2006

What I cannot create, I do not understand
Fun Shoe

Salt Fish posted:

All I ask is that people understand that being alone for 7 consecutive months, having literally zero face to face interactions of any kind, takes a toll.

It's not a competition anyway... I'm trying everything I can to keep other people safe by doing absolutely the minimum amount of everything I can. Nobody who works in a store or restaurant has seen me there I promise you that.

Yeah, I'm wondering if it's going to have any lasting effects. I'm the only chemist at our company, meaning I don't really have a team, so I'll often go the whole week without speaking at all. It's privileged, but massively strange at the same time.

In a weird way, it's nice that my parents have been dead for a while now, cause I don't have to worry about disappointing anyone over not celebrating the holidays! Hooray

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

new yorks long for death

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

i am harry posted:

Medicaid covers $1000 a year for dental work for adults. It's possible to find dentists who charge fees on a sliding scale too, so anything medicaid doesn't cover will still be reduced cost.

I don't know what it's like for other states but this is what is available here through the MCOs for medicaid

(this is a pdf that might auto-download if you click) https://www.marylandhealthconnection.gov/assets/MCO-Comparison-Chart.pdf

most say $750 max and the one we're with doesn't even cover fillings, but I could technically change my MCO if I wanted to at any time. we just went with what covers my wife's poo poo the most.

you're right though, I hope there are some dentists that would do sliding scales.

chamale isn't in the US anyway tho so it doesn't matter in that case, lol

snoo has issued a correction as of 23:11 on Nov 1, 2020

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

so the place we're moving to in Utah is now saying we owe the full first month's rent, when the documents we signed say, very clearly, first month free. So I get to call them tomorrow and karen out because um, nope, you don't get to do that! Their website also says our deposit hasn't been paid, which it has! So this is great! love to have to deal with this right now!!! AWesome!!!! so cool that people can just not do their jobs and gently caress around with my money and my housing and it's fine but if I make any kind of mistake it's fee after fee after fee. Very cool!!! It's ok, just gently caress around, don't do your job. not like it's anything important, and not like it's happening during a pandemic or something like that. it's fine!

they are doing their jobs, which are to gently caress you over and steal your money

Wolfy posted:

Can't pay medical bills if I'm dead

but your relatives can

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Vasukhani posted:

I have spent about 3% of my life inside hiding from covid. I still do it because I cant feel safe outside. But it has definitely destroyed my mental health.

the new three percenters

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

my jaw aches from clenching and even after dental work everything is so sensitive and painful lol

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

tmj goons on me!!!

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Zyme posted:

things are looking fantastic in south dakota

50% positivity haha they only have ~900k people total, at that rate they'll all be infected in another month

Just the best self owns

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Google Butt posted:

tmj goons on me!!!

tmj gang

also if you guys have medical problems and cant afford to see a doctor/have no insurance get the 98.6 app. $20 signup fee + $1 fee for consultation and they give prescriptions

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

SKULL.GIF posted:

if COVID wrecks the SD population enough we might be able to merge SD/ND back into Dakota freeing up 2 Senators

When there are only five Dakotans left alive, four of them will be Senators.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

SKULL.GIF posted:

if COVID wrecks the SD population enough we might be able to merge SD/ND back into Dakota freeing up 2 Senators

[ The State of Jefferson liked that. ]

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

between the tooth/jaw pain, the post nasal drip and sinus pain I've had since march, and the random ear pain, I assume I have a tumor in my head or something lol

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

👀

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Dreylad posted:

i only wish i could go out (off) like this

live the dream

edging for the pyroclastic flow.

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:

Cup Runneth Over posted:

tmj gang

also if you guys have medical problems and cant afford to see a doctor/have no insurance get the 98.6 app. $20 signup fee + $1 fee for consultation and they give prescriptions

Huh, interesting

98point6 posted:

Personal Plans are available to adults ages 18+ and come at an introductory rate of $30 for the first 3 months, with access to on-demand care for just $1 per visit. When that initial period ends, you can enroll in an annual plan for only $120 per year + $1 per visit. There are no usage fees and we do not bill insurance. This low introductory rate is only available once and will be associated with your account and phone number. (Please note, only one patient is allowed per account.)

For the price of a single visit to the CVS clinic, I could sign up for a whole year of this poo poo

As an uninsured broke person, I'm intrigued

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

update: I karen'd out and got this fixed even though it's sunday. lol

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

snake and bake posted:

Huh, interesting

For the price of a single visit to the CVS clinic, I could sign up for a whole year of this poo poo

As an uninsured broke person, I'm intrigued

all i can say is it's come in handy several times for antibiotics and antidepressants and stuff like that

you still gotta pay for the drugs of course but it's a deep discount compared to trying to see a doctor or going to urgent care

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Terrifying Effigies posted:

When there are only five Dakotans left alive, four of them will be Senators.

eh, beats the ones we've got now probably

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

snoo posted:

between the tooth/jaw pain, the post nasal drip and sinus pain I've had since march, and the random ear pain, I assume I have a tumor in my head or something lol

Ur grinding ur teeth into a fine paste

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Zeriel posted:

Time flies when you're having flu

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

update: I karen'd out and got this fixed even though it's sunday. lol

it's not being a Karen if you're being asked unjustly to give up a ton of money for no reason. if someone went along with it I'd say they have no spine.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

shovelbum posted:

Ur grinding ur teeth into a fine paste

of course when I brought it up my dentist said I should get a real (expensive) night guard from them, and not some off-the-shelf thing bc it might do more damage than good :rolleyes:

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

my brother who hasn't left my mom's house + yard since March (he is immunocompromised) told me his fully online uni classes are going well and he's able to keep himself entertained by reading books and playing games with pals online :unsmith:

maybe someday it will be safe to travel back and see him and my mom again, I say to myself, and now to take a big sip of water and look at how Ontario's case counts are doing

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

snoo posted:

of course when I brought it up my dentist said I should get a real (expensive) night guard from them, and not some off-the-shelf thing bc it might do more damage than good :rolleyes:

The expensive ones are worth it and I was going to get a new one fitted bc my new dentist does them way cheaper, but pandemic

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
well I tried to jump some dude's car outside the weed shoppe but it wasn't working out.

I had to bounce but I gave them the cables in case someone else was able to help more.

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug
Remember when the roni was ripping through a Navy battleship and the only reason why we even know is because the captain went to the press?

Say I wonder why we haven't heard any news on any cases happening in any bases we might have lately?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Third straight day of zero cases in Melbourne. Boooring!

Sorry if this sounds like bragging but I honestly can't believe we have apparently wiped it out. Our lockdown wasn't as strict as NZ's and eradication wasn't ever the goal, even though it should have been.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

imagine thinking ordering something to go and tipping 20% isn't supporting a restaurant

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Luckyellow posted:

Remember when the roni was ripping through a Navy battleship and the only reason why we even know is because the captain went to the press?

Say I wonder why we haven't heard any news on any cases happening in any bases we might have lately?

Hasn't Stars and Stripes also been defunded?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Third straight day of zero cases in Melbourne. Boooring!

Sorry if this sounds like bragging but I honestly can't believe we have apparently wiped it out. Our lockdown wasn't as strict as NZ's and eradication wasn't ever the goal, even though it should have been.

enjoy life now, because things can change real quick

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Luckyellow posted:

lmao gently caress those dudes are all screwed

good tbh

Frumply
Dec 7, 2004

snoo posted:

start using a waterpik (much better than floss) and brush with sensodyne and you'll be almost pain free in a few months.

what most people don't know is that flossing can only get about 2mm under the gumline but plaque can build up as far as 4mm so some people can still get degeneration of the jaw bone even if they floss twice a day and a waterpik will solve that.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

The local restaurant was a chain wasn't it

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Honestly thinking about ordering some dental tools, sterilizing them in boiling water, re-reading "where there is no dentist", and going to town underneath my gumline trying to scrape off any tartar deposits since I haven't been able to get a checkup in so long

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Happy Thread posted:

Honestly thinking about ordering some dental tools, sterilizing them in boiling water, re-reading "where there is no dentist", and going to town underneath my gumline trying to scrape off any tartar deposits since I haven't been able to get a checkup in so long

lol I used an eyeglass screwdriver to do this not too long ago

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Frumply posted:

start using a waterpik (much better than floss) and brush with sensodyne and you'll be almost pain free in a few months.

what most people don't know is that flossing can only get about 2mm under the gumline but plaque can build up as far as 4mm so some people can still get degeneration of the jaw bone even if they floss twice a day and a waterpik will solve that.

I just got a waterpik (one of the smaller rechargeable ones though) bc I had some target rewards or whatever but I haven't really gotten the hang of it yet. I'll keep at it.

after I got my fillings last week I wasn't able to get floss between the two molars at all and something got stuck and I couldn't get it out and it HURT, but the waterpik seemed to loosen something up enough that I've been able to floss there again which has helped a little

but the fillings they did just ache :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug

Frumply posted:

How tf do you even use a waterpik anyway? I bought one but it just splash water everywhere. Am I supposed to close my mouth tight? But then how am I supposed to see where to aim it, is it all done by feel alone?

I'm just too dumb to figure out what I'm doing wrong with that.