Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TASER BALLS
This poll is closed.
TASER BALLS 420 85.89%
TASER BALLS 69 14.11%
Total: 489 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Tyvbp!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Ouhei posted:

Is your assumption that all of the polling in those states is just wrong, but PA is correct? I'm not saying it can't happen, but it's weird to assume the scenario where Trump gets every toss up state + states he's slightly behind in, but not PA.

So what happens is they push people off the voting rolls (done), reducing the polling station in blue areas (done), tamper with the post office (done), hope for foreign help (already happening), declare victory early on election night and then wait for the courts to say that's valid (BEER! already has moved on this as have a few states). It's workable, and it remains to be seen if chuds with guns at the polling places scares people off, or kicks off violence resulting in mass arrests and all sorts of other jackassery.

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

In the event of a disputed election, the presidency is up for grabs. Both trumb and biden are good at grabbing things, so it really is an exciting time.

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009

Lawman 0 posted:

ok so like Murphy the billionaire New Jersey governor is much more liberal than the state senate president former union iron worker Sweeney and basically ran on like three things.
1: Pass a millionaire tax
2: Legalize weed
3: fix the trains yo
So Murphy has big ceo brain and isn't very good at cajoling people so he basically got on Sweeney's turf or whatever and made him extremely mad. So basically they spent the entire legalizing weed debate as proxy fight between all the bullshit they were fighting about (mostly taxes) and after the effort failed spectacularly they said "gently caress it" and decided to outsource the decision to voters

Lawman 0 posted:

Jay-V I want to emphasize to you that New Jersey politics is insanely loving dysfunctional and a big mess

drat thats insane, please don't gently caress it up NJ!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Actually, our vote does not matter

https://twitter.com/WTAE/status/1323277208664854529?s=20

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
I think some people just want to keep saying Trump will win so in the event he does they aren't endlessly mocked in jpg form for being wrong.

I am personally rooting for giant meteor

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

neutral milf hotel posted:

lurkers need to post

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

C-Euro posted:

Really curious to see what their 400+ EV blowouts looks like. Every current "swing state" plus TX going to Biden still gives him a < 300 EV margin I think.

I think those scenarios have Ohio going blue, too. For example, a plausible (that is, very unlikely but not "reality has warped"-level impossible) Biden blowout with 400+ EVs could look like this:

Again this is extremely unlikely but it's probably what the 538 model is seeing for those out-there 400+ EV blowouts

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Jay-V posted:

drat thats insane, please don't gently caress it up NJ!

It's polling something like 66-33

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

that is not graffiti it is political speech

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

this is one of those "someone please date conservatives" things?

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

eww

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Harrow posted:

I think those scenarios have Ohio going blue, too. For example, a plausible (that is, very unlikely but not "reality has warped"-level impossible) Biden blowout with 400+ EVs could look like this:

the funniest possible outcome is that too much overcompensation towards trump is happening based on 2016 and it's actually not even close

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Ouhei posted:

So your assumption is that no pollster has actually fixed their models from 2016 and we'll get polling errors of the same scale again and in the same direction. I mean if that's what helps you cope or feel sane, go for it.

*taps head*

Polls don't matter when you're literally stealing the vote

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Harrow posted:

Again this is unbelievably unlikely but it's probably what the 538 model is seeing for those out-there 400+ EV blowouts

Yeah this is pretty much the dem dream scenario

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Lawman 0 posted:

future president you mean :swoon:

i want him to take toomeys seat and then pick up an actual chair (seat) and hit toomey w it

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

*taps head*

Polls don't matter when you're literally stealing the vote

im not sure why people keep trusting that votes will even be loving counted lol

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Squizzle posted:

i want him to take toomeys seat and then pick up an actual chair (seat) and hit toomey w it

:same:

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

LegoMan posted:

I think some people just want to keep saying Trump will win so in the event he does they aren't endlessly mocked in jpg form for being wrong.

nah I just want really want libs not to go back to brunch

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

speng31b posted:

the funniest possible outcome is that too much overcompensation towards trump is happening based on 2016 and it's actually not even close

I’d like to hear what the internal polls are rn

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

MysteriousStranger posted:

this is one of those "someone please date conservatives" things?

no this is purely platonic Nazi collaboration

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

euphronius posted:

that is not graffiti it is political speech

it can be both

Apr 7, 2003

LegoMan posted:

Donald J. Trump will be your president on January 21st.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

there's like 800 putos reading CSPAM right now but only 10 peeps posting itt

lurkers need to post

:getin:

never post

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

the post hoc analysis of what foreign states were astroturfing this time around is going to be interesting

i want to see something like israeli's mossad was involved in some of it

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Pook Good Mook posted:

Bolded is a cancer.

Like, you don't have to like or respect Nate Silver or whatever aggregators. But if the polls are wrong in the way they need to be for Trump to win, it would be a seismic shift in the American electorate.

Look, Biden is running basically the same playbook from Clinton except he's substantially more likeable (by 20 points). Clinton lost by 78,000 votes across 3 states. Trump hasn't added a single soul to his coalition and everything shows him losing support precipitously among every group except white, non-college educated, males. In your heart of hearts, do you really really think that Biden hasn't peeled off 78,000 more people or convinced that many to vote for him instead of third parties (which are nonentities this year).

I know 2016 broke everyone's brains, but try to use them. Trump hasn't had a good, non-partisan poll out of AZ, NC, MI, MN, WI, PA, or even loving FL in MONTHS. The "feeling" that Trump is going to win is a symptom of getting gut-punched in 2016. It's like getting dumped and deciding to never date again. Not only that, but the entire year has been the worst loving experience anyone can imagine and the vast majority blames the President.

The only question mark remaining are the courts, who aren't going to steal the election unless it's tighter than a tick's rear end and that requires the same polling miss detailed above.

If I'm wrong, buy me an av, rub it in my face, whatever. You don't even need to feel the emotion "hope," just try and not despair in the face of overwhelming evidence that it's not warranted.

This is a Good Post.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I do enjoy that the next 48 hours or so are going to be most Americans collectively hoping their worst beliefs and impulses can be disproven but knowing deep, deep down that not only is this country exactly what we all think it is - it is, in fact, much worse

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

It's really funny to me that blue Texas is now actually more likely than blue Ohio, but I guess that's where we are

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
What makes internal polls better than ones we get?

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
I think what really needs to be stressed is the average American is very very stupid and their vote counts as much as yours (more if it's in certain states)

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

to me the writing was on the wall re: terpwm when about two weeks ago all the actually powerful chuds (supreme court, bill barr, etc) started pretending they're moderates

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

one good thing about the USA is in this context federalism and the total amount of layers between trummo and the normal men and women in the counties who count the votes

as noted a scotus decision hijacks this

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
i hope ohio goes blue

by which i mean underwater

Apr 7, 2003

Go to Wikipedia and look at Mt. Lebanon's demographics

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

there's like 800 putos reading CSPAM right now but only 10 peeps posting itt

lurkers need to post

:getin:

lurkers: your posts will probably be bad. i will give you a sixer and everyone will make fun of you. never post

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Business Gorillas posted:

to me the writing was on the wall re: terpwm when about two weeks ago all the actually powerful chuds (supreme court, bill barr, etc) started pretending they're moderates

ya

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

would also accept: hypothermic; hypoxic

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

If you're still undecided, Trump has a toadstool cock and Biden has a chode. Hope that helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

Harrow posted:

It's really funny to me that blue Texas is now actually more likely than blue Ohio, but I guess that's where we are

Ohio is incredibly depressing and even the populated areas feel neglected.