Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

this man has cracked his skull open twice lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

ItohRespectArmy posted:

white people also think that international travel laws shouldn't apply to them.

see: brexit

Be fair, white people from Western Europe definitely think they apply to white people from Eastern Europe.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Lamuella posted:

Be fair, white people from Western Europe definitely think they apply to white people from Eastern Europe.

:hmmyes:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I for one am shocked the guy who cracked his skull twice and won an election on the platform of "Look at my cool mask" is a Trump fan. No idea what a pro-wrestler sees in common

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

I for one am shocked the guy who cracked his skull twice and won an election on the platform of "Look at my cool mask" is a Trump fan. No idea what a pro-wrestler sees in common

He also spent a lot of taxpayer money hunting UFOs

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Did he serve more than one term?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

Is there anything other than him posting one funny picture that shows hes a Trump guy?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

He served one term, resigned to run for Governor of Iwate and lost.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Gonzo McFee posted:

Is there anything other than him posting one funny picture that shows hes a Trump guy?

his TL has him retweeting a bunch of trump stuff if you scroll down.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Yes

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Oh no.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

He did also retweet Bon Jovi endorsing Biden so we just need Bon Jovi to tell him what to do

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Oh man, I feel for Kylie. Just hope for the best moving forward.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

ICR posted:

:smith: I hope she's okay.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Ah poo poo :(

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

ICR posted:

Oh no, that's terrible. Hope things turn out okay for her.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Aw, gently caress :(

I hope she's okay in the long term. This sucks. It seemed like things were going really well the last couple of months but that's never truly a sure sign that things are good behind the scenes, so to speak.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I hope whatever is going on with her is something she can recover from, even if she still never sets foot in a ring again.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

JOHN CENA posted:

this lets frame lance storm as a nazi stuff feels incredibly performative

no it's totally genuine bro

just like when people on this board tried to frame Blitzkrieg and Jim Sterling as Nazis

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Jim Sterling? The husky nerd?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

hunnert car pileup posted:

just like when people on this board tried to frame Blitzkrieg and Jim Sterling as Nazis

Did anyone ever call Sterling a Nazi? I just remember people bringing up a lot of really disgusting poo poo he used to say in public about women.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

nobody tried to frame blitzkrieg as a nazi someone just commented that they wern't sure about him on account of his name being blitzkrieg and being covered in lightning bolts.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

dont know

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Jim Sterling? The husky nerd?

Sterrrrrrrdussssst

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I was the person who brought up the Blitzkrieg stuff. It happened very organically. I brought him up in a positive nostalgic way. I then said "uh, that's weird imagery." The whole thing was maybe like a dozen posts? I pretty much immediately said "he probably wasn't a nazi, just maybe some edgelord kid." Someone said he probably was a metal fan. I said "yeah, that makes sense and goes a long way to explain the accidental fascist imagery thing."

That's like how conversations happen? No one got "cancelled". I saw something I was mildly concerned about and after some brief conversation some people helped me get to a place where it made more sense. I was appreciative of that. I'm sorry that you were offended because I was "being performative" or "framing" him as a nazi.

If someone shows a picture of his copy of Mein Kampf and its weird enough that even he felt the need to address it, maybe its gonna spark some conversation? I didn't see anything uncivil or ridiculous. Most people seem to agree with some form of "pseudo intellectual/not as smart as he thinks he is". I don't think that many posters actually said "Lance Storm is a nazi" and I'm guessing some of them were being glib.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

lance storm's real crime against humanity are his terrible chair shots

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Discourse

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

I don't think Lance Storm is a nazi. I do think it's very weird that he left the book on the shelf when he took a picture, then decided he should comment on it but didn't bother to just take the book off the shelf and throw it under his bed or in a dumpster. Does he plan on referencing it in the future? Why does he still have the nazi book? He's set up a mystery and I need to know the answer.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, the fact that he knew it was noteworthy enough to comment on it is probably enough evidence (along with his past) that he knows "nazis=bad". But he's still a weirdo for not following that thought out to its full conclusion. He could have like wrote 10 more words to just explain where it came from because he knew that's what we'd all wonder when we saw it.

People are dumb.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

ICR posted:

I wish her the very best. I know she's struggled with mental health but never expected it to reach a point where she'd have to give up doing what she loved :smith:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Queer Salutations posted:

I don't think Lance Storm is a nazi. I do think it's very weird that he left the book on the shelf when he took a picture, then decided he should comment on it but didn't bother to just take the book off the shelf and throw it under his bed or in a dumpster. Does he plan on referencing it in the future? Why does he still have the nazi book? He's set up a mystery and I need to know the answer.

It would be a lot weirder to hide the fact you have a very widely read book, that would probably indicate there is something to hide rather than just posting a picture of your bookshelf with that book and saying you don't agree with it or the other book about Nazis you've read.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

oh but seriously I posted:

lance storm's real crime against humanity are his terrible chair shots

He once explained his terrible chair shots as "I wasn't comfortable hitting someone in the head with a steel chair. It's not safe." It's a shame no one else in the industry had that viewpoint, and instead went "I'm going to hit them as hard as I can!"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The level of paranoia we seem to have about the tiniest slice of people's lives is getting really weird.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

MassRafTer posted:

It would be a lot weirder to hide the fact you have a very widely read book, that would probably indicate there is something to hide rather than just posting a picture of your bookshelf with that book and saying you don't agree with it or the other book about Nazis you've read.

Or he could have said all that and also explained why he still has the book. Does he want to re-read the nazi book? Does the nazi book help him wrestle?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Davros1 posted:

He once explained his terrible chair shots as "I wasn't comfortable hitting someone in the head with a steel chair. It's not safe." It's a shame no one else in the industry had that viewpoint, and instead went "I'm going to hit them as hard as I can!"

you are morally correct but then also just don't do a chair shot if you can't make it look good

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Queer Salutations posted:

Or he could have said all that and also explained why he still has the book. Does he want to re-read the nazi book? Does the nazi book help him wrestle?

Most people don't throw books out after they read them they just put them on a shelf and mostly forget about them.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Do you throw away books after you read them?

E: beaten

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

The level of paranoia we seem to have about the tiniest slice of people's lives is getting really weird.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

ICR posted:

Very sad to hear that, but I do hope she gets the help she needs and is able to move forward and be happy in her life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

MassRafTer posted:

Most people don't throw books out after they read them they just put them on a shelf and mostly forget about them.

Yes but there are most books and there's that book.

Again, Lance knew it was weird enough to mention. That's both a good indication he's not a nazi and also weird that he didn't finish the natural thought. Not "he's a nazi" "weird". Just weird.