Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

At least Halloween is outdoors.

Thanksgiving and Christmas will be the real super spreading events on every block in every town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Halloween is probably the "best" big holiday in terms of not spreading COVID. It's easy to add masks to costumes, it's mostly outside, there's no extended closeness with people.

Thanksgiving is going to kill a lot of people

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I put a card table out with a grid of painters tape separating the candy (there was a doc emailed from the city with recommendations that included spacing the candy apart.) I wore a mask and latex gloves as I set it all up. A large group of kids and moms came by early as I was setting up. They all thanked me for doing it, but the kids were wearing normal costumes, some without masks, and the moms weren’t wearing masks, and they were all walking together in a giant clump.

It was kind of weird, thanking me for my precautions, but taking none amongst themselves. Personally, I don’t get it.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Trump bringing Blagojevich to one of his rallies is just the most hilarious thing.

How do trumpers live with this degree of cognitive dissonance?

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

dwarf74 posted:

Trump bringing Blagojevich to one of his rallies is just the most hilarious thing.

How do trumpers live with this degree of cognitive dissonance?

It is a cult. It is never meant to be consistent in beliefs or ideology. It is just meant to form an identity to “stick it to the libs”. They will gladly allow Blago (not welcoming though) to their side because he now badmouths Democrats.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
I've met lots of people who think Blagojevich was set up by Madigan and Dick Mell.

People who believe in QAnon could easily believe that Blago was a victim of the evil Kenyan Muslim Obama's plot to destroy Chicago for white people.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Imagine hating your son-in-law so much you form a conspiracy to get him sent to jail.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Yeah, it makes no sense but they believe it.

One of the stories is that Mell caught Rod cheating on Patti and set him up as revenge. That would be stone cold if it was true.

Lib_Crusher
Dec 6, 2018
FWIW Dick Mell and Blagojevich had a very bitter, public falling out when Blago ordered the closure of a very dirty (politically and otherwise) landfill owned by one of Mell's very shady business partners. The landfill owner ended up in prison too for an unrelated reason iirc

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Lib_Crusher posted:

FWIW Dick Mell and Blagojevich had a very bitter, public falling out when Blago ordered the closure of a very dirty (politically and otherwise) landfill owned by one of Mell's very shady business partners. The landfill owner ended up in prison too for an unrelated reason iirc

That landfill made the Eisenhower smell like rear end im so glad its closed.

Jows
May 8, 2002

Source4Leko posted:

That landfill made the Eisenhower smell like rear end im so glad its closed.

Was that the one out by Hillside?

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I miss the Hillside Strangler

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

KDdidit posted:

I miss the Hillside Strangler

Gave you some real time to think about everything you've done wrong with your life.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Bird in a Blender posted:

Imagine hating your son-in-law so much you form a conspiracy to get him sent to jail.

Although when that son-in-law is Blago, honestly... I get it.

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Jows posted:

Was that the one out by Hillside?

Yes. It was loving brutal when you were stuck in traffic which was all the time there.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Region 6 goes into mitigation tomorrow. Our numbers have sucked so much over the last few weeks. All that are being outright affected are restaurants and bars which are not allowed to have indoor eating.

However, my Facebook feed is filled with restaurants saying that they are keeping their dining rooms open and all are invited (but they are still doing takeout if you do not feel comfortable).

Nothing will be done to them. They will be able to do this and not have any consequences.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
I’m not sure why region 2 isn’t in mitigation yet. We passed the 8% red line.

I feel left out.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

DalaranJ posted:

I’m not sure why region 2 isn’t in mitigation yet. We passed the 8% red line.

I feel left out.

I thought I just saw an announcement you were starting Weds.

Yeah:

quote:

Restrictions, including a ban on indoor dining, are now in place in Kane, DuPage, Kankakee, Will, Lake and McHenry counties, suburban Cook County and Chicago.

Restrictions will go into place for Illinois Region 3 around Springfield starting on Sunday. East Central Illinois, Region 6, will have mitigations go into effect Monday, followed by Region 2 Wednesday.

All of the state's 11 regions will be under tighter restrictions as of Wednesday.

Oracle fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Nov 2, 2020

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yeah my guess is just like with the primary after the election we're going to go into a stricter lockdown everywhere

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Dexo posted:

Yeah my guess is just like with the primary after the election we're going to go into a stricter lockdown everywhere

God I hope so, though he'll have to call out the goddamn national guard to enforce it because the local police in some areas are just refusing to, being as inundated with chuds as they are. So many restaurants this time around refusing to close and people screeching they should stay open and they'd support them all over my FB feed, its ridiculous.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

This is my state rep on Facebook tonight encouraging places to ignore the order and stay open. He also explicitly mentions how law enforcement and state’s attorneys are not going to enforce the order.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
This was posted over in the Polls thread - encouraging to see Underwood listed as "Likely D," Bustos as "Lean D," and Davis as "R Toss-up."
https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1323262040555900932

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Sarcastro posted:

This was posted over in the Polls thread - encouraging to see Underwood listed as "Likely D," Bustos as "Lean D," and Davis as "R Toss-up."
https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1323262040555900932

Underwood is my rep. I think she'll be back in. The district has been trending blue for a long while tbh.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's going to be interesting how the congressional districts shakeout next year. We're projected to lose a seat aren't we?

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I believe so.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
like most recreational drugs, cognitive dissonance feels good while making existing problems worse.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Polling showed Biden at 56% in Illinois.

Which, duh, but also leaves me worried about the progressive tax. I'd like that to be at 60%

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I'm really curious what it's polling at. Most recent one I could find with a cursory search was back in February.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

Source4Leko posted:

Underwood is my rep. I think she'll be back in. The district has been trending blue for a long while tbh.

I'm glad for it! (Next door in the 6th here) I have to imagine/hope that Oberweis fatigue plays a role as well. When the gently caress can we finally, finally be rid of that rear end in a top hat?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

There's no way the tax passes, Americans are too reactionary when it comes to paying money to make society better.

(and the american government is too stupid to spend the taxes properly but that's a completely separate problem)

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Sarcastro posted:

I'm glad for it! (Next door in the 6th here) I have to imagine/hope that Oberweis fatigue plays a role as well. When the gently caress can we finally, finally be rid of that rear end in a top hat?

Oberweis has kinda turned into a joke with how many times he's lost races. Isn't he a stare rep or something now? He's getting onto the age he should be moving to Florida for a nice safe GOP seat to represent all the other retirees that have moved too. He lives in my parents neighborhood and when I was having a beer with them in their driveway a few months back he was on a run and looked at us and waved and we ignored him and went back to talking lol.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

Source4Leko posted:

Oberweis has kinda turned into a joke with how many times he's lost races. Isn't he a stare rep or something now? He's getting onto the age he should be moving to Florida for a nice safe GOP seat to represent all the other retirees that have moved too.

Yeah, he is (or state sen., I forget and don't want to spend even one moment on him finding out).

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

Friend is worried Casten might lose in IL-6 based on the lackluster tax amendment support. Thoughts?

Jows
May 8, 2002

Source4Leko posted:

Yes. It was loving brutal when you were stuck in traffic which was all the time there.

I had my state licensing exams at the quality inn or whatever that was right by it. The smell made those 8 hour tests oh so much fun.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Lib_Crusher posted:

Yeah the scuttlebutt down in Springfield at the time was that Blago had knocked up his secretary and Mell wanted to get back at Blago but couldn't say anything public about the affair. The nonstop stories about the landfill were really weird until you realized all the reporters on it 'knew' about the affair

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

DTaeKim posted:

Friend is worried Casten might lose in IL-6 based on the lackluster tax amendment support. Thoughts?

I'm not going to stake out many certain positions this time for obvious reasons and remaining 2016 PTSD, but this would be such a shocking result that literally no pundits anywhere have predicted it.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Wait, isn't he the one that Jeannie Ives is running against? Yeah he's fine lol

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Just voted. “Should Marion county look into seceding from Illinois along with other counties”. The issues that matter folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Cattail Prophet posted:

Wait, isn't he the one that Jeannie Ives is running against? Yeah he's fine lol

I'm pretty sure about this since he beat Roskam and Roskam trashed Ives, but gosh I haven't seen a single poll and while that generally means "why bother", I'm still sweating.