Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’ve only ever seen roadblock. And I did want that version but I always put it off. Now he’s gone too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Tbh I’ve kinda given up trying to find stuff in the wild, especially this year when you really should just be getting what you need and getting the gently caress out. There’s always sites like Dorkside, Pulse, and BBTS, with amazon as a last resort. The only difference is patience and shipping.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Speaking of, out of morbid curiosity I checked out MOTU Origins Scare Glow on eBay... Yeah, gently caress scalpers. There's people with six + on there.

I just want ONE. He's pretty much the grail if my GITD collection.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Crazy thing is he'll be available at every retailer under the sun come the first of the year.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah, Mattel is gonna saturate the line come jan 1.

Fuckin Kroger is gonna carry them.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Anyone looking for a supplemental figure for their Yamaguchi My Hero dudes, AmiAmi has Figma Bakugo for $35 right now.

Given the shipping cost I’m debating what else to get with him. They have Figuarts Taskmaster for $39, but I don’t know if I care enough about that version to go for it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Has anyone else had any dealings with Eternia Dreams? I'm really starting to sour on how they behave in this industry. I've now heard stories from 4 different shops in Indiana about how they behaved when they made their trip through last month and not one shred of it is good.

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!
I'm one step closer to completing my vintage MOTU line.

I managed to pick up Saurod with his gun and a working spark for £45.

That leaves just four figures left to get:

- Scare Glow
- Blast-Attak
- King Randor
- Sorceress

I've been without them for 35 odd years, so it's obviously not a desperate need. Plus, the price they fetch isn't something I'm prepared to pay. If I stumble across them at a reasonable enough price I'll bite.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's awesome, im also getting close but Twistoid is so stupidly overpriced that I don't know if I can justify buying one.

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!

Rhyno posted:

That's awesome, im also getting close but Twistoid is so stupidly overpriced that I don't know if I can justify buying one.

If I didn't have all my figures complete from when I was a kid there's no way I'd start a new collection today due to price. I'm grateful to my younger self that I didn't part with anything.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pitwar posted:

If I didn't have all my figures complete from when I was a kid there's no way I'd start a new collection today due to price. I'm grateful to my younger self that I didn't part with anything.

Well like I've said I was dumb as gently caress in the year 2000.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Lol gently caress I could’ve waited two days, but it’s amiami so I really don’t want to cancel. Oh well:

https://twitter.com/kaiyodo_PR/status/1323188325344137219

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Sanschel posted:

Lol gently caress I could’ve waited two days, but it’s amiami so I really don’t want to cancel. Oh well:

https://twitter.com/kaiyodo_PR/status/1323188325344137219

This is really cool, but man, he has the worst costume design of everyone in the series IMO (a close race with masked Deku).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I mean, there's 16 year old Momo's costume.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
They need to do a Vigilantes anime, I want an Amazing Yamaguchi The Crawler

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Aphrodite posted:

I mean, there's 16 year old Momo's costume.

no you see she needs exposed skin to pull out what she creates

And yeah, no, it's bad.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You know it's bad when the stage play censored it.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Am I wrong in thinking that Black Series waves aren't as organized as Marvel Legends's waves?

I like that ML has clearly themed waves (Avengers, X-Men, Spider-Man) and "rules" of some sorts (like how every MCU wave has around 2-3 comic characters); even Lightning Collection has some order (always a red ranger, always an MMPR figure), but besides having releases related to the movies, has there been any order regarding older films?.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
As far as I can remember, nope. They released some movie waves, but every once in a while we'll get a movie/gamerverse figure, or they'll release an exclusive set like the Deadpool/NTW or the Logan/Prof X. No overall real wave to wave follow through, unless you count hydra bob after Deadpool a few years back.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
VOTE

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
fixed it

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Someone make a version with Goku shrugging and giving it.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Thank you

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Pre-order got delayed, so I canceled it and went hunting instead. But, success. :keke:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My Trap Jaw shipped and my Grayskull is ready for pickup at Target.

So at least I got that going for me.

radlum
May 13, 2013
What do you use to make your figures stand on shelves? Some of them keep going down while others are more stable, but mostly I use books as support, but can't do that for all my shelves.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Blue tack is nice.

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!

Rhyno posted:

My Trap Jaw shipped and my Grayskull is ready for pickup at Target.

So at least I got that going for me.

I can't stress how much I'm looking forward to seeing all your MOTU stuff out and displayed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Soon.

I hope. I have so much to do.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

radlum posted:

What do you use to make your figures stand on shelves? Some of them keep going down while others are more stable, but mostly I use books as support, but can't do that for all my shelves.

My figs are on top of my comic book cabinet, so every time I pull out or put back a box, everything fell over.

I've been slowly buying these off of Amazon for all the figs. Keeps them all up, organized, and I can put them in more dynamic poses

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YWYTS72/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I rarely post hauls, but today was cray:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'd love to see some photos of the Monsterarts Rathalos!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sal and Max! Badass!

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Yooo that Sam and Max was released? I pre-ordered that ages ago and haven’t heard anything about it, time to investigate

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I just got the Figma Starship Troopers Warrior Bug, it's pretty neat but I'm not sure it's $120 neat. It's decently big, the legs are articulated well, but the jaws kinda aren't (and the upper jaw on mine feels kinda loose), and no articulation where the upper body connects to the legs (I don't know bug anatomy) so you can't rotate the body left and right or angle it at all. Also, the little troopers that it comes with are bare green plastic and look like poo poo, as opposed to the fully painted ones that were hinted at in the promo photos.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The product page on Goodsmile always said they wouldn’t be painted.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Xenomrph posted:

I just got the Figma Starship Troopers Warrior Bug, it's pretty neat but I'm not sure it's $120 neat. It's decently big, the legs are articulated well, but the jaws kinda aren't (and the upper jaw on mine feels kinda loose), and no articulation where the upper body connects to the legs (I don't know bug anatomy) so you can't rotate the body left and right or angle it at all. Also, the little troopers that it comes with are bare green plastic and look like poo poo, as opposed to the fully painted ones that were hinted at in the promo photos.

Man I really want this but I think I’ll just wait for a sale.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Sanschel posted:

Yooo that Sam and Max was released? I pre-ordered that ages ago and haven’t heard anything about it, time to investigate

Same, I preordered those on BBTS well over a year ago, I was starting to think they would never happen!

I have a fairly deep emotional attachment to Sam and Max... My brother and I went halfsies on a collected TPB of the comics back in the 90s that we special ordered from a bookstore, and we passed it back and forth for years until it got totally dog-eared. A couple years ago my brother was at some event and met Steve Purcell and had him sign a lovely Sam and Max print for me :unsmith:

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Xenomrph posted:

As an expert on arachnid biology, they should be able to rotate the low leg section. Im glad I passed on this one now...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Same, I preordered those on BBTS well over a year ago, I was starting to think they would never happen!

I have a fairly deep emotional attachment to Sam and Max... My brother and I went halfsies on a collected TPB of the comics back in the 90s that we special ordered from a bookstore, and we passed it back and forth for years until it got totally dog-eared. A couple years ago my brother was at some event and met Steve Purcell and had him sign a lovely Sam and Max print for me :unsmith:

I ordered directly from Boss Fight, I have no idea when BBTS will be shipping them, but there usually a little slow, so maybe next month?

The packaging is great because they're numbered and if you put them in numerical order, one in front of the other, the sides of the boxes make the cover image of that exact TPB. It's so great.

For me, I was a huge LEC nerd and would get copies of their The Adventurer magazine in several games and in the mail, and they always featured Sam and Max comics (it's actually where they kinda hit it big and became a thing). To this day they're my favorite comic book characters.

This is a pretty cool recentish interview with him:

https://www.arcadeattack.co.uk/steve-purcell-sam-and-max/

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Nov 5, 2020