Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

abraham linksys posted:

the ny to paris car race is the greatest podcast episode of all time, I think I've listened to it like 15 times

Might'n I the gristle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Despite the messsed up audio (in a Dave Anthony podcast??) the Dole Plane Race is really good too. Although there is a lot of "They took off and were never seen again."

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

A really funny episode that got me hooked on the show which I never really hear anyone talk about is the Bayou of Pigs episode. Also, Jet Pack Madness

And re: Dave’s audio, it’s even worse in West Wing Thing. That’s the only podcast I’ve ever dropped solely for the audio being so terribly produced

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
the butter crime is also underrated, that's a good'n

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Proteus Jones posted:

That's up there with the Marm Mandelbaum episode.

Still gotta go with Macquarie Island just because of how defeated Wil Anderson sounds as it goes on.

Macquarie Island disturbed me because I legit started belly laughing at how horrendously bleak and over the top the situation became. It's literally the "lizard-snake-gorilla" gag from the Simpsons only multiplied by 10 and real.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Oct 29, 2020

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
How are the Abbie Hoffman episodes? I've been afraid to listen.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I checked out in part 1. I was just too angry and sad.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

How are the Abbie Hoffman episodes? I've been afraid to listen.

theyre very funny

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The second part is bonkers (which is the Chicago 7 trial).

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Didn't they already do an episode about Lucy Parsons? Maybe I'm thinking of another podcast, or read a long form thing about her a while ago

Cool couple, though

E: No, it turns out it was an episode of Left Coast, which was a show where the lady who made Nyan Cat and a writer from Sponge Bob had episodes where someone literate about a particular leftist thing or person teaches them every week. The Spongebob guy posted a group photo with the Chapo Boys giving a thumbs up selfie against Bill Cosby's star on the "walk of fame" and he got kicked off the Hollywood DSA organisational committee and scrubbed all the episodes off the internet

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Nov 3, 2020

kater
Nov 16, 2010

the charles darwin being a surprise impossible moron ep is really messing with me.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Dave's tweets are now protected

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yeah he does that from time to time

He’ll probably drop it again in a few days

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Peccadillo posted:

Didn't they already do an episode about Lucy Parsons? Maybe I'm thinking of another podcast, or read a long form thing about her a while ago

Cool couple, though

E: No, it turns out it was an episode of Left Coast, which was a show where the lady who made Nyan Cat and a writer from Sponge Bob had episodes where someone literate about a particular leftist thing or person teaches them every week. The Spongebob guy posted a group photo with the Chapo Boys giving a thumbs up selfie against Bill Cosby's star on the "walk of fame" and he got kicked off the Hollywood DSA organisational committee and scrubbed all the episodes off the internet

I listened to at least one ep of left coast, that seems like a shame. I liked it some at the time. Was it worth listening to?

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah he does that from time to time

He’ll probably drop it again in a few days

He's very angry at liberals right now.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

Right now?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

i mean. i dislike the West wing lib types as much as the next lefty leaning goon but let people celebrate. i know i have been. because these last four years have been loving awful and while trump is only a symptom, he has been one that has been causing tons and tons of pain. Glad trumps out and Biden for all his flaws will probably do some good stuff and progressives can work with him to push even more and genuinely better poo poo. i love the dollop but dave should chill the gently caress out because online slap fights won't help. organizing and activism and lobying and such will.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yeah, Dave is really high strung about this poo poo, and is selfdestructive in the worst way, as all well meaning ultra leftists seem to get when they really get frustrated about inability to effect meaningful change.

Speaking of, has Plan-it Change 20 actually done anything or has it just been Dave's way to complain that the world is gonna burn but not to give us any meaningful direction as his "followers"?

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
In fairness to Dave, if you're a leftist you're probably online enough to be unable to ignore all the really lovely takes from centrist Dems who immediately went knives out for the left. Still probably a good idea to ease off unless you're actively involved in that discourse at a level that matters.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

rotinaj posted:

Speaking of, has Plan-it Change 20 actually done anything or has it just been Dave's way to complain that the world is gonna burn but not to give us any meaningful direction as his "followers"?

He talked about it a few episodes ago. Basically people promised him to do stuff and then never followed through and it just burned him out. He said if people want to continue that's fine

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

. Glad trumps out and Biden for all his flaws will probably do some good stuff and progressives can work with him to push even more and genuinely better poo poo.

Lol no, Biden's been pretty clear that he wants to crush the left and make friends with Republicans.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

MonsieurChoc posted:

Lol no, Biden's been pretty clear that he wants to crush the left and make friends with Republicans.

He's been given a mandate by the American people...

... To compromise.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

SalTheBard posted:

He talked about it a few episodes ago. Basically people promised him to do stuff and then never followed through and it just burned him out. He said if people want to continue that's fine

So, all nonspecific environmental activism since 1990 or so, got it

:smith:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I’m as concerned about a more competent fascist taking power in the US as anyone, but Dave gets very manic about this and I have to imagine that’s exhausting

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

gently caress, Aaron Sorkin was actually right about the ending for Trump.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

gently caress, Aaron Sorkin was actually right about the ending for Trump.

what was his ending? trump makes loud screaming noises and is eventually existed out of the building on like the 19th of january?

FlamingLiberal posted:

I’m as concerned about a more competent fascist taking power in the US as anyone, but Dave gets very manic about this and I have to imagine that’s exhausting

same but i dont think said competent facist is among the probably front runners. plus i have my own issues with the whole "competent" thing.

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

In fairness to Dave, if you're a leftist you're probably online enough to be unable to ignore all the really lovely takes from centrist Dems who immediately went knives out for the left. Still probably a good idea to ease off unless you're actively involved in that discourse at a level that matters.

very true. but if i were him. id take a short break from it. staring into the twitter poo poo shows not to mention just political shitshows in general isn't good for your health, both mental and physical.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Aaron Sorkin posted:

"If I was able to romanticize the whole thing, here's what would happen: On election night, Donald Trump would do what we all assume he's going to do, which is not concede defeat, claim that the election was rigged, claim that the Democrats cheated, all of that," Sorkin said. "The nightmare scenario that's never happened in this country — we're very proud of our peaceful transfers of power that have been going on for 240 years," he added.

"However, for the first time since the man was sworn in, Republicans, his enablers, his apologists, march up to the White House and say, 'Donald, it’s time to go. You will not ruin this country. You will not start a civil war,' " the screenwriter continued.

It's the dumbest poo poo ever, and yet...

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

It's the dumbest poo poo ever, and yet...

yeah thats not happening. at best you will get some of the "moderate" ones accepting bidens win and the smart ones making vague "if trump wants to cut off his dick, than let him" and the lickspittles like graham defending the dumb king til the end.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Haha, this live paid dollop on looped is about a military school my brother went to.

I've been spoiled where it can potentially go.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
So it gets good? Because I've been sort of bored for the last almost hour :-/

EDIT:

Oh here we loving go O_O

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Nov 20, 2020

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

I can't tell cause I'm biased due to having to reconcile the goings on with this school and my brother's upbringing/personality.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Would you feel comfortable elaborating after the show is over?

EDIT: Holy poo poo was your brother there when the hysteria occurred?

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Nov 20, 2020

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
whats the school? is it the citadel?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

scary ghost dog posted:

whats the school? is it the citadel?

Miami Aerospace Academy.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

SalTheBard posted:

Miami Aerospace Academy.

Oh poo poo. *That* place.

I remember reading a long form article about that place a few years ago. Absolute poo poo-show.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I wish I could have made it, I didn't have the scratch for tickets.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I know everyone's gotta eat and all but lmao at hearing Dave shill for MasterClass, a place where you can "learn" from such luminaries as Aaron Sorkin, Malcolm Gladwell and freaking Karl Rove.

EDIT: HAHAHAHAHA he actually mentioned Sorkin in the ad. That HAD to be a wink to anyone who knows anything about him.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

They stopped shilling for talkspace when it was discovered they marketed directly to kids. There’s some fun stuff on masterclass, hardly the worst thing ever. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

They stopped shilling for talkspace when it was discovered they marketed directly to kids.

But...but say you're a guy...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Anyone know if these live eps will get released to the main feed?