Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

space uncle posted:

Wait are you guys hiring piss mathematicians with a knowledge of basic physics?

Can I send you my resume or should I just send a piss sample?

LinkedIn isn't just a series of tubes you can piss into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Ouija posted:

how about focusing more on getting drunk and laid?

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

tangy yet delightful posted:

LinkedIn isn't just a series of tubes you can piss into.

I mean... isn't it, though?

I loved LinkedIn. I once got a recruitment email from a man calling himself Protoss Ho. Why, no, Mr. Ho, I'm not sure you represent the cream of the EFL chain school crop, but thanks anyways!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

LinkedIn Park

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I loved LinkedIn. I once got a recruitment email from a man calling himself Protoss Ho. Why, no, Mr. Ho, I'm not sure you represent the cream of the EFL chain school crop, but thanks anyways!

He wanted you to zerg rush the job opening.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I could totally buy that there's at least one person actually named Protoss Ho in South Korea, given how insanely-popular Starcraft is there.

He's probably a real micro-manager though.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Everyone knows poo poo rolls downhillstairs.

kid sinister posted:

You've got problems if you poop slinkies.

tetrapyloctomy posted:

It's not my fault -- I wanted spinach, but my wife bought spring mix.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Karia posted:

Everything's compressible, it's just a matter of how hard you have to squish it. Under pretty much any circumstances you'll ever encounter, though: no. Water is compressible, but like the post said, it's got a bulk modulus of about 2.1 gigapascals. In contast, air is somewhere around 140 kilopascals. That means water is about 15000 times harder to compress than air is (and that behavior is probably going to be non-linear since at some point the molecules are just going to start running out of room, so it'll probably get stiffer as you compress it more.)

Please keep piss math in the piss math thread, formerly known as the meme thread in PYF.

There's a bunch of other piss math posts there that would fit this thread, especially the one with the piss water jet that assumes piss is stored in the balls.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
acknowledges

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Actually, let me just dump this here:

space uncle posted:

Hey team, got some new piss research for you this afternoon.

Many leading medical journals have put forth the theory that the human "bladder" stores piss:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/medicine-and-dentistry/cystometry#:~:text=For%20the%20normal%20female%20bladder,H2O%20usually%20occurs.

And estimates that 400-600mL of piss is stored in the bladder, and the urge to piss is caused by a pressure increase of 2-6mm Hg.

While this is an interesting theory, and it is useful for simple first order approximations and estimations of pissing, we all know that piss is stored in the balls.

The average volume of the testicle is approximately 20cm^3.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testicle#:~:text=Normal%20volume%20is%2015%20to,12%E2%80%9330%20cm3).

Alright so how do we fit 500mL of piss into two 20cm^3 balls? Easy - pressurize it.

Using the bulk modulus equation:

K = V * delta P / delta V

where K = 2.1 gigapascals
V0 = 500mL= 500cm^3
V1 = 2*20cm^3
deltaV = 460cm^3

2.1 GPa = 500cm^3*deltaP/(460) cm^3

Solve for deltaP, and your piss is pressurized to 1.932 gigapascals.

What's that in normal human units? A mere 19,000 atmospheres.

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=2.1+GPa+*+%28460%2F500%29

This is 200x the pressure at the center of the Earth, which makes sense, because when you wake up in the morning you really have to fuckin go.

Vulgar
Aug 17, 2003

I am the man of la Mancha… my dream is impossible!

You forgot the last little bit there guy

rap music posted:

please seek employment

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

aware of dog posted:

https://twitter.com/donaldjtrumpjr/status/1323625920595451904?s=21
Mexico, China, India, New York, California, Cuba, and... Liberia?

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Even don jr's map has biden winning the popular vote

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I could totally buy that there's at least one person actually named Protoss Ho in South Korea, given how insanely-popular Starcraft is there.

He's probably a real micro-manager though.

As god is my witness, a high-level safety compliance officer at Kia Motors America is named Jurassic S. Park.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2019/RCAK-19V109-4087.pdf

That guy was definitely actually named Protoss Ho.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Kenning posted:

As god is my witness, a high-level safety compliance officer at Kia Motors America is named Jurassic S. Park.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2019/RCAK-19V109-4087.pdf

That guy was definitely actually named Protoss Ho.

THIS IS loving AMAZING. (Protoss Ho was definitely Chinese, but I totally thought that was a South Korean "English name," too.)

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

THIS IS loving AMAZING. (Protoss Ho was definitely Chinese, but I totally thought that was a South Korean "English name," too.)

Protoss Ho is real. I checked his linkedin. Fancy Wang is also in his connections.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Harry Johns CEO of the Alzheimer's Association.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Phi230 posted:

Coup Cucks Clan

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

:master:

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Joementum posted:

Counties to watch tonight:

Addison
Bennington
Caledonia
Chittenden
Essex
Franklin
Grand Isle
Lamoille
Orange
Orleans
Rutland
Washington
Windham
Windsor

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
People have been posting their cats in the General Election Liveposting Thread in D&D while waiting for returns to come in:

big mean giraffe posted:

Grilling a steak and roasting some potatoes in the oven, and drinking probably way too much of this:

Cat to follow

Seyser Koze posted:

don't drink your cat, jesus

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
You have heard of username/post combo, but have you ever considered

az posted:

imagine your browser color codes every post with az in it

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

pog boyfriend posted:

i leave qcs alone for like 8 hours and people are posting star wars qanon fan fiction. fucks sakes guys

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

nine-gear crow posted:

If things hold up, all Trump needs to do now is give a press conference thanking all the Hispanics who voted for him this time around and then ascend up a golden escalator into Trump Tower and never be seen again after that and his presidency will have been perfectly symmetrical.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Nitrousoxide posted:

The only way Trump gets to 270 now is if he loses 50 lb.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s eighty pounds, based on his dosage of Regeneron.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Platystemon posted:

It’s eighty pounds, based on his dosage of Regeneron.

~to be fair~ he would never take a weight- or anything-appropriate dose so either he's under-dosing to soothe his ego as a fat man or ODing just because his super mensch frame can handle more

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

Context: there is a YouTuber who has two channels - one is about old computers and video games, and the other is about open carrying firearms in the most awkward fashion possible.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Dude tech guy

Games dude

Nerd geek

All of these are primo channel names for your YouTube channel where you wax nostalgic about floppy disks while repeatedly holstering and unholstering a 6 shooter like you’re having an old west duel

Cojawfee posted:

So I said "it doesn't matter if I painted over the orange tip, this is still an airsoft rifle and I'm allowed to bring it into the library. That reminded me of going to the library as a kid when I would use their Tandy color computers."

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

freeedr posted:

When I was a kid I was taken to a circus once. The circus was animal-free and was supposed to be ethical. I saw a sad clown making GBS threads in a loading dock outside of the civic center. I immediately said to him “you are a mass of failure”. He responded to me by saying “I hate these creepy church-going types that say sex is evil and then make everything about sex. They are wear-your-skin hosed up and scary.” I said “there are police around the corner.” He ran away. The same guy was later in a dunk tank that was really hard to trigger. He insulted everyone for hours before he got dunked. They found him dead in his trailer before the show the next day but the rest of the circus performers just left him in there without reporting it and left town in a convoy that evening. Why can’t I stop reliving this in every dream I have. Why am I sometimes the clown

🤡

E: wrong thread

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
That post has almost the exact same vibe as a Bots of New York post

https://instagram.com/botsofnewyork

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

BOOTY-ADE posted:

I wonder how someone would go about reporting they were slapped by a walking water bed

Ataxerxes posted:

You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smoosh criminal.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

That's my favourite Nick Cave song too

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

haveblue posted:

That is a really stupid onesie but who are these people who run up and snap a picture of a stranger's baby

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I’m going with “Boomers.”

Wait, can Boomers operate cameras? I forget what all powers they have.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

...! posted:

On a similar note, admins, please don't ever give a mod position to anyone who specifically asks for it. People who proactively request to be a mod always make the absolute worst mods possible. They just want power over their fellow posters and often use that power to silence/punish their posting enemies.

The worthy mods are the ones who have modship thrust upon them.

Freakazoid_ posted:

When was the last time a mod was chosen because they asked to be one?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Crane Fist posted:

That's my favourite Nick Cave song too
loving hell I was genuinely gonna say :v:

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

My Lovely Horse posted:

loving hell I was genuinely gonna say :v:

Which song? asked the person who only knows "Red Right Hand".

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
EDIT: oops, double post.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

:hmbol:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I'm assuming they're talking about The Carny. Which isn't even in my personal top 10 Bad Seeds songs, but then I'm not making a joke about it and "oh man, that's my 15th favourite Nick Cave song" wouldn't work in a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I mean basically all of them

This one especially though