Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

FewtureMD posted:

My go-to 16-bit FF is actually FFV. I usually do a Job Fiesta run every year, because it's fun to see all the ways you can either beat the game with any party, or just fully snap it over your knee with certain jobs (Hello Chemist!)

I can respect that. FFV is really solid and stands out on its own. So I'd say sure FFV or FFVI are both good games to play through the election.

FFVI though, I feel like you can make it into an allegory for the past 4 years, especially if Trump loses. Trump is Kefka ofc, and I guess Emperor Gestahl is the Republican party?

And the light of judgement is just loving everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/1323586888217681925?s=19

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
ive found my preferred outcome

https://twitter.com/leftistthot420/status/1323341015709876225

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Had dreams all night about Trump winning bigly, including one where a gestapo-like officer came to my door and threw me in a camp for being trans, so that's apparently where I am mentally!!

Work today will be a struggle. At least I'll be watching the returns with a couple friends and some stiff drinks.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

LegendaryFrog posted:

The in-person turnout for the 2020 election has plummeted by more than 50% since 2016, according to these Dixville Notch results. So much for that election day republican surge!

Edit: Biden sweeped. Won unanimously in Dixville Notch.

Has he claimed victory yet

Wrap it up Trumpailures, 538 sweep for Biden, as well as 69-31 and 420-?? majority for Dems in the Senate and House, respectively

DARPA posted:

16-5 for Trump in Millsfield, NH

don't worry we can get these thrown out for being tardy

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

I don't want trump's ooze in my LCL

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/Nick_L_Miller/status/1323455284841467906?s=20

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

How does the kitty cat go?

...meow?

Very gooood.

thanks for the number friend

Considering polls have shown something like 65-60% of people who voted early voted for Biden, and there will be a reverse of that trend on election day where upwards estimates are there will be something like 55 million to 68 million more votes, it is very good news for Biden.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Standing in line here in the western suburbs of Philadelphia. The line is easily ten times as long as I've ever seen it. Poll workers says they've never seen it like this.

Sep 26, 2020

Have to go to the office today to look at some archives, the office is a block away from the White House. Will tell you all if I see anything cool but I expect just a lot of boarded up Starbucks. RIP Starbucks

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Residency Evil posted:

Standing in line here in the western suburbs of Philadelphia. The line is easily ten times as long as I've ever seen it. Poll workers says they've never seen it like this.

Are they shouting/chanting TRUMP or BIDEN

Sep 26, 2020

The politics-understanderer rides again

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Phlegmish posted:

Has he claimed victory yet

Wrap it up Trumpailures, 538 sweep for Biden, as well as 69-31 and 420-?? majority for Dems in the Senate and House, respectively

don't worry we can get these thrown out for being tardy

1 more point than Clinton, so extrapolate that to everywhere and he wins - he's got this!

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Phlegmish posted:

Are they shouting/chanting TRUMP or BIDEN

Fwiw my street is firmly Biden judging by the signs. Only a handful of people admitting they support Trump.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

SalTheBard posted:

I legit don't even know what I'm feeling right now.

I read a Tweet where someone described as "the opposite of Christmas Eve"

Also, cross posting this here and hoping it's ok because I'm seriously expecting pockets of this tonight in heavily blue districts and/or anyone with a Biden or BLM sticker. loving put me into a rage first thing in the morning.

https://twitter.com/balleralert/status/1323305624214642693?s=21

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I just want to tell you good luck. We're all counting on you.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

dumb Ausgoon here but hope you all stay safe and take care, it's weighin on everyone's thoughts here too so please have some global solidarity

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Good luck and goonspeed.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
ah, so this is the thread where we scream an incoherent articulation of dread?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

What're some good live-steams to follow throughout the day?

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

I was sitting doing classwork and heard him say this live....I looked up and stared at the screen. I had to rewind it to make sure I heard him right.

I haven't been able to go to sleep yet. Going to give in and take a sleep aid and try to catch a few hours before I am back here doing classwork and watching the fate of our nation play out. I'm in Texas hoping for a miracle here.

Fellow goons, take care of yourselves today!

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Good luck from Aus. Hope yall don't well. Die. Gonna get wasted and try to black out the next day or so. See ya in 24 hours.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Good luck and god speed US goons. A Trump victory would be officially "good" for the Boris Johnson administration here, so even more reason to hope he loses.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
I voted at 6:03 this morning :911:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

TGLT posted:

ah, so this is the thread where we scream an incoherent articulation of dread?

You're on SA, that's all threads, at all times

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
The lack of Republicans running around with their hair on fire and rushing to throw each other under the bus is a little worrying. If their internal numbers were looking bad, we should be seeing them clawing their way to the front of the pack to make excuses or distance themselves from Trump.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Line is glacial here.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The Perfect Element posted:

Good luck and god speed US goons. A Trump victory would be officially "good" for the Boris Johnson administration here, so even more reason to hope he loses.

You guys should Brexit so we can give you a yuge, excellent trade deal

[after Brexit]

Did I say excellent? Ugh I always do this

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

TyrantWD posted:

The lack of Republicans running around with their hair on fire and rushing to throw each other under the bus is a little worrying. If their internal numbers were looking bad, we should be seeing them clawing their way to the front of the pack to make excuses or distance themselves from Trump.

Even if they know Trump is very likely hosed, they are not going to do anything that might affect the down-ballot races which are key to their hopes of obstructing a Biden admin. The knives will come out as soon as the polls close and it's (hopefully) clear that Trump has been soundly defeated.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1323608602670735361?s=20

Uh oh

hazzlebarth
May 13, 2013

Good luck to all of you! Sending positive energy from Germany your way!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Jesus Christ, the Senate hasn't done poo poo except for let Trump free from his impeachment and confirm Barrett.

If the Democrats can somehow get all three houses for 2 years, screw reaching across the aisle, jam that agenda through.

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

How does the kitty cat go?

...meow?

Very gooood.

Like Wasserman said tho we knew this was the case already.

Warthog
Mar 8, 2004
Ferkelwämser extraordinaire

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Did she sign a prenup? Because if she signed a prenup I could see her sticking it out until he dies for the sake of the money.

something about your theory tells me that you didn't pay a lot of attention to Donnie's finances the last few years :-D

Good luck USA - please make the pumpkinman go away!

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.
I am getting ready to work a 16-hour day from home in my makeshift newsroom. I help run the website for a local TV station. I have no way to calm my anxiety outside of just confronting it head on.

Check on your friends in news. We are not okay today.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

DutchDupe posted:

Yep, and people might find this follow up helpful, too

https://twitter.com/redistrict/status/1323610796878909443?s=21

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

DutchDupe posted:

https://twitter.com/nhcohen/status/1323607740795834369

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Technowrite posted:

I am getting ready to work a 16-hour day from home in my makeshift newsroom. I help run the website for a local TV station. I have no way to calm my anxiety outside of just confronting it head on.

Check on your friends in news. We are not okay today.

Goonspeed, man. Feels weird to not be in a traditional newsroom today (I'm working for a trade mag now). Definitely thinking of all my news friends, especially since they can't even get free election night pizza out of it.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

chaoslord posted:

Yep, and people might find this follow up helpful, too

https://twitter.com/redistrict/status/1323610796878909443?s=21

Also party ID isn't a very good predictor of how they'll vote. Not only is this expected, it doesn't tell us much as far as outcomes go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.

RumbleFish posted:

Goonspeed, man. Feels weird to not be in a traditional newsroom today (I'm working for a trade mag now). Definitely thinking of all my news friends, especially since they can't even get free election night pizza out of it.

One good thing tonight is that my fiancée has already pledged to provide election night pizza.