Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

left_unattended posted:

Had a memory come up on Facebook recently about the social media generation discovering magic eye pictures, and some little poo poo commented, "my Dad has a whole book of these!" I could feel the grey hairs growing. I'm only loving 32.

That's about when I got my first grey hair. Welcome to old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I got my first grey hair as a teenager.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!
So I was over at my parent's place for my birthday celebration the other day, and my mom had dug up a pile of old colouring books and whatever from my early childhood, which included the following gem. For context, the exercise was to put the correct facial expression on the kid in the appropriate situation:

It's worth noting that all the other "this is how to not be a psychopath"-exercises were solved correctly, so this was 100% me being a hilarious troll kid. Whether or not I was a super funny five year old or this just proves my sense of humour hasn't evolved since then is an open question, since I laughed my rear end off when I found it.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Covski posted:

So I was over at my parent's place for my birthday celebration the other day, and my mom had dug up a pile of old colouring books and whatever from my early childhood, which included the following gem. For context, the exercise was to put the correct facial expression on the kid in the appropriate situation:

It's worth noting that all the other "this is how to not be a psychopath"-exercises were solved correctly, so this was 100% me being a hilarious troll kid. Whether or not I was a super funny five year old or this just proves my sense of humour hasn't evolved since then is an open question, since I laughed my rear end off when I found it.

Lysande!

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!
Tack!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

My youngest has been watching science programs.

"What is density?"
"Well, you are shorter than your brother, but you're heavier, so you're more dense."
"Oh, so THAT'S why I'm afraid of water!"

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Today a kid was coloring a picture that had, among other things, a shark and a turtle. The turtle was brown with a red shell and the shark was green thanks to this kid's efforts. Another kid came up and said "sharks aren't green" to which the original kid replied "no it's Christmas under the sea. The turtle is Santa, there's a Christmas blow-up fish*, and the shark is the Grinch :colbert:"

*this refers to a multicolored pufferfish in the picture.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

"What are you eating?"
"A wrap."
"What's in it?"
"Duck."
"Ew, you're eating a thing that have wings!"
And this from a kid who I've seen eating deep fried crickets.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I was at work the other day and had to use the bathroom. I went in, passed a kid (five, maybe six) and his dad, and went into the stall. Then, in hushed tones, I hear this kid say, "Wow, Dad, even though he works here, he still has to go potty!"

EPICAC
Mar 23, 2001

My 5 year old has been talking a lot about his penis lately. He’s also been watching a lot of songs from Moana. Tonight while he was in the bath he was talking to his penis and said “You’re stronger than the crab in Moana.”

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
A girl walks in with obviously new glasses (I didn't know this at the time but they're just blue light protection ones for all the screen time she necessarily has now school has started)

"Those are nice glasses, I love them"

"IM NOT BLIND MR FAST CARS"

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Leavemywife posted:

I was at work the other day and had to use the bathroom. I went in, passed a kid (five, maybe six) and his dad, and went into the stall. Then, in hushed tones, I hear this kid say, "Wow, Dad, even though he works here, he still has to go potty!"

I used to work in a video game store and I (surprise, goons!) am a bespectacled nerd. I once had a kid of about 4 stare at me intensely and ask if I was Peter Parker.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Disco Pope posted:

I used to work in a video game store and I (surprise, goons!) am a bespectacled nerd. I once had a kid of about 4 stare at me intensely and ask if I was Peter Parker.

...well? Are you?

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Samovar posted:

...well? Are you?

Only Peter Parker and emphatically, definitely, absolutely not Spider-Man

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Disco Pope posted:

Only Peter Parker and emphatically, definitely, absolutely not Spider-Man

Well, of course not. You can't take photos of yourself. That kind of technology just doesn't exist.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
https://twitter.com/LaserCorn/status/1320457351837659137

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Lil dude is ahead of the curve.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I wish my job gave me the satisfaction of watching a pile of rocks get bigger

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

RandomFerret posted:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

RandomFerret posted:

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

RandomFerret posted:

I wish my job gave me the satisfaction of watching a pile of rocks get bigger still existed

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

This is kinda sorta within the remit of this thread:

FactsAreUseless posted:

Spun off from the other thread. This Unofficial World of Nintendo had a section titled Fun Stuff!!! where users could submit their own ideas for game characters, cheats, enemies, and endings.

Go check it out, it's really, really good.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3945537

Hopes Fall
Sep 10, 2006
HOLY BOOBS, BATMAN!
Second hand story:

My sister lying in the bed, hears whispering; rolls over to the 3 year old next to her, holding open his diaper, whispering, "this is my *favorite* penis."

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I can sympathize with that feeling.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Getting ready to give a 2 year old his flu vaccine, and he goes "Don't do dis!" :3:

(I still did and he gave me a high 5 afterwards)

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Niece now three and a half, negotiating with her mother for candy. It's a bag of mixed types and she claims she isn't sure which she wants. Mum says, you can have two. So she asks for Mum to put out two of each kind, so she can look at them and decide. She makes a big show of thinking, tapping her finger with her chin, and then says, "Oh, I can't decide!" and sweeps all ten pieces into her bowl.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
That sinking feeling when you realize that your kid is probably going to grow up to be a divorce lawyer.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

My almost 2 year old nephew visiting my parents, we were having spring rolls & he saw the soy bottle and went "sushi!" He's never had sushi so that was weird. My sister asked what he meant and he was like "Jenny, home" and we tried to ask for more but he had no more to add. Time for eatin'... A couple days later, my dad picks him up from the nursery and he likes to smalltalk. Turns out one of the employees there is named Jenny and her husband works at a sushi place so she sometimes brings sushi for lunch with the other adults. Welp, there you go. There was a coherent idea behind the words, but we would never have known except for random smalltalk.

That was around a month ago. Now he's like "I'm wearing a bare stomach" when he doesn't have a shirt on, or "What's that thing there right there?" while pointing at a thing he knows what is, with a cheeky grin cause he knows we know he knows

It's such a wild threshold when their thoughts are way more developed than their language & they either get super pissed cause they cant say what they mean or we dont get it and then it clicks and they're so into speaking cause it super rules to get others to understand what you're feeling or thinking. It oscillates for a while there but oh man those moments :allears:

Carthag Tuek has a new favorite as of 23:25 on Nov 6, 2020

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Carthag Tuek posted:

It's such a wild threshold when their thoughts are way more developed than their language & they either get super pissed cause they cant say what they mean or we dont get it and then it clicks and they're so into speaking cause it super rules to get others to understand what you're feeling or thinking. It oscillates for a while there but oh man those moments :allears:

There's still a running joke in my family regarding my oldest cousin, when he was very young he loved to talk (and he was obviously trying to talk, not just babble) but absolutely nobody could understand him, so he wound up saying "Eeot" and walked away once. They figured out he meant "idiot", so any time we see bad drivers and the like we talk about all the "eeots" running around :D.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Kids that age are a blast to talk to. I remember my son came over to me a few times when he was 3 or 4 and said "Papa, let's have conversation." So we did.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
One of my old coworkers told us about her four-year-old grandson who liked to tell people what 'the word on the street is'.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

My 8 year old autistic son got into his mom's nail polish to paint his fingernails.

Me: "Do you have permission?"
Him: "I have infinite permission."

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Lucky kid. I do not have infinite permission. When I want to use nail polish, I have to buy my own.

...look, clear nail polish is really good for my nails, alright? They break easily. Don't judge.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

marshmallow creep posted:

My 8 year old autistic son got into his mom's nail polish to paint his fingernails.

sudo chmod -R 777 /*

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
A two-year-old has a novel solution to the trolley problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N_RZJUAQY4

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

marshmallow creep posted:

drat. You can't argue with that.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/feralcrone/status/564171596303458304?s=21

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Pththya-lyi posted:

A two-year-old has a novel solution to the trolley problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N_RZJUAQY4