Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Victory Position posted:

How do people use Wukong on stealth missions anyway? What is the Celestial Twin doing that is allowing people to sneak around in plain sight?

You can just not turn Celestial Twin on. Then you just turn into a cloud and do whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Victory Position posted:

How do people use Wukong on stealth missions anyway? What is the Celestial Twin doing that is allowing people to sneak around in plain sight?

Use his 2, fly wherever.

Mist doesn't activate lasers

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

That was a nice distraction.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I don't get the hate, I whirl into the pack, do the slide attack to cluster them up nicely and the next lazy combo pings them all, my clone clears up the rest

I think (although have no data to back this up) aggro on them is wonky and they will often acquire you as a target when they shouldn't. Causes problems on Spy missions etc.

Also, it's just another thing to deal with and can ruin an otherwise nice feeling rhythm.

Zereth posted:

You can do them out of order, though.

There shouldn't be any reason they can't be opt-back-in once all five wedges have been filled. Maybe they could stop spawning in standard maps unless you're wearing a Glassmaker sigil? Or the opposite of that and the sigils are the opt-out, if DE really want the sigils to be a mark that you "survived the descent into the madness of the Glassmaker" or whatever the flavor text says.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Use his 2, fly wherever.

Mist doesn't activate lasers

Also for missions with sensor drones, equip Untraceable and you can usually fly from console to console before the invisiblility wears off

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I don't get the hate, I whirl into the pack, do the slide attack to cluster them up nicely and the next lazy combo pings them all, my clone clears up the rest

I see them on spy, I see them on conservation, I see them on Steel Path.

Especially conservation. Holy gently caress have I had enough of Nora's voice. Give us by-NPC voice volume.

rear end RESONANCE. rear end RESONANCE. rear end RESONANCE.

I just want to catch birds, gently caress off.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Jobbo_Fett posted:

So, either the world turns a new leaf tomorrow or things get aggressively worse.

Without lingering on the nature of that for too long, I'm giving away a Wukong Prime set. Please quote this post with your ingame name (PC ONLY, sorry console folk :( ) if you wish to enter.

Please only enter if you don't currently have a (Mastered) Wukong Prime.

I'd like a free Prime frame as well!

I am dragonshardz ingame.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Victory Position posted:

As has been said already, his 2 makes him invisible to cameras and immaterial to lasers/security fields. Also sensor drones won't react to wuclone, even if it attacks them, bypassing the usual need to one shot them if for some reason you absolutely need to kill one and don't have anything that can do it.

Ygmir
Jan 27, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

So, either the world turns a new leaf tomorrow or things get aggressively worse.

Without lingering on the nature of that for too long, I'm giving away a Wukong Prime set. Please quote this post with your ingame name (PC ONLY, sorry console folk :( ) if you wish to enter.

Ygmir

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

is the ps4 clan still active? I've been an on again/off again member over the years but have been playing this a lot lately and would like to get back in if possible. its seriously impressive (and confusing) the amount of new mechanics since last I played a few years ago

anyways, psn is Anthrovore. and how do you play as Clem

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Assume you're going to survive.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I was grinding out some plastids last night for a plain Wukong so I can finally do some fishing in peace, so maybe skipping right to prime could be fun. Dischorran in-game.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Beat the glass dude, now I need to stop being a lazy piece of poo poo and start Demios because apparently the glass sword is baller as gently caress.

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

That was a nice distraction.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

{e;fb} if this is still running.
Been working slowly at Ivara Prime to replace my normal Ivara, but other than that my Prime wardrobe is extremely minimal :(

ETA: Dang, congrats dragonshardz

Synonymous fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Nov 4, 2020

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Draw will occur near/around 8pm EST tomorrow.

Only one winner.

Those of you located in the US will have to successfully answer a math question.

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Assume you're going to survive.
So you make a list of all the numbers, and then make a new number from the nth digit of each where n is the position in the list, and ...

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Draw will occur near/around 8pm EST tomorrow.

Only one winner.

Those of you located in the US will have to successfully answer a math question.

What kind of math question?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Jobbo_Fett posted:

P=NP :colbert:

didn't specify the successful answer had to be right

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

dragonshardz posted:

What kind of math question?

The same one Canadians have to do for US sweepstakes ;)

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Victory Position posted:

Celestial twin doesn't set off alarms or lasers. The only way it will set off an alarm is if it fails to kill a warden.

Most Wukong spies are taking advantage of free movement to fly directly to consoles while skipping a bunch of garbage. There's like one earth spy console that forces you to interact half assedly with the sneaking portion

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

free hubcaps posted:

is the ps4 clan still active? I've been an on again/off again member over the years but have been playing this a lot lately and would like to get back in if possible. its seriously impressive (and confusing) the amount of new mechanics since last I played a few years ago

anyways, psn is Anthrovore. and how do you play as Clem

There's only one or two goons online at a Time, typically. That said, all the research available is done so if you're ok with deathly silent fallen clans, then we can bring you aboard

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

hazardousmouse posted:

There's only one or two goons online at a Time, typically. That said, all the research available is done so if you're ok with deathly silent fallen clans, then we can bring you aboard

that sounds like my jam, I mostly play solo anyways. Thanks!

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Victory Position posted:

Dismiss the twin, smash that 2 button.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

free hubcaps posted:

how do you play as Clem
Take Wukong, take only TWIN GRAKATAS and a carrier with the ammo case.
Make any specter with a primary GRAKATA and a secondary TWIN GRAKATA.
Build a clem specter.

Start mission, press 1. Launch both specters.
You are now using the maximum amount of Grakata, and are therefore clem.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Khablam posted:

Take Wukong, take only TWIN GRAKATAS and a carrier with the ammo case.
Make any specter with a primary GRAKATA and a secondary TWIN GRAKATA.
Build a clem specter.

Start mission, press 1. Launch both specters.
You are now using the maximum amount of Grakata, and are therefore clem.

Make a Mirage specter imo

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

they added some dude who used to write warhammer 40k fiction to their story team as of deimos

"some dude" really underestimates how much stuff andy chambers has written for 40k, and the quality of most of it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Chambers#Works

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

dragonshardz posted:

I'd like a free Prime frame as well!

I am dragonshardz ingame.

Random.org has selected you as the winner. I shall be sitting ingame for a bit

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Random.org has selected you as the winner. I shall be sitting ingame for a bit

I was not expecting to actually win, gently caress.

I can get in now.

Iakona
Jan 24, 2006

So I'm finally starting to put some time into this game after playing and quitting multiple times over the years before I could even start to understand it. Apparently playing without a clan is a bad idea. Is the OP still relevant, or how should I go about joining a clan? I'm barely rank 4 but I'm enjoying this ninja mess that destiny obviously cribbed a lot of poo poo from. I'm on PC as Sebren.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

The sign up in the OP is still relevant and so is at least much of the information, there's just a lot of other new and other stuff that isn't covered. Hop in the clan and the discord if you like and start asking all the questions.

Generic new player advice in the op is also still helpful, spend that starting plat on slots, chase quests and gear, and the sooner you accept that we're going to rain mods on you to help avoid leaving basic necessities to rng the better :)
We've got more of them than we know what to do with and we're probably still not immediately giving you any ultra rare end game stuff.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I've gotten to the point in helminth where the remaining frames are the pains in the rear end. Lots of simaris grinding for blueprints, sort of avoiding harrow and octavia neuro grinds. At least the simaris stuff is giving me a reason to gently caress around and clear steel path nodes stealthily, though all I have available to me anymore are things like defense, interception, mob def and the like so that's groan inducing. Oh well. GOALS

One of these days I'll resurrect a deimos pet, some day.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Vauban is very useful for Defense/Interception Steel Path. Use Overextended or something for a long range and just ragdoll anything in line of sight (almost) with vortex.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I was planning on using my slowva since I have so much success soloing normal Interceptions with her for relics. Think vaub's more suitable? I will probably use him for the defenses so he doesn't slow each wave to a crawl

Xenthalon
Jun 28, 2010

Tylana posted:

Vauban is very useful for Defense/Interception Steel Path. Use Overextended or something for a long range and just ragdoll anything in line of sight (almost) with vortex.

You got a build for that? I'll start clearing out Steel Path one of these days and I like to be prepared. I already put 3 forma into my Convectrix because apparently it's a slash monster that trivializes Steel Path enemies.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Lol I hadn't heard that about convectrix. I don't even have one in my inventory atm cause it was so lackluster. I'm managing to get by with headshots from my vectis atm but if it starts feeling underpowered I may have to look at your option

Xenthalon
Jun 28, 2010
Yeah check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI-GHLHPjK0

The guy just zaps em for a second and enemies get like 80 slashes on them without any crazy mods at all.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Xenthalon posted:

You got a build for that? I'll start clearing out Steel Path one of these days and I like to be prepared. I already put 3 forma into my Convectrix because apparently it's a slash monster that trivializes Steel Path enemies.

Just, use Overextended to get high range, who cares about your strength for most of his kit. Adjust duration/efficency/flow/surviving to taste. If things somehow shoot you, either position better or get more range. Maybe slap a Sentinel on for shield refreshes over a cat or dog.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Xenthalon posted:

Yeah check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI-GHLHPjK0

The guy just zaps em for a second and enemies get like 80 slashes on them without any crazy mods at all.

He mentions ammo consumption being a problem and that you should load up on status chance.

Do both, together, with Efficient Beams -> No consuming ammo until you do damage + 150% status chance at max rank

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

The convectrix vid is pretty cool but.. why bother when you can do a lot more damage with any half decent melee..

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

slow_twitch posted:

The convectrix vid is pretty cool but.. why bother when you can do a lot more damage with any half decent melee..

What's the point in using anything else in that case? To have fun.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I have nearly 150 primary, secondary and melee weapons that have a riven, maxed primed and umbral mods, and as many forma as necessary to make it all fit without compromises. Not because I need that kind of arsenal - I could probably run clear through the Steel Path with only a couple in each category and be aces - but because a big part of the fun of Warframe for me is the huge variety of viable options available, and synergizing all my equipment to find the most giggles per minute :keke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

skaianDestiny posted:

What's the point in using anything else in that case? To have fun.

fun and steel path do not mix

but yeah absolutely if you like it go hog wild..