Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Toshimo posted:

I don't think I want to see Frank Cho drawing teens.

He draws plenty of teens on commission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Elfface posted:

Beast has a mutant-power-diagnosis machine.

I'm guessing it backfired in some hilarious way like making everyone who took it get their mutant power turned into a deadly disease or something.

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006
I think you mean, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? Wassup?

Alhazred posted:

I'm guessing it backfired in some hilarious way like making everyone who took it get their mutant power turned into a deadly disease or something.

The machine works perfectly well. The trick is, it's not actually covered by most insurance, and Beast doesn't tell you that until after you've already had the test done.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Push El Burrito posted:

I've said it before but I love that all old characters wore little trunks. Silver Surfer zooming the spaceway in his tiny silver underpants.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Banner Comics #3 (1941)

Marvel Boy #1 (1950)

Journey into Mystery #21 (1955)

The Twilight Zone #22 (1967)

Flaming Carrot Comics #10 (1985)

Slapstick #3 (2017)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i also aspire to dying a karate death

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Darthemed posted:

Slapstick #3 (2017)

That's silly.

His pants are always angry.

Because he doesn't have a willy. :ssh:

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Darthemed posted:

Marvel Boy #1 (1950)

"gently caress's sake, I know Europe and Asia are technically the same land mass, but do we have to have this argument everytime a magical new continent arises?"

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

muscles like this! posted:

Nothing good ever happens to Kobeni in Chainsaw Man

Even in the official popularity polls she gets dunked on.

Yes, that's her own wreched car she lost to.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Ponsonby Britt posted:

The machine works perfectly well. The trick is, it's not actually covered by most insurance, and Beast doesn't tell you that until after you've already had the test done.

Beast: I'm sorry, but McCoy-Worthington Insurance is denying your claim as your mutation was a pre-existing condition.

Turns-thing-into-Asbestos-Lad: But I'm a mutant. We are born with our powers. By definition they are all pre-existing conditions!

(Beast and Angel whisper.)

Angel: Beast: I'm sorry, but McCoy-Worthington Insurance is denying your claim as your mutation was a pre-existing condition.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Remember when the Moomins were good? (I don't know if this is by Tove or Lars Jansson.)

"Let's go. I feel we don't quite fit in here."

"This must be an opium den. Let me handle this."

"Maître d'hôtel, four marijuanas!"

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Retro Futurist posted:

I think it's important to point out that his power isn't to then reform or make explosions or anything, literally just he can explode. Once.

Bro Dad posted:

Empyre: X-Men #4

Explodey-Boy meets his resurrected form:

From the inspiring panels thread.

They apparently made an Earth-616 version of him, just so he could have a heroic moment.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The Question IRL posted:

Beast: I'm sorry, but McCoy-Worthington Insurance is denying your claim as your mutation was a pre-existing condition.

Turns-thing-into-Asbestos-Lad: But I'm a mutant. We are born with our powers. By definition they are all pre-existing conditions!

(Beast and Angel whisper.)

Angel: Beast: I'm sorry, but McCoy-Worthington Insurance is denying your claim as your mutation was a pre-existing condition.

It is not Hank McCoy's fault that everyone he screens turns out to have the power to turn things into asbestos.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Darthemed posted:

Flaming Carrot Comics #10 (1985)

Looks like Tintin came out of prison loving JACKED.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Remember when the Moomins were good? (I don't know if this is by Tove or Lars Jansson.)

"Let's go. I feel we don't quite fit in here."

"This must be an opium den. Let me handle this."

"Maître d'hôtel, four marijuanas!"

That's from Muumit Torrelorcalla (Moomin in Torrelorca) by Lars Jansson, 1967. It's real loving wild

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

from the Let's Make New Garfield Comics thread

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Blue Beetle #8 (1941)

Men Against Crime #3 (1951)

Superboy #53 (1956)

The Defenders #7 (1973)

Damage Control #4 (1989)

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Darthemed posted:

Damage Control #4 (1989)

You think you've slipped on your last 'Banana Peel on a Trapeze," but before you know it, there you are slipping on another "Banana Peel on a Trapeze."

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Banana Peel on a Trapeze is a classic bit

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
Hell, I did the old Banana Peel on the Trapeze to a buddy just last week. I laughed, he laughed, I gave him a high five, he’s now paralyzed from the chin down. Classic, classic gag.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

He bamfs through the air with the greatest of ease
But slips on the banana-peel-on-trapeze

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Swing swing swing swing swing swing swing swing
Banantrapeze
Slip drop slip drop slip drop slip drop
Banantrapeze
You'll fall down bunches
Your bones will crunch, yes
It's the best, beats the rest
Comical, classical, it's the gag to beat them all

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wait, who's the evil duck robot? (I don't know who the evil clown robot is, either, but I also don't care.)

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Wait, who's the evil duck robot? (I don't know who the evil clown robot is, either, but I also don't care.)

I believe they're just creations of a malfunctioning Danger Room, which also banana peeled the trapeze, which is actually depressing to realize, because that's absolutely something that would've happened to him a bunch of times in the Danger Room.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

Kalli posted:

I believe they're just creations of a malfunctioning Danger Room, which also banana peeled the trapeze, which is actually depressing to realize, because that's absolutely something that would've happened to him a bunch of times in the Danger Room.

I mean, you want to train your X-Men to make sure the things they're trying to jump onto/grab onto/swing from/whatever are actually stable and safe to do so, and failing that, how to deal with the, ahem, fall out.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Kurt worked in a circus before he became an X-Man, right? The banana-trapeze is absolutely something he could be familiar with.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

Kurt worked in a circus before he became an X-Man, right? The banana-trapeze is absolutely something he could be familiar with.

I think you have unorthodox ideas about circi.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Elfface posted:

Even in the official popularity polls she gets dunked on.

Yes, that's her own wreched car she lost to.

You'll notice that Power is number 1 on this list, that's because Power is number 1.

Don't worry though, it all turns out for the best. The guy with dark hair was a spy infiltrating their group and the guy with the light hair is Denji, who is extremely hard to kill.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Malcolm Dragon’s neighbor was a recurring character for a little bit in Savage Dragon.

He shows up again with a bionic eye but I couldn’t find that issue.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I'm getting some real Toonces energy from this panel

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Superman #12 (1941)

Tales from the Crypt #28 (1952)

Strange Tales #80 (1961)

Super-Villain Team-Up #5 (1976)

Ranma 1/2 Vol. 7 (1996)

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Darthemed posted:

Tales from the Crypt #28 (1952)

For reference, this is about $50 in 2020 dollars. Which makes this slightly funnier because it goes from a laughably piteous amount to like, a little bit of walking around money if you rob a grave for us.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

muscles like this! posted:

You'll notice that Power is number 1 on this list, that's because Power is number 1.

Don't worry though, it all turns out for the best. The guy with dark hair was a spy infiltrating their group and the guy with the light hair is Denji, who is extremely hard to kill.

People link this manga a lot, and it might just be my unfamiliarity with it, but everyone in it always come off as gigantic assholes. This girl in particular.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hey, power might be a gigantic rear end in a top hat, but she's also the president and has won many nobel prizes.

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

Nilbop posted:

People link this manga a lot, and it might just be my unfamiliarity with it, but everyone in it always come off as gigantic assholes. This girl in particular.

That is entirely the idea. They're basically a bunch of self-centered (if not malicious) idiots, most of whom are fighting for the "good" guys because the alternative is being killed. But it's also hilarious and insanely cool and a guy has a chainsaw for a face.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

hey, power might be a gigantic rear end in a top hat, but she's also the president and has won many nobel prizes.

The first president.

oriongates fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Nov 5, 2020

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Why is that girl always pouring out sweat by the bucket

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

site posted:

Why is that girl always pouring out sweat by the bucket

she's in a lot of very stressful situations

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

One Piece

Only registered members can see post attachments!

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
They already had a giraffe guy, what gives??!! I'm pretty far behind, don't tell me the pre-existing giraffe guy is dead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

ThingOne posted:

One Piece

Next panel they get demolished by main characters.