Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

John Wick of Dogs posted:

https://twitter.com/CharlotteAlter/status/1323665756702363648?s=19

Honestly don't know why you would say poo poo like this. I assume this was in an interview or something, though, not unprompted.

Yeah, I expect she was asked a very direct question, ie: "Can you win without PA and FL?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

britishbornandbread posted:

I was sent this in the WhatsApp group with my friends and had to call on the wonderful Polliwonks thread to help me put them right.

I know, I got that story from you

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Handsome Ralph posted:

If you live in Arlington and haven't gone to Burrito Brothers yet, lol @ you.

No seriously, go there. It owns. http://burritosbros.com/
I’ll check it out later this week! :cheers:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Vorik posted:

thats not good..

It's fine for Biden:

berserker posted:

Maricopa's early vote totals exceeded the 2016 total vote totals, and we have a lot of independent voters.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Vorik posted:

thats not good..

Crossposting from the Polliwonks thread

exquisite tea posted:

To elaborate, Maricopa County in Arizona comprises the major suburbs of Phoenix in the East Valley and contains over half the registered voters in the state. It's also traditionally very Republican-leaning, and in 2016 was the largest county by population in the US to vote for Donald Trump. But that has shifted greatly in recent years. Kyrsten Sinema WON Maricopa over McSally by over 60,000 votes, and that was with a significantly higher banked early vote advantage for Republicans that year.

Basically there are over 130,000 more registered Republicans in Arizona than Democrats, Biden needs to win independents to make up the gap, if he wins Maricopa like Sinema did in 2018 he'll win the state.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Youth Decay posted:

https://twitter.com/SamuelHHoward/status/1323651199556530182
they're just gearing up for the "our cat ate the ballots" excuse

Pumpkin is cool and good and my absolute unit of a friend.
That is the chillest cat I have ever pet.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Youth Decay posted:

they're just gearing up for the "our cat ate the ballots" excuse

I don't want to fatcatshame but it does look like it

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Today is... a challenge.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
At what point on Election Day 2016 did plugged in insiders get an inkling that something was not quite going Hillary’s way?

And are we past that point yet?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

B B posted:

For anyone looking for non-corporate media election day coverage, Majority Report stream is starting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1Onj-7b8Q4

They're going until midnight.

I'll also post the Chapo stream later tonight, as well.

Beau of the Fifth Column is going to do a stream and that's what I'll be following.

https://www.youtube.com/user/unvoicedproject

filthy regex
Oct 1, 2010

s/ (. Y .) / 8==D~~ /g
PredictIt just swung Arizona back to Biden... people had their money on Trump there for the day running up to the election. Obviously that site is loaded to the brim with scammers/pump-and-dumpers but it's giving me some hope.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

davecrazy posted:

At what point on Election Day 2016 did plugged in insiders get an inkling that something was not quite going Hillary’s way?

Well into the evening, when states began releasing official numbers. We're still several hours away from anything that Actually Matters getting reported.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

davecrazy posted:

People who were Paying Attention were worried prior to the day starting. There was clear poll slippage.

I don't think we have anything like that so far. poo poo wasn't obviously broken until after 7PM....but then we have the total turnout for 2016 just in early votes in many locations.

It's...uh...gonna be hard to call.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

davecrazy posted:

Florida getting called early is when it all went sour. So we're a few hours off from that. It was rosy optimism all day up til then. This year Florida isn't thought to be decisive on its own unless Biden wins it.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Pumpkin have mercy on us all.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

davecrazy posted:

Early turnout numbers were not what people wanted in 2016, but we had far less data in 2016 so it wasn't until 7PMish.

I would not compare 2020 to 2016. There's already 100+ million votes banked.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

davecrazy posted:

we should have been way more worried than we were, tbh, people were saying 'uh hey it's weird how madly in flux hillary's 'lead' has been in these key states right?'

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

OAquinas posted:

People who were Paying Attention were worried prior to the day starting. There was clear poll slippage.

I don't think we have anything like that so far. poo poo wasn't obviously broken until after 7PM....but then we have the total turnout for 2016 just in early votes in many locations.

It's...uh...gonna be hard to call.

I felt bad the day before the election. This doesn't really feel comparable to this year but when I knew things where really wrong was when Florida came in bad that evening.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ror posted:

Pumpkin have mercy on us all.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Phlegmish posted:

I don't want to fatcatshame but it does look like it

First time I saw pumpkin I thought he was a stuffed animal.
Fucker is cool as a cucumber.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I see it's the lazy fat cats in charge.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

davecrazy posted:

A week before when it was clear Comey's bullshit had traction. It was already a tight race and polls were getting fucky in the run-up.

I'm not going to say Biden is a slam dunk, but he's got no Comey, a much bigger lead, and even though there's some poll slippage, it's gonna take a much bigger fuckup in tracking the data for a blindside Trump win. That said, thanks to how hosed up the EC is, Trump still has some solid paths to victory if Biden is soft in Michigan, Wisconsin, or PA like Clinton was.

mango sentinel fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Nov 3, 2020

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Pumpkin is cool and good and my absolute unit of a friend.
That is the chillest cat I have ever pet.

Ginger cats are the best cats

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Vorik posted:

thats not good..

this is fine, really.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
Hail Pumpkin,
Full of treats,
the Needle is with thee.
Blessed art thou among cats,
and blessed is the fruit of thy office, Ballots.
Holy Pumpkin, Chonk of Athens,
pray for us voters now,
and at the hour of the closing of the polls.
Amen.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

davecrazy posted:

Purely anecdotally (btw I'm in the UK so wouldn't see anything on the ground), but about a week before the election I stumbled upon r/The_Donald and after about ten minutes of looking through it I got the most terrible sinking feeling that he was actually going to win. There was something about the sheer chuddery violence and orgy of excitement and hatred that was beyond anything I expected.

I then ignored it, instead listening to all the clever people saying 'oh Trump can't win'.

Yeah

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Today will be weirder too because the more plugged in people can read County numbers, so we could read stuff really early to predict how the rest goes. Now we have early voting everywhere and who the hell knows how this is going to go or be reported.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

As long as we're reminiscing about the before-time, I had a panic attack and started dry heaving by the end of the night in 2016. That election fuckin' damaged my brain and is making me fear the worst this time around.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Should I be worried about this? Starting to panic a bit

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/1323443352214274050?s=19

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

Mainwaring posted:

In 2016 Trump had two sacks of votes, so this is a very encouraging swing against Trump.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Mainwaring posted:

No, so far Kamala has been following him around saying "Donald, no swiping," which is in line with expectations

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Mainwaring posted:

well, poo poo

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Excellent, Behind the Bastards released a new episode where they read Ben Shapiro's terrible novel, this is legitimately exactly what I needed today to get through this

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
I was looking for live election coverage on youtube, and found these guys with 6 current viewers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1dQyibqAbc

BLESS THEM

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Arist posted:

Excellent, Behind the Bastards released a new episode where they read Ben Shapiro's terrible novel, this is legitimately exactly what I needed today to get through this

I think that's an old episode but it is absolutely amazing and I cant recommend it enough.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mainwaring posted:

I think that's an old episode but it is absolutely amazing and I cant recommend it enough.

No I mean another one, this is like the fifth time they've done it

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/jr50903400/status/1323692968050610177?s=19

Seems like Pennsylvania is ground zero for fuckery this year.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Aidan_702 posted:

I was looking for live election coverage on youtube, and found these guys with 6 current viewers.

BLESS THEM

oh my gosh they're adorable

they obviously worked super hard on this, good job kiddos

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Ms Adequate posted:

Today is... a challenge.

We see you, friend. It is a challenge. We will get through it together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Aidan_702 posted:

BLESS THEM

gonna download this from youtube after the stream to help me sleep at night.