Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?
Behold, my purrito. Her name is Vespa or “you drat gremlin.” depending on the hour.

My polling location lines were longer than I’ve ever seen them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

predicto posted:

don't lie to me

that lovebird bites the crap out of you, even when he/she is being affectionate

it is known

When she was a teenager, it was hell. But she is old now (14 years and counting). Unless she's trying to shoo me out of bed or something, her ire is entirely focuses on video game controllers and chicklet keyboards.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Warrior Princess posted:

Behold, my purrito. Her name is Vespa or “you drat gremlin.” depending on the hour.

Holy moly she's cute.:3:

FiskTireBoy
Nov 2, 2020

FizFashizzle posted:

biden is currently telling a grandpa simpson story

That really needed the "hurry the gently caress up and finish" music from the Emmys

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
We're posting our cats?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lemming posted:

Normally I'd totally agree because sixers aren't a big deal but there's a certain event happening in the next six hours that makes a probe during this time more punishing than it would be otherwise

There won't even be any important states called in the next 6 hours

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

biden is currently telling a grandpa simpson story

"My story begins in Nineteen-Malarkey-Two. We had to say the word 'malarkey,' because Corn Pop had stolen our word for 'twenty'!"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

All of a sudden I have started to feel really bad about Pennsylvania and Florida

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Fallom posted:

Shitposting on election night wouldn’t be fun if it weren’t bailando con el diablo

¡baila, gato!

https://youtu.be/_UdvyPPvDwQ

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

John Wick of Dogs posted:

All of a sudden I have started to feel really bad about Pennsylvania and Florida

Why?

Electric Sugar
May 24, 2004

over in the burnt yellow tent by the frozen tractor

Warrior Princess posted:

Daughter of Roland, King of the Druids?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Probably from following too many smug podcasters on Twitter

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Ms Adequate posted:

Oh thanks this is really usefu-what the gently caress is KY doing??

Also I think the sixer was a bit harsh but on the other hand I understand the mods wanting to make a statement early in the thread, especially as six hours from the post time is right around when poo poo's going to move from speculation and terror to results appearing

Eastern vs. Central time zone. The whole state closes its polls at the same local time. Same with Indiana.

Tennessee is split by the time zone line, but they stagger the closing times so they all close simultaneously. 8PM EST/7PM CST

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
My idiot cat sons.

https://twitter.com/JT_Jag/status/1239000721757999106?s=20

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Yeah don't do that.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

she's been hunting her mousies and other cat toys for half an hour

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

There won't even be any important states called in the next 6 hours

Calls might not happen but as soon as any results start getting released we start knowing a lot more

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

omg i wanna bury my face in that cloud floof

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

Deteriorata posted:

Eastern vs. Central time zone. The whole state closes its polls at the same local time. Same with Indiana.

Tennessee is split by the time zone line, but they stagger the closing times so they all close simultaneously. 8PM EST/7PM CST

Regardless, it seems ludicrously early for polls to close. How many people end up being disenfranchised by that alone?

captainblastum
Dec 1, 2004

Foster kitten:

Before:

Now:

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
every thread is a cat thread if you are brave enough

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Dinah hunts mice too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1_-DR5b0TA

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I really want to own cats but can't until my financial situation is a tad more stable but also a friend of mine is allergic and won't want to visit if I have a cat. :(

Like I walk into the pet store and I just so want to house all the cats, they need love. I grew up with like 6 cats at my parents place and its been lonely not having one.

I'm looking into owning an orange tarantula and giving it cat ears to act as a substitute.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that
From this moment forward, farts in church shall be known as "The Aroma of Christ."

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?

Electric Sugar posted:

Daughter of Roland, King of the Druids?

:toot:

it is a spaceballs reference, yes.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

I really want to own cats but can't until my financial situation is a tad more stable but also a friend of mine is allergic and won't want to visit if I have a cat. :(

Like I walk into the pet store and I just so want to house all the cats, they need love. I grew up with like 6 cats at my parents place and its been lonely not having one.

I'm looking into owning an orange tarantula and giving it cat ears to act as a substitute.
FWIW, there are hypoallergenic breeds. But depending on how allergic your friend is, a Claritin might be able to manage things. :shobon:

Grayly Squirrel
Apr 10, 2008

Brave New World posted:

Regardless, it seems ludicrously early for polls to close. How many people end up being disenfranchised by that alone?

A lot. Mostly the working poor.

Kentucky does have extensive early voting and for this year had COVID-19 excuse absentee voting. So that does counteract it a bit, but only for those motivated to vote ahead of time. Day of you're pretty much hosed, unless you can sneak in time before your shift.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I have Guaranteed them

They will go Biden

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Look how much my special little guy loves his heating pad :3:

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
First exit polls in 17 minutes.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Josh Lyman posted:

FWIW, there are hypoallergenic breeds. But depending on how allergic your friend is, a Claritin might be able to manage things. :shobon:

Heh, Claritin doesn't even help with *my* seasonal allergies, so I don't know how useful it'd be for them. :D

But I'll deffo be taking a look at hypoallergenic breeds. I really want some cats to keep my company and interfere with my computer work. :D

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
Swung by beautiful Marcus David-Peters Circle on my way home.

I've been here several times before, but this is the first time I've walked inside the circle. The atmosphere is genuinely different, in the same way you feel it when you walk into a cathedral. The closest thing I've felt before is the Vietnam War Memorial, in the sense that it's immediately sobering.

Cops have the place blocked off to vehicle traffic, but pedestrian and cyclist traffic is unimpeded. Regardless of how this evening goes, I expect the circle to be a focus of celebration and/or rage, and clearly the cops do too.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

TyrantWD posted:

:getin:

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
Just voted, hoping Graham disappears into obscurity. Still lots of unopposed down ballot races for the Republicans though, makes me wish I’d tried for state legislature.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Mine is just hiding from the world...

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

DreamingofRoses posted:

Just voted, hoping Graham disappears into obscurity. Still lots of unopposed down ballot races for the Republicans though, makes me wish I’d tried for state legislature.

More American goons should run for office!

Aeble
Oct 21, 2010

Good luck, US goons. I'll have to see what you've unleashed in the morning.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

No one cares about your non cat posts

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

TyrantWD posted:

These are normally in super red and super blue states, which just tell us if something crazy happens or if it's going according to trend, generally, just to levelset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Quorum posted:

Swung by beautiful Marcus David-Peters Circle on my way home.

I've been here several times before, but this is the first time I've walked inside the circle. The atmosphere is genuinely different, in the same way you feel it when you walk into a cathedral. The closest thing I've felt before is the Vietnam War Memorial, in the sense that it's immediately sobering.

Cops have the place blocked off to vehicle traffic, but pedestrian and cyclist traffic is unimpeded. Regardless of how this evening goes, I expect the circle to be a focus of celebration and/or rage, and clearly the cops do too.

I visited on Sunday:

https://twitter.com/newsfedora/status/1322998974203207687?s=21

Of course, about an hour after I left a caravan of CHUDS invaded it and maced somebody.