Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

im on the net me boys posted:

It’s such a sore point in the history of the islands that a lot of people find the name of the cocktail to be in very poor taste

I have a really embarrassing story about learning this first-hand while being American and visiting Dublin as a wee lad

Ultimately everyone was drunk enough that it got laughed off, and they told me what the non-offensive name for it was but I had so much blood in my ears from embarrassment I didn't register what it was so I just haven't had one in the 20 years that have followed. I drink a lot of tequila now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

You know what they call an Irish car bomb in Dublin? A royale with cream

I was curious what they actually call it so i wikipedia'd it and

quote:

Increasingly, bartenders prefer the title "Irish Slammer", "Irish Bomb Shot", "Car Crash," or simply the "Irish Bomb" to avoid offending patrons.

I'm not sure that half of those are much better

Pork Lift
Oct 9, 2007

Winner of the 2012
:dong: Highway Traffic :dong:
Prediction Razzies

Avicus posted:

I lost my best dude last night. Albion contractor with a silenced pistol and hatred of Clan Kelley.

He died on a mission type I'd never encountered before; I had to camp next to a server download while swarms of Albions spawned. My hitman had to go clean up on the second attempt.

RIP Winston :cry:

Yeah, 2 of my best people both ate poo poo in missions like that. It made me play way more conservatively from that point. It feels like there’s a point in the game where the potential for dying spikes, if not the actual difficulty.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

I assure you none of those are what I was told

"...oh sorry guys I didn't mean an Irish car bomb, I meant just an Irish bomb you know the regular kind no autos involved"

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
Is there something I'm missing with the drone expert's Dive Bomb skill? (I mean, obviously there is.)

It doesn't seem to matter whether I tap or hold R1, my agent just tosses a tiny drone up into the air and it instantly disintegrates in a little sparky poof. No matter the range, no matter the target, I can't get it to actually attack anything. :(

edit: Oh hey, I just aggro'd someone to test it, and it worked. Does this skill only work on alert/aggro'd enemies? Uhhh that reduces its usefulness somewhat... :smith:

Avicus posted:

I lost my best dude last night. Albion contractor with a silenced pistol and hatred of Clan Kelley.

He died on a mission type I'd never encountered before; I had to camp next to a server download while swarms of Albions spawned. My hitman had to go clean up on the second attempt.

I lost my first character on that mission type, too. Not much warning that it's going to be a warzone!

Trustworthy fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Nov 3, 2020

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

AzMiLion posted:

There's skins for yur guns and personal vehicles as well, though the game barely tells you that that's a thing.

Yeah where do you get these anyway

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Welp I picked this up to distract me from election day insanity

I love that the first thing you hear on ps4 when you load the game is a robot voice saying "PRESS BUTTON"

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Simone Magus posted:

Welp I picked this up to distract me from election day insanity

I love that the first thing you hear on ps4 when you load the game is a robot voice saying "PRESS BUTTON"

It does this every time even if you disable narration because it loads your profile after the fact lol

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

man nurse posted:

Yeah where do you get these anyway

In the edit menu for an operative. Highlight the car or gun and there's a customize button.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
This opening mission is boring but there's something stupidly lizard brain feelgood about starting a WD/AC game and just immediately knowing how to play

Also you can't fool me ubi you recycled half this map from Syndicate lmao

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Also the computer swears lol XD

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Simone Magus posted:

This opening mission is boring but there's something stupidly lizard brain feelgood about starting a WD/AC game and just immediately knowing how to play

Also you can't fool me ubi you recycled half this map from Syndicate lmao

It’s the same layout as Syndicate, lmao. They even remixed some of the music

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Haha my random starter choices had Literally Me in there:

Jane Dvorak, podcaster, wearing punk/nerdy clothes, bio says she "runs Nordic LARP sessions"

Pork Lift
Oct 9, 2007

Winner of the 2012
:dong: Highway Traffic :dong:
Prediction Razzies

Simone Magus posted:

Haha my random starter choices had Literally Me in there:

Jane Dvorak, podcaster, wearing punk/nerdy clothes, bio says she "runs Nordic LARP sessions"

I was laughing at how stereotypical this one app developer I saw walking around looked, before realising I was wearing the exact same outfit as them in real life.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

So wait I thought that if a weapon wasn't marked as Unique, you could equip it on all of your operatives once you unlocked an operative with that weapon. But nope, all I can get on my guys are the Ded Sec non-lethal weapons, and whatever they had available when I recruited them.

Am I missing something?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Der Shovel posted:

So wait I thought that if a weapon wasn't marked as Unique, you could equip it on all of your operatives once you unlocked an operative with that weapon. But nope, all I can get on my guys are the Ded Sec non-lethal weapons, and whatever they had available when I recruited them.

Am I missing something?

There's some category limiting, so if they have a pistol then you can equip other non-unique pistols and so forth, I believe.

There was a post with some detail about it a few pages back, but I can't find it quickly.

Found it with thread search, thanks JoY!

BitBasher posted:

Okay, apparently I learned I CAN use the weapons of people I have recruited, but only after I have both recruited and actually swapped to that person to control them directly.

Now I can equip the MCX shock rifle, AK, and G36 on several of my operatives that didn't come with them. There are also a pile of my operatives that can only use the 4 guns I have researched. I have no idea why. Also apparently nail guns and silenced weapons do not become shareable this way.

Additionally, if you use a spider drone a lot watch out, because the game can change it's own rules and gently caress you silly. I just lost an agent because while sitting outside and across the street from a red zone, my spider bot started wiping files on a server. This triggered an alarm which made bad guys just shoot me dead while I was controlling my spider bot.

EDIT: Wait, it looks like weapons that are not listed as "Unique weapon" works this way, but not for all agents. I'm not 100% sure but it looks like you can change to a non standard weapon only if the operative came with a non lethal weapon? Basically only the rear end in a top hat characters I recruited that had a lethal gun as a listed perk can be given lethal guns. That looks like it may be what's up.

EDIT2: It's apparently even dumber than that. Characters with a lethal pistol perk can switch to a different lethal pistol but not a lethal rifle. Likewise characters with a lethal rifle can switch to another lethal rifle you have unlocked but not a lethal pistol like the Desert Eagle or M9. What even the gently caress here?!

BitBasher posted:

Yeah I totally agree, this seems completely arbitrary and pointless. I've spent the last 2 hours recruiting to figure it out...

In the end it appears that it's separated by weapon group. Only someone with a weapon perk in the group on their character can equip another weapon in the group. As an example a non exhaustive list is:

[Rifles]
AK47
LTL Goblin
MCX
G36

[Shotguns]
LTM1014
M570

[Pistols]
Desert Eagle
P9
357 REX

So a Hitman that starts with a perk for pistols and rifles can equip from the Pistols and Rifles list but no shotguns. so forth and so on. If your operative doesn't have a shotgun as a perk they can't equip the non lethal LTM1014 even though they can equip the default non lethal shotgun. This is all loving stupid. I really hope this is a bug and not some people that sat in a meeting and all agreed to something this absolutely brain dead.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ah that'll be it then, I haven't directly taken those guys under control.

Thanks!

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Other weapons categories are SMGs, LMGs and grenade launchers. It's pretty annoying that unique weapons don't count for being able to use other weapons of that type, like my operative with a silenced MP5 can't use a regular MP5 and my spy can't use any of the other lethal pistols.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Dedsec strikes again! https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/source-code-watch-dogs-legion-leaked-560gb/

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
God drat it I think ubisoft accidentally made a really good game again

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Enjoying the hell out of this, but I hope they patch the auto save soon.

Mine refuses to save on Fast Travel, so it's random how much progress I lose when I quit. Quitting to the main menu just hangs forever.

I checked a few places and tons of people having the issues.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Trustworthy posted:

Is there something I'm missing with the drone expert's Dive Bomb skill? (I mean, obviously there is.)
... Does this skill only work on alert/aggro'd enemies? Uhhh that reduces its usefulness somewhat... :smith:

You can use it on anyone as far as I can tell, I seem to need an enemy targeted in my crosshair when I hit the button. Also, if you are far above them in altitude it will detonate harmlessly over their heads.

Avicus posted:

He died on a mission type I'd never encountered before; I had to camp next to a server download while swarms of Albion spawned. My hitman had to go clean up on the second attempt.

Any time the mission is "erase data" this can be (but isn't always) a thing. As soon as the erase starts enemies will automatically know where you are even across the street and out of LOS on a roof, and cars full of backup can pull up outside and run in. They will send drones to attack your meat body even if you did the hack in a spider completely in secret. I have had, no poo poo, 15 Albion agents rush me at once, when I had an agent with a paintball gun. Didn't end well

Don't take your safety for granted! There's more than just that one type of mission that can happen in, but the erase data job seems to be by far the most prevalent. Same with the "steal passports in a vehicle" mission, you are going to get jumped when the mission ends by drones and multiple car loads of enemies, and you can't do a lot about it if you aren't already headed for cover before you are notified. Move your rear end ASAP when dropping off the vehicle. If you wait and listen to the post mission dialogue it may be too late to run for cover. Lost an agent that way.

marktheando posted:

...It's pretty annoying that unique weapons don't count for being able to use other weapons of that type, like my operative with a silenced MP5 can't use a regular MP5 and my spy can't use any of the other lethal pistols.

The logic for this whole unlockable switch weapon thing is driving me batty!

That said I'm pretty well enjoying the game despite all my bitching...

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Yeah what the hell lol, I just started the game back up and I've got to reboot the safe house all over again

How do you gently caress up auto save

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Also why the hell can't I keep listening to the podcasts while I'm playing, i don't want to sit at the menu to listen to it

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Simone Magus posted:

Also why the hell can't I keep listening to the podcasts while I'm playing, i don't want to sit at the menu to listen to it

This and being able to use the profiler fully on your operatives and dedsec haters are the main things I want patched in. I'm frustrated I can't save my operative's mother from deportation.

But in general I'm just totally addicted to this game. I can totally get many of the criticisms, fair enough the playable characters don't work for everyone, people's tolerance for repeating voice actors can vary, I'm fine with it though.

The satire/political stuff is predictably cowardly and toothless but well, ubisoft, I can live with that.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Simone Magus posted:

How do you gently caress up auto save

yep

Simone Magus posted:

yep!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My new favorite operative is a hobo lady with a silenced submachine gun. Tactical panhandling!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Not having run into any serious issues with the game on PS4, my pet peeve is that when listening to a podcast in a car, if you get out and back in a few minutes later it starts over from the beginning instead of remembering where it was or just starting a different clip.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Okay so far.

- the podcasts are legitimately very well done!
- the core gimmick is really fun and cool
- city is dope to explore
- music and aesthetics are dope (just wish there were more licensed songs and some slightly more obscure stuff, this game is begging to have Future Sound of London or at least Aphex Twin)

I'm pretty hooked already too lol

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

I am here to say drive carefully, folks. I just ran over and killed a good Spy on my recruit list while in a car chase totally unrelated to him and had no idea he was there. Slammed through an intersection making a left running a light trying to get away from a Clan Kelley ambush and there he was walking across the street. Hit him near max speed in a taxi cab and sent him sailing, I saw the little blue arrow next to him for a split second before impact. Slammed on the brakes and got the scanner over him to see if he survived before taking off again, but nope. RIP prospective agent Spy.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Don't sleep on the POWER FIST. I was the sort of fool who just used the spider drones exclusively. Then I tried the POWER FIST on a whim. Now the new hero of the revolution is a Polish football hooligan who can take out entire squads with one swing of his POWER FIST. Hacking is for losers, electric punching is the real cyberpunk action.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

So, I have a hacker that has Viral hacking (If you hold the button down it will also apply hacks to an AOE around it) and shock hack. Which means when I am fighting groups of dudes, I can shock hack the entire group. So far it's not failed to subdue everyone it's used on in large groups. Bit of a sleeper.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
I have a person from Clan Kelly I want to recruit but she hates deadsec. I have the deep profiler unlocked and she does stuff like fights and goes to therapy. I’ve gone to each thing but there’s not a clear way for me to get her on our good side. Any tips?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

I have a person from Clan Kelly I want to recruit but she hates deadsec. I have the deep profiler unlocked and she does stuff like fights and goes to therapy. I’ve gone to each thing but there’s not a clear way for me to get her on our good side. Any tips?

For fights you probably need to figure out which fight she takes place in, then fight yourself.

When you win a set, you get the option to add anyone involved to your recruitment list.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You can only do this if on her deep profiler she has friends or relatives. You can help them and raise her to "dislikes" then eventually recruit her. If she has no friends or associates then I think you are SOL.

As a side note, if you knock out or injure someone (or their friends, relatives, or associates) that pushes them to two thumbs down if they were one thumbs down to start with, so if you really want to recruit someone avoid assualting them!

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I just recruited a 70 year old conspiracy nut who has a giant hammer and a dirt bike

ANTIFA grandpa rules, unfortunately he can't sprint :\

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
DEDSEC operators by Subforum:

CSPAM:

Games:

You Look Like poo poo:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Is this game as cool as these profiles make it look?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

ChrisBTY posted:

Yeah I gotta say, content-wise this game sounds like exactly my kind of fun shitshow. Shame about the tech issues but I assume they'll be ironed out by the time i'm bored with Valhalla and Cyberpunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChrisBTY posted:

If you liked the gameplay loop in Watch Dogs 2 it's basically that, but if you wanna mostly disengage with it and play a pretty generic open world third person shooter, that option is also available with the John Wick style Hitman/woman type operatives. The tone is all over the place, but there's some alright what-the-gently caress moments in the story from what I know, I'm not terribly far in. It's like GR:Breakpoint, it's pretty simple and arcadey that you can breeze through, catch up on podcasts while you farm upgrade points for a bit, then breeze through the main storyline.