Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
I don't understand the thread title but I laughed anyway

Edit: Hell yes, amazing snipe. 10/10 my posting career is complete

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

TyrantWD posted:

First exit polls in 17 minutes.

This is the part I hate.

Also none of these exit polls will have early voter issue data will it? Also the most Republican voting of the day was this morning and Democrats coming later in the afternoon wasn't it?

They shouldn't release exit polls of any kind until polls close

trauma llama
Jun 16, 2015

Ballz posted:

I visited on Sunday:

https://twitter.com/newsfedora/status/1322998974203207687?s=21

Of course, about an hour after I left a caravan of CHUDS invaded it and maced somebody.

And shot at parked cars. Which is why the police have it blocked off for vehicle traffic. Thank you guys for reminding me! I might go for a walk down there if I get out of work early.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
This is Skeeter.

She's a Yakutian Laika, one of a litter of 10 that we had recently, and one of 2 that we kept.

Her and one of her siblings were very sick as young puppies, the vet thinks it was likely an incompatibility with the anitibodies in their mother's milk. He didn't make it, but she was a bit older and bigger when she got sick, and with the help of a blood transfusion from her father (hence the name), she made it. Though she's still the smallest, and for a while it was VERY apparent.

She also had an extreme heart murmur that went away as she got bigger and stronger. Her system is still a little weird and bewildering to our vet, but she looks she's going to be Ok, if smaller than her breed standard.

Here she is with her mom, Isla.

And with her dad Creedence, and her sister Rhea.

She's a little goblin that's our only dog that not only likes meeting people, but gets very upset when she's not allowed to go and get pets from them.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
Too early for my state/local stuff to even begin checking, but legal weed is on the line as is keeping a violent psychopath out of the governor's mansion. Say a little prayer for us non-chud Montanans.

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.

Grayly Squirrel posted:

A lot. Mostly the working poor.

Kentucky does have extensive early voting and for this year had COVID-19 excuse absentee voting. So that does counteract it a bit, but only for those motivated to vote ahead of time. Day of you're pretty much hosed, unless you can sneak in time before your shift.

Tennessee state law mandates employers give time for voting so it's really not as big an issue as you would think in that state.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

exit polls are going to be hugely R

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

TVs Ian posted:

She's a little goblin that's our only dog that not only likes meeting people, but gets very upset when she's not allowed to go and get pets from them.

Do two of your dogs have different-colored eyes?

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

trauma llama posted:

And shot at parked cars. Which is why the police have it blocked off for vehicle traffic. Thank you guys for reminding me! I might go for a walk down there if I get out of work early.

You should! It's gorgeous this time of evening and walking around helped me breathe for a moment and focus on stuff that's bigger than me, which is a great antidote to pointless worrying.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm scared guys, I don't think our cucked polls could account for the powerful and normal brains of the Trump Elite

https://twitter.com/RosalindZAdams/status/1323692885796130819

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

No one cares about your non cat posts

this is Lexi

She is an evil, destructive monster. She eats or tears up everything in my house. Carpeting, blinds, sheets, clothing, charger cords, all must fall before her wrath.

But though she hates the world, she seems to love me, and maybe that's all that matters

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
https://twitter.com/gogetemtigers/status/1323715531883634688

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

All my cats are black and gray. I need some orange cats to promote diversity

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

queeb posted:

exit polls are going to be hugely R

Dont forget, too, the first ones are "what do you care about the most" stuff and demographics until the first closing.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

It's over 100% now lol, I guess provisional ballots?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Youth Decay posted:

It's over 100% now lol, I guess provisional ballots?

Proof of Dems voting twice and illegal immigrants voting!

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
CNN reporter said Biden advisers expressing pessimism over Florida.

It is happening again...

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

sexpig by night posted:

I'm scared guys, I don't think our cucked polls could account for the powerful and normal brains of the Trump Elite

https://twitter.com/RosalindZAdams/status/1323692885796130819

i dont get ventriloquism. like i have seen some good ventriloquism like that kid on american got talent but it seems to be mostly a crutch for bad standup.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I am so loving nervous you guys.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

TyrantWD posted:

It is happening again...

Florida was and remains poo poo

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Where are those exit polls

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Zarin posted:

Do two of your dogs have different-colored eyes?

They do - dad has blue eyes, mom has mostly brown eyes (there's a blue fleck in one of them ), and I think 5 of the puppies came out with heterochromia.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I hope that cat posts are still a thing as I have to catch up and look at everyone else's pictures still!

Have some Lucy (grey) and Lily (tortie).

And for my wife's birthday last year, I made up portraits for her (using Gimp and Walgreen's photo printing service). Super worth it.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I’m assuming exit polls are going to be heavily republican tonight?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

nachos posted:

They start with ranks:

Like 70% say you need to wear a mask
26% or whatever care about racial justice as the most important issue
48% of people say coronavirus is being handled well

But those are exit polls of people that voted in person, i think, so...

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

nachos posted:

I heard they're combining them with questionaires given to early voters, but yeah would still expect a skew in one direction or the other.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

TyrantWD posted:

It is happening again...

I kinda hope dipshit DOES win Florida, only to have Texas ripped from his carny hands

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

TVs Ian posted:

This is Skeeter.

She also had an extreme heart murmur that went away as she got bigger and stronger. Her system is still a little weird and bewildering to our vet, but she looks she's going to be Ok, if smaller than her breed standard.

My doggo has had a major heart murmur his whole life, and he is now 15 and trucking along fine.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Hey is there a way to keep the posting to one thread, or the analysis to one thread and shitposts to the other? Because right now the exact same things are being posted across 3 threads in D & D (with an alternate universe version in another) and it's impossible to keep up with.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

These are my Keeshonden, Kook and Boba. They are in better spirits than I for election night.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

nachos posted:

There's two main sources of exit polls. Edison Research and AP. They both will also poll people who voted early and by mail and include that in their statistical analysis of the results.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/02/just-how-does-the-general-election-exit-poll-work-anyway/

edit:

https://morningconsult.com/exit-polling-live-updates/

COVID-19, Economy and Health Care Are 2020’s Dominant Voting Issues

Nearly All Biden Voters Say Controlling COVID-19 Was ‘Very Important’ to Their Vote. About 3 in 5 Trump Voters Said the Same

Over 7 in 10 Biden Voters Say Economic Opportunities Are Less Fairly Distributed Than 4 Years Ago

Biden Voters Are 40 Points More Likely Than Trump Backers to Say Health Coverage Was Vital to Their Vote

Biden Voters More Likely Than Trump’s Backers to Prioritize Racial Equality, See Systemic Racism in the United States

74% of Biden Voters Say Addressing Climate Change Was a Very Important Factor in Their Choice; 19% of Trump Voters Said the Same

Many Biden Voters Say Their Vote Is More Against Trump Than for Biden

Biden Has an Advantage With Groups That Tended to Vote Early

Early Voters of Color Less Likely Than Whites to Say Voting Process Was ‘Excellent’

Vote by Mail Proves Most Popular Method Due to Ease and COVID Concerns

Most Early Voters ‘Very Confident’ Their Vote Will Be Accurately Counted

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Youth Decay posted:

Hey is there a way to keep the posting to one thread, or the analysis to one thread and shitposts to the other? Because right now the exact same things are being posted across 3 threads in D & D (with an alternate universe version in another) and it's impossible to keep up with.

I think it's too far gone now. Serious posting analysis is prolly in the polls thread if thats what you want.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Florida was never going to be a state that the Dems could win. It is forever lost to the republicans and when it is overtaken by rising sea levels, we will gladly reduce their Congress numbers and EVs.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Wow I'm sick and tired of all these pet pics and me not being there to pet all the good animals in them.

Just a real frustrating time.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

ReidRansom posted:

I kinda hope dipshit DOES win Florida, only to have Texas ripped from his carny hands

As one of the dipshits that lives here I really hope he doesn't. He has moved here and I want him to know that he is living in a state that the majority hates him for ever.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Youth Decay posted:

open more tabs?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Youth Decay posted:

What's the alternate universe thread

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

All my cats are black and gray.

Are these the lyrics to Spoonman?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I kind of do worry about the "48% think that Coronavirus is being handled well" stat they posted, but I do think CNN is exiting earlier in person voters only, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Honest question, does the Electorate take into account the number of participants per county? Like say most of a state votes Biden but it's low turnout, while a few counties have insane turnout and overwhelmingly vote Trump. Do they take that into account or is it really just "suggestion noted" to the popular vote at large?