Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold
Those Fox news poll numbers make me think they're being trolled in some capacity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
please don't loving post tweets that might as well come with a CITATION NEEDED banner

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Has anyone actually seen this reporting?

Not that I know of and said person is a twitter rando.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Look how much my special little guy loves his heating pad :3:

Look at that gorgeous boy he looks just like our Hieronymous :allears:

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Yeah that seems like some rando blue wave emoji poster, maybe at least keep it to news orgs and political insiders?

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Alright, well, how about these, then?

https://twitter.com/BoKnowsNews/status/1323756354062950401

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1323752684894171136

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

shut the gently caress up don't make me hope

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Arkage posted:

Those Fox news poll numbers make me think they're being trolled in some capacity.
Not trolled exactly, but A) theres probably a lot of people watching Fox News who don't normally watch it and B) spite/contrarianism is a more powerful motivator to bother voting in one of their pushpolls than vague agreement. So genuinely held beliefs and people voting only once, but not exactly a slice of their main demographic.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

shut the gently caress up don't make me hope

Look at this single red county instead:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/11/03/us/elections/results-president.html

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

My God, if this turned out to be correct.... Biden would be likely to get ~389 EVs...

No. Hope is dead.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Is it possible to get a hernia from laughing too much? Let's find out if Biden wins Texas.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I don't believe poo poo yet. I am going to feel dread until January 17th.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Not sure if this should be here or in the covid thread, but 5 of the 6 poll workers I saw when I voted today had their masks under their noses. 4 of them were elderly women.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Getting nervous about Florida. I know it’s early but still :(

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
When do Pennsylvania's results start coming in

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/ShadowPowerup/status/1323632839129288704

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/thekingnickgage/status/1323748998369468422?s=19

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I mean, florida is nice to win but not needed, especially if there's actually good numbers in WI/GA

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That's good.

As to anyone taking about Trump campaign internals, I feel like they are idiots and wouldn't actually know if they were performing well or not, but the Biden campaign seems to say least have expertise in that area.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Do you have a real reason to be nervous?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
My wife is making baked crusted pork chops tonight and my dog wags her tail like a helicopter when I come home.

In 2016 I was in Florida for a conference during the election and it was loving miserable. Back then the biggest fear was loving ZIKA. Remember that?!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I am getting stronf 2016 vibes from all the confidence tonight. I remember how that fell apart.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

XXX posted:

Getting more and more anxious by the minute.

Thread refresh rate increasing by the minute.

Here in Tampa it was super packed at ~8:15am. Line was too long so I drove home. Went back at ~1:45pm and hardly anyone there. I assume it's packed again now.

Saw maybe 5 groups of Trump supports on the corner at lights throughout my day. Saw 2 for Biden. Flicked off a middle-aged, bleached blonde lady in a Porsche SUV with the license plate "PORSCHER" that cut me off and almost ran me off the road as she was honking support at the Trumpers.

Just ran out and found a 12-pack of Coors Light Seltzer for $11.59 because a) I hate myself, b) am poor af, c) am way too sober for all of this.

In other news, not only is it election day, but it's Shave Nero Day (he was super matted, unfortunately).

Before:

After:

We had 4 cats for a long rear end while and are down to one 15 year old rear end in a top hat that still resents the day we brought her home from the dump when she was a kitten. Quarantine has my wife steady looking at cat ads now and I've said there are very few cats I will say yes too. A big orange ginger boi, a grey fluffy Nebelung boi, or any variety of Maine Coon.

This is my friend Greyg. He is the best, even if he gets boogers some times.

Earlier this summer when he couldn't find his pants.

highme fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Nov 4, 2020

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Regarding the YouGov poll, here's the numbers.

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1323752913794195456

This model predicted the Tories' win in the 2019 UK elections, and actually underestimated them there.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Jewel Repetition posted:

We won't know anything about Penn tonight.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Covok posted:

I am getting stronf 2016 vibes from all the confidence tonight. I remember how that fell apart.

You heard it here first: being confident is a sign that everything is bad.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Jewel Repetition posted:

Sometime between 8pm tonight and 11pm tomorrow.

Grayly Squirrel
Apr 10, 2008

Covok posted:

These are not 2016 vibes, and this is not 2016. In 2016 panic was starting to set in right now, not confidence.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Covok posted:

There were bad signs for Clinton in 2016 that people were deliberately ignoring, though. There's considerably less of that tonight.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

JT Jag posted:

One thing I will say is that in 2016 people were already starting to raise alarms at this point, and those alarms haven't been raised yet

In 2016, phoned banked several times for Hillary (cause I saw how hosed up Trump was). We were almost exclusively calling into Arizona and Nevada. I did a shift on election day and knew we were in deep poo poo when we were calling Michigan

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/jonathansmucker/status/1323754267937775617?s=21

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

We won't know anything about Penn tonight.

I'm aware of that. I just want to know when they start announcing the results so I can make money off of them on Predictit

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Grilling a steak and roasting some potatoes in the oven, and drinking probably way too much of this:

Cat to follow

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Yawgmoft posted:

You heard it here first: being confident is a sign that everything is bad.
This has been the case for the last four months, generously speaking.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Strange cat you got there, amigo

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Mamma mia! That looks tasty.

I keep wanting to make my own pizza.

CoasterMaster
Aug 13, 2003

The Emperor of the Rides

Nap Ghost

I have a surgery later this month to remove a growth and get it biopsied and, uh, yeah, this seems accurate.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Majorian posted:

There were bad signs for Clinton in 2016 that people were deliberately ignoring, though. There's considerably less of that tonight.

I guess. But do we know we're not doing that now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Grayly Squirrel posted:

These are not 2016 vibes, and this is not 2016. In 2016 panic was starting to set in right now, not confidence.

I distinctly remember a lot of warning bells going off at about now 4 years ago.

So far so good!