Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Lmao 4 more years of trunp

gently caress me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Trumps lawyers getting warmed up in the bullpen.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

eggyolk posted:

I don't want 4 more years of the orange game-show host lying rapist.

Maybe you should have voted more?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

loooooooool

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

berserker posted:

Decision Desk HQ moves Michigan into the Trump zone
The shading is just what candidate is leading in the vote totals in that exact moment. It's not a "call."

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Baronash posted:

The shading is just what candidate is leading in the vote totals in that exact moment. It's not a "call."

That's why I said just moved into the zone

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Biden is ahead of 2016 Clinton pace when looking at % of the vote in the largest counties in Ohio:

Cuyahoga County 77% (2020) vs 66% (2016)
Franklin County 76% vs 60.5%
Hamilton County not reporting yet (was 53% in 2016)
Montgomery County 63% vs 47%
Summit County 69% vs 52%

only question is whether these totals are skewed by the early / mail in vote being counted prior to day of election vote. all of the counties are reporting at around 50% except for Hamilton.

**for what it's worth I looked at a random sampling of 5 or 6 of the bumbfuck rural counties with 50k odd voters and Biden is outpacing Clinton's percentage in those races too.

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Nov 4, 2020

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Why is this country so broken :(

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

It's starting to look like all non-white groups are showing up in far fewer numbers than expected, and Trump is taking a much bigger chunk of the ones that have voted.

Biden's "electability" argument that he could win back a lot of the suburban white vote seems to be correct in that aspect, but it's failing in general because it looks to have cost the most reliable Democratic demographics.

This bodes extremely poorly for Pennsylvania.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Does this include early voting or just in person?

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
This is fuckin stressful dudes

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Beefeater1980 posted:

Well if it’s true that older white people have broken for Biden then that means the demographic they actually care about has deserted them.

I've only seen stats out of Florida...there, they've shifted, but not by a huge amount. Not enough to offset Trump's gain among Hispanics.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Inferior Third Season posted:

It's starting to look like all non-white groups are showing up in far fewer numbers than expected, and Trump is taking a much bigger chunk of the ones that have voted.

Biden's "electability" argument that he could win back a lot of the suburban white vote seems to be correct in that aspect, but it's failing in general because it looks to have cost the most reliable Democratic demographics.

I loving told y'all.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the big brain strat of this idiot explicitly outlining that latinos aren't a part of the strategy to win is legit the dumbest thing any candidate has ever done.

even if he does end up winning this election, the consequences of this are going to turbofuck the democrats so badly in the future. saying 'gently caress it' when it comes to minorities and instead turning all their attention to old white conservatives is going to destroy them when those old white conservatives don't have a trump to vote against and minorities have been even further disillusioned by this party that clearly and explicitly does not give even one single semblance of a gently caress about them.

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell
So wait, why are people freaking out? I'm seeing biden with a 12% lead in OH with half the vote in, is there any reason to believe that won't hold or are people just burned because they wanted FL?

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

First of May posted:

Why is this country so broken :(

One party offers things that its constituents want, and the other gaslights and blackmails their constituents into voting for them.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Maybe Biden was a weak candidate and too racist to win?

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

BougieBitch posted:

So wait, why are people freaking out? I'm seeing biden with a 12% lead in OH with half the vote in, is there any reason to believe that won't hold or are people just burned because they wanted FL?

North Carolina

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

BougieBitch posted:

They’re counting mail-in first iirc.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Is the CNN Election desk known to be more optimistic? NYT and CNN have some big gaps it seems

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Starsfan posted:

Biden is ahead of 2016 Clinton pace when looking at % of the vote in the largest counties in Ohio:

Summit County 69% vs 52%

only question is whether these totals are skewed by the early / mail in vote being counted prior to day of election vote. all of the counties are reporting at around 50% except for Hamilton.

The pace does not matter. There's no way to come to conclusions unless the precincts are mostly fully reported.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

BougieBitch posted:

The mail in vote is all counted in OH which was expected to favor Biden and now it's time to finish counting the votes heavily favoring trump.

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

North Carolina

Where.... Biden is ahead?

You guys are obsessing over the needle, aren't you?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

With these kinds of numbers the odds of Trump claiming victory tonight (knowing that counting won't be finished) has to go up right? Claim these leads and continue arguing against the later counted mail ballots?

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

BougieBitch posted:

It's a question of how much polling is off, if polling isn't off as much in the midwest as it is in FL (and GA) then that bodes well for PA/WI/MI, even if OH doesn't completely close the gap. I believe OH was the most-Trump (outside of Indiana) of the Great Lakes states.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

I'm shocked.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

LegendaryFrog posted:

Where.... Biden is ahead?

You guys are obsessing over the needle, aren't you?

Yes

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

North Carolina

He’s cleaning up in wake county and beating Hilary by ~3% in rural counties?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Starsfan posted:

Summit County 69% vs 52%

trump won by 500k last time around though. those improvements have to be huge for biden to stand a chance

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

syntaxrigger posted:

Is the CNN Election desk known to be more optimistic? NYT and CNN have some big gaps it seems

Every decision desk had to completely change their formulas in light of the large early vote, almost everyone is being more cautious. Foxnews is by far the most bullish on Biden.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
why is everyone freaking out about NC? what am I missing?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Thanks for the info about Cuban-Americans, I hadn't been aware of the credit the Clintons had got among that community.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
poo poo is intense man.

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold

Inferior Third Season posted:

There's a lot more white people than minorities. That means flipping 2% of white people is as substantial as losing 10%~ of a minority population.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Biden is doing worse than expected in Florida and about as well as expected everywhere else. He’s going to win

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby
Yeah I'm not really feeling the dread yet

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/status/1323795986997669891

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

I am feeling the dread and I'm honestly not sure why.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

I don't know how they conduct polling these days but I'm drat near 40 years old and lol if I'd answer some strange number on my phone.

I don't think of myself as a trendsetter but I figure it's worse for those younger than me? Have they figured out a way around that yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

Iron Lung posted:

why is everyone freaking out about NC? what am I missing?

~The Needle~ is not very optimistic