Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
Ronnie Jackson and Madison Cawthorn both won in the House.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

Petr posted:

This is just 2016 again.

Are you Covok's alt?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I'm not going to doom post, but on the bright side if Biden does lose we don't ever have to worry about president Harris.

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?

mind the walrus posted:

Why does everyone forget Pennsyltucky? The Dems never have PA locked. Just because it's technically the Northeast doesn't mean it's automatically blue.

For all of the flaws in Biden's campaign that this night has highlighted, one smart thing was he practically moved to Pennsylvania. There's practically very little more that could have been done and if the polls missed by that much then they truly do no longer matter for anything. No, the concern for Penn. isn't the raw votes, it's the courts. Especially if it goes all the way to the new Supreme Court like Trump really wants it to.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Meatball posted:

How the gently caress can look at donald trump and see all that hes done to this country and say "yeah another four years of that please"

They like that he’s an rear end in a top hat to people they don’t like. They can try to dress it up however they want, talking about tax cuts and foreign policy, but Trump’s appeal to those folks is that he’s an unapologetic rear end in a top hat and so many of them are sick of being told to not say things or to change what they say and how they treat others.

So much of the reason lower and working class white folks love Trump is rooted in the racism they have in believing “well I may be poor white trash, but at least I’m white.” They hear Black Lives Matter, see a black man become president, and all of a sudden they aren’t as good and special as they thought and they get angry and lash out. And then boom: Trump gets elected. And they are in too deep with that cult mentality to see how A Trump administration is loving them over. Leopards eating their faces.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Shirkelton posted:

This seems deeply humiliating for the DNC.

why would you even be involved with the DNC if you weren't extremely into humiliation kink

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

this map being mostly red is making me want to vomit so I'm going to play a game for a while

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Shageletic posted:

Biden is gonna lose for incredibly obvious reasons in hindsight and honestly during the present

i doubt he loses but the fact that it's this close is disgusting. the democrats must be destroyed.

if he does win, he needs to not run for re-election in 2024 or he is going to get mondale'd.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Glumwheels posted:

This country is hosed, he’s going to embrace herd immunity and we’re going to have 400k people dead.

According to the studies on number of deaths over the norm that aren't covid we already got 400k

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe
Goodbye Cory Gardner! :wave:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

So which of these states haven't processed absentee/mail ballots yet, vs. the ones which have?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

mind the walrus posted:

Gonna get contested like loving whoa. Prepare for recounts.

Tell them to stop being so fitting for the term Pennsyltucky then.

look i get that the poor rural folk tend to vote r because they've never seen a black person before but it doesn't mean i'm not sick of 'progressives' making GBS threads on the entire region constantly even there isn't an election going on

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Gros Tarla posted:

Are you Covok's alt?

Are you reading the results?

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Geshtal posted:

No, the concern for Penn. isn't the raw votes,

6 hours ago, I would have agreed with you. Now, with what looks to be a much bigger, and more uneven, systemic polling miss than 2016, I'm not sure.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Looks like 17% of Gwinnett's votes are in and 25% of Fulton's votes are in. I wonder how the numbers will change as more of the votes are counted.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Angry_Ed posted:

A constitutional amendment of a 15/hr wage would never happen in this current climate, so that's pretty useless.
here's the trick though: most people give precisely zero shits about actual policy. if they did, trump would be gone.

people want to be sold ideas and dreams. Trump sells people this idea of a grand America where everything could be good if not for The Other and The Other depends on who you are.

the failure of liberals over and over and over again is that they sell normalcy. they sell the status quo and people don't want the status quo because their life is lovely and awful. that's why progressive policies poll incredibly well among most people. liberals focus too hard on 'how will we get it done' that people tune out and stop giving a poo poo.

if Trump wins, liberals will start blaming minorities or progressives just like in 2016 because obviously the reason why they lost is because of them not falling in line rather than their lovely choices of candidate.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Victory Position posted:

So, how about that election, eh? Was it worth the sacrifice? The turn of face? The unabashed honesty in the face of things?

Looks like it worked out, huh.

There’s so much time left lol

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

GreenBuckanneer posted:

this map being mostly red is making me want to vomit so I'm going to play a game for a while

Don't forget that most of America is loving empty.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Wilbur Swain posted:

Ronnie Jackson and Madison Cawthorn both won in the House.

So did Cori Bush.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Petey posted:

6 hours ago, I would have agreed with you. Now, with what looks to be a much bigger, and more uneven, systemic polling miss than 2016, I'm not sure.

You can't call is a systemic polling miss until we see the Rustbelt outcomes. Right now everything we're seeing is in the MOE from the polls we had.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Shageletic posted:

Biden is gonna lose for incredibly obvious reasons in hindsight and honestly during the present

I still don't think he's losing but I think we're going to look back at our 'lol biden's gonna blow trump out' poo poo and wonder how the gently caress we were that dumb

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

FZeroRacer posted:

here's the trick though: most people give precisely zero shits about actual policy. if they did, trump would be gone.

people want to be sold ideas and dreams. Trump sells people this idea of a grand America where everything could be good if not for The Other and The Other depends on who you are.

the failure of liberals over and over and over again is that they sell normalcy. they sell the status quo and people don't want the status quo because their life is lovely and awful. that's why progressive policies poll incredibly well among most people. liberals focus too hard on 'how will we get it done' that people tune out and stop giving a poo poo.

if Trump wins, liberals will start blaming minorities or progressives just like in 2016 because obviously the reason why they lost is because of them not falling in line rather than their lovely choices of candidate.

Has nothing to do with what I said (and as pointed out Biden also is for a $15/hr minimum wage) so...ok?

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
gently caress everything

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Shirkelton posted:

This seems deeply humiliating for the DNC.

So? This is their kink.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Is Biden going to pick up any states Clinton lost and which ones? It's looking like only Pennsylvania to me.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Aaand there goes the Senate.https://twitter.com/speechboy71/status/1323819629463162880

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Why aren't there results for Maine yet? 6% with Collins still a viable candidate?!

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Most cities arent counted yet; this is really gonna take forever. Detroit is like 10 percent counted, Ann Arbor isn't, nor any other city in MI, so this is just a pain where it's going to take forever.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm starting to get nervous.

Gadfly
Dec 21, 2018

"It would be a much better country if women did not vote. That is simply a fact."

Nucleic Acids posted:

I don’t think it’s going to be depoliticization as much as it is a realignment, probably along cultural lines like Matt Christman said.

Hm? Can you repeat what Matt Christman said about cultural lines? Like Latinos are going to be the next conservative bloc vote? Curious what Matt said.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

BougieBitch posted:

Is there any substance to this other than one tweet for 3 hours ago about in-person exit polls?

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trump-is-losing-ground-with-white-voters-but-gaining-among-black-and-hispanic-americans

quote:

Trump has also gained real ground among nonwhite voters. To be clear, he still trails Biden considerably with these groups, but in UCLA Nationscape’s polling over the past month, he was down by 39 points with these voters, a double-digit improvement from his 53-point deficit in 2016.

While older Black voters look as if they’ll vote for Biden by margins similar to Clinton’s in 2016, Trump’s support among young Black voters (18 to 44) has jumped from around 10 percent in 2016 to 21 percent in UCLA Nationscape’s polling. Black voters remain an overwhelmingly Democratic-leaning constituency, but a notable reduction in their support could still be a problem for Biden.

Economics apparently matters more than identity for a sizeable number of minority voters.
https://youtu.be/IhZU9-WT1VM

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Bashez posted:

Is Biden going to pick up any states Clinton lost and which ones? It's looking like only Pennsylvania to me.

Too early to tell.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This is turning into a worst case scenario. I don't know how much more I can watch.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

mediaphage posted:

look i get that the poor rural folk tend to vote r because they've never seen a black person before but it doesn't mean i'm not sick of 'progressives' making GBS threads on the entire region constantly even there isn't an election going on
That's fair. Provincial elitism is a huge reason the DNC can never make inroads there to begin with.

Angry_Ed posted:

Has nothing to do with what I said (and as pointed out Biden also is for a $15/hr minimum wage) so...ok?
I'm almost ready to toxx that Biden-- if elected-- will never raise the minimum wage, much less to $15/hr.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

https://twitter.com/BrianMc_Fadden/status/1323816291023638529

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

fool of sound posted:

The takeaway is that even if Biden wins, which is still probably odds on? it's catastrophic for the democratic coalition as minorities depoliticize
My betting site has Trump at 71% to win

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
I'm so glad I'm not actually from the US lmao I'd be going bald rn.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Bashez posted:

The hope is PA, WI and MI for a win.

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

If the presidential vote is within challenge range so is that race

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
But but this is different than 2016 because reasons

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Nov 4, 2020