Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

FuturePastNow posted:

lol

He even capitalized Poles.

Lmao thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

FBS posted:

There's no universe in which Trump + R senate is better than Biden + R senate

Yeah you are right. I was being facetious should have made it clearer.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Bubbacub posted:

Ah, ok. The latest update is a little more sane.

https://twitter.com/murshedz/status/1323867067863375872?s=20

This is really good news. Lisa Savage is very progressive and her campaign message was her telling people to vote for her first and Gideon second (which I did). Max Linn is a total Trumper though, so expect his votes to go to Collins, but if it closes by 2-3% or so I think Gideon has this.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Those numbers nerds over at Fox were pretty sure of their numbers when they told Karl Rove off...

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

General Election Liveposting Thread: I'm sorry, we're not wrong

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

That'd be really nice and also it wouldn't loving work. Nobody cares. Especially nobody cares when Donald Trump just revealed that you can smash norms and tell people to go gently caress themselves, and get poo poo done, and in the face of a Republican Senate if Biden can't do that to deliver even on the meager promises he made to his base of like, old Republicans or whatever the hell the Dems are pinning their hopes and dreams on now, then he and his party are going to eat poo poo and they're going to deserve it.

And, hell, those Republicans voting for him this year, in whatever numbers, even if they do end up pushing him over the line tonight, are still going to vote Republican in 2022 and 2024. So yeah maybe the Senate doesn't matter either way.

A huge part of being able to destroy all of that poo poo was having a Senate to cover for you the whole time. Not just on impeachment, but also on appointments.

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?

Do... do the bot programmers think Alaska is a different country?

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

davecrazy posted:

Daily Kos:

Seems kinda bearish on Wisconsin?

meanwhile on 538

quote:

With 72 percent of the expected vote in from Wisconsin, Trump leads by a little more than 4 points and around 114,000 votes. But in terms of what’s left, it might be enough to put Biden over the top. The big story is Milwaukee County, where only 36 percent of the expected vote is in. That along with 10 percent of the expected vote left out in deep-blue Dane County (Madison) leaves things very much up in the air.

won't get figured out tonight, anyway

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

berserker posted:

Those numbers nerds over at Fox were pretty sure of their numbers when they told Karl Rove off...

Fox News's numbers nerds do seem to know what they're doing.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
God, work is going to suck tomorrow.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Trump called for Texas

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The Supreme Court declares that because there is no unified president, there will instead be a Raw president and a Smackdown president.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Geshtal posted:

Well they *are* Russian.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Looks like Montana is going to go hard R. But all the weed votes passed, so I guess people can do that now.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

finally FINALLY some numbers trickling in from Nevada and they're good so far
https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/1323868530106793986

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Hellworld map

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I parsed it as a dogwhistle Klansman I Am, but i suppose it could be both.

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

Mulva posted:

Well they *are* Russian.

I mean, if anyone should remember who they sold Alaska to...

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
*tears in my eyes* packing up and leaving behind my brand new KIA, I am a real human being

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Kreeblah posted:

If your idea of a GOP supermajority in both houses and a GOP president in 2024 is "the best possible outcome", sure. If Biden wins and does jack poo poo (regardless of whether he has a friendly legislature) during a combo pandemic and recession, the Dems are going to be hosed in 2022 and 2024 because all of Trump's bad decisions are going to get hung around his neck as the effects start rolling in.

gently caress

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

CockOctopus posted:

Come on blueball states, make a move. I can't fall asleep like this.

More like blueball states

e; I swear to Christ this read as Bluebell when I first saw it

I'm exhausted please forgive

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Nov 4, 2020

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

DrNutt posted:

*tears in my eyes* packing up and leaving behind my brand new KIA, I am a real human being

If only Alaska was connected to the mainland US by roads. If only.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Kreeblah posted:

If your idea of a GOP supermajority in both houses and a GOP president in 2024 is "the best possible outcome", sure. If Biden wins and does jack poo poo (regardless of whether he has a friendly legislature) during a combo pandemic and recession, the Dems are going to be hosed in 2022 and 2024 because all of Trump's bad decisions are going to get hung around his neck as the effects start rolling in.

Straight into my veins. That's some insane doomposting lmao.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Geshtal posted:

The only currently existing loophole to enter Canada while the COVID border lockdown is still in effect is to claim that you're driving to Alaska :eng101:

While we were in the first wave phase, at least a few hundred people told CBP agents they were "driving to Alaska" and then just hosed off and disappeared into the Canadian wilderness and went on camping vacations or to Vancouver or Victoria or similar places before the cops and the RCMP tracked them down and kicked them out.

Again, these are bots, but they're talking about a very real ditch and dodge strategy that actual Americans have employed before.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Yeah, but how is Kanye doing?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

1.9 million votes have been counted in Arizona. 2.3 million people voted in 2018. Biden has a 300K lead. I'll tell you this, in person voting turnout wasn't 300K today. There's a reason why this is being called.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Now that trump is "up" I'm expecting him to demand a spotlight.

Hold onto your loved ones.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

If Biden loses AZ and WI I don't think he has a path anymore

Georgia/MI/Penn

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

DreamingofRoses posted:

God, work is going to suck tomorrow.

You shoulda taken a day off.

Assuming your job has that flexibility. I admit my wife and I have some privilege there that some don't.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

You're one of those people that thinks land votes, huh?

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

https://twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/status/1323869530104438784
NE-2 called for Biden

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
I don't think Biden can keep AZ.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I *hope* to wake up and saber/chug my victory champagne.

I expect instead to still be racked with anxiety and order a comfort pizza.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

HonorableTB posted:

Why not? Looking at it on the county level it looks pretty good for him.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Republicans posted:

Why not? Looking at it on the county level it looks pretty good for him.

i was apparently arzying, disregard

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

538 bullish on WI and PA, in part due to things like this
https://twitter.com/tripgabriel/status/1323870684028829696

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I think a low-key story right now is that the polls seem to be as wildly far off as people imagine the 2016 polls were. Either we are going to see some pretty crazy swings the rest of the night and tomorrow, or I'm not sure what.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

HonorableTB posted:

i was apparently arzying, disregard

We all deserve a bit of Arzy tonight this has been a hell ride.

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

HonorableTB posted:

Fox News seems pretty confident, and god help us, they have been the best projectors all evening. They haven't called it, but they feel Wisconsin and Michigan will go Biden. With Nebraska 2nd now called, all Biden needs is any one remaining state to win. It's not a good night, but it will be a technically victorious one. I'll content myself with seeing Trump flee state charges after January 21st, and the knowledge that however messed up the next four years will be, under Trump it would absolutely have been 10x worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Simplex posted:

I think a low-key story right now is that the polls seem to be as wildly far off as people imagine the 2016 polls were. Either we are going to see some pretty crazy swings the rest of the night and tomorrow, or I'm not sure what.

I mean given the nature of how hosed up and staggered the vote counts are crazy swings are definitely possible.