Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Scholtz posted:

I don't like that lesson, because she didn't meet her older self, she just saw her older self.

Fortunately, "saw" is the word Kat used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Hempuli posted:

I kinda keep worrying that Kat is going to do the thing where she keeps talking about Annie and Paz gets frustrated but this page looks like that won't be the direction where this is going.
I like the lesson Kat took from the Norns - "I met older me who had their stuff together and though 'I wanna be like that!'" Imagine being able to do that IRL.

It'd be awful, because I'd be incredibly jealous and also deeply resentful of how condescending I'd be about having taken care of my poo poo and am now rubbing my nose in it.

Same way I despise all my previous versions of myself for being for idiotic and annoying. Watching kid me in old home movies is loving unbearable.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Ah, another pretender to the ChibiSoma throne.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Kerning Chameleon posted:

It'd be awful, because I'd be incredibly jealous and also deeply resentful of how condescending I'd be about having taken care of my poo poo and am now rubbing my nose in it.

Same way I despise all my previous versions of myself for being for idiotic and annoying. Watching kid me in old home movies is loving unbearable.

Personally if I saw now or later me when I was much younger it would have helped massively, can't deny that I'm Trans when the evidence is right in front of me.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

skaianDestiny posted:

I like the part where they sexualized an underage girl to prove a point.

I know it hurts to accept the fact that Kat is basically just PG Kimiko Ross but the truth will set you free of both bad and ploddingly mediocre webcomics.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

I know it hurts to accept the fact that Kat is basically just PG Kimiko Ross but the truth will set you free of both bad and ploddingly mediocre webcomics.

why are you still posting here if you don't like this comic anymore? just move on like the rest of us.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

You've been complaining about this comic since about 2014, Kat specifically (I checked your post history in this thread). Maybe we shouldn't take advice on setting oneself free from someone who's been attached to something they don't enjoy for 6 years.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Seems weird for someone with a Sleepless Domain avatar to claim that all wlw in comics are for sex appeal.

Also, Kat's plots are not about her Big Science Brain. Kat's storylines are about her place in the robots' cosmic origin story and her position as a potential deity, and how this affects her relationships. Now I haven't read Dresden Codak in a very very long time but I don't remember the girl in that being anything more than a "hey, this girl likes science!" sort of thing.

Tenebrais fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Oct 29, 2020

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Whatever character trait overlap there is between Kat and Kimiko, none of the reasons Dresden Kodack is bad are in that overlap.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Ah, yes, Paz gave Annie a nudge. Just like Jagganoth is nudging things along in K6BD.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

"What a beautiful night... for a bitch out."

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Yeah, this is ringing pretty hollow. Paz ganged up on Annie, threw a fit, and told her she didn't deserve to be Kat's friend. That was lovely. It feels really weird to have Kat saying it's no big deal since the conflict was between Paz and Annie.

I hope Paz apologizes to Annie because the gist of what Kat is saying here us true, but this is not a good way to resolve things.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

The way annie explained it was, quote, "Paz came to us a little while ago. She's under the impression that we're making things difficult for you". But it sounds like she brought up literally ganging up on her later on, so did she also tell her about :

Paz outright blamed her for all this (twice!)
https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2250
https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2253
Or that Paz outright said NOT to talk to Kat about this or that Annie doesnt deserve to be her friends
https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2252
Or that the only reason Paz left at all is because Zimmy & Gamma butted into it
https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2254

"I hope you don't think I was trying to come between you two...." indeed

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Annie probably doesn't want Kat to worry about the conflict between her and Paz. And Kat probably doesn't want to bring herself to see the girl she loves in such a bad light, even if it's true. I reckon there's a bit of a motivated telephone-game going on between these summaries of the events. It's gonna be on Paz herself to realise how lovely she was.

Also, Annie is still confident she could snap Paz like a twig, and she automatically outnumbers anyone. So she probably doesn't see any need to play up Paz's attempt to be threatening.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Annie literally outnumbers Paz too.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Tenebrais posted:

Also, Annie is still confident she could snap Paz like a twig, and she automatically outnumbers anyone. So she probably doesn't see any need to play up Paz's attempt to be threatening.

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
Annie knows Judo and can turn herself into tower of flames that scared off a forest golem like 4x her size, I don't think she will ever feel physically threatened by many of the people in her life.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i enjoy reading this comic even i don't post here much, 10/10 needs more lesbians

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

You can socially bully people who could beat the poo poo out of you.

The real issue is that Paz was absolutely trying to get between Annie and Kat. The fact that she is heavily implying to Kat the she would never do such a thing is no bueno.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Thread: hateship with RED ended, now PAZ is my worst character

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

RED dressing like a Fairy Military Jackboot and Goosestepped out of the plot.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Is that Boaty McFleshface comming up in the distance?

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
Hehe, you and me both Zimmy!

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Well this came out of nowhere. :gonk:

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

So, is this part of the chapter, or just a reaction to current events?

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I see Tom's adjusted to American life well.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Rahul posted:

¿Por que no los dos?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Oh that’s just how you look during Daily Scream Time. You just don’t realize it because you don’t see yourself during it.

... Do... do you guys not have Daily Scream Time?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Bussamove posted:

... Do... do you guys not have Daily Scream Time?

You mean the waking hours?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Kennel posted:

You mean the waking hours?

I try to keep it to a tight six hours but whatever works for you!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Well Kat did say she thought things will be okay. So it only makes sense that Zimmy has a meltdown.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Zimmy just tired of all these birds.

So many birds.

Can't move for all the birds.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

impeccable timing here, tom

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Rahul posted:

Pretty sure it's intentionally following "everything's going to be fine" from the last page.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Bruceski posted:

Pretty sure it's intentionally following "everything's going to be fine" from the last page.
Studies show that declaring everything to be fine or okay is the leading cause of poo poo Popping Off, bosses transforming into their true form, and many other unfortunately timed disasters. If you or a loved one are secondary characters close to a protagonist, call the Genre Awareness Hotline today, and get educated. The knowledge you gain could very well save a life.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Big mood, Zimmy. For a second I literally thought she was wearing an 'I voted' sticker

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

The last few pages have given me a rising sense of dread. What a payoff for that.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
its been a long time since this comic had a narrative threat

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

kidcoelacanth posted:

impeccable timing here, tom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I have never felt a comic more than this right now.