Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
SC attracts all sorts.

In this snuff movie a citizen enjoys an armistice zone bug by killing immortal NPCs for 8 minutes

https://i.imgur.com/B4wzkkh.mp4

They particularly like the invisible knife kill

https://i.imgur.com/AiAc7JT.mp4

Glitchy rubberised limbs everywhere...

Pixelate fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Nov 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
Death of a Salesman

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

That level of subsumption is astounding.

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019
I like how the NPC wakes up from his death thinking he's holding a gun. Did they forget to mocap "stand up without gun"??

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Mirificus posted:

terrifying delusions

So I know this weirdo doesn't spell it out here but I am absolutely certain that he's envisioning the 'triage nurse' as a woman and the medic as a man. There's just no way that that is not his world view.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

CitizenKain posted:

Space is full of rocks that have ore, why go all the way to a gravity well to grab iron, when there are rocks in space full of it?

because people are obsessed with people like elon musk but have never even heard of people like gerard o'neill

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Because mining gameplay

https://i.imgur.com/dJnI4D0.mp4

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

commando in tophat posted:

I like how the NPC wakes up from his death thinking he's holding a gun. Did they forget to mocap "stand up without gun"??

Way to spoil the moment where the triator Garry Oldman gets back up with a gun and shoots some one important.

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

I'm working on starting my own business and the process of figuring out the logistics, supply chain, working out costs and pricing, and talking to suppliers has become an ongoing nightmarish chore. And these people want to do all that, not for actual real money, but in a space game where they could be flying around shooting lasers and having space adventures.

Reminds me of:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Depending on who you ask, it's vitally important and worth paying a premium for, or a "nice to have" that doesn't matter much but is a tiny, tiny benefit for hardcore backers, so it's ok that not everyone can get it.

The reality is that no one knows what it actually means, much less the devs, so at some point they'll have to decide exactly what they made people pay for and create it, and inevitably no one will be be happy with what it is.

Or, alternatively, they'll keep kicking the can down the road forever and people will keep paying for whatever they believe LTI is in their heads.

The alternative seems to be you buy a ship, have no insurance, and it gets blown up you lose it permanently.

That will cause a great disturbance amongst the paying rubes.

So no idea what LTI or insurance is supposed to mean, but probably it will result in some kind of timer being longer or shorter because CIG likes timers.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

The Titanic posted:

The alternative seems to be you buy a ship, have no insurance, and it gets blown up you lose it permanently.

That will cause a great disturbance amongst the paying rubes.

So no idea what LTI or insurance is supposed to mean, but probably it will result in some kind of timer being longer or shorter because CIG likes timers.

LTI exists because "insurance" exists in EVE. LTI is basically the shorthand version of Star Citizen as a whole. It's a completely undefined concept that allows backers to freely extrapolate what it could be based on their knowledge of actual existing games. Same goes for mining, bounty hunting, salvage - all that poo poo. They don't exist in Star Citizen, nor have they even begun to design them in any way. But other games have versions of those things, so backers just copy/paste that knowledge onto the empty Star Citizen template and begin theorycrafting.

That's what Star Citizen is. A template for dreams.txt that backers fill with other games. It's like a new form of passive plagiarism.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/1323387264920035328

Weekly Wisdom: The New UEE Imperator posted:

Yesterday we announced the UEE Imperator election winner, with Laylani Addison stepping up to lead the UEE into the future. If you missed this historic moment, you can catch up here.

The Imperial Election Bureau provided the official result in detail:

Laylani Addison: 45.42%
Titus Costigan: 17.89%
Illyana Sharrad: 14.18%
Paul LeSalle: 13.53%
Mira Ngo: 8.98%

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

I notice that the actual numbers are not being released.
:gary:

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

So the imperator wins as a plurality? I mean no run off or being forced to work with other parties to create a consolidated gov't?

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.
Just want to show what real open development looks like as far as keeping people in the loop:

https://forum.starbasegame.com/forums/progress-reports.38/

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Pixelate posted:

Ramp, clip & death. The holy trinity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2GjdlXKeYQ

Obviously the best thing here would be if after this happens, the guy goes into a "dying" state and can be resurrected for at least 24 hours, where he has to wait for a doctor to help him. If he makes it, his character can resurrect with some kind of deformity.

If he doesn't make it and 24 hours goes by, his "resurrection" count goes down by one more and he is recreated as his next of kin. Once the resurrect timer runs out everything he's earned is just gone and he has the opportunity to start a fresh character with nothing. :)

Clearly the game is in a perfect state where starting on crippling injury and permanent aftermath results is the next big priority. Get on it! :)

marumaru
May 20, 2013

monkeytek posted:

Just want to show what real open development looks like as far as keeping people in the loop:

that barebones toy of an excuse for a space game does not even compare to star citizen.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

Inacio posted:

that barebones toy of an excuse for a space game does not even compare to star citizen.

You have insulted my honour!

Dreams.txt at 20 paces tomorrow morning out by CIG Santa Monica!

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

i only just realized that logo is supposed to be UEE and not UEG. what kind of idiot logo designer has two sequential letters with totally different letterforms. even the most basic thing cannot be done well

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

commando in tophat posted:

Haha! “Back to the mocap studio everyone! What do you mean they’re asleep? MY VISION WILL NOT BE STOPPED!”.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

If those poll numbers aren't made up, which CIG would never have a history of doing, then the smallest total number of votes compatible with those percentages (assuming correct rounding) is 2750, with the candidates receiving 247, 372, 390, 492, and 1249 votes respectively. (The total number of votes could well be larger -- this only shows that 2750 is the most pessimistic possible "honest" scenario.)

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Scruffpuff posted:

LTI exists because "insurance" exists in EVE. LTI is basically the shorthand version of Star Citizen as a whole. It's a completely undefined concept that allows backers to freely extrapolate what it could be based on their knowledge of actual existing games. Same goes for mining, bounty hunting, salvage - all that poo poo. They don't exist in Star Citizen, nor have they even begun to design them in any way. But other games have versions of those things, so backers just copy/paste that knowledge onto the empty Star Citizen template and begin theorycrafting.

That's what Star Citizen is. A template for dreams.txt that backers fill with other games. It's like a new form of passive plagiarism.

wasnt LTI basically a cheatcode they handed to the early supporters?
the mindset of early backers was to get LTI and thus be invincible when they open the floodgates and the plebs arrive.
who were supposed to arrive because this would be the game to end all games.
which never happened.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Haha! “Back to the mocap studio everyone! What do you mean they’re asleep? MY VISION WILL NOT BE STOPPED!”.

sleeping should also be mocapped in the bdsse, there is one thing i cannot stand in my spacevidjagame, if npcs dont sleep realistically

BumbleOne fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Nov 4, 2020

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Bumble He posted:

wasnt LTI basically a cheatcode they handed to the early supporters?
the mindset of early backers was to get LTI and thus be invincible when they open the floodgates and the plebs arrive.
who were supposed to arrive because this would be the game to end all games.
which never happened.

LTI has never been defined, to my knowlege.

They don't have death mechanics.
Not "They don't have death mechanics in the game yet"
but They don't know how death is going to work yet, even on paper.

The value of LTI cannot be known until we know what not having LTI means.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Jonny Nox posted:

LTI has never been defined, to my knowlege.

They don't have death mechanics.
Not "They don't have death mechanics in the game yet"
but They don't know how death is going to work yet, even on paper.

The value of LTI cannot be known until we know what not having LTI means.

Look at this FUD. I direct you to Death of a Spaceman for all the correct information on this topic.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

CeeJee posted:

Death of a Salesman

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

monkeytek posted:

Or even just regular development.. the notes from the 2.0 patch for Squadrons is solid af and pretty much addresses most of what the community had been clamoring about. This is on the heels of the patch a few weeks back that fixed the VR fps issues among other things that they didn't even bother to do a writeup of let alone trumpeting it citizen style.

https://old.reddit.com/r/StarWarsSquadrons/comments/jnzb9a/update_20_release_notes/

What a stark contrast to the threadbare negative progress patches of sc that at best deliver some broken poo poo no one asked for or wanted while punting 5 year old game breaking bugs and inventing new ones. Just buy a loving Idris already is what I'm saying.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

https://i.imgur.com/7CR7XFL.mp4

I'm glad of it

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

:stare:

I have nothing to say that others haven't already, but this is loving insane. Yes, people are totally going to fight each other for the privilege of slaving away for your benefit rather than just playing something fun instead.

Also, thanks to the goons in this thread I've gone from not understanding Obra Dinn at all to having 36 out of 60 fates solved. Thanks, goons! :)

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

boviscopophobic posted:

If those poll numbers aren't made up, which CIG would never have a history of doing, then the smallest total number of votes compatible with those percentages (assuming correct rounding) is 2750, with the candidates receiving 247, 372, 390, 492, and 1249 votes respectively. (The total number of votes could well be larger -- this only shows that 2750 is the most pessimistic possible "honest" scenario.)

That's such an embarrasingly low number that it must be true. Thanks for doing the math.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.
But what about all the NPC votes?

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

AngusPodgorny posted:

But what about all the NPC votes?

Duh, those are civilians, only citizens can vote!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBxgrr0wL8M&t=39s

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
i hereby claim that star citizen is not a scam

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Danknificent posted:

i hereby claim that star citizen is not a scam

:vince:

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

boviscopophobic posted:

I can just see in the next staff meeting, chris telling everyone he was real dissapointed that only 35% of the staff remebered to vote despite multiple reminders we really have to do better next time or we are going to have to get an engagement consultant in.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

CeeJee posted:

Death of a Salesman

:lol:

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Scruffpuff posted:

while It's a completely undefined concept that allows backers to freely extrapolate what it could be and they were straight up told it was going be like X but richer, more detailed and more complex and more fun !!

take mining what dose fully detailed mining look like? not a recomended watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3VLrBS-3z4

It's just amazing that people just jump to dreams instead of thinking logically, would adding this into my spaceship game make it better? how can any of this mesh in? if i love minnig so much why dont i just go and play mining simulator? would mining simulator be better if i could clip through the floor or be ganked at any point for my megar wealth ?

$150 Dollars for the starter ship ! it must be epic im in

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Vandals looking good

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/9prrneucdubxqr/mp4/StarCitizen_Squadron42_VanduulAttacks.mp4

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

This looks like someones very early stages Counter Strike mod.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

imagine how agonizingly boring insanely gripping it will be to go through the exact same few attack animations and kill your zillionth vandul dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Maybe i'm over thinking this but they look very familiar. They look a lot like the alien soldiers in crysis 2