Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Wemple’s article on that in the Washington Post deserves to be read while listening to “Ether,” my goodness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/netw3rk/status/1323294054939983872?s=19

jason nooooo how did you somehow downgrade from working for bill simmons

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

MourningView posted:

Hey man, they're doing vital work

https://twitter.com/crookedmedia/status/1323286308492660737?s=20

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

legit question, who the hell is Crooked Media

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

DJExile posted:

Podcast network started by some former Obama staffers

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Very excited for the coming episodes of Neolib Desktop, featuring one podjon in the Chipotle Mayo corner dropping targeted drone takes on how better things aren't possible.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DJExile posted:

I envy you so much.

The douchey obama bros from Pod Save America (formerly Keeping it 1600 at the ringer) started an infuriatingly successful podcast network.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Binge mode the west wing

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

MourningView posted:

He heard John Favreau and said before he realized it wasn't Jon Favreau.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

morestuff posted:

Podcast network started by some former Obama staffers

MourningView posted:

I envy you so much.

The douchey obama bros from Pod Save America (formerly Keeping it 1600 at the ringer) started an infuriatingly successful podcast network.

jesus christ :stare:

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

barf but hey get your coin man

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

Binge mode the west wing

Lololol

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Crooked Media sucks content wise but as an employer I’d imagine they’re much better than the Ringer.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Huh, due to the name I'd assumed that Crooked Media had something to do with Crooked Timber, the lefty academic blog.

Clearly I didn't pay very close attention.

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
I don’t really have interest in listening to politics through podcasts, but there is waaay too much genuine villainy and scum out there worthy of my contempt for me to get mad Obama-era douchey neoliberals who are (I assume) ultimately trying to make the world a genuinely better place.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Oh honey

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

So It Goes posted:

I don’t really have interest in listening to politics through podcasts, but there is waaay too much genuine villainy and scum out there worthy of my contempt for me to get mad Obama-era douchey neoliberals who are (I assume) ultimately trying to make the world a genuinely better place.

NARRATOR: they aren't

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
better for whomst

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
So.

I think they think they are trying to make the world better.

Are they?

No.

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
Clearly I don’t know enough about these guys and what they are up to.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

So It Goes posted:

They are just neolibs. And online neolibs are hated to a comical degree.

Despite most people you probably work for being either conservative or if you are lucky a neolib.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

So It Goes posted:

Neoliberal is functionally just being conservative without social policy dragging it down.

Granted that tends to supporting the same social policy but hey it’s not personal

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Dexo posted:

They are just neolibs. And online neolibs are hated to a comical degree.

Despite most people you probably work for being either conservative or if you are lucky a neolib.

most people hate their bosses though, so i would say those political beliefs are symptomatic of the qualities that make a bad boss

sports

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

So It Goes posted:

just ad an example, the guy behind the enormous Lyft campaign which is basically "let's get around all labor laws by inventing a new class of contractor that totally isn't an employee" that is basically Lochner era bullshit, is an ex Obama finance guy

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
this seems bad

https://twitter.com/AndrewMarchand/status/1324337493718814720

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

just ad an example, the guy behind the enormous Lyft campaign which is basically "let's get around all labor laws by inventing a new class of contractor that totally isn't an employee" that is basically Lochner era bullshit, is an ex Obama finance guy

he’s also up for a cabinet position that he will almost definitely get

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

I like how a bunch of comments right now are "GO WOKE GO BROKE" as if we're not in the midst of a pandemic that crippled the economy and essentially destroyed media ad sales for the foreseeable future but yeah, its the woke politics that caused this.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The CLO of Uber is a former Associate Attorney General under Obama and brother-in-law of Kamala Harris.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

https://mobile.twitter.com/redford/status/1324453078599229440

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Defector had a good article up today about the ABL, a basketball pro league that got destroyed by the nascent WNBA.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

R.D. Mangles posted:

Defector had a good article up today about the ABL, a basketball pro league that got destroyed by the nascent WNBA.

seattle reign (ABL) was always a much cooler name than seattle storm (WNBA)

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/BobLeyESPN/status/1324423477445726212?s=20

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

dang bob don’t get fired

Mr. Fix It posted:

seattle reign (ABL) was always a much cooler name than seattle storm (WNBA)

that name plays great in spokane

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

dang bob don’t get fired

He's retired.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/DefectorMedia/status/1324817606721896450

simmons posted:

I had a friend ask me yesterday why I thought white people who made less than $50,000 a year would ever in a million years vote for Trump, given what happened the last four years. Like what would their incentive be? And I said to me it was more a vote about everything that wasn’t Trump. It was about, you know, a reaction to cancel culture, and the woke left, and celebrities, and kind of being told what to do.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

quote:

I had a friend ask me yesterday why I thought white people who made less than $50,000 a year would ever in a million years vote for Trump, given what happened the last four years. Like what would their incentive be? And I said to me it was more a vote about everything that wasn’t Trump. It was about, you know, a reaction to cancel culture, and the woke left, and celebrities, and kind of being told what to do.
Bill Simmons

:bisonyes:

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

I am shocked to find that the guy who used to produce movies for Disney until his original boutique hands-on website hounded a trans woman into suicide thinks The Wokes are the problem!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

all the GenX media people whose entire worldview has been replaced by melting down because someone told them to shut the gently caress up on twitter are weak and not forged in the fires of spending their entire young adulthood getting flamed on message boards.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

R.D. Mangles posted:

all the GenX media people whose entire worldview has been replaced by melting down because someone told them to shut the gently caress up on twitter are weak and not forged in the fires of spending their entire young adulthood getting flamed on message boards.

They’re all sex pests and just sweating through their oversized collars hoping no one wants to go through the bullshit of calling them out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The only people in the world he still talks to who make less than $50,000 a year all work for him and they seem pretty left leaning so not sure how he arrived at this conclusion!