Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

You’re not gonna get off on a technicality if you don’t DO A BURNOUT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Nice car and color.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

got off on a technicality posted:

Hello AI I have done a thing

It's a 2019 Lamborghini Huracan LP580-2 Spyder, I just bought it with a little under 3,000 miles, and it is the stupidest financial decision I have ever made (but also the best)

gently caress. YES. DIRECTLY INTO MY VEINS.

Also,

Bape Culture posted:

Do

A

Burnout

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

God drat that color is amazing. Now do a burnout.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

It's a 2019 Lamborghini Huracan LP580-2 Spyder, I just bought it with a little under 3,000 miles, and it is the stupidest financial decision I have ever made (but also the best)

Post more about this car. Make an entire thread dedicated to it. I'm obsessed with supercar ownership and want to know everything about it.

The first thing I want to know is what it's like to do a burnout.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

I heard burnouts coming from the post your own ride area of the forum, is it real?

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

The Huracan is so much prettier than the old Gallardo it's not fair, especially in that color.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Is that a wrap or the actual paint color?

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I am into that bull and strong agree that it’s a very good color.

It would be cool if you posted about super car ownership like mentioned above. How many miles do you think you’ll put on it? What other cars did you cross shop? Do you have an intended length of time you’ll keep it? Now that you’ve made that significant leap in your car life do you see yourself ever not having one of these?

It’s cool.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Somewhat Heroic posted:

It would be cool if you posted about super car ownership like mentioned above. How many miles do you think you’ll put on it? What other cars did you cross shop? Do you have an intended length of time you’ll keep it? Now that you’ve made that significant leap in your car life do you see yourself ever not having one of these?

Am also interested in hearing about this kind of stuff.

Also, burnouts are required.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

TrueChaos posted:

Am also interested in hearing about this kind of stuff.

Same, but don't feel pressured to do burnouts for internet cred. AI has scared off pretty much every super car owner in the past over dumb poo poo.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Suburban Dad posted:

Same, but don't feel pressured to do burnouts for internet cred. AI has scared off pretty much every super car owner in the past over dumb poo poo.

Untrue. The most recent Lambo owner was only run off because he packpedalled with " but m-m-m-my $$$ c-c-c-clutch" as a fear response to the burnout tax.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Suburban Dad posted:

He’s not going to shag you mate

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

meatpimp posted:

Untrue. The most recent Lambo owner was only run off because he packpedalled with " but m-m-m-my $$$ c-c-c-clutch" as a fear response to the burnout tax.

His car, his choice. Lest you forget blowdog and probably others I'm forgetting

Bape Culture posted:

He’s not going to shag you mate
...good?

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Nov 2, 2020

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Fine give it to me and I'll do it *spends 5 minutes trying to open the door*

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

um excuse me posted:

Fine give it to me and I'll do it *spends 5 minutes trying to open the door*

You never open a car door before or

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I never posted my SH article in here I realised

http://www.speedhunters.com/2020/10/rising-from-the-crashes-the-phoenix-m3/

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

KakerMix posted:

Reminds me of an old top gear bit with a tvr.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

KakerMix posted:

Pal you wish you opened as many as I have *searches more frantically*

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

Suburban Dad posted:

What ever happened to that twin turbo? R8 that was posted somewhere on these forums? I remember seeing pictures of it in the service position with all the rear bodywork removed but I don’t remember what happened after that. I know I didn’t see a burnout...

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

stop lest you be run out!! Also,

Do

A

Burnout

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I'll be the lone dissenting opinion because I'm not a fan of the color, and when I first saw it this morning on my cell phone I thought maybe it was white with a bad white balance on the camera.

But that doesn't matter at all because that is a Lamborghini so it's awesome and I'm jealous.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Skimmed the US/Mexico border towards the desert in California today. The Border Patrol agents don't give a single poo poo about speeding.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

God I love Lambos.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I am into that bull and strong agree that it’s a very good color.

It’s cool.

I've always wondered just what it's like to be out in the world in a supercar. My car could easily be mistaken for a $25k V6 and I still get stared at at red lights, and have to have conversations with random strangers at gas stations, so I can't imagine what it's like to drive something so unlike the rest of what's on the road.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Whoa this is very very good.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Went for a drive in the mountains yesterday morning and saw a Testarossa. What rad cars.

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear
I'm a huge pussy about certain kinds of hooliganism in public (like burnouts/donuts) but I promise I'll find a legal way to do it. I intend to drive the piss out of the car at the track so I'm not worried about stuff wearing out and I hate the OEM Pirellis anyway

Will make a thread soon, in the meantime here is my weekly grocery shopping in the frunk

Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

The Oldest Man posted:

Is that a wrap or the actual paint color?

Actual color. It's Celeste Phoebe, which is an "Ad Personam" color, and there are very few that come this way (Cepheus is much more common and darker). IIRC this was available on the Gallardo at launch, and that's about it

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I absolutely cannot wait to see footage of this on track! Are you going to get some tuition? I imagine it’s gonna be a lot more lairy than the cayman. Are you near Laguna seca? Driving this on there would be my absolute dream. Enjoy it man and do some mad poo poo :)

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I'm a huge pussy about certain kinds of hooliganism in public (like burnouts/donuts) but I promise I'll find a legal way to do it. I intend to drive the piss out of the car at the track so I'm not worried about stuff wearing out and I hate the OEM Pirellis anyway

Will make a thread soon, in the meantime here is my weekly grocery shopping in the frunk

What are the bags on the left and right of your sustenance? I'm assuming tire inflation + goo setup similar to my car but maybe it's something else?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

I intend to drive the piss out of the car at the track so I'm not worried about stuff wearing out and I hate the OEM Pirellis anyway

Hell yes

Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

tangy yet delightful posted:

What are the bags on the left and right of your sustenance? I'm assuming tire inflation + goo setup similar to my car but maybe it's something else?
Good guess, and there's a pair of white leather Lamborghini-branded gloves lol

Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

Bape Culture posted:

I absolutely cannot wait to see footage of this on track! Are you going to get some tuition? I imagine it’s gonna be a lot more lairy than the cayman. Are you near Laguna seca? Driving this on there would be my absolute dream. Enjoy it man and do some mad poo poo :)

Laguna is on the cards next year, and yes it is lairy, at least for my skill level. The first night I got it I stabbed the gas without thinking at [redacted] mph and before I knew it I had opposite lock dialed in at highway speeds. Taught me a lot of respect for its capabilities, especially in the wet. My Cayman was many things but it didn't have that kind of power...

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Laguna is on the cards next year, and yes it is lairy, at least for my skill level. The first night I got it I stabbed the gas without thinking at [redacted] mph and before I knew it I had opposite lock dialed in at highway speeds. Taught me a lot of respect for its capabilities, especially in the wet. My Cayman was many things but it didn't have that kind of power...

Good thing it wasn't a Viper. So many people got bit in that scenario.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

meatpimp posted:

Good thing it wasn't a Viper.

there arent many cars you can say this about, but this may be one of them

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

After driving a BMW for about a year I'm super glad to be back to some Subaru goodness.

2009 Impreza WRX STI A-Line

Overall it's in fantastic condition. There's a few things I'd like to do like take off the rotten chip guard stickers and rip out all the excessive wiring that was on the crappy GPS it came with that was somehow literally older than the car itself. It also needs a speaker upgrade but that has to wait until my wallet has recovered.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
A barrel on the 57N decided it wanted to play ping pong with me and the car next to me. I was up against a concrete barrier and didn't have any place to swerve.

The barrel hit my front bumper, tore the front bumper off the car next to me, and then ping-ponged against my passenger side doors and QP. :v:

Don't judge me for a dirty car, it's been raining ash here for the last few weeks. :colbert:

Edit*
I hope they declare the thing a total loss so I can scrap the drat thing. It's a 2018 Dual Motor with referral wheels and 38,446 miles.

Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

DoomTrainPhD posted:

The barrel hit my front bumper, tore the front bumper off the car next to me, and then ping-ponged against my passenger side doors and QP. :v:
:stonk: wow that is awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

At least nobody is hurt and I was declared not-at-fault. So silver lining?