Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

RBA Starblade posted:

I thought Hollow Knight was boring, ugly, easy in an uninteresting way, and generally unfun, honestly don't know what anyone sees in it.

Bugsnax though...

And speaking of Bugsnax there seems to be no way to add it to your library in the new PS store?

You'll be able to add Bugsnax to your library on Nov 12th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

me attempting to add the ps4 games to my library on november 3

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Super No Vacancy posted:

me attempting to add the ps4 games to my library on november 3

I had this error too and to fix it I had to sign out and sign back in. Stupid as hell but it worked.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ok that worked
going to hollow knight still showed it selling for $15 or whatever
hit add to cart and it just took me back to the page and now gave me the option to 'add to library' for free
so i guess that worked
new store sucks!!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Webstore didn't work for me but phone app worked. Well, "worked," because for some reason I couldn't add the games into a basket but had to buy them individually. I'm not amazed they made the store worse, it's just how much worse they made it.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I think Hollow Knight is one of the top 5 2D games of the last decade and an absolute must-TRY for anyone who like metroidvanias. It's probably the hardest one, but I also think it's the prettiest and the most ambient. There is also an absolute truckload of content if you click with the combat system.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Did the Warhammer Fantasy ARPG ever turn out to be decent after it had a few expansions bolted to it?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

I think Hollow Knight is one of the top 5 2D games of the last decade and an absolute must-TRY for anyone who like metroidvanias. It's probably the hardest one, but I also think it's the prettiest and the most ambient. There is also an absolute truckload of content if you click with the combat system.

what's more amazing is that the DLC was all free content and there were like 2-3 of them.

I didn't do them because they were really hard, but it's cool that they did that

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Supposedly people are getting 25% discount codes (check your emails/system notifications?)

A reminder those cannot be applied to preorders.

Wouldn't mind using yours if you get one and not using it

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

This link currently works to access the old version of the store, complete with old-fashioned technology like game titles.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!

The Diddler posted:

This link currently works to access the old version of the store, complete with old-fashioned technology like game titles.

2020 is fixed!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The Diddler posted:

Thank you. Seriously.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Can you not add pre-orders to your cart? It's only asking me to buy them individually but I'm trying to load up on PS5 games.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

Can you not add pre-orders to your cart? It's only asking me to buy them individually but I'm trying to load up on PS5 games.

No. Pre-orders are a uniquely-tailored thing on PlayStation and can't be purchased in a "cart".

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity

The Diddler posted:

Nice, going to that link tells me I'm not looking at the European store and then takes me to the correct store for me: the NL PS store.

Quoting this for truth:

Stare-Out posted:

I'm not amazed they made the store worse, it's just how much worse they made it.

I'm browsing the new store and can't even find where I'm supposed to add PS Plus games to my library. In fact, I clicked on the Deals and then some titles. I can't find a way on the product page to add it to cart, or even the price... I see some game versions below but they are censored and I cannot click them. I'm generally not an idiot. I guess the internet really made me stupid. Come on Sony. It's like they do not want to make money, I just don't get it. I hope that link to the old store keeps working

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

If you're having issues with the new web store, I would recommend deleting all your cookies that contain the strings "sony" and "playstation" and trying again. You can also try the new mobile app, which has worked well for me so far.

Worst case scenario, you can use this address to access the old web store for now, but who knows when they'll take this down: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/home/games?PlatformPrivacyWs1=all&psappver=19.15.0&smcid=psapp

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Baggot posted:

If you're having issues with the new web store, I would recommend deleting all your cookies that contain the strings "sony" and "playstation" and trying again. You can also try the new mobile app, which has worked well for me so far.

Worst case scenario, you can use this address to access the old web store for now, but who knows when they'll take this down: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/home/games?PlatformPrivacyWs1=all&psappver=19.15.0&smcid=psapp

This worked for me, thanks! No idea why I couldn't have a purchase button until I cleared my cookies but :shrug:

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Is there any site like Deku Deals for the PS store?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

dantheman650 posted:

Is there any site like Deku Deals for the PS store?

Yes.

https://psprices.com/

It also covers every major store front.

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011
Stupid question time: is it impossible to change the PSN avatar back to the default grey smiley face?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Storm One posted:

Stupid question time: is it impossible to change the PSN avatar back to the default grey smiley face?

looks like it. that's just the default "nothing was ever selected" stand in.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The web store is still utterly confusing to me sometimes. I thought about getting into the Ys series so I was like "OK let's see what it's like on the web store?"

So one is ORB and one is ANIME. Can't click on either of them to see any further information, only after I threw them into my cart did I learn that one of them is a PS4/Vita cross-buy copy and the other is a dedicated Vita version. But I thought they got rid of Vita games on the web store??? So how the hell is this Vita game still floating around? Went back to PSPrices and slammed that sucker into my wishlist for later, thanks PSPrices.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Whoa, you get the titles in actual text? When I browse this poo poo-rear end store all I see is the box art, 99% of which is drat near indecipherable to the point where I have to squint to figure out what the game title is.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

This might be old news, but I just realized you can also purchase directly from the Games section of the Playstation site (not the store). And those pages are infinitely better? I thought pressing the Pre-Order button might just redirect me to the store, but it just opens up an overlay to finish the transaction right there: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/demons-souls/

Agrias120 fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Nov 11, 2020

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
It's fun downloading dlc for Bethesda games. Skyrim shows me Fallout 4 dlc and Dishonored 2 wanted me to download Prey:Mooncrash.
Good stuff.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That happens a ton and I've no idea why it's never been fixed. If I download RE1 Remaster it asks if I want to download all the DLC for 0

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
It does it for ubi games too. Every ubi game asks me if I want to download division 1 dlc

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wishlisting appears to be a ps5 on
-console feature now with a button appearing on the console store page in pics people are taking. Dunno why its not on the webstore except sony has bad web guys

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My ps4 profile image is that one pixel watermelon and I will never change it

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

The Diddler posted:

Thank you for this.

The new webstore is literally unusable for me. No purchase buttons...

Sioux
May 30, 2006

Apparently it works after some time, or when you remove any cookies belonging to Sony or Playstation. It started working for me a few days ago.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
here's a fun, original observation:
  • the new webstore is incredibly, absurdly bad

Zongerian
Apr 23, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Policenaut posted:

The web store is still utterly confusing to me sometimes. I thought about getting into the Ys series so I was like "OK let's see what it's like on the web store?"

So one is ORB and one is ANIME. Can't click on either of them to see any further information, only after I threw them into my cart did I learn that one of them is a PS4/Vita cross-buy copy and the other is a dedicated Vita version. But I thought they got rid of Vita games on the web store??? So how the hell is this Vita game still floating around? Went back to PSPrices and slammed that sucker into my wishlist for later, thanks PSPrices.

The one on the right is for ps vita, the one on the left is for ps4. I recommend starting with Ys VIII instead though

Sioux
May 30, 2006

Instant Grat posted:

here's a fun, original observation:
  • the new webstore is incredibly, absurdly bad

Instant grat coming in with a hot take.

I'm sure Sony's focus group of 90-year-old blind people with no previous computer experience thought it was lovely.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
There's no way to see individual DLC items/add-ons from a game's page anymore. Apart from the game's promo blurb, this is the only thing on the page for Yakuza 7:

You can't click through on any of those bullet points in either of the two more expensive editions if you want to know what's actually in the "Crafting Mat Set" or "Ultimate Costume Set". There's also nowhere else on the page to find out. You just have to search for "Yakuza: Like a Dragon" in the store search and then find all the horse armor DLC add-ons in the search results.

Also I'm really not a fan of how they removed all the PS3 and Vita games. I still use those! You fuckers!!

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
poo poo... that's a lot of Kr

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zongerian posted:

The one on the right is for ps vita, the one on the left is for ps4. I recommend starting with Ys VIII instead though

origins is a great starting point imo. 8 is a great game but totally different

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Yeah, I don't see the point in recommending someone not start with one of the best Ys games. They're all good, but Ys Origin is easily in contention for the best one period.

Zongerian
Apr 23, 2020

by Cyrano4747
VIII is probably the best game in the series and of the 2.5D games I liked Oath in Felghana more than Origins but you can't go wrong starting anywhere really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Zongerian posted:

VIII is probably the best game in the series and of the 2.5D games I liked Oath in Felghana more than Origins but you can't go wrong starting anywhere really

Yeah I mean, for me the discussion of which one is best is firmly between Origin and Lacrimosa of Dana. Oath is also fantastic, of course.