Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

OwlFancier posted:

Frankly I'm disgusted that they only sell gram flour, how the hell are you supposed to make an imperial recipe with metric flour?

just kill a bunch of people in the country you got it from

another terrible snype but this is grace, she just came home last night to hopefully one day be alex's girlfriend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Jose posted:

imagine seeing biden nearly gently caress it, and still possibly could, adn posting this

https://twitter.com/Andrew_Adonis/status/1324004450248384512?s=20

Perhaps I spend too much time in here but I assumed centrists treated the word centrist like terf and considered it an insult.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Adonis is kind of special, he's like the ultimate centrist.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Jippa posted:

Cows are great.

this is a lie

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Try eating a few.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Guavanaut posted:

Misread this as graun flour. Bland even by the standards of flour.

I wonder what half-baked goods could be made with pulverized graun. Hm. Soft-centre rolls, left crumble, flakey pastry.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

SpicePro posted:

I live in Leytonstone so not far from there and this part of London has such a fantastic choice of green space to go visit, I feel very privileged to have that in a big city. Not been down Coppermill in ages so I might go there soon :)

Wanstead flats is amazing and they just re-introduced 'wild' coos!

I don't know if the waterworks down Coppermill are still going (I assume they are!) but they sometimes have open days down there. One time I went, the person showing us round told us that all the water in the filter beds literally turns over at some point during the year (so what's at the bottom comes to the top) of its own accord. I can't recall at all the reasons. It was about 15 or more years ago that I went.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Jonathan Freedbread. Top with meringue for Pavlovian responses.

OwlFancier posted:

Frankly I'm disgusted that they only sell gram flour, how the hell are you supposed to make an imperial recipe with metric flour?
Make a Victoria sponge cake and rub it all over yourself while rolling around on a giant rubber map of the British Empire like that video they found on Damian Green's PC.

Excellent birb.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
My most controversial food opinion is that stuffing sucks. Can't understand how it seems to be everyone's favourite part of a roast, it's like eating cat litter.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Jose posted:

imagine seeing biden nearly gently caress it, and still possibly could, adn posting this

but does not rule

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice

big scary monsters posted:

My most controversial food opinion is that stuffing sucks. Can't understand how it seems to be everyone's favourite part of a roast, it's like eating cat litter.

You're supposed to add water to the Paxo

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

mediaphage posted:

i'm not sure where you shop but stuffing mix is sold in literally every normal grocery store in the country i've been in

that said you should always make your own because it's dead simple

OK so I misspoke before. I did initially struggle to find it (it was like, on the bottom shelf at the supermarket, tucked away, and I'm used to it having quite a chunk of shelf space in the UK). The issue is that it exists but there's only ever like 2 kinds and they're not vegetarian (which I am) as they contain turkey/chicken broth etc.

Just to check I did a search online of all the local supermarkets (Walmart, Metro, Real Canadian Superstore, and Loblaws independent) and all I've found is stuff like the Kraft Stovetop stuff and the No-Name one, but they're out for me because they all contain chicken or turkey broth. In the UK if you go to any supermarket there's like, 10-15 different kinds of stuffing mix and they're generally all vegetarian.

But yes, now I've realised how easy it is to make your own and how much better it is, I won't even bother trying to find the mix anymore.

WhatEvil fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Nov 4, 2020

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I don't know if the waterworks down Coppermill are still going (I assume they are!) but they sometimes have open days down there. One time I went, the person showing us round told us that all the water in the filter beds literally turns over at some point during the year (so what's at the bottom comes to the top) of its own accord. I can't recall at all the reasons. It was about 15 or more years ago that I went.

For post-plague visits I'd suggest going to the other end of the process, as it were, and visit Crossness - I get why people fetishise the Victorians because that place is absolutely amazing. "Hmm, we're designing something to pump London's poo poo out to sea* - right, let's make with the filigree!"

* Yes, I know that's not exactly what Crossness did, shut up.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Try eating a few.

Cows or centrists?

That adonis tweet seems like it should be a riff on Antichrist, but a) it doesn't make much sense in context and b) Adonis has never, ever shown any capacity for self parody

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's definitely a "better to reign in hell than serve the public in any way" statement.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Looks like Biden has Michigan.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

It's definitely a "better to reign in hell than serve the public in any way" statement.

This checks out:

Paradise Lost, Book 9, The Temptation Of Eve posted:

Neerer he drew, and many a walk travers'd
Of stateliest Covert, Cedar, Pine, or Palme, [ 435 ]
Then voluble and bold, now hid, now seen
Among thick-wov'n Arborets and Flours
Imborderd on each Bank, the hand of Eve:
Spot more delicious then those Gardens feign'd
Or of reviv'd Adonis, or renownd [ 440 ]
Alcinous, host of old Laertes Son,
Or that, not Mystic, where the Sapient King
Held dalliance with his fair Egyptian Spouse

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Jose posted:

Imagine all the energy that young lefty Dem activists put into this election, swallowing their pride and most of their principles to actively help remove Trump, imagine that humilitity and that lingering hope and all history will make of it is cunts like this lying that We Shouldn't Tax The Rich, gently caress Poor People is a truth.

Biden has definitely won but gently caress me I hate media libs so loving much.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Niric posted:

This checks out:
Satan as neither the brightest angel of the Lord nor the Rebel who defies, but the centrist lib who insists that both extremes are wrong and that the truth sits in the middle is the true 2020 reading of Paradise Lost.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I wonder what half-baked goods could be made with pulverized graun. Hm. Soft-centre rolls, left crumble, flakey pastry.

Basically only white bread

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Fatima Whitbread says he

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
The inevitable Trump Downfall:

https://twitter.com/shreyas/status/1324020849230319616?s=08

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

Satan as neither the brightest angel of the Lord nor the Rebel who defies, but the centrist lib who insists that both extremes are wrong and that the truth sits in the middle is the true 2020 reading of Paradise Lost.

Also checks out

Paradise Lost, Book 9, Satan speaks to Eve posted:

Thenceforth to Speculations high or deep
I turnd my thoughts, and with capacious mind
Considerd all things visible in Heav'n,
Or Earth, or Middle, all things fair and good;
And concluded thus the Middle or Third Way to be
That of no equivalent or equal: sensible and grown up

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
:golfclap: but also cautious countdown until poo poo like this appears in Q lore.

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

DaWolfey posted:

You're supposed to add water to the Paxo

:drat:

But seriously, I can only conclude that you have only had terrible stuffing. It's seriously nommable.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Bobstar posted:

Explain :stare:

I discovered we have our first frostful freezer ever when the door wouldn't shut and I had to defrost it. Are you telling me the more annoying freezer's better for the food?

Someone already explained how the process works, but what made me understand it is this:

You know the process called "freeze-drying"? Makes instant coffee, freeze-dried strawberries, etc.? That's what your frost-free freezer does to your food, in slow motion. Sucks all the moisture out and turns it into a desiccated version of itself. That's how it stops itself frosting up. You can see it happen if you try to make ice-cubes in a frost-free freezer - at first you'll get great cubes, then over several days they will shrink and slowly disappear to nothing as the water changes directly from ice to vapour and get removed from the freezer.

It's pretty cool really, but it means you need to wrap stuff tightly to preserve quality in a frost-free freezer, and even then it will eventually affect the flavour/texture.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

freezer chat:

that was actually very useful info, thanks chaps.
I tend to fill my freezer with healthy food that stays there for ages while I feast on unhealthy noms from Home Bargains. I most definitely do NOT have a frost-free freezer! I felt instinctively that the non-frost-free was better but never looked into it.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

big scary monsters posted:

they eat weird sage and onion rabbit food, its not bad but its no sausage and chestnut, the food of gods
iirc its just fried onion, sausagemeat and chestnut and anything else is optional but maybe some parsley

god drat it is the best thing to ever spill out of a chickens cavity

i made my own sausagemeat for it last christmas or the one before and when i remember it i feel similar to sexual arousal

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Prince John posted:

:drat:

But seriously, I can only conclude that you have only had terrible stuffing. It's seriously nommable.

Stuffing is another of those weird things like coffee and bread budding that I absolutely love the smell of and can't stand the taste of. I don't even understand how that's possible given how closely smell and taste are intertwined but there you go.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
A frost-free freezer is a frivolous fixture if it frigs with the flavour of the frozen food :F

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Seen it all now theres levels of how hosed up your making your food by freezing it depends on how youre freezing it lol.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
My sister has a miniature birthday cake my aunt bought her 25 years ago in her freezer

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

what scale?

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
I like pork and chestnut stuffing. It's way better than regular stuffing

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i don't eat stuffing any more because i don't really eat much carb stuff but it's so easy to make from scratch without a mix if you're already doing some cookery. chop up bread, stale is fine, add some herbs (i like thyme and sage as a base but you do you) or spices, salt, pepper. dump in some cooked veg, like onions and celery (but again, you do you), maybe some fruit or nuts like dried cranberries and pecans something if you'd like bits of sweet, toss it all with a little butter or olive oil and some flavourful liquid like whatever stock you have around. press it into a dish and bake til the top's crispy. if you want easy portions, shoving it into a cupcake pan works really well with little effort.

man i really want some now gently caress all of you (not really)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
American stuffing is something entirely different and sausage stuffing best stuffing

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Jose posted:

American stuffing is something entirely different and sausage stuffing best stuffing

i fail to see how since looking at the back of the bag of paxo makes it sound identical. the difference looks mostly to be in the crumb size but that stuff and stove top are basically identical

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

if you aren't physically doing the actual mangling and stuffing then you can gently caress off with your my stuffings more stuffing than your stuffing. Also its just bread and stuff.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

if you aren't physically doing the actual mangling and stuffing then you can gently caress off with your my stuffings more stuffing than your stuffing. Also its just bread and stuff.

yeah i mean its all just mushing together wet bread

delicious wet bread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

might mush together my wet bread in a minute