Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

John Dyne posted:

I understand they had to set up the infinity stones and all that but man I wish Thor had been fighting the Wrecking Crew in Thor 2 instead of the dumb rear end elves.

Maybe we'll get them in the Loki streaming show.

That would be kind of nice. Maybe have Loki have to stop them because something something responsible something oops yet more something oh, would you look at that, I can't get that power back for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

site posted:

Turns out Thor is a Pinkerton

Worse. He's a landlord.

(Wasn't that horse that sounded like a union rep from a northern coal mine from Asgard?)

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Mr. Horse was good Vanir stock he was, not one of those posh name having ponies from Asgard.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Monster #8
Kafka Hibino, 30 year old washout, has joined up with a squad of rookie Kaiju hunters.

They're a little overshadowed by Major MotokoCommander Mina and her great big gently caress-off cannon.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I mean, that gun sure is next level. That gun stands off in the distance compared to the little M4s they've for some reason given those dudes to shoot at a skyscraper-sized monster.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
The grunts are there to handle the lesser monsters that swarm around the skyscraper Kaiju. Part of the series gimmick is that their equipment is based on captured Monster biotech; the closer you match your mindset to a monsters, the more psychic damage your bullets inflict. Nobody else can handle guns that big.

( if somebody wanted to post some Stokoe Half Century War, please go for it! )

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Cool that earth defense force has a manga adaptation

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Squidster posted:

Monster #8
Kafka Hibino, 30 year old washout, has joined up with a squad of rookie Kaiju hunters.

They're a little overshadowed by Major MotokoCommander Mina and her great big gently caress-off cannon.

I love those type of huge anime style guns. I loving loved it when I got to the ending of the new Resident Evil 3 remake and one showed up.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mashle - Chapter 36

Don't piss off Mash

Right to Left

Bonus panel

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
The crown of thorns has me curious but my experience tells me it's probably just something the author thought looked cool.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Nothing wrong with licking rocks. Perfectly good analytic technique.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Nilbop posted:

The crown of thorns has me curious but my experience tells me it's probably just something the author thought looked cool.

so far, yeah. this sequence got a solid laugh out of me because I also asked the question in the spoiler panel there, just before reaching that page

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Nilbop posted:

The manga is filled with weirdo character designs that exist solely to get put down by Mash.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Swamp Thing #33: During an adventure into the Green (where he ended up killing the Parliament of Trees, long story), Alec Holland brought 3 previous avatars of the Green back to life. One is enjoying his new lease on life. The other two of them hate it and just want to be Swamp Things again, and so begin plotting how to kill Holland and get their powers/positions back.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
From DCeased: Dead Planet #5:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is that a swamp thing?

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
Yes. It's a team of Constantine, Swamp Thing, Batman (Damian version), Jason Todd, Rose Wilson, and Cassandra Cain.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Is the wizard supposed to be a pastiche of Doctor Strange?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Alacron posted:

Is the wizard supposed to be a pastiche of Doctor Strange?

I think it's the wizard that gave the original Captain Marvel/Shazam his powers, but that it a very Dr Strange esque costume.

But I also thought it was Superman at first glance.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The Wizard is the Dr. Voodoo look-alike, the one they're fighting I believe is Freddy

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Retro Futurist posted:

The Wizard is the Dr. Voodoo look-alike, the one they're fighting I believe is Freddy

Who's Freddy?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

Who's Freddy?

Captain Marvel Jr.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Freddy Freeman,Captain Marvel Jr. Would make sense with all the other legacy characters too

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Captain Marvel is a 12 year old boy who turns into a grown rear end adult when he says Shazam? Why is there a teenage Captain Marvel? Is he like a middle aged dude who turn into a super powered teen when he says Shazam? A toddler who turns into a teenager?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

Captain Marvel is a 12 year old boy who turns into a grown rear end adult when he says Shazam? Why is there a teenage Captain Marvel? Is he like a middle aged dude who turn into a super powered teen when he says Shazam? A toddler who turns into a teenager?

Because Billy shared the wizard's power with Mary and Freddie, now his foster brother and sister in the current continuity. Also his other foster siblings whose names I forget but were in the movie.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Double post but the new Black Widow series is really good and gorgeous.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Retro Futurist posted:

Freddy Freeman,Captain Marvel Jr. Would make sense with all the other legacy characters too

Just ignore that time they made Freddie actual Captain Marvel.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Dawgstar posted:

this is great but ... did she rip out somebody's tongue there :ohdear:
with a hook :ohdear:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I believe it was his cheek, with a coat hanger hook.

And Captain Marvel Jr is a teenager with crippled legs who transforms into a teenage superhero with working legs. There was also a time his magic words to transform were 'Captain Marvel Junior' which had the comedy problem of being unable to tell anyone his name, so his teammates called him 'lightning boy' and similar.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Elfface posted:

I believe it was his cheek, with a coat hanger hook.

aaaa that makes it worse :stonk:
e: oh gently caress you're right I see it! :gonk:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Flesh Forge posted:

Ehh, I'd loving hate both but if I had to choose I'd rather lose a huge chunk of my cheek than my tongue.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Flesh Forge posted:

That's what you get when you gently caress with Nat's fiancé and kid.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Skwirl posted:

Ehh, I'd loving hate both but if I had to choose I'd rather lose a huge chunk of my cheek than my tongue.

Really some tongue or cheek posting going on.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

Darth Nat posted:

From DCeased: Dead Planet #5:

Dropped the mask, pulled out a sword from her back scabbard, and threw it left handed from a prone position perfectly into old guys skull

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Superhero time compression.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

HAmbONE posted:

Dropped the mask, pulled out a sword from her back scabbard, and threw it left handed from a prone position perfectly into old guys skull

The gutter is a vast space without time or order.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Wolverine #7

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Dawgstar posted:

That's a beautiful page, but also I can't help but notice she managed to wallrun on a tv. Even if it's bolted into the wall it should still have some give, that's impressive!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Artelier posted:

That's a beautiful page, but also I can't help but notice she managed to wallrun on a tv. Even if it's bolted into the wall it should still have some give, that's impressive!

What are you talking about she's vaulting the couch look at her hand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Toshimo posted:

What are you talking about she's vaulting the couch look at her hand

Still badass b ut now slightly less impressive just kidding that's a great page regardless of my bad reading