Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Smeef posted:

This Fulton County Elections Director on CNN says that the main bottleneck to counting is space for tables and people. How the gently caress can space be a bottleneck in Atlanta?

I feel you have not driven on any roads in Atlanta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamberk
Jan 11, 2004

when there is nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire
^^ quite true

Xander B Coolridge posted:

What's this on right wing social media about Wisconsin having more votes than registered voters?

I somehow know it's bullshit, but why?

They're using registered voter numbers from either 2016 or 2018

Chamberk fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Nov 5, 2020

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Romes128 posted:

like why the gently caress do you have a press briefing in the same room as the vote count if you don't have enough space. just do the briefing somewhere else.

Well you see....oops! Hold on, I got a pop tart in the oven.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

What's this on right wing social media about Wisconsin having more votes than registered voters?

Okay, sit down, but you're going to need a moment.

People lie on the internet. I'm sorry we had to break this to you.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

A non-trivial portion of conservative voters are literal cultists that were expecting trump to get 100m votes and sweep the entire country except for the demon states of New York and California. You are going to see all manner of insane poo poo come out of the conservative media machine over the next few weeks, and very insane poo poo from conservative social media, because this election is going to literally shatter a lot of people's sense of identity.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Same day registration and old voter reg numbers.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
This is taking forever, when the gently caress are we actually supposed to know something.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
it's depressing that this is close lmao

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gamerofthegame posted:

it's depressing that this is close lmao

It's looking like it might wind up not being very close at all, tbh.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Perdue down to 50.28% in GA - if he goes under 50% we'll have a double runoff in January to determine who runs the senate.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Biden is pulling good numbers out of PA. Keep your eye on it. It's NYT website is putting chunks of votes in about every 20-30 minutes. What I do is take a snip with the snipping tool, and compare every 15 minutes or so.

About 45 minutes ago PA was
Trump: 3,144,541
Biden 2,872,241
Difference: 272,300
51.6%-47.1%

Now:
Trump: 3,162,910
Biden: 2,917,019
Difference: 245,891
51.4%-47.4%

New numbers from Georgia just came in. Trump is down to like 45k lead.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

It's because right wingers will believe literally anything they're told and that's why they turned out for this election, because trump said he was a good president and that Biden was going to cancel christmas.

That's literally it.

From there "uh yeah massive election fraud that is completely disproven in seconds" is nothing really

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Was it just the last Pa update where it went 3:1 Biden or has it been going that way the entire time? Because there are close to a million votes left to go if the NYT site is accurate.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Deteriorata posted:

A water pipe burst at their primary counting location, so they've had to scramble to find new space. No ballots were damaged, but they had to move out.

I wonder if we are going to learn this was intentional, its pretty convenient for team "slow down the democrat's counting."

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Wylie posted:

I feel you have not driven on any roads in Atlanta.

I have, and what I recall is how much goddamn space there is between everything (except cars).

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Smeef posted:

This Fulton County Elections Director on CNN says that the main bottleneck to counting is space for tables and people. How the gently caress can space be a bottleneck in Atlanta?

They should just do all the counting in the Atlanta Falcons trophy room.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Perdue down to 50.28% in GA - if he goes under 50% we'll have a double runoff in January to determine who runs the senate.

Screwing us out of a finish so that can get us again for the next pay per view, typical Vince McMahon.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

spunkshui posted:

I wonder if we are going to learn this was intentional, its pretty convenient for team "slow down the democrat's counting."

I'd think that too but Georgia probably could just have their governor go down and personally turn on a firehouse in the room and dare people to do anything about it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Silly Burrito posted:

:vince:

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Ika posted:

Was it just the last Pa update where it went 3:1 Biden or has it been going that way the entire time? Because there are close to a million votes left to go if the NYT site is accurate.

They're all gonna be like that, because they're all Philadelphia mail in voting, which didn't even start counting until today. This is why places like the NYT are saying Biden will win and it won't be very close.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Ika posted:

It's been holding around 3-1 or 4-1 the whole time. There are around 700k votes left last I looked.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Uh oh

Jared is on the case!

https://twitter.com/VickyPJWard/status/1324145767368577037

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Kayleigh McEnnany may be a feckless liar but she’s a great surrogate

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

FizFashizzle posted:

Same day registration and old voter reg numbers.

You mean citizens can just show up at their leisure and voice their opinions? No planning months ahead of time? Nothing has to be filled out and mailed back in? Absolutely undemocratic!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Ah yes, Jared who.....fails at nearly everything he does....

zarron
Sep 1, 2005

skylined! posted:

:siren:GA UPDATE:siren:

Biden gained .1%

edit he's down by 47k now.

Come on...Please tell me my state can actually do a thing and not choke like the sport teams down here.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Oh goodie. So we may have to go through a few more months of hope that the dems get to even set the agenda in the senate before its ruined for us. Yay.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Senor Tron posted:

AOC would scrape in the age requirement in 2024. Not that I think she'll run.

Doesn't a candidate have to be married to run for President?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Handsome Ralph posted:

If you live in Arlington and haven't gone to Burrito Brothers yet, lol @ you.

No seriously, go there. It owns. http://burritosbros.com/
Steak burrito with everything, chips and guac, horchata.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Inglonias posted:

Oh goodie. So we may have to go through a few more months of hope that the dems get to even set the agenda in the senate before its ruined for us. Yay.

Trump is going to have a nuclear sized tantrum over this election. It remains to be seen how that plays out for voters.

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Ika posted:

As far as I can tell, the PA mail in votes that have been counted today have been very close to a 3:1 Biden split the entire time. It’s a voting method that skews Democratic coming from areas that also skew Democratic so we’re getting a subsection of votes that are extremely Democratic.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

This is the first post in the last 24 hours that made me legit laugh. Thanks.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Ok, this poo poo is funny.

Kale
May 14, 2010

wilderthanmild posted:

It's been holding around 3-1 or 4-1 the whole time. There are around 700k votes left last I looked.

Did some quick number crunching and If the 3-1 scenario holds through to the end of counting and there 700K votes left (which was roughly the number I got based on what's currently reported and what isn't roughly 45 minutes ago) then Biden would end up with something just over 500K of those which would be more than double what he needs to overcome the current deficit so I'm getting some of the bullish pundit calls for a clean Biden Pennsylvania win a bit more now.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/tysonweihs/status/1324135090897735681

Standard procedure to issue a TFR over the location of the candidates when results come in.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

zarron posted:

Come on...Please tell me my state can actually do a thing and not choke like the sport teams down here.

If you map the Trump campaign onto the Falcons it'd be extremely on-brand

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

They're all gonna be like that, because they're all Philadelphia mail in voting, which didn't even start counting until today. This is why places like the NYT are saying Biden will win and it won't be very close.

Ya I saw that but I expected it to be 2:3 or similar not 3:1. Time to go to bed and see what the numbers say tommarow.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Parrotine posted:

Doesn't a candidate have to be married to run for President?

aoc and her partner would have been together for more than a decade or some poo poo by 2024

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

LOL Trump has Roger Stone and Matt Schlapp, guys who already did this sort of thing successfully in 2000, RIGHT THERE and I guess he just hasn’t noticed them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Promoted Pawn posted:

As far as I can tell, the PA mail in votes that have been counted today have been very close to a 3:1 Biden split the entire time. It’s a voting method that skews Democratic coming from areas that also skew Democratic so we’re getting a subsection of votes that are extremely Democratic.

I just watched the video of Rudy screaming "How much more do we have to be ahead to stop???" and sighed loudly