Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
I think I’ve only ever applied one injury with a handgonne, something like ‘inhaled flames’. Outside of crushing weapons that can break bones I don’t really see the benefit of Crippling Strikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
If i had to choose between crippling and fast adaptation, i'd probably just pick FA every time. By the time you're doing actual health damage, CS rarely seems to matter.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
For the record, the possible injuries from handgonnes are (note in brackets base damage required to inflict):

-Body hits-

Burnt leg (25% of max hitpoints): 1 additional action point per tile moved and -20% init
Burnt hands (50% of max hitpoints): -25% in matk and ratk

-Head Hits-

burnt face (25% of max hit points): -25% in matk, ratk, mdef and rdef; -2 vision
inhaled flames (50% of max hit points): -2 action points; -40% max fatigue.

As I said I don't think it's necessarily the strongest choice for a gunner, but I will absolutely stand by CS for a thrower.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Jesus christ, inhaled flames is really good.

Night10194 posted:

CS is only ever for characters you intend to do significant through-armor damage. If you're slashing at bare HP you're either going to injure them because lol or you were never going to because they're immune or a Lindwurm.

Yeah, i usually just destroy armour so i don't see a lot of use in it. If i don't wanna destroy armour that's what "dagger man, the man of many daggers" is for.

Playstyle thing for sure

dogstile fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Nov 4, 2020

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

CS is only ever for characters you intend to do significant through-armor damage. If you're slashing at bare HP you're either going to injure them because lol or you were never going to because they're immune or a Lindwurm.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Yeah it rules on a hammer duelist.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

What's the strats itt to fight these guys btw?

I've settled on locking them down with 60+ mdef tanks that just shieldwall forever while I kill them one by one with bows+polearms. It works but it is so slow due to the giant pile of health.

dogstile posted:

If i had to choose between crippling and fast adaptation, i'd probably just pick FA every time.
Imagine wanting to pick either of those

:troll:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Tin Tim posted:

What's the strats itt to fight these guys btw?

For me? Don't. Nothing they have is really worth the headache. They're just piles of HP that you want to surround with tanks and then polearm but they're so goddamn tough and the armor eating thing is so annoying that it just doesn't feel like there's a lot of reason to bother.

I can handle Unhold well enough and they drop great poo poo. Lindwurms, Schrats, and Hexen? Eh, the risk reward just doesn't work out for me.

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

Tin Tim posted:

Heh, I'm actually trying these out in my current run for a couple archer/thrower hybrids. Not seeing a huge benefit so far, although I think FA helped me to get my early game poachers up and running.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Tin Tim posted:

I wouldn't put it on a melee guy, but fast adaptation is absolutely good on ranged guys because of the way you get significant penalties to accuracy over distance. An archer is going to miss more often than a melee dude with the same attack score. FA makes you miss less often, that directly translates into more damage. I wouldn't put it on a javelin bro though. And as has been said crippling strikes, while niche, is definitely good on duelists and javeliners.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

I've got over 400 hours in this game and still don't know how to build up a big pile of cash in the first 30 days like so many people seem able to do

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

It's mostly from playing expert I think. More enemies handled more efficiently by better built bros. You get excess plunder from the get go.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

The Skeleton King posted:

I've got over 400 hours in this game and still don't know how to build up a big pile of cash in the first 30 days like so many people seem able to do

The first 30 days is too soon; although I suppose it depends on how you define big pile of cash. You should have a couple grand or so in the bank by then; although I tend to seesaw as I build up 3-4K then buy a follower or a handgonne or something. By the time you get to say the 50s day wise you should be launching expeditions into the unexplored parts of the map taking out a few locations at a time; which should start building your income further but at this point in the game especially now with followers you have so many demands on your cash that you’re unlikely to have large reserves.

It’s really the first crisis where your income skyrockets. I come out of a crisis often with 10-15k; sometimes as much as 50k If it’s a noble war.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

I usually struggle to keep money above 3k. I'm usually just barely able to get a couple sets of heavy armor by day 70 and usually only have 10 guys by then.

I tend to first do contracts to build up enough to get a very good recruit so I can do harder stuff without wiping. Then I try to get a couple more high quality recruits. Then I try very hard to get some money for very good armor. It takes forever. I look for fallen heroes to get the really really good poo poo but they are often exceedingly rare or are accompanied by things I can't handle at that point.

I often buy the 210-point armors because they are very effective for their cost. This is possibly my largest cost in any playthrough. I rarely find fallen heroes so I figure it's a good move. I don't buy weapons. Brigands provide plenty of weapons.

I find most low-tier backgrounds to be near worthless as they die too easily and cost me money in repairs. So instead I save up and get raiders, sellswords, squires, nomads, witch hunters, hunters, and gladiators. I almost always start by getting a sellsword as fast as possible because they can carry the company easily. I think it's smarter than having to recruit and equip a bunch of jobbers who break all my equipment and die because they can't land hits.

For early contracts I always accept attack brigands/nomads, secure graveyard, retrieve item (if I don't need a lot of money too soon), any courier that pays over 500, and any caravan that will get me good money for low time cost.

I will sometimes turn down hunt what terrorizes contracts because early on direwolves and spiders can be more trouble than the payout is worth. I never do find location contrscts or anything that will make me fight alps or hexen. I might fight unhold but it depends on how I'm doing by then.

I usually don't attack locations i find outside of contracts because my guys will get stomped most of the time unless it's brigands or zombies without a necromancer. Necromancers are a huge problem until you either have 10 or more guys or 3 or more archers so that you can kill them fast enough to prevent trouble.

I don't hire retinue because they are crazy expensive and I need recruits and equipment fast. I also don't know if things like blacksmith save money in the long run. I'm sure they're great but I don't prioritize them.

Anyway that's how I play the game. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I don't really know how to build up money any faster.

The Skeleton King fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Nov 5, 2020

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

even when i get to 20k+ it only lasts until i see a shiny named in a store

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

I usually struggle to keep money above 3k. I'm usually just barely able to get a couple sets of heavy armor by day 70 and usually only have 10 guys by then.

I tend to first do contracts to build up enough to get a very good recruit so I can do harder stuff without wiping. Then I try to get a couple more high quality recruits. Then I try very hard to get some money for very good armor. It takes forever. I look for fallen heroes to get the really really good poo poo but they are often exceedingly rare or are accompanied by things I can't handle at that point.

I often buy the 210-point armors because they are very effective for their cost. This is possibly my largest cost in any playthrough. I rarely find fallen heroes so I figure it's a good move. I don't buy weapons. Brigands provide plenty of weapons.

I find most low-tier backgrounds to be near worthless as they die too easily and cost me money in repairs. So instead I save up and get raiders, sellswords, squires, nomads, witch hunters, hunters, and gladiators. I almost always start by getting a sellsword as fast as possible because they can carry the company easily. I think it's smarter than having to recruit and equip a bunch of jobbers who break all my equipment and die because they can't land hits.

For early contracts I always accept attack brigands/nomads, secure graveyard, retrieve item (if I don't need a lot of money too soon), any courier that pays over 500, and any caravan that will get me good money for low time cost.

I will sometimes turn down hunt what terrorizes contracts because early on direwolves and spiders can be more trouble than the payout is worth. I never do find location contrscts or anything that will make me fight alps or hexen. I might fight unhold but it depends on how I'm doing by then.

I usually don't attack locations i find outside of contracts because my guys will get stomped most of the time unless it's brigands or zombies without a necromancer. Necromancers are a huge problem until you either have 10 or more guys or 3 or more archers so that you can kill them fast enough to prevent trouble.

I don't hire retinue because they are crazy expensive and I need recruits and equipment fast. I also don't know if things like blacksmith save money in the long run. I'm sure they're great but I don't prioritize them.

Anyway that's how I play the game. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I don't really know how to build up money any faster.

So a few simple tips: Several retinue members will save you money over their costs depending on your play style.

Savescum recruits. Cheap backgrounds absolutely can give you amazing stats but you'll overspend trying to find them otherwise. One of the main things people with big gold reserves early are doing is either savescumming or using the mod that lets you see the recruits stats when you try them out.

Courier/caravan are not good jobs generically. Caravan is better now that you get fed on the way, but it's still always going to be less money than you could get doing literally anything else. Courier is also almost always a loss of possible income, the exception being if you are headed to that city anyway.

One of the secrets to getting cash is trade routes. You can see what resource producing buildings cities have before you go there, so look for exotic good production facilities and figure out the fastest way to get a loop of 3+ items trading. Ideally you should be able to go to a smallish town with something like salt or amber, sell it at a large city between another small town with something more expensive like silk/dye, sell that at a large town and pick up bronze or whatever. You take quests as you travel your trade route, building up enough cash to stop selling stuff at the next town so that you can loop into wherever it will sell for the most. Once you have a good trading circle you don't really need cash from jobs anymore and you can start leaving your trade route when you have a big enough pile and enough goods in your inventory to go and hit camps/other locations, which is where you will hopefully be finding legendaries. The trade route thing is probably the least obvious part of this game, and is a huge source of income (at least until the first crisis, which will have you taking more contracts and making a ton of money on selling the crab enemies drop, especially if its a noble war).

TheBeardyCleaver
Jan 9, 2019

It could be you're hiring too expensive backgrounds in the beginning. If I'm running with expensive bro's from the beginning I tend to have no more than 6 for a very long time, and make sure they are absolute murderers. Probably only viable in a hedge knight/gladiator start. The best thing to do in general appears to be having a few solid bro's and then finding good cheap ones to fill out the ranks. Brawlers, milita, wildmen and such. These can do well all the way up to end game and not break the bank. They do need some baby-sitting the first levels, so stick them in the back with a pole and the heaviest armour they can still breathe in.

Necromancers tend to be bothersome until you get a few decent 2H bros that can bash down the zombies as they come. I don't usually bother sniping the necromancer, but just bash the zombies down until I can saunter up and splatter the bastards brains. Zombies are easy to hit, so get some hammers and cleavers and hack them to pieces. Whips help for disarming the one boosted by a necromancer if you don't yet trust your armour and MDef.

In other news: I was a bit underwhelmed by The Reproach of the Old Gods sword. Sure, that AOE might be nice against hordes of enemies, but otherwise it's nothing special for all the work you have to do to get it. Is there a rolled range for it?

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
This is one of those games where everything I think is good, is a trap

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I would suggest not wasting money buying armour. The only time you should be buying armour (outside of late game when you’re rolling in dough and can afford to just impulse buy named items) is in the first few days when you need to get everyone into at least something - look for cheap damaged 80 or 95 armour in the market - and just before the crisis If you haven’t found any named armour yet and you’re getting ready to transition your 2handers away from shields and into their 2hander gear.

You should be able to outfit everyone in 110-115 gear just by looting bandits. Shieldbros can stay in that even through the crisis if need be. They should only ever be getting looted stuff and hand me downs. In the midgame before the crisis you should be trying to clear locations to loot named gear. Buying armour is an emergency move when you have a level 7 bro ready to switch to a 2hander but you’ve been unlucky with loot.

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

Nah bro, getting 210 armor in the store for 2-2.4K is a great buy and jumpstarts the leap from full bandit armor to crisis-ready bros

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Toozler posted:

Nah bro, getting 210 armor in the store for 2-2.4K is a great buy and jumpstarts the leap from full bandit armor to crisis-ready bros

I’d rather spend the money on weapons

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I find it much harder to get good armour than weapons. Good weapons typically drop even if i'm just murdering everyone. Good armour usually requires some dangerous dagger play.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I’m not sure that I agree. Named armour is very common and has the advantage of being able to be dropped in to anyone with lesser armour as an upgrade. You ought to have 2-3 pieces by crisis time. That plus the odd bandit leader or barbarian king is enough to outfit your front line well enough. With weapons you’re looking for specific weapons; so it’s easier to just buy.

110 to 120 armour is easy to find to outfit your men; and then you can easily find some generic armour attachments or craft serpent skin to boost it further. It’s good enough IMO for a shield bro heading into the first crisis.

Another thing is I like to make my first top tier melee bro that I find into a duelist - they’re fast and cheap to get up and running because you don’t need heavy armour and they have sufficient survivability to ditch the shield pretty much as soon as you can take dodge.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.

Not bad for day 13 :) Never used a Qatal dagger before, anyone got a good build for a dagger specialist?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

8 Ball posted:

Not bad for day 13 :) Never used a Qatal dagger before, anyone got a good build for a dagger specialist?

That is a dagger that does more base damage than a winged mace. It's a shame the bonus was on armour damage and not penetration but still that will be one mean duelist, especially vs squishier units like goblins. I made a Qatal dagger duelist in my peasant run:

Student
Recover (Could be colossus if you really needed to fix a bad health result)
Dodge
Dagger Mastery
Underdog
Nimble
Duelist
Beserk
Killing Frenzy
Overwhelm
Fearsome

One thing to note is that you shouldn't expect to be using the special attack often. Trying to combo net tosses/ flash pots from other bros is super janky, but you might get one in every now and then. One thing that does work is pairing your Qatal bro with whichever shield bro is carrying the Gilder's Embrace - if they work side by side enemies attacking the shield bro get dazed and then the Qatal bro can move in to finish them off.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The Qatal's finisher move is more of a bonus you use when the opportunity arises than something to rely on.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

The Lord Bude posted:

I’m not sure that I agree. Named armour is very common and has the advantage of being able to be dropped in to anyone with lesser armour as an upgrade. You ought to have 2-3 pieces by crisis time. That plus the odd bandit leader or barbarian king is enough to outfit your front line well enough. With weapons you’re looking for specific weapons; so it’s easier to just buy.

110 to 120 armour is easy to find to outfit your men; and then you can easily find some generic armour attachments or craft serpent skin to boost it further. It’s good enough IMO for a shield bro heading into the first crisis.

Another thing is I like to make my first top tier melee bro that I find into a duelist - they’re fast and cheap to get up and running because you don’t need heavy armour and they have sufficient survivability to ditch the shield pretty much as soon as you can take dodge.

Well that's our difference. I don't really consider 150 armour "good".

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Night10194 posted:

For me? Don't. Nothing they have is really worth the headache.
See that's the part I don't agree on and why I'm willing to fight them sometimes. The lindwurm treasure has the second highest price of all treasures in the game. And with 33% it has a decent enough drop rate to get 1-2 from a pack. The blood is trash to me but scales and bones aren't. The shields are great alternatives against goblins if you lack famed shields with rdef and the bones speed up the process of getting bone plating for your company pretty well. I'm okay with fighting a group for like every 50 days of campaign time but I just wish they would die faster :v:

dogstile posted:

I find it much harder to get good armour than weapons. Good weapons typically drop even if i'm just murdering everyone. Good armour usually requires some dangerous dagger play.
Yeah, same. I usually end up buying 210 armors(2,5-3k is my buy range) for my line to slingshot into better fights because the game doesn't throw me enough leaders to dagger and loot from

That's your problem right there. You can absolutely find cheap bros that will have better stats than hedgeknights if they survive and it's not hard imo. Rolling on brawlers(secretely the best early hires imo), farmhands, lumberjacks, caravan guards, milita and such isn't expensive(except when they spawn with too much gear). Just use spears/swords on them until they lvl enough matk, feed them some easy fights and then go for the money. My current campaign is post the second crisis and I still have 5 "trash" backgrounds in my crew that I hired early and they all have endgame stats

The Lord Bude posted:

I’m not sure that I agree. Named armour is very common and has the advantage of being able to be dropped in to anyone with lesser armour as an upgrade. You ought to have 2-3 pieces by crisis time.
I wonder if the new dlc upped the drop % on famed gear? I still haven't bought it and my current campaign is post day 200 and I have four famed items with one of them being bought. And it's not for lack of trying. I'm constantly clearing camps with 20-30% drop chance and I'm just never hitting those rolls :(

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Nov 5, 2020

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

dogstile posted:

Well that's our difference. I don't really consider 150 armour "good".

Neither do I; but it’s good enough for early
game. As I get named armour my 2hander candidates get it first; then subsequent ones get lesser pieces or the hand me downs from the 2handers. By the end of the first crisis everyone who needs heavy armour is wearing something over 200. If I have a 2hander hit level 7 and I haven’t found something for him to wear yet then I bite the bullet and buy him something; but that doesn’t happen very often. I’m not going to spend money on armour for my shield bros.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Tin Tim posted:

See that's the part I don't agree on and why I'm willing to fight them sometimes. The lindwurm treasure has the second highest price of all treasures in the game. And with 33% it has a decent enough drop rate to get 1-2 from a pack. The blood is trash to me but scales and bones aren't. The shields are great alternatives against goblins if you lack famed shields with rdef and the bones speed up the process of getting bone plating for your company pretty well. I'm okay with fighting a group for like every 50 days of campaign time but I just wish they would die faster :v:

Yeah, same. I usually end up buying 210 armors(2,5-3k is my buy range) for my line to slingshot into better fights because the game doesn't throw me enough leaders to dagger and loot from

That's your problem right there. You can absolutely find cheap bros that will have better stats than hedgeknights if they survive and it's not hard imo. Rolling on brawlers(secretely the best early hires imo), farmhands, lumberjacks, caravan guards, milita and such isn't expensive(except when they spawn with too much gear). Just use spears/swords on them until they lvl enough matk, feed them some easy fights and then go for the money. My current campaign is post the second crisis and I still have 5 "trash" backgrounds in my crew that I hired early and they all have endgame stats

I wonder if the new dlc upped the drop % on famed gear? I still haven't bought it and my current campaign is post day 200 and I have four famed items with one of them being bought. And it's not for lack of trying. I'm constantly clearing camps with 20-30% drop chance and I'm just never hitting those rolls :(

I’m not seeing much difference between this expansion and the last one but I believe there was an increase in the last expansion.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

I'm starting to believe that the mod that shows you famed loot chances is a lie because I pounced on a big but weak barb camp with 56% chance and didn't get anything after fighting it four times. I know losing four coinflips in a row isn't a huge sample size but it's still uncanny :(

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Scoff the festune
It also could be that it only rolls the chance once, when it spawns the camp. I know that if I save scum a camp fight, the terrain will change but the enemies will stay the same, with the same gear and configuration, a lot of the time. I'm not really sure how it works internally though.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

800peepee51doodoo posted:

It also could be that it only rolls the chance once, when it spawns the camp.

I'm fairly sure it's this. It's how you get tavern rumours telling you where famed items are; they've already been rolled.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Wafflecopper posted:

I'm fairly sure it's this. It's how you get tavern rumours telling you where famed items are; they've already been rolled.

It is this. Uniques are generated when the camp is created and then won't change, exactly to stop you from savescumming the same camp over and over again to get them. This is also why it can actually be bad to take contracts to wipe out camps, because that will reset the camp and if it had a unique item then when it resets for the contract the unique will be gone.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

I encourage a mod to up champion numbers. Adds a bit of spice to things considering how many named items you'll pick up that are going to be trash anyway.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

vyelkin posted:

It is this. Uniques are generated when the camp is created and then won't change, exactly to stop you from savescumming the same camp over and over again to get them.
That is a shame and a crime against gamers tbh :qq:

Weebus
Feb 26, 2017
Camp loot is predetermined but you can savescum to roll champions for camps if you're desperate for named stuff, especially if you're doing 3 skull contracts.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I only have 9 people. I have some questions for the noble war:

-can I put it off until I've levelled up enough
-can I compare the noble war payment amounts to see which side will be easier to fight on, or is it always like 30 vs 20
-do I need at least 12 people to get through the noble war or will it change according to how many people I have?

-if I want to get loot from a place, I remember the thread saying 'don't get a mission to clear the place out or it will change the loot'. but what if I see a mission for that and refuse it? Will the loot still be the original loot? or does it only change if you accept the mission?

also
-warhounds vs wardogs, is there a difference? It looks like on this map I only get Dogs.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

redreader posted:

I only have 9 people. I have some questions for the noble war:

-can I put it off until I've levelled up enough
-can I compare the noble war payment amounts to see which side will be easier to fight on, or is it always like 30 vs 20
-do I need at least 12 people to get through the noble war or will it change according to how many people I have?

-if I want to get loot from a place, I remember the thread saying 'don't get a mission to clear the place out or it will change the loot'. but what if I see a mission for that and refuse it? Will the loot still be the original loot? or does it only change if you accept the mission?

also
-warhounds vs wardogs, is there a difference? It looks like on this map I only get Dogs.

The noble war is the one crisis you do not have to participate in if you don't want to. I don't think who's winning has much effect on the difficulty of the missions since the encounters involved are generated by the mission. The accepting a mission then canceling it resetting the loot is a good question, my gut tells me it wouldn't bring back a deleted named item though. Finally, warhounds are slower, beefier and if I'm not mistaken hit harder than wardogs. They might do more damage to armor too? Not sure on that.

Also from my current run I've been doing off and on a huge benefit of expert is the early appearance of smallish groups of honor guards, and consequently not needing to hope for swordlance spawns on Southern cities or hoping to kill a blade dancer. Just got 3 from 1 fight on day 40 and my backline is set for the run. Only cost me one severed ear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Scoff the festune
The late game crises aren't really dependent on player actions - they just start and end whenever. If you take a side in the noble war you can maybe influence who's winning but it isn't going to wait for you if you decide to just run around and do other things. Its a good opportunity to get decent gear if you haven't found much at that point in your run, though. As far as who has the bigger force in a specific battle, I have no idea if there's a way to tell based on contracts. I think its pretty random. The game generally scales encounters to the size of your company but I'm not sure it would matter much for the sieges and battles you see in the noble war. That said, if you're only at 9 bros by the time the first crisis is going, you might not be scaling up enough to take on a lot of the contracts unless you're doing something like a lone wolf or gladiator run and prioritizing leveling ultra strong bros. Camps should only overwrite if you accept the mission, not just if you look at it and reject it.