Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BirdOfPlay
Feb 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

skylined! posted:

And they’re trickling in the counted ballots. NYT just updated for 2 new votes for trump. Two.

Could be counties resolving disputed or provisional ballots. Allegheny County (home county of Pittsburgh) is set to rule on its 36k questionsble ballots starting tomorrow.

[spoiler]That number is only so high because of ~29k ballots that were misprinted and returned. Unknown how people sent corrected ones.[spoiler]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

nate fisher posted:

Ok good chance here. I feel like NV will shake out to Biden, so that plus GA wins. That said PA just needs to happen.

Edit: of course I am not counting AZ in this.

Listen Nate. I hope you're right but you're a Nate and are therefore banned from doing any predictions.

Sub Par
Jul 18, 2001

Dinosaur Gum

Whale Vomit posted:

I listened to the follow up Five-Thirty-Eight podcast and Nate Silver told me to go gently caress myself because he was on the money. This was their final predictions:

Yeah but at what point does this become completely unscientific? "Well you see here if you ingest hundreds of polls into my super amazing models and do all this math, you come out with a number that's known to be incredibly wrong. So we adjust it with a random whole number to account for how wrong we feel the super fancy model is. And oh look, the results agree with our priors!" That's literally no better than just making up a set of numbers.

Lord Harbor
Apr 17, 2005
Bruce Campbell: You've stolen my heart, but you'll never take my freedom
Nap Ghost

GoutPatrol posted:

With the exception of Florida and Wisconsin, this...doesn't look that bad (if you look at it as the 3 point swing to trump everywhere.) depends on what the final percentages are going to be, who knows what the 10% of ohio and iowa can move that into a more respectable distance.

Nah, its pretty bad. He's off by 7 in WI, 5 in MI, 5 in FL, 8 in ME-2, 8 in NE-2 (although in Biden's favor), 7 in OH, 6 in IA, 4 in TX, 4 in SC, almost 10 in MT. Pretty much all the swing states went stronger for Trump by more than his 3 point MOE.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Eagerly awaiting the tweet where the AZ count must continue.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Goddamnit is it over yet

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I am drat sick of that CNN ad with that nonce in a hedge maze.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I agree with Trump. Stop all counts now and award states based on current.

Gros Tarla posted:

Listen Nate. I hope you're right but you're a Nate and are therefore banned from doing any predictions.

Ok I got that reference.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Regardless of if Biden or Trump wins, this election proved polls are useless jokes that serve no purpose. I don't plan to ever listen to the Nate's again. I will always assume my side is going to lose horribly and fight tooth and nail to win until the election is over.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

mango sentinel posted:

Incisive polling analysis from the guy who couldn't bother to check a name as you argue against multiple people actually on the ground in Georgia.

Lol, I'm obviously phone posting while I'm doing other things. Is there a point to your post, or.....?

Is there anything that I posted that is false, or not.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
James Woods on the case

https://mobile.twitter.com/RealJame...ed-fraud%2Fc%2F

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Covok posted:

I will always assume my side is going to lose horribly

We know Covok

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I miss the Obama years when listening to Nate actually worked.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

nate fisher posted:

I miss the Obama years when listening to Nate actually worked.

Remember when we called Chuck Todd (who used to pilot the MSNBC Big Board) "The Wizard" and hung onto his every word?
there's a photoshop of him in a wizard's hat somewhere

(I say "we" even though I was a freeloading lurker back then)

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/JennyJarvie/status/1324357322253180931

lmao another day

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Goddamnit is it over yet

:same:

im tired of clenching my butthole

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Covok posted:

Regardless of if Biden or Trump wins, this election proved polls are useless jokes that serve no purpose. I don't plan to ever listen to the Nate's again. I will always assume my side is going to lose horribly and fight tooth and nail to win until the election is over.

You should have done that anyway, you potato

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

How does it take an entire day to do 25k ballots

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Friend of mine is going on about how awful and racist we are as a country - which is true - and how that means we will never have anything good - which I disagree with. I'm hoping it's just anger and frustration, because whoever wins this election (and I loving hope it's Biden) the takeaway needs to be "we need to finally appeal to the non-voting population." If the best we can come up with is "well people just really love white supremacy whatchagonnado?" then why loving try any more? We cannot let ourselves use this as an excuse to get racist or to just focus on republican voters or turning them; it loving has to be about getting the majority of Americans who just do not loving vote to the polls, but I'm having a hard time getting this through. Or am I wrong?

Anybody got any tips for dealing with center-ish people who are blackpilling over Biden not getting the landslide that this election should have been for anybody not named Donald Trump?

MGDRAGOON
May 28, 2003

What you say!?!
So somehow I got on Trump's emailing list (the emails over the past two days have been pretty terrifying) and he just announced to his supporters through it he won PA.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

copy posted:

Friend of mine is going on about how awful and racist we are as a country - which is true - and how that means we will never have anything good - which I disagree with. I'm hoping it's just anger and frustration, because whoever wins this election (and I loving hope it's Biden) the takeaway needs to be "we need to finally appeal to the non-voting population." If the best we can come up with is "well people just really love white supremacy whatchagonnado?" then why loving try any more? We cannot let ourselves use this as an excuse to get racist or to just focus on republican voters or turning them; it loving has to be about getting the majority of Americans who just do not loving vote to the polls, but I'm having a hard time getting this through. Or am I wrong?

Anybody got any tips for dealing with center-ish people who are blackpilling over Biden not getting the landslide that this election should have been for anybody not named Donald Trump?

What state does the person live in? Depending on the legislature there are good politicians doing things.

Marijuana got legalized and decriminalized across the country with this election.

e: uh that's all I got lol.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

MGDRAGOON posted:

So somehow I got on Trump's emailing list (the emails over the past two days have been pretty terrifying) and he just announced to his supporters through it he won PA.

He and his dickhead family tried prematurely announcing PA early before didnt they?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

copy posted:

The cure is to actually *do something good* instead of waiting for electoral politics to do it for you. Volunteer for food collection and donation for thanksgiving. Give a homeless dude $10. Support your local BIPOC/LGBTQ activist group. Donate. Look for opportunities to help people that seem to need it, and make it a regular part of your life.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

ImpAtom posted:

How does it take an entire day to do 25k ballots

Likely a combination of the GOP slashing your budgets since you’re in a blue area, most of your volunteers only being around for Tuesday, the need to coordinate with legal counsel from both campaigns to be around during the counting, and wanting to get everything 100% right because the entire world is watching you.

Kale
May 14, 2010

CNN slowly reworking its front page narrative into the beloved horse one about razor thin margins with no context. I swear the sidebar story about "Dems path to majority narrows" used to have a thing about it referring to the Senate in brackets and they removed that context for a more generic horseracey sounding thing.

I still swear theres a gentlemans agreement to draw this all out for as long as possible. Joe Biden gets into go ahead territory with winning Michigan and Arizona and Nevada just stop updating more or less entirely early yesterday even before the fuckery in Maricopa and its all Georgia and Penn counting from there on out where Biden is making up ground and then just as it narrows to toss up territory they stop for the night too and it goes into today and the horserace narratives abound.

Kale fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Nov 5, 2020

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

GA official just announced 61,367 remaining absentee ballots to count and wants to finish by 12p.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

copy posted:

It isn't quite that simple. We saw a significant uptick in votes this election and a lot of them were Trump. Even If you halve the number of nonvoters there isn't a ton of evidence that those nonvoters are going to break left.

The biggest hope would be youth turn out and nothing, not even inspiring candidates, drives them the same ad olds. (Part of this is how lovely it is to vote when working, mind)

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

skylined! posted:

GA official just announced 61,367 remaining absentee ballots to count and wants to finish by 12p.

Source on this?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is Biden still going to win yes or no

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Empress Brosephine posted:

Hopefully we'll know in the next 20 years.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Likely a combination of the GOP slashing your budgets since you’re in a blue area, most of your volunteers only being around for Tuesday, the need to coordinate with legal counsel from both campaigns to be around during the counting, and wanting to get everything 100% right because the entire world is watching you.

I forgot coordinating security because a horde of armed chuds is likely to descend on your location.

parara
Apr 9, 2010

wilderthanmild posted:

Source on this?

NYT, their live updates.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I love that none of these states wants to finish

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

He’s definitely going to win PA but they may be the last one to finish counting

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

skylined! posted:

I wonder if GA goes blue, if Fox has the balls to say Biden wins with their early AZ call in doubt right now.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

It seems exceedingly likely that there will be a winner.

Feb 2, 2005

Almost certainly.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So is AZ safe still or should pants be poo poo in response to its tightening

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

wilderthanmild posted:

Source on this?

NYT latest updates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

nate fisher posted:

I wonder if GA goes blue, if Fox has the balls to say Biden wins with their early AZ call in doubt right now.

They have a built-in excuse to avoid calling GA as blue on their map, because it's almost certainly going to land within a recount margin.