Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I mean,I was having fun loving around scanning the entire universe on poo poo like capture missions but now that I have to clear the endless nodes it's time to sober up and out my serious face on.

Doombat knows what's up,though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

slow_twitch posted:

The convectrix vid is pretty cool but.. why bother when you can do a lot more damage with any half decent melee..

Clicking badguys is fun mashing E is not fun
QED

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

slow_twitch posted:

fun and steel path do not mix

but yeah absolutely if you like it go hog wild..

I had the most fun with steel path when I used the buddy system.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

also it's entirely possible to use a wide variety of stuff in sortie-level content

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Honestly the fun part of this game is going bugnuts on tough enemies and figuring out ways to kill them more fasterer.

Which is why I am never doing the Glassmaker boss fight because holy gently caress is it frustrating, time-consuming, and just a general pain in the rear end that's designed in a way antithetical to the rest of the game.

Like...seriously, Warframe is a power fantasy and the best parts of it are abusing the mechanics to do insane poo poo. Having all of your powers except ~~MOVEMENT~~ shut off while you face a big, slow dickhead with insta-kill attacks sucks copious amounts of rear end.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

dragonshardz posted:

Honestly the fun part of this game is going bugnuts on tough enemies and figuring out ways to kill them more fasterer.

Which is why I am never doing the Glassmaker boss fight because holy gently caress is it frustrating, time-consuming, and just a general pain in the rear end that's designed in a way antithetical to the rest of the game.

Like...seriously, Warframe is a power fantasy and the best parts of it are abusing the mechanics to do insane poo poo. Having all of your powers except ~~MOVEMENT~~ shut off while you face a big, slow dickhead with insta-kill attacks sucks copious amounts of rear end.

The worst thing about the fight is how slow those projectiles are. Holy poo poo, it feels like they move at the speed of smell and gravity just wants to pull them down as quickly as possible.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

slow_twitch posted:

fun and steel path do not mix
Finally let me play my fav Nyx to her full potential and made ragdoll-ball Vauban viable, so :colbert:

(having to do long surv grinds for essence sucks tho)

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Clicking badguys is fun mashing E is not fun
QED

Bind melee to m1, problem solved :colbert:

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

mouse on thumb button was the best choice I ever made.

Also roll on the OTHER thumb button.

its a pretty good setup that enables a lot more freedom and casual mobility without cramping your keyboard hand.

I don't recommend it for anyone smoothscroll, but I put 'fire' on mousewheel down, switch weapons on mouse up, and switch fire mode on middle depress as well.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Is smooth scroll the thing that makes me randomly scroll down without even touching the scroll wheel?

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

The worst thing about the fight is how slow those projectiles are. Holy poo poo, it feels like they move at the speed of smell and gravity just wants to pull them down as quickly as possible.

Yeah, if they followed a flatter trajectory it would be half as annoying. At least they had the good sense to bind the throw to the fire button this time, not R3, but it's still a nightmare to aim accurately.

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Finally let me play my fav Nyx to her full potential and made ragdoll-ball Vauban viable, so :colbert:

(having to do long surv grinds for essence sucks tho)

Yeah one of the best things about SP imo is that some lesser used frames like hildryn and baruuk really got to shine.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

slow_twitch posted:

some lesser used frames like hildryn

:stare: You take that back

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

i got my first riven in game...and the first challenge requires me to have my archwing launcher, ofc

so even if it's dead I'd like an invite to the ps4 clan if possible, as opposed to joining some random pubbies... PSN is Anthrovore

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

PS5 teaser is up, looking a lot more in-line with the PC version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jC9t9RdLqo

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

DoombatINC posted:

I would settle for the Plains loading even as fast as they do on the PS4 in that trailer.

Guess I'm buying a PS5...

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

free hubcaps posted:

i got my first riven in game...and the first challenge requires me to have my archwing launcher, ofc

so even if it's dead I'd like an invite to the ps4 clan if possible, as opposed to joining some random pubbies... PSN is Anthrovore

I invited you last night, definitely the corpus

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Pipski posted:

I would settle for the Plains loading even as fast as they do on the PS4 in that trailer.

Guess I'm buying a PS5...

Installing Warframe on an SSD makes a huge difference, and good quality lower-capacity ones can be had for like 40-ish bucks

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Guilty posted:

Is smooth scroll the thing that makes me randomly scroll down without even touching the scroll wheel?

Yup, and if you have a mouse that can toggle back and forth between that it's exceedingly lazy to toss melee on mw down or up, highly recommended to really get all that you can out of all your bonus attack speed.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Yeah being able to mouse wheel bind semi auto gun triggers is like the one thing I miss about m+kb

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

DoombatINC posted:

I mean I'm not gonna lie, that trailer looked incredibly badass. Very much leaning into the raw power fantasy that is Warframe.

Maybe with ps5/Xbox one x s fridge, they'll get closer to their actual goal of proper cross platform.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

hazardousmouse posted:

I invited you last night, definitely the corpus

oh poo poo my bad, i thought the clan was called LLJK or something else. Thanks!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Guilty posted:

Yeah. My mouse also has a switch to go from clucky scrolling to HYPER SMOOTH mode.
It's a hoot for certain games but not something I consider using on a regular basis.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Devstream is live, and glaives are getting significant improvements!

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Oh gently caress yes they're adding 5 daily Steel Path mission alerts :neckbeard: and Teshin's getting some mysterious rotating rewards

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Acolytes being Steel Path mini bosses is pretty alright, steel path dailies for matchmaking and more steel essence is also pretty alright. They should do the same for rail jack whenever they get around to adding more content to that mode.

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

Freakin decent touch-ups to Nekros and Nidus coming, love to see it

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
new augments
Garuda: Seeking Talons Augment - Tap to perform a 7m AoE around Garuda. Garuda's Talons gain 100% additional Combo Count Chance when hitting targets affected by Bleed Status.
Gauss: Mach Rush Augment - Impact shockwave leaves behind a vacuum that sucks in enemies within 8m.
Revenant: Enthrall Augment - Gain +10% Primary Weapon Damage for each active Thrall.
Wisp: Breach Surge Augment - Teleporting to a Reservoir costs 50% Energy and grants 10% Critical Chance to Sniper Rifles per meter traveled for 9s. Maximum of 350% Critical Chance.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
oh god that gara

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Garuda is my powerful real friend

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

New weapon class: Briefcase

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Wisp: Breach Surge Augment - Teleporting to a Reservoir costs 50% Energy and grants 10% Critical Chance to Sniper Rifles per meter traveled for 9s. Maximum of 350% Critical Chance.

stop trying to make sniper rifles happen, they're not going to happen

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

BMan posted:

stop trying to make sniper rifles happen, they're not going to happen

*narrator voice* due to weird math and bug interactions sniper rifles did, in fact, happen

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

notably the best sniper augment in the game, ambush optics, is the one that makes it less of a sniper rifle

Found Sound
Jun 8, 2010

i love it. solutions for extremely high-stakes corporate lawyering

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
What are changing with Nidus?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

What are changing with Nidus?

It's now chance to get stacks no matter how they die in the ball.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

genericnick posted:

It's now chance to get stacks no matter how they die in the ball.

In addition to getting them from Virulence?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

They didn't mention removing the virulence synergy, so I imagine so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

:shrug: