Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Covok posted:

gently caress, so we're losing NV?

No we have a bit more cushion in NV then we did before please get some calming tea or smoke some weed or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Covok posted:

Nope.

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/1324401299870240769

Two of the larger rural counties barely managed to drop Biden's lead by 500 votes, after the most recent Clark dump gave him an extra few thousands to his lead.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/The_Law_Boy/status/1324397446806544385

DeJoy needs to go to prison.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

The Glumslinger posted:

All in favor of the GND plus the plan to give every person in WV a million bucks?
Robert Byrd rises from the dead to vote yea.

Lord Harbor
Apr 17, 2005
Bruce Campbell: You've stolen my heart, but you'll never take my freedom
Nap Ghost

skylined! posted:

Uh combined votes in the race for Isaksons seat has Dems in the lead at 48.2 vs 47.7 when you combine all votes last I checked.

It’s doable with trump off the ticket and following a Biden win in the state.

Working off the NYT numbers, the Republicans running for the seat are Loeffler 26.1, Collins 20.1, Grayson 1.1, Jackson 0.9, Taylor 0.8, Johnson 0.7. That sums to 49.7. You get a similar number if you go by raw vote totals.

There are still outstanding votes that will likely go for Warnock, but I don't know if it puts the Dems in the lead.

EDIT:

But if these are as Dem leaning as the other mail-ins, then yeah, they might have a chance.

Lord Harbor fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Nov 5, 2020

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

JazzFlight posted:

LOL, buddy, I have lingering Nov 3rd, 2020 trauma.

Don't get me wrong, the constant deluge of "Oh man we're not doing as well as the initial polls said, but there are still lots of votes to count, we'll have to see where this goes" left me demoralized too, but it was a shitload more manageable than "Haha Hillary has this in the bag, let's go party... wait, I looked away for an hour and Trump is confirmed to win in a landslide, what the fuuuuuuck" pit of despair that was 11/3/16

BougieBitch posted:

The people who voted for a libertarian candidate in the first place seem unlikely to show up for round 2. The hope is that Dems are voting for their lives while Republicans are voting for MAGA, and with Trump already out the turnout will shift. Given that it is looking like Biden will win state-wide, it doesn't seem crazy to assume that Biden making a personal appeal to help him pass pandemic relief would get good results in the specials

I'm not entirely convinced by the "Trump being on the ballot just creates a rift in the Warp that fucks up all of our polling" theory but I will admit that I can foresee a lot of MAGA people being demoralized enough to stay home if it's not directly about him. That's one of the downsides of creating a cult of personality I guess

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

I cannot rest easy until we achieve fully automated luxury gay space communism.

But since that won't happen, I guess I'll just die in the resource/climate wars like the rest of you.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Militree posted:

No we have a bit more cushion in NV then we did before please get some calming tea or smoke some weed or something.

Weed is not legal in NY.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Militree posted:

oooh some calming Tea, thank you for reminding me I have some

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Covok posted:

Weed is not legal in NY.

Buddy, let me tell you something about weed: it's available in places where it isn't legal yet!

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Rinkles posted:

Nevada is only 6 votes.

Some places have called AZ so Nevada gives him 270.

But yes, I think PA is definitely going Biden too so it is a moot point. Biden will hit 290 or 306 depending on whether he takes Georgia. NC will keep counting for a long time because they accept ballots very late as long as they are postmarked by Nov 3, but I think Trump holds there. Popular vote will also be decisive. It’s 3.5M and will only grow because California takes ages to count.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

w00tmonger posted:

what is this spreadsheet grabbing from?

It is literally the first line in the link.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Covok posted:

Weed is not legal in NY.

Drive to loving Massachusetts or something, it's not like it's the other side of the country.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
https://twitter.com/roywoodjr/status/1324388900970860547

Covok posted:

Weed is not legal in NY.

furthermore i don't think someone with your levels of untreated anxiety should just go smoke weed. i'm not joking, either.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

I don't know about y'all, but having a president that isn't openly hateful towards, and encouraging violence against Muslims is pretty cool to me.

Even if he isn't as progressive as I'd like I'll take the small victory.

He argued for the Iraq War despite knowing the WMDs are bullshit. Biden's killed more Muslims than Trump.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Lord Harbor posted:

Working off the NYT numbers, the Republicans running for the seat are Loeffler 26.1, Collins 20.1, Grayson 1.1, Jackson 0.9, Taylor 0.8, Johnson 0.7. That sums to 49.7. You get a similar number if you go by raw vote totals.

There are still outstanding votes that will likely go for Warnock, but I don't know if it puts the Dems in the lead.

Changed since I counted last. I’m still optimistic.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Inglonias posted:

I cannot rest easy until we achieve fully automated luxury gay space communism.

But since that won't happen, I guess I'll just die in the resource/climate wars like the rest of you.

Inglonias posted:

So as long as nothing is happening, who wants to swap recipes?

Someone either please respond to my panicked shitposting or probate me for a few hours. At this point I don't care which.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

jesus loving christ

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
Some of you guys need to realize how outsized Clark is in relation to the rest of the NV. It's literally >70% of the population of the entire state. Add in Washoe and you're at almost 90%. These other counties have almost no people in them. 90% of Nevada's land is federally owned.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Do you have to cast a ballot in the general to vote in the runoff elections? This could cost Dems a senate seat.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Nah, prison would be too lenient for him imo

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
If only we had known before that the USPS was planning on doing this....

Oh. Right, yeah thanks McConnell

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Slowpoke! posted:

Do you have to cast a ballot in the general to vote in the runoff elections? This could cost Dems a senate seat.

No, you can even register up until December 7th to be eligible to vote in it

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?

Covok posted:

Yes, we are also now losing in California, the Solomon Islands, and Narnia. :rolleyes:

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

mediaphage posted:

furthermore i don't think someone with your levels of untreated anxiety should just go smoke weed. i'm not joking, either.

100%.

Go watch the British Baking show or Repair Shop or whatever. Weed is a bad choice for anxiety. Even indica.

Thread, where we at? PA still isn't called?

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Don't get me wrong, the constant deluge of "Oh man we're not doing as well as the initial polls said, but there are still lots of votes to count, we'll have to see where this goes" left me demoralized too, but it was a shitload more manageable than "Haha Hillary has this in the bag, let's go party... wait, I looked away for an hour and Trump is confirmed to win in a landslide, what the fuuuuuuck" pit of despair that was 11/3/16

I'm not entirely convinced by the "Trump being on the ballot just creates a rift in the Warp that fucks up all of our polling" theory but I will admit that I can foresee a lot of MAGA people being demoralized enough to stay home if it's not directly about him. That's one of the downsides of creating a cult of personality I guess

How about this then? If Biden spends the rest of his warchest on making sure everyone gets their vote in on time that's easy bonus votes relative to the initial race.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Covok posted:

gently caress off and learn to read.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Why is Covok even allowed to shitpost anymore? It was maybe amusing once, but coming in to irritate and antagonize people stupidly is old now. Time to retire.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
I don't think we can count on GA. AP is saying Trump has a 15k lead with 50k remaining. Even if Biden comes back it will be well within recount territory, no way it is decisively called for Biden before NV and PA are called.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Lol even Bad Nate is doing it
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1324360734860607488?s=19

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Slowpoke! posted:

Not necessarily, if wind is taken out of sails a lot of Trumpists could stay home. (Or they could be fully motivated by fears of giving the Senate to the Dems, or the Dems could stay home because they feel safe now Biden is President, or who knows?)

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Jaxyon posted:

Last I heard, they still had ~500k votes to count.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Jaxyon posted:

100%.

Go watch the British Baking show or Repair Shop or whatever. Weed is a bad choice for anxiety. Even indica.

I recommend Time Team and Taskmaster. British television is just a kinder gentler place.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Geshtal posted:

Yes, we are also now losing in California, the Solomon Islands, and Narnia. :rolleyes:

God drat you, Aslan!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Jaxyon posted:

100%.

PA isn't called but its still on track to be a very comfortable Biden win. Biden is overperforming in Clark county in Nevada which is making Nevada look more and more like a sure thing (there was supposed to be a fairly trump favorable ballot dump today and it ended up netting Biden 4k votes). Georgia is tight but increasingly looks like Biden's gonna win.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Slowpoke! posted:

No.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Jaxyon posted:

100%.

The British Baking Show is anxiety inducing as gently caress man.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Jaxyon posted:

Nope, probably won't be for a good while yet, but Numbers People have said that once Biden takes the lead it's effectively over, so once that happens we can all stop F5ing and resume actually living our lives

Kale
May 14, 2010

berserker posted:

Some of you guys need to realize how outsized Clark is in relation to the rest of the NV. It's literally >70% of the population of the entire state. Add in Washoe and you're at almost 90%. These other counties have almost no people in them. 90% of Nevada's land is federally owned.

Too put it another simpler way Clark County contains literal Las Vegas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Thank you folks for the update, I appreciate it.

skylined! posted:

The British Baking Show is anxiety inducing as gently caress man.

I guess you got Baking Perfectionism Anxiety, and I respect that.

Or Paul's cruel gaze triggers something.