Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Well, this is obviously what was meant.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1l5PFs2eTc

Oh, nope. Here ya go: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_(1986_film)

I always get a linguistic thrill out of the sub-title pun for the second film in the series. House 2: The Second Story :dadjoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

ynohtna posted:

Well, this is obviously what was meant.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1l5PFs2eTc

Oh, nope. Here ya go: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_(1986_film)

I always get a linguistic thrill out of the sub-title pun for the second film in the series. House 2: The Second Story :dadjoke:

The sequel really had the best subtitle. :allears:

Also, weird thing... George Wendt (Norm from Cheers) was in House.

John Ratzenberger (Cliff, also from Cheers) was in House 2.

None of that was planned beforehand, and was a complete coincidence.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

It's technically only a trilogy because House 3 is a completely unrelated movie that randomly decided to use the name so the people making the House movies decided to call their third movie House 4 so the two movies wouldn't get mixed up.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

rodbeard posted:

It's technically only a trilogy because House 3 is a completely unrelated movie that randomly decided to use the name so the people making the House movies decided to call their third movie House 4 so the two movies wouldn't get mixed up.

That’s OK. They should have stopped at two, anyway.

The first House is good, especially if you want to see the Greatest American Hero fight Bull Shannon in zombie Vietnam.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I was looking for the really creepy scene with the demon woman (when she's behind the bedroom door), and found that the whole movie is on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epTX8VeFqoM

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Right on, House rules. And Norm and Cliff rule. I've gotta see House 2.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Skip 4 this is the only good scene: https://youtu.be/CDZoPxi7r64

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Want to say it was a Disney film, or at least shown on one of those "Wonderful World of Disney" programs. I think it was set in the early 1900s (but maybe not), and it was about a couple of kids who maybe live in/near a swamp, and they build a fake "Loch Ness" style monster that they paddle around in, possibly as a way to scam money by taking photos of the "monster"

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Davros1 posted:

Want to say it was a Disney film, or at least shown on one of those "Wonderful World of Disney" programs. I think it was set in the early 1900s (but maybe not), and it was about a couple of kids who maybe live in/near a swamp, and they build a fake "Loch Ness" style monster that they paddle around in, possibly as a way to scam money by taking photos of the "monster"

Not sure if it’s the same but parts of the description sounds like The Quest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qYcFOta4CY

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Davros1 posted:

The Strange Monster of Strawberry Cove.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Bless you

CrayZHorse
Apr 3, 2002
Glue!

Toshimo posted:

Possibly Getter Robo-G:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mruiTYrYEKg&t=724s

Your description matches the Shine Spark move which is a signature of the franchise:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVmuAbdbec4&t=369s

That's it! You are a gentleman and a scholar! Many thanks!

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

This was a film I saw on TV some time in the late-80s/early-to-mid 90s, I was a kid at the time, so it's not too clear. The film was set in a 50s cinema showing a Plan 9-style movie and it would cut back and forth between the events in the mostly-deserted cinema and the movie that was showing. In the cinema there was some kind of monster that was quietly attacking and killing people. One of the characters I remember there was a woman with a really bad cold, and there was a running gag involving her trying to get rid of the copious amounts of snot she produced. At one point, it winds up in the drink cup of a couple who spend most of the movie making out.

The movie that's being played is an obvious parody of an Ed Wood film. I think it's about a young boy, about ten or so, trying to stop an invasion of saucer men or something. The film is all in black and white. There's several bits where in order to go somewhere, he just hops in a car (like a 1940s sedan) and drives off, but the driving sequence is always stock footage, so if he gets in while its dark, the driving segment is in broad daylight.

At the end, the woman with the cold ends up killing the monster by eating it (I think). One of the cinema staff looks on and says the 'twas beauty that killed the beast' line from King Kong and that's basically the end. The whole thing was just shy of being an outright parody, but definitely wasn't on the serious end of things.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

This was a film I saw on TV some time in the late-80s/early-to-mid 90s, I was a kid at the time, so it's not too clear. The film was set in a 50s cinema showing a Plan 9-style movie and it would cut back and forth between the events in the mostly-deserted cinema and the movie that was showing. In the cinema there was some kind of monster that was quietly attacking and killing people. One of the characters I remember there was a woman with a really bad cold, and there was a running gag involving her trying to get rid of the copious amounts of snot she produced. At one point, it winds up in the drink cup of a couple who spend most of the movie making out.

The movie that's being played is an obvious parody of an Ed Wood film. I think it's about a young boy, about ten or so, trying to stop an invasion of saucer men or something. The film is all in black and white. There's several bits where in order to go somewhere, he just hops in a car (like a 1940s sedan) and drives off, but the driving sequence is always stock footage, so if he gets in while its dark, the driving segment is in broad daylight.

At the end, the woman with the cold ends up killing the monster by eating it (I think). One of the cinema staff looks on and says the 'twas beauty that killed the beast' line from King Kong and that's basically the end. The whole thing was just shy of being an outright parody, but definitely wasn't on the serious end of things.

Maybe Matinee?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Price Check posted:

Maybe Matinee?

Definitely not, no. Fairly certain it wasn't Popcorn either, before someone suggests that.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Midnight Movie Massacre https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095630/

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
An early episode of Criminal Minds opens with Bach's Cello Suite No 1 which has me convinced that I've seen another show open with the same piece of music. I thought it was Elementary but from looking at the wiki, although that piece has been used in two episodes it wasn't the opening scene either time. Figured I'd ask here on the off chance :v:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

First thing that jumps into my head is an insurance commercial, or something similar.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Doing ctrl+f on this page: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001925/ for "Cello Suite No. 1" and "Cello Suite No.1" comes up with ~60 results.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
The brilliant Nero Wolfe TV series from 2000s might have used this, it usually has differing opening music per episode.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
It would never have occurred to me that Bach has an imdb page, his agent puts in work I guess :v:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Pilchenstein posted:

It would never have occurred to me that Bach has an imdb page, his agent puts in work I guess :v:

Hitler has an IMDB page

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
You think that's bad? I have an IMDB page.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I recorded a song for a commercial for Simpsons reruns for a local TV channel like 20 years ago, where the gently caress is my IMDB entry???

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

feedmyleg posted:

Me too! With a writing credit. I wrote a Naked Gun adventure game with a writer from one of the Naked Gun movies!

Homer: that's good!

...the third one...

Homer: that's bad.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Looks like that may be it, but it also looks like it's not available legally in the UK. Either way, thanks!

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

feedmyleg posted:

Me too. :smug:

AND I'LL NEVER LET YOU ALL FORGET IT.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

therattle posted:

Me too. :smug:

AND I'LL NEVER LET YOU ALL FORGET IT.

Forget what?

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

My boyfriend doesn't maintain his IMDb page, so seeing new credits pop up is a good indicator of what's popular.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I remember seeing a preview in like the late 90s/early 00s where a married couple lose their son in a horrible accident and adopt a new son (potentially a clone or android or something, known to them if that's the case) and there's like an implied hidden evil nature to the kid in the preview.

Trying to search for it just turns up stuff about AI, and it was a completely different tone.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Power of Pecota posted:

I remember seeing a preview in like the late 90s/early 00s where a married couple lose their son in a horrible accident and adopt a new son (potentially a clone or android or something, known to them if that's the case) and there's like an implied hidden evil nature to the kid in the preview.

Trying to search for it just turns up stuff about AI, and it was a completely different tone.

Godsend.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I had someone add weirs trivia to mine. :stare: Nothing salacious, just dumb stuff, like nicknames I never had.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

God, I love this thread. I haven't thought about that since I saw a trailer for it in theaters when I was 13 and in an hour and a half somebody nails it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I saw this film with two older actors as the main characters, I believe one of them was a detective hunting the other one down (I can't recall why). The whole film was really slow and I don't remember if they ever met each other until the end. I remember the setting but really rural, lots of tall pine trees and tons of fog. In the end the guy being hunted abandons the cabin he's been living in and they have a really, really slow chase through the fog and I remember in the end the detective just lets him go and the guy escapes via plane or helicopter.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
I saw a preview for a movie a long time ago (probably late 90s or early 00s) that I've wondered about over the years.

There was something about a blind person who could now see, I think? The only scene I really remember is this person staring at a taxi cab across the street, then reaching out and grabbing the taxi and it wasn't a taxi that was far away as first appeared but a small sign or car figurine or something that was actually close to them.

artsy fartsy fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Nov 19, 2020

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

artsy fartsy posted:

I saw a preview for a movie a long time ago (probably late 90s or early 00s) that I've wondered about over the years.

There was something about a blind person who could now see, I think? The only scene I really remember is this person staring at a taxi cab across the street, then reaching out and grabbing the taxi and it wasn't a taxi that was far away as first appeared but a small sign or car figurine or something that was actually close to them.
At First Sight?

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Metaline posted:

At First Sight?

From the description I read I wouldn't be surprised if this is it. I'm tickled that it's apparently based on something Oliver Sacks wrote--I absolutely love his books. Looking forward to checking this out, thanks!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

sigher posted:

I saw this film with two older actors as the main characters, I believe one of them was a detective hunting the other one down (I can't recall why). The whole film was really slow and I don't remember if they ever met each other until the end. I remember the setting but really rural, lots of tall pine trees and tons of fog. In the end the guy being hunted abandons the cabin he's been living in and they have a really, really slow chase through the fog and I remember in the end the detective just lets him go and the guy escapes via plane or helicopter.

This sounds kind of like Insomnia

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

oldpainless posted:

I looked it up and seeing Al Pacino's name I knew it was right... However I don't remember loving Robin Williams in this, I thought it was DeNiro if anything. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

oldpainless posted:

*sigh*

More like oldsleepless.