Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

highme posted:

The gently caress muppets in brodozers with dumb loving "Infidel" or "OREGUNIAN"* stickers often have some sticker in Arabic. They're using an Arabic slur that means "unbeliever" as a badge of honor.

* - That's probably only here.

nah, seen plenty of those infidel stickers here in VA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I meant the OREGUNIAN one.

The make this a more valuable post. What are folks preferences on getting surprise beers? Do you prefer singles, doubles etc., when you're tasting things? When I'm done working in another hour I'm going to take a walk to grab some cans and figured I'll add to my shipment stash as well.

highme fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Nov 4, 2020

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

highme posted:

The make this a more valuable post. What are folks preferences on getting surprise beers? Do you prefer singles, doubles etc., when you're tasting things? When I'm done working in another hour I'm going to take a walk to grab some cans and figured I'll add to my shipment stash as well.

I'm curious about the answer to this too! Personally I'm good with anything from singlets to four packs, but I am also extremely easy to please with surprise stuff.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Just beers and more beers

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

highme posted:

Honestly my favorite surprise beers are usually the cheap/lovely variety accompanied by a note that explains why you like the beer.
They're usually gifts from non-beer-lievers though who know nothing about good beer, but know I like beer.

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

Maybe its because of being in/around the military, but seeing كافر is jarringly common. Now that you know, maybe you'll see it more often too!

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
So are we doing SA Beer Exchange 2020 (holiday edition) posts in here? Because I got a lovely shipment from America's Wang today. Thank you! :respek:

(Also thank you for saving me the trouble of getting a proper shipping container — I'll be using this one to send mine soon.)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Just snagged a 6'er of Anchor's 2020 Christmas Ale. Not as spicy as I feel like they usually are, but still full of malty deliciousness.

Hopefully the magnum bottles show up soon, I always like picking up one or 2 of those for Christmas Eve and NYE.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Real Name Grover posted:

So are we doing SA Beer Exchange 2020 (holiday edition) posts in here? Because I got a lovely shipment from America's Wang today. Thank you! :respek:

(Also thank you for saving me the trouble of getting a proper shipping container — I'll be using this one to send mine soon.)

i would not be sad if Barriehaus was local to me, and also neat to finally see some Magnanimous package

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

funkybottoms posted:

i would not be sad if Barriehaus was local to me, and also neat to finally see some Magnanimous package

I'm gonna go there asap when quarantine is over

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

Shelton Brothers is getting forced into liquidation

https://www.goodbeerhunting.com/sightlines/2020/11/5/shelton-brothers-ceases-operations

hope i can reverse the transactions for the tickets to their next festival because lmao at ever getting a refund now :pwn:

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Barriehause and the columbia were the highlight of that poo poo show tbbw.

I have 2 tickets for shelton as well :(

Apache
May 11, 2004

Real Name Grover posted:

I got a FedEx shipment notification from Florida for something I didn't order

well well well

That was probably the BiF from me.

edit, looks like it arrived intact. Enjoy

Apache fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Nov 6, 2020

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
If Mikkeller buys Shelton they will basically have a monopoly on sour beer / whale distribution, both in and out of the US.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Apache posted:

That was probably the BiF from me.

edit, looks like it arrived intact. Enjoy

1. Thank you so much, dude. Already drank the Oktoberfest (very good) and Magnanimous DIPA, which was about the haziest drat beer I've seen in daylight.

2. RE: packaging, how'd you wrap them? Something you own at home?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Scarf posted:

Just snagged a 6'er of Anchor's 2020 Christmas Ale. Not as spicy as I feel like they usually are, but still full of malty deliciousness.

Hopefully the magnum bottles show up soon, I always like picking up one or 2 of those for Christmas Eve and NYE.

Is that the one that tastes like pine needles?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Also, by the way, I’m holding off on sending my BIF box for a bit. I’m in CT but there are a couple MA breweries I wanted to hit for cans (Treehouse). Unfortunately with the COVID bump recently the border is “closed” unless I want to risk a $500 fine. I’m hoping that changes so I’m holding out for a bit before sending my box.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

thotsky posted:

If Mikkeller buys Shelton they will basically have a monopoly on sour beer / whale distribution, both in and out of the US.

Wut.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It could happen!!!1111a!!

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
The article seemed to imply them as a possible buyer of Shelton Bros assets. If they're also able to pick up their contracts on importing European lambics (Cantillon, 3 Fonteinen) and various other funky beers that would make for an interesting pairing with their current handling of the export of Side Project, Hill Farmstead, Tired hands etc.

Apache
May 11, 2004

Real Name Grover posted:

1. Thank you so much, dude. Already drank the Oktoberfest (very good) and Magnanimous DIPA, which was about the haziest drat beer I've seen in daylight.

2. RE: packaging, how'd you wrap them? Something you own at home?

I used a food saver vacuum sealer. Figured that way if a bottle or can leaked it wouldn't ruin the box and get it returned or confiscated.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Is that the one that tastes like pine needles?

Maybe in years past? Def not getting any of that in this year's release.

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

Real Name Grover posted:

That looks like some drat fine beer.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

thotsky posted:

The article seemed to imply them as a possible buyer of Shelton Bros assets. If they're also able to pick up their contracts on importing European lambics (Cantillon, 3 Fonteinen) and various other funky beers that would make for an interesting pairing with their current handling of the export of Side Project, Hill Farmstead, Tired hands etc.

Thats a very long way from a monopoly, especially for us outside the US

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Just looked up the Sam Adams winter variety pack and what is this trash? Sam 76, a bog standard IPA, white ale, and Boston lager. That's all warm weather brews and Boston lager is just whatever and needs to stop being included in every seasonal pack. Only the Winter and the Holiday porter are worth anything in there, and they've apparently changed the Winter recipe so who knows what that's even like?

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Quiet Feet posted:

Just looked up the Sam Adams winter variety pack and what is this trash? Sam 76, a bog standard IPA, white ale, and Boston lager. That's all warm weather brews and Boston lager is just whatever and needs to stop being included in every seasonal pack. Only the Winter and the Holiday porter are worth anything in there, and they've apparently changed the Winter recipe so who knows what that's even like?

Even as someone who hasn't bought a mixed seasonal pack from a brewer the size of Sam Adams in, like, a decade, this makes me sad. Those pack-only things were always an easy way for them to release something more fun than their standards and get it into people's glasses.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Quiet Feet posted:

Not even old fezziwigs? That was a nice treat once a year

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
Don't have to deal with the cranberry lambic anymore at least

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

Not even old fezziwigs? That was a nice treat once a year

Apparently not. Guess I'll grab a six-pack of the winter lager but at this point I don't want to risk that they turned that into a clunker so that's probably it.

Toebone posted:

My parents had a dog that routinely ate its own poop but took one sniff at a spill of cranberry lambic and wanted nothing to do with it. I think that sums up that particular beer.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Speaking of seasonal variety packs, I’ve sold a fuckton of these. Turns out if you just go balls to the walls crazy holiday flavors, people will buy it.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I love how they don't even mention the base beer style or if its the same amber ale with random poo poo in it.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
One of my friends brought over some dunkin donuts variety pack trash on Halloween, I tried the coffee porter and it was pretty bad. I'm sure the jelly donut IPA was outstanding though.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Toebone posted:

I don't think I've seen it in 25 years at least, but when 18-19 year old me discovered that poo poo my mind was blown.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Mahoning posted:

Speaking of seasonal variety packs, I’ve sold a fuckton of these. Turns out if you just go balls to the walls crazy holiday flavors, people will buy it.

:barf:

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

I had 3 out of the 4 and they were all pretty decent. The sugar cookie one legit tastes like a sugar cookie.

The salted caramel one is just a minor change from their regular coldspresso blonde.

The raspberry truffle was just a decent stout with raspberry.

They weren’t all that bad.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Mahoning posted:

A decade ago I would have batted an eye at buying one of those. Now I probably wouldn't touch it unless I could get a 4-pack.

Actually makes me pine for the Jones soda Christmas pack they used to sell a long time ago. Think it was gingerbread, sugar plum, peppermint and I forget what the last one was but I know that when they went on holiday clearance I bought the last 4 packa I found. But I guess this isn't the soda thread.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mahoning posted:

I had 3 out of the 4 and they were all pretty decent. The sugar cookie one legit tastes like a sugar cookie.

The salted caramel one is just a minor change from their regular coldspresso blonde.

yeah, thats exactly what a sales rep would say!

I'M ON TOO YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Mahoning posted:

not trying to knock your enjoyment of them, but literally nothing about their description or yours appeals to me in any way

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Hauki posted:

not trying to knock your enjoyment of them, but literally nothing about their description or yours appeals to me in any way

Then the beer wasn’t meant for you. It’s sad to say as a craft beer drinker that this variety pack sells better than like 95% of other craft beers.

I would never have drank any of those beers if I didn’t sell them. At the same time, I didn’t think they were bad if you’re not expecting much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mahoning posted:

I seriously thought it was a k-cup box, not a case of beer