Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Like seriously, shouldn't Tanahashi and Okada get a fair amount of credit towards steadying and revitalising wrestling in Japan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Vagabundo posted:

Like seriously, shouldn't Tanahashi and Okada get a fair amount of credit towards steadying and revitalising wrestling in Japan?

Tanahashi & Nakamura basically carried New Japan on their backs through the dark pre-Bushiroad years of the '00s, & then Tanahashi more or less sacrificed the end of his prime to put over Okada so New Japan had the future secured. He was unbelievably selfless, & not just by pro-wrestling standards. If you don't like watching the New Japan main event style of the Tanahashi & Okada eras then whatever, it's a matter of taste. But denying their absolute importance to the company's recovery is exceedingly silly. Gedo & Bushiroad rightly deserve a lot of credit but Tanahashi essentially moulded the current New Japan in his image

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, Tanahashi isn't the only person involved in modern NJPW being a success but it wouldn't of been without him. He was a company man at a time where being one was actively hurting him because the company was doing real bad.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

What the gently caress :stare:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/NJPWFanClubNA/status/1324450203655577600

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Kenny I need you to apologise to me and to my collection of New Japan teddybears.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Desperately trying to figure out what the gently caress that dude is talking about

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Dangerous Person posted:

Desperately trying to figure out what the gently caress that dude is talking about
Looking at the whole thread, he...thinks Omega was mean to Ibushi and NJPW? Or something?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Dangerous Person posted:

When you find out the truth you will be ashamed of your words and deeds.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NJPWFanClubNA/status/1324478302925418496

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Big Mad because Kenny and the Bucks formed their own company instead of spearheading a NJPW USA expansion I think.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dangerous Person posted:

I've heard "The Elite screwed New Japan by walking out on their US Expansion plans" a lot. Seems like an expanded version of that

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Christ that's dumb

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://mobile.twitter.com/NJPWFanClubNA/status/1324469994512556032

... that for the first time in twenty years theres a viable western wrestling company competing directly with WWE or does he think AEW caused covid?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

So is this guy just someone who pretends they work for njpw?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

So is this guy just someone who pretends they work for njpw?

https://twitter.com/NJPWFanClubNA/status/1324454050058829825

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Oh no that's even sadder

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Is that Sonny Ohno?

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

They're all just out of frame, mad at Kenny Omega as well.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

By "assisting with fandom events and relations" I assume they mean they don't cause too much trouble for security when they have to remove him from the building again

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Maybe just worked at the venue. I could claim that I am associated with Post Malone.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Maxwell Lord posted:

I could claim that I am associated with Post Malone.

Might want to sit on that one on case it's ever grounds for up to 10 years in federal prison.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Two comparable situations.

https://twitter.com/nickl104/status/1324515912930729985

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Blessing this thread with the non-erotic Su Yung fanfic I accidentally read and now you have to.

quote:

Once upon a time (because isn't that always how these things start? There was a beautiful young girl named Suzie, who lived in a village in the mountains of rural Japan. Suzie was a sweet, shy, virtuous young girl, the most beautiful in her village, and some said, all of Japan.

Suzie lived with her father, her mother had passed away from scarlet fever when Suzie had been a child. Her father languished in grief for her mother, and over time turned to strong drink and gambling more and more to console his pain. As his own life spiraled out of control though, he worked hard to keep his vices from his daughter, she loved him fiercely, and he had no wish for her to think of him as a weak man. Days he worked as a cobbler for the village, and nights he waited until Suzie had gone to sleep, then snuck off to the houses of cards and dice.
Suzie grew into a stunning eighteen year old girl, and caught the eye of all the young men in the village. One of them, she fell in love with, the son of the butcher. The boy's father had a profitable business that the boy was set to inherit, and the lad was handsome and kind as well, and he worshipped the very ground the dainty feet of Suzie walked upon. Very soon, the young couple made their courtship public, and the young man asked her father for Suzie's hand in marriage. Her father was very happy, he saw that his daughter would be provided for, and he would be free to drink himself into an early grave where he hoped he would see his wife again in the afterlife.

There was a problem, however. Suzie's father, in his desperation, had turned to a yakuza for money, both to pay for Suzie's wedding, and to cover his gambling losses. His debt had been accumulating for months, and he owed more than he could ever hope to repay. The yakuza chieftain knew this, and like all men, he was not immune to Suzie's beauty, so he went to her father and made an offer:

"Give to me your daughter, and your debt is forgiven", the feared yakuza chieftain had said.

The father shook his head sadly, he loved his daughter too much to sentence her to the life of horror she would have to endure as the concubine of the yakuza. "Sir, I cannot" he had said, "I can do anything else, but I cannot do that."

"It is very unwise to refuse me," the angry yakuza had said, but the father remained steadfast, and refused the honored crime boss his prize.

The Yakuza had said nothing , just dismissed the father, who left trembling. The days went by, then weeks, and the father had begun to hope the tyrant had forgotten his threat. Then came the week of the wedding, and in the whirlwind of activity the father had never seen his Suzie so happy, he kept his greatest secret from her, for he was sure the yakuza would soon murder him.

The wedding was in the small village chapel, and the entire village attended. It was such a joyous occasion, and Suzie had never looked more stunning in her white wedding dress. The grooms father had roasted a pig for the event, and there was a feast to remember promised. The look of joy in Suzie's big brown eyes would be the last thing her father remembered.

Then the yakuzas killers entered the church. A few had pistols, most had katanas. There was screaming and chaos as the black-suited masked men arrived, then the first shots were fired into the crowd.

The villagers tried to escape the chapel, but the killers were among them, hacking with their swords. Blood coated and spattered the white wooden walls of the chapel, and the screams of the terrified and dying villagers could be heard for miles. Suzie and her father were captured and held alive by the brutes, and they waited while the yakuza chieftain stepped over bodies and entered the scene of the massacre. The vile man walked right up to Suzie and made her father watch as he ran his own sword through her, "No man may have her," he said as the young woman fell to the floor and lay dying, while her father wailed.

"Now, your debt is forgiven," the yakuza said, and beheaded Suzies father. With a sudden inspiration, he dipped his finger into the wound his katana had made in Suzies side, and wrote "Bloody Dead Bride" on her twitching leg, with it. Then, satisfied at his handiwork, he and his men left the now desecrated chapel.

At that moment, in that world that lies alongside this one, that Realm where Things We Dare Not Speak Of dwell, the demon who liked to call itself "Rosemary" raised its nose and smelled the scents of suffering and anguish. The demon had, for the past many years, been dwelling in the body of a nun, and it was in this body that the demon transported itself to the place of the suffering that had called it, the desecrated chapel.
Demons, like humans, come in many forms, and have many different personalities, and this particular demon, Rosemary, was quick to grow angry at the suffering of the truly innocent, and quicker to hash diabolical plots to punish those it felt deserved punishment.

Moving to the body of the dead bride Suzie, it knelt down and pitied her, here had been a truly innocent being! But it could be innocent no more. The demon added its own script to the label left behind by the yakuza, and changed the words written in blood on the dead woman's leg to say "Bloody UNdead Bride." Rosemary smiled, as she knew her work here had just begun.

Continued in Part 2 "The Birth of Su Yung"

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Why is there a Part 2 :gonk:

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I dunno. I thought that was ok

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

TV Zombie posted:

I dunno. I thought that was ok

"Now, your debt is forgiven," the yakuza said, and beheaded Suzies father. With a sudden inspiration, he dipped his finger into the wound his katana had made in Suzies side, and wrote "Bloody Dead Bride" on her twitching leg, with it. Then, satisfied at his handiwork, he and his men left the now desecrated chapel.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I consume awful media in order to (hopefully?) discern good stuff from bad.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
So there IS one other thing that the Unofficial NJPW USA Fan Club guy or whatever his name is might be referring to: The rumor that NJPW office was pissed at The Elite in large part over them shooting the official AEW announcement in their hotel in Tokyo and right outside the Tokyo Dome because they found it incredibly disrespectful in a very Japanese businessman-y way. That NJPW flew them there, NJPW put them up in the hotel, and NJPW was who was running the Tokyo Dome that week, so the video being shot the way it was came off to management as a disrespectful taunt. Knowing how the NJPW office can be about grudges ("loving JEFF JARRETT AND TNA!"), it's certainly realistic if nothing else.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Real strong notice me senpai energy from that fan club dude

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

He reminds me of that "roonmeister" guy who pretends to be a journalist "working on" an expose of Cody.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Maxwell Lord posted:

Maybe just worked at the venue. I could claim that I am associated with Post Malone.

gently caress, I completely forgot I'm an insider with the Rolling Stones :aaa:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Just been informed in a group DM that Unofficial NJPW Fan Club guy there once bought me a drink (and for anyone else in the Hub who was "in Japan for Wrestle Kingdom") so I'm on his team now.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Just been informed in a group DM that Unofficial NJPW Fan Club guy there once bought me a drink (and for anyone else in the Hub who was "in Japan for Wrestle Kingdom") so I'm on his team now.

WWE contracts also work like this

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

WWE contracts also work like this

Dark Order do the same but with Kool Aid.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

its no dixierotica

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Hey it didn't work the first three times, but lets try again.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

wait was that during new year's dash 2019? i have a vague memory of something like that possibly happening tho i'm not positive. if so he did for me as well

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Hey it didn't work the first three times, but lets try again.

Hey, what does confession mean?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Thauros posted:

wait was that during new year's dash 2019? i have a vague memory of something like that possibly happening tho i'm not positive. if so he did for me as well

I was at NYD, but it was January 2019 so the guy could've been super loving generous and doing it multiple nights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Lamuella posted:

Hey, what does confession mean?

it means it's from a blog where people send in opinions they want other people to get upset by to get off their chest without people getting upset at them