Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Mister Facetious posted:

🤔 already exists though. The rest are superfluous.

I do hope there's some decent dynamic wallpapers for us 11ses this time.

🤌

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

It needs to be animated, it really does. Also wouldn't mind a :golfclap: too.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

After spending a day with a 12 pro I think the mini is probably the smart play, but I’m keeping this overly expensive thing anyway. Coming from a first Gen SE being able to do things like use SA on a web browser is amazing. It’s at the upper limit to use with one hand though, so I assume that people who order the max either have gigantism or kinks in their soul.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Loucks posted:

After spending a day with a 12 pro I think the mini is probably the smart play, but I’m keeping this overly expensive thing anyway. Coming from a first Gen SE being able to do things like use SA on a web browser is amazing. It’s at the upper limit to use with one hand though, so I assume that people who order the max either have gigantism or kinks in their soul.

or an abundance of cargo pants.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Loucks posted:

sidenote: you should check out the awful app

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

If not cargo pants then maybe fanny packs are coming back?

I’ve been using the awful app for years, but it is missing a lot of forums functionality. The only reason I was using it was my phone’s low resolution. Much happier now. That’s not to say it isn’t a great app, but I want to do things that it doesn’t support..

Weedle
May 31, 2006

fond memories of trying to read the forums in landscape safari at 480x320 circa 2010

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The app is the only way to read the forums tbh.

Both on the phone and iPad.

I’d take it on my Mac too but that’s on the back burner I guess.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

My messages are also having the delay on the X.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I abandoned the awful app like 4 years ago because it had a memory leak and I just subconsciously kept assuming it would forever crash

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

rafikki posted:

You got a link, or some actual specifics?

Setting up a new alarm requires wholesalw dipping into setting up your sleep schedule in the Health app.

Cool

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

goblin week posted:

Setting up a new alarm requires wholesalw dipping into setting up your sleep schedule in the Health app.

Cool
Thats the sleep/wake up thing. You can set up a normal alarm as before

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
...oh. Man why is it in such a weird place, especially only to serve as a redirect to Health :psyduck:

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
One thing I’m absolutely loving about the 11 is the battery. I can be up all day and only plug in my phone right before I go to bed and I’ll still have 30-40%

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

im on the net me boys posted:

One thing I’m absolutely loving about the 11 is the battery. I can be up all day and only plug in my phone right before I go to bed and I’ll still have 30-40%

Hell yeah. I never want less than this ever again.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

enojy posted:

I abandoned the awful app like 4 years ago because it had a memory leak and I just subconsciously kept assuming it would forever crash

If the awful app ever had a memory leak there’s no way pokeyman let it exist for more than a couple days.

For those that don’t use it because it’s missing features x, y, or z I highly recommend going into the thread to talk about it / request it so it can be tracked for a future release.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Oh also I had NO idea the sleep schedule thing would also set up the creepy rear end heart beat vibration alarm on my watch and I spent like 10 minutes in bed wondering if there was a mouse or something in the room.

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

www.ipadbackdrops.com daily wallpaper updates deserving of your iPad
I just switched to a 12 Pro from the Pixel 3 after not having used iPhone for a while... a bit frustrated by a few things but there’s a good chance I’m being a big bozo.

With sharing, is there any way to share an image directly to another app (ie Instagram Stories) without manually saving to camera roll first? And similarly, why is sharing different between the camera roll and Files app? I have a bunch of gifs and other stupid poo poo in random files folders and don’t want that stuff cluttering my camera backups. Speaking of gifs, is there any way to add them directly via the keyboard, ala gboard? I’m not seeing any way to add a gif to Instagram Stories currently.

And lastly, I haven’t gotten any sleep this week because of election anxiety so I’ve been trying to dismiss my alarms early. Is there any way to quickly do this? On android you could simply dismiss it via the notification pane.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Dismissing alarms early only works for alarms set up with the sleep time functionality

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Open the store Apple I want my mini

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

How long does this usually take? Never pre-ordered an iPhone

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Pre-ordered through Verizon in drat near negative time and see that Apple Store is still down. Wanna try and scoop up that MagSafe leather case.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Ordered two white iPhones 12 mini for me and the wife :cool:

I hate that it seems like you have to do them one at a time through the app as separate orders but they should both arrive on the 13th

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

With the iPhone upgrade program it made it take like two clicks and a Face ID scan. Luckily got 2 Pro Max for launch day delivery.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Can’t order through the phone because the phone locks to the wireless number to your SIM card (which is my work line) with no option to switch to eSIM (which is my primary line) and the store shows as still closed on the web and on the iPad :rip:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

T-Mo had the preorders up before 8am so thanks for that. Got the blue 12 mini. Very excited for this.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

I pre-approved a Silver Pro Max earlier this week, but I ended regretting it and just changed my final order to a Graphite one. Updating the model before finalizing my order was quick, and I didn’t have to re-enter anything else.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Looks like the MagSafe Duo isn’t going to be $200 like I figured cause Apple.

https://twitter.com/markgurman/status/1324699555443605506?s=21

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ok iPad app refreshed and my order is in without any issue. Opted for store pick-up and a saddle brown case.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Welp, just spent a lot of money for a shiny slab of glass and steel :ohdear:

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Apple let me in I just wanna case

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So has anyone gone through transferring eSim information from one phone to another when upgrading?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

LODGE NORTH posted:

Apple let me in I just wanna case

Got my leather case - arrives two days before the phone. Full black because I'm not a cowboy.

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

I’m amazed that neither the Mini or Pro Max are not sold out yet.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

LODGE NORTH posted:

Got my leather case - arrives two days before the phone. Full black because I'm not a cowboy.

But the patina! I'm struggling over Poppy v. Saddle Brown. Poppy looks so nice but I think my heart needs Saddle Brown

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

On my cowboy poo poo for the 12 mini this go around. Also got the MagSafe charger and the “good, official” adapter that works perfect with the charger just for the hell of it. Very exciting week coming up with this and the Xbox.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Also, is anyone's Google Authenticator FUBAR with 14.2? I'm getting instant crashes when I try to launch it.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Question: If I use the option to convert higher bitrate songs (which are all MP3s) to 256 kbps AACs, will that affect audio quality in any huge way? I'm not a huge audiophile dork, but I'm curious.

Are you talking about iTunes Match? I did it with my iTunes library years ago and it definitely helps if you’re replacing lovely pirated tracks with audible issues with clean official iTunes versions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Dave posted:

If the awful app ever had a memory leak there’s no way pokeyman let it exist for more than a couple days.

For those that don’t use it because it’s missing features x, y, or z I highly recommend going into the thread to talk about it / request it so it can be tracked for a future release.

For months it had a bug where blank black patches would show up in threads and then it would crash

Works fine now though