Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos

YMB posted:

I don't understand the motivation behind people coming into this thread to let everyone know that nothing is actually going to get better. Even if it's true (which I'll certainly entertain as a possibility), what are they trying to accomplish by making us think about that RIGHT NOW? Yes, we still have to push for progressive policy at the local level and do everything we can to get out the vote for 2022, but it's not like people in this thread are running outside and telling everyone they know to stop trying. We're just enjoying some schadenfreude at a truly reprehensible piece of poo poo getting some level of comeuppance. It doesn't have to be deeper than that right now, it's November 6th.

The point is that 90% of the people celebrating this are not going to be getting out the vote in 2022 or protesting for progressive changes, they are going to be going back to brunch and pretending like everything is fine while Biden destroys the country just as quickly as Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Classon Ave. Robot posted:

I always thought it was pretty likely that Biden would win, and I consider that a worse scenario in the long run. You can see before your eyes that people are ready to check out of politics entirely and let Biden enact crushing austerity and lose everything to the GOP in 2022.

Trying to rewrite the entirety of how the covid pandemic is pretty openly dishonest dude, you know perfectly well that the POTUS wouldn't have prevented it from going global no matter who was in charge.

Nice meltdown.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Randarkman posted:

Shut the gently caress up. Allow people a little bit of loving joy.

I'm just saying things are pretty loving grim and aren't looking to get any better.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Someone loving call it so I can see Trump's Twitter meltdown

:emptyquote:

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Oxyclean posted:

Classon Ave. Robot thinks the world is better for Trump's presidency because Trump was too incompetent to effectively do violence against other countries.

Even though Trump launched more drone attacks in 4 years than Obama did in 8.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Magugu posted:

"right-wing reactionary and trend setter in the exciting new scene of dairy based fashion." What the gently caress is dairy based fashion?

People keep throwing milkshakes at him

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Shammypants posted:

Nah, they will, but not for a while as per usual.

Lmao. Not when puff pieces like this exist:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/jerome-powell-federal-reserve-profile.html

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Decision Desk HQ already did.

YMB
Nov 8, 2009

in an unceremonious way

The point is that 90% of the people celebrating this are not going to be getting out the vote in 2022 or protesting for progressive changes, they are going to be going back to brunch and pretending like everything is fine while Biden destroys the country just as quickly as Trump.

Sounds like you just pulled that 90% number out of your rear end. :shrug:

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Invalid Validation posted:

Don’t worry we have another 4 years to complain about the Biden administration. I can at least say for certain Biden won’t encourage Nazis on a daily basis and that’s a plus.

Yeah, I'm seriously looking forward to being mad that not enough positive things are being done, rather than looking on in horror as the country was systematically looted and taken apart.

GeekyManatee
Jul 12, 2011

I always thought it was pretty likely that Biden would win, and I consider that a worse scenario in the long run. You can see before your eyes that people are ready to check out of politics entirely and let Biden enact crushing austerity and lose everything to the GOP in 2022.

The fact that you actually believe this is how it'll go based on what happened over the last few days tells me you aren't plugged into what's happening down on the ground at all.

Sorry for your loss.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Let people have a loving moment.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

They had those pieces about every fed chief

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Alright. I feel safe enough to ask this now.

Give it to me straight. How would Bernie have done?

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Nucleic Acids posted:

I'm just saying things are pretty loving grim and aren't looking to get any better.

But today (or over the past couple of days) one good thing at least did happen. Let people have it.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

Trying to rewrite the entirety of how the covid pandemic is pretty openly dishonest dude, you know perfectly well that the POTUS wouldn't have prevented it from going global no matter who was in charge.

Sure you did, as will every other leftist will claim now that Biden won. The good thing is leftists are completely irrelevant and people who actually care about this country and want to make things better went out to vote. They didn't spend the last 4 years posting on a sub forum convincing themselves that better things aren't possible and actively cheering for things to get worse.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
Let’s not lose sight of what’s really important here.

What was on Hunter Biden’s laptop?

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos

YMB posted:

Sounds like you just pulled that 90% number out of your rear end. :shrug:

I think it's pretty generously low, honestly. Well-off white people simply aren't going to care about white supremacist police murdering minorities now that they can't blame it on Trump and act like he invented white supremacy.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TyrantWD posted:

Even though Trump launched more drone attacks in 4 years than Obama did in 8.

And removed all oversight/loosened restrictions so we don't even know about any collateral damage that's happening.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

quote:

As more votes were counted and results were reported Friday morning in Pennsylvania, the Trump campaign issued a statement insisting, “This election is not over.”

Hold up i thought we needed to stop the counting

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Magugu posted:

"right-wing reactionary and trend setter in the exciting new scene of dairy based fashion." What the gently caress is dairy based fashion?

He got to wear a milkshake.

Kale
May 14, 2010

KillHour posted:

One of the 7 accounts designated by twitter as credible sources to be allowed to call the election without getting in poo poo for disinformation I believe.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

GeekyManatee posted:

The fact that you actually believe this is how it'll go based on what happened over the last few days tells me you aren't plugged into what's happening down on the ground at all.

Sorry for your loss.

You are a very hopeful person.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Cool. Shut the gently caress up for a while and let people enjoy orange man gone.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

KillHour posted:

Nah I need Fox News and CNN to blast that directly into Donnie’s eyes because you just *know* he’s glued to the goddamn TiVo right now.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Why all these attacks on brunch? It’s not quite breakfast, it’s not quite lunch

What’s to hate!

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Randarkman posted:

But today (or over the past couple of days) one good thing at least did happen. Let people have it.

I'm not stoping anyone from having anything.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

MJeff posted:

Who knows? He would have been better with Hispanics surely but probably would have done worse with the olds and some whites.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Nucleic Acids posted:

And he's saying "shut the gently caress up. Allow people a little bit of loving joy." Do you have issues reading or something with all that nihilism goop in your eyes?

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Chapo trap house told me that Joe Biden is bad though.. I guess I'll just become a bitter jerk who makes up a bunch of poo poo based on absolutely zero research or even general acumen for the subject.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
RUDY GULIANA ATTEMPTED TO HAVE SEX WITH AN UNDERAGE GIRL ON CAMERA AND THEN ATTEMPTED TO HAVE THE FATHER ARRESTED WHEN HE INTERVENED

It was a staged "prank", but he loving was going to do it.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Hedrigall posted:

Why all these attacks on brunch? It’s not quite breakfast, it’s not quite brunch

What’s to hate!

It's a metaphor for liberal political disengagement.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Dear Americans,

Good work. Good luck for the futures.

Much love,
Auspol chat

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I'm just hoping that the people who DID WORK in Atl to pull our asses from the fire don't have anything negative happen to this this weekend if they decide to enjoy the moment and celebrate a little in downtown. Same for the fine people of Philly.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

The point is concern trolls seem to be working overtime to make sure this happens by trying to dampen any enthusiasm for the Democratic party. You know, which has been right wing /pol rear end in a top hat strategy all along - demoralize any move to the left as a waste while secretly cheering for the Republicans.

Funny, that sounds a lot like you right now.

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos

chamois posted:

Chapo trap house told me that Joe Biden is bad though.. Hard to square this with the joy I'm feeling having watched Trump lose. I guess I'll just become a bitter jerk who makes up a bunch of poo poo based on absolutely zero research or even general acumen for the subject.

Literally everything Biden has ever done as an elected representative told me that Joe Biden is bad, I've never listened to an episode of Chapo Trap House and am only somewhat aware of what it even is. The guy literally championed a war that killed a million people, and did so on the basis of WMDs he knew at the time did not exist.

stillvisions posted:

The point is concern trolls seem to be working overtime to make sure this happens by trying to dampen any enthusiasm, ensuring this will happen. You know, which has been right wing /pol rear end in a top hat strategy all along - demoralize any move to the left as a waste while secretly cheering for the Republicans.

Funny, that sounds a lot like you right now.

Joe Biden is not a move to the left.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Will the loving antagonistic trolling crypto chuds please gently caress off forever thanks

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?

Inglonias posted:

you heard it here first. Covok has called the race. That means we can lock the thread, right?

Not until we get an admission of error for all of the short-sighted doomposting.

Anyways, yay, of course Biden won, etc. I am pondering though, with the UPSP fuckery did it costs us a senate seat or two even as it failed to swing it for Trump? Dare I ask, without the interference, would the polls have been... right?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Invalid Validation posted:

Don’t worry we have another 4 years to complain about the Biden administration. I can at least say for certain Biden won’t encourage Nazis on a daily basis and that’s a plus.

But he wants to give more money to cops??? I guess this probably won't be an every day thing though.

I'm glad Biden won, but it's a largely hollow victory in the face of a rep senate and supreme court. It will nonetheless be an improvement though. There's still a lot a president can get done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

MJeff posted:

Probably about the same with the potential for picking up Florida too. Arguably would have had a better down ballot effect in places like Texas.