Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
You can keep the achievement purism or w/e but at least consider having a separate set of stats tracked for modded runs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I have stats saving with mods (actually just the free edit wands everywhere perk mod). I’ve never reset my stats or settings, going back to EA launch, though

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Luminous Drill is a spell you always want to hold on to, it can get real powerful real fast on the right wand.

so far all of my best runs have used the unbelievably boring but effective strategy of stacking together several Luminous Drills with Timers to create a long range laser lance and then using the All-Seeing Eye perk to just peck things to death through walls

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
If you want to do it more often, you can get the same effect with ping-pong projectile modifier. For some reason it just extends luminous drill rather than doing the obvious. Uses less slots and I imagine it's less mana intensive too.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Zesty posted:

If you want to do it more often, you can get the same effect with ping-pong projectile modifier. For some reason it just extends luminous drill rather than doing the obvious. Uses less slots and I imagine it's less mana intensive too.

yeah doing this to kill through walls without exposing yourself to fire is almost too-easy a win, when you manage to get it going

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Is there a working mod that shows the lively conction and alchemical precursor recipes? I had one a while ago but apparently it doesn't work now

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Yeah.

https://modworkshop.net/mod/26321

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Cheatgui still works and has a widget for it, also.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Awesome thanks! I also can't find the setting that turns on recordings on death, where is it?

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Awesome thanks! I also can't find the setting that turns on recordings on death, where is it?

Enable "replay recorder" option under general tab and also go into input mappings and make sure "save replay" has a keybind, then press button to gif?

unrelated: Nightmare mode is way more fun than it should be. Just a nonstop clusterfuck of death and comedy. But mostly death.

silentsnack fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Nov 6, 2020

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Cheatgui's alchemy thing isn't right, I think there was a change to how it's calculated from the seed.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

https://i.imgur.com/IhC2mMH.mp4 just another basic noita death. I only noticed when projectile was already on air

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
All those hisi guns have been upgraded recently, I swear. The snipers and mortar guys give me so much trouble now

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Dark Off posted:

https://i.imgur.com/IhC2mMH.mp4 just another basic noita death. I only noticed when projectile was already on air

What even was that? Never seen the flask throwing guys chuck anything like that.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

CodfishCartographer posted:

What even was that? Never seen the flask throwing guys chuck anything like that.

That looked to be one of those sparkler bombs, except the guy that threw it had the Glass Cannon perk, presumably due to a mod?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Nightmare mode will sometimes give perks to enemies as well.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Zesty posted:

Ping-pong does this on lightning bolt, too, when I expected it to kill me instantly.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
I really need to stop walking into puddles with electro wands

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

That looked to be one of those sparkler bombs, except the guy that threw it had the Glass Cannon perk, presumably due to a mod?

Zamujasa posted:

Nightmare mode will sometimes give perks to enemies as well.

yup not a mod it was nightmare mode run. I like it because its more condensed noita experience

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

This game... I really love the exploration aspect in mysterious caverns, all the physics, materials and destruction. But I'm bad at it. 6 hours and the furthest I have reached is third level.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Dark Off posted:

yup not a mod it was nightmare mode run. I like it because its more condensed noita experience

Technically, nightmare is a mod! :pseudo:

(It's just one of the default included ones)

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Turin Turambar posted:

This game... I really love the exploration aspect in mysterious caverns, all the physics, materials and destruction. But I'm bad at it. 6 hours and the furthest I have reached is third level.

Don't worry, I have like 200 hours in this game and still die on the third floor more often than not. The grenade launcher guys are jerks.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Don't worry, I have like 200 hours in this game and still die on the third floor more often than not. The grenade launcher guys are jerks.

My issue, more than the combat itself (where I'm also bad) is the environmental damage. I always clip a pixel here and there, in acid / fire / lava, and even if I douse it with some potion, eventually the accumulated damage makes a difference.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

A lot of my deaths are caused by me thinking I have an escape route only to find myself stuck on one single solid pixel that I can’t see.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Eric the Mauve posted:

A lot of my deaths are caused by me thinking I have an escape route only to find myself stuck on one single solid pixel that I can’t see.

That too, nothing worse that 1-2 pixels making you stuck just when you are surrounded by 4 enemies. If possible, the game should 'noclip' the wizardman through groups of 1-3 pixels.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Youtube streamer had a Noita moment that made me think of this thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM1QJfGw8t4&t=1361s

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Turin Turambar posted:

That too, nothing worse that 1-2 pixels making you stuck just when you are surrounded by 4 enemies. If possible, the game should 'noclip' the wizardman through groups of 1-3 pixels.

this is a good idea, or they could at least make tiny chunks of scorched whatever stand out from the background by default, instead of being black on black

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Yeah, I had a Daily Practice Run die in the worst way a few days ago by being trapped in a couple of pixels of something or other (probably my own frozen blood because Noita) on all sides that I couldn't dig my way through, because it was too close for my wands to hit, and all the nearby enemies were either dead or unable to come around to kill me so I was just trapped forever.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Can anyone who uses Goki's zip to the boss real quick and see what happens? I'm finding that it gets forced to a 33-orb (or something similarly insane) level of difficulty just by having the mod enabled. Noita beta branch.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

dyzzy posted:

Can anyone who uses Goki's zip to the boss real quick and see what happens? I'm finding that it gets forced to a 33-orb (or something similarly insane) level of difficulty just by having the mod enabled. Noita beta branch.

he just pushed a fix for that because he left in a debug line so update i gues

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Oh wow that was a fast response, sweet

A little salty about the run I lost to that, but the game has done me way dirtier in the past

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Hardcore mod that adds a BABA enemy that can add random mods to your game. Finally the hempuli crossover/villain sequel we all deserve.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I just had a 71 minutes run that was going great, that finished because the stupid collision system. I had 3 orbs, a few more hearts, some good staffs, I was advancing carefully, all for nothing. Imagine a wooden beam, first a horizontal section and then a vertical section, buried in the rock (and a wand in a chamber close that I wanted). I fire at it, igniting it. As the horizontal section is burnt, I am able to enter in the tunnel that it has left in the rock. Some flames from the vertical section ignite me and I start to burn, I douse myself but it's continuing to ignite me so I try to get out while still using the flask. The stupid loving game says "no, you could enter this horizontal tunnel pressing left but you can't get out pressing right, --gently caress you---'.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

if you're 71 minutes in and aren't either an immortal whirlwind of death or capable of depopulating an entire level from the holy mountain then you're really underperforming

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I like to explore each area, I'm not getting a pair of wands and a potion and then rushing to the exit. This isn't like RoR2 where time affects difficulty right?

I suspect this way of playing precisely also increases the chance that... well, I have an accident with a pool of acid or I find an area where the collision system screw me up, as above.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I just don't bother with those snaking wood "puzzles" unless I can just dig them out. Swing over to the fungal caverns and get some wands from there, they tend to have better stats too.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Turin Turambar posted:

I like to explore each area, I'm not getting a pair of wands and a potion and then rushing to the exit. This isn't like RoR2 where time affects difficulty right?

I suspect this way of playing precisely also increases the chance that... well, I have an accident with a pool of acid or I find an area where the collision system screw me up, as above.

Time doesn't affect anything so far as I'm aware. Everything in the game world is frozen until you get close to it, just because the simulation is so CPU-intensive. But yeah, the longer the game goes, the more chances you have to get yourself killed.

Odds are you're gonna die anyway, though, so the important thing is that you're enjoying yourself up until that point. :v:

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

:v: yeah. I wonder, what is the radius for the simulation to freeze? "two screens" of distance? Less, more? Does it scale with your cpu cores?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Ok guys what I should do with this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

It depends which wand has the best stats but ideally you want

spark bolt+trigger -> damage plus -> damage plus -> triple spread -> firebolt -> firebolt -> firebolt. You can keep extra firebolts and swap them in when they run out.

That requires 7 slots, if you can get a decent wand with more slots (I assume the stats on that 18 slot monster suck) then use your hex spread and add as many spells as you can cram onto that mofo.

If that's too mana intensive then you can use the bubble sparks I guess.