Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

People keep falling for this. He has literally never tweeted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

somnambulist posted:

ok I get that this is CSpam but where are people “jumping ship”? Because Cubans helped Florida? Someone like Bernie would have done even worse there. Black voters are literally the reason Biden won too. (especially in Georgia) - of course this isn’t to say the democrats don’t need to work on their messaging, of course they do, Biden ran a campaign of “I’m not trump” and that’s basically it, but let’s calm down a bit.

did you actually see what happened on election night because i'm over here making jokes about calipers and you're trying to show us off a shiny new set

making your party about courting mythical minority voters is a bad idea because most people don't centrally identify as their race (or gender for that matter) so it almost always comes across as pandering instead

Mirthless has issued a correction as of 20:03 on Nov 6, 2020

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

The Pussy Boss posted:

what the gently caress is a "tulpa" and why is everyone talking about it all of a sudden

a golem with goyim characteristics

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Penisaurus Sex posted:

every day I wake up hoping TT comes back and starts posting again and every day I'm disappointed.

this but kyoon

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Giga Gaia posted:

why would you want that?

i think it could be a fun experiment because im tired of the prediction/proclamation posts

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
it's this

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

mrmcd posted:

what is this the 3rd or 4th time now lol

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

somnambulist posted:

ok I get that this is CSpam but where are people “jumping ship”? Because Cubans helped Florida? Someone like Bernie would have done even worse there. Black voters are literally the reason Biden won too. (especially in Georgia) - of course this isn’t to say the democrats don’t need to work on their messaging, of course they do, Biden ran a campaign of “I’m not trump” and that’s basically it, but let’s calm down a bit.

how do you square that circle that Bernie would have done worse when Trump gained ground with Black voters proportionally to 2016 against Biden?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

RasperFat posted:

Taintrunner notwithstanding, I thought the general CSPAM consensus was that Biden would probably win but he sucks so much poo poo he might be able to blow it?

Looks like he’s gonna squeak by with less than 100k votes across a few states and he bombed all the down-ticket races

Why are a bunch of people claiming all the NoJoes are owned when it’s pretty much exactly what they thought would happen?

Because liberals only have to know and care about one thing: their team won the Superbowl

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Majorian posted:

Literally shaking.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

regardless of whatever shitheap set of occurrences is going to happen because our country barely elected a bidoof, i will have a hearty LOL (note: this means laugh out loud! not "lots of linux" like i thought earlier) at turprm getting the boot

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

mrmcd posted:

damnit

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

jarofpiss posted:

i think it could be a fun experiment because im tired of the prediction/proclamation posts

i think it should get more deranged and hostile and stupid personally but to each their own

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Giga Gaia posted:

i think it should get more deranged and hostile and stupid personally but to each their own

now that you put it like that though

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

RasperFat posted:

how do you square that circle that Bernie would have done worse when Trump gained ground with Black voters proportionally to 2016 against Biden?

well bernie definitely wouldve ran a diff campaign with a diff message, but its all just jerkin off at this point to talk about

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

somnambulist posted:

Florida voted for a $15/hour minimum wage by 61% which tells me progressive social issues are pretty popular there, and a candidate actually running on progressive social issues would have done better there??? Also "black people are the reason Biden won" narrative is really something when people have dropped demographic information in this very thread showing that Trump gained among black voters relative to his 2016 performance. The only demo that turned out more for Biden was old white people, and as we're seeing in the downballots the only (D) box a lot of them ticked was for Joe.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

somnambulist posted:

ok I get that this is CSpam but pee pee doo doo fart

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The D&D thread is absolutely insufferable. Imagine being excited for Joe loving Biden to win.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Maya Fey posted:

wait they haven't called it? lol

this poo poo's been over since tuesday night when that omaha congressional district went for biden and the only way to win was a super unlikely series of events that would take weeks or months to pull off by a guy who doesn't focus on anything for more than 3 seconds. insane the news are such cowards

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sydin posted:

Florida voted for a $15/hour minimum wage by 61% which tells me progressive social issues are pretty popular there, and a candidate actually running on progressive social issues would have done better there???

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Sydin posted:

Florida voted for a $15/hour minimum wage by 61% which tells me progressive social issues are pretty popular there, and a candidate actually running on progressive social issues would have done better there??? Also "black people are the reason Biden won" narrative is really something when people have dropped demographic information in this very thread showing that Trump gained among black voters relative to his 2016 performance. The only demo that turned out more for Biden was old white people, and as we're seeing in the downballots the only (D) box a lot of them ticked was for Joe.

"pay me more money" being wildly popular is not necessarily a progressive social issue

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Because liberals only have to know and care about one thing: their team won the Superbowl

it’s a more embarrassing version of the Seattle Seahawks victory in 2014, now that you make me think of it. at least they had a dominating victory against the Patriots, who famously opened the game by own-goaling, before being reduced to toothless mediocrity ever since

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
biden made some huge unforced errors like "not running a campaign at all" and "campaigning entirely on being 'not trump' to the detriment of downballot races"

biden had a large and to me incomprehensible popularity, so i can't comment on bernie, but the biden campaign policy of "run silent, run deep" is dumb as hell if you're a politician and not a submarine

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

somnambulist posted:

Biden lost Hispanics pretty much across the board, not just in Miami. He lost poor and heavily Hispanic communities on the Texas border. So far all the data we have indicates that he did worse amongst every group vs Hilary except white men.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DoomTrainPhD posted:

The D&D thread is absolutely insufferable. Imagine being excited for Joe loving Biden to win.

they’re all rich people glad that the poors will know their place again, if I’m to believe

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

the news aren't calling it because they're getting recordbreaking ratings right now and they want to keep that gravy train going

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Sydin posted:

Trump had huge, huge gains in the cuban community and reasonable gains in the mexican community, because as it turns out, successful middle class people prefer messages that target their needs or fears rather than a message that says "you're latino, [person from one of like 65 countries colonised by spain], that's why my values match yours and you should make me your president"

Latino has exactly as much meaning as White does and if you're not breaking that vote down on a more granular level like you do with white people you will always get the wrong results

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

looks like white men really came through in the end

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Taintrunner posted:

they’re all rich people glad that the poors will know their place again, if I’m to believe

They, and you, should give me some money

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
And then it turns out that Florida's decisions to raise the minimum wage was for the reason "I want more money." And they would have still spit on Bernie because he's a dirty loving communist.

The office of President should be abolished. If you're not saying this, it's amazing how that you can type while sucking off Trump or Biden.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
White boy magic

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

SKULL.GIF posted:

"pay me more money" being wildly popular is not necessarily a progressive social issue

I mean, it definitely is in America where the center is “flog me harder capitalist daddy” and the right is “murder me and use my blood to lubricate the gears of the economy”

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

it is funny that no major media outlet will call the election. its almost 2 pm in delaware sleepy joe is going to be too tired to give his speech
Yeah starting to think no one (major) will call it today.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
certain progressive policies are popular with all sorts of people in isolation and you gotta use that information as part of a progressive plan instead of saying NOTHING EXISTS EXCEPT GIVING PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT, LEGAL WEED AND DEATH CAMPS FOR ALL

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Tzen posted:

Yeah starting to think no one (major) will call it today.

they might wait until 4:30 to do it

pretty common to drop the hot potato on a friday at close

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

a Loving Dog posted:

They, and you, should give me some money

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Pick any one of the following progressive policies:

- M4A
- Legalized marijuana.
- Tax-payer paid tuition for public colleges.
- Student debt forgiveness.
- A $15/hr minimum wage
- The Green new deal (with funding!)
- Raising the top-marginal tax rate bracket.

If Joe had promised ANY ONE OF THOSE THINGS, he would have won in a landslide. But no, he went with "I'm not Trump." and "More money for us, gently caress you."

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

punk rebel ecks posted:

It took the literal moving of heaven and earth to elect Biden:
  • Mishandling of a world-wide pandemic
  • Economic Recession
  • Leader catching the virus he claimed was a hoax
  • The biggest protest movement in decades
  • The biggest voter turnout in 120 years

And all of this resulted in a squeak by victory and a slaughtering of the downballot.

If 2020 was a normal year then Trump would have won by like five points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

KaptainKrunk posted:

without the long period of mail-in voting Biden probably loses

Did states that don't usually send ballots to residents do so this election?