Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

mem posted:

https://www.trueachievements.com/my-xbox-story/816086

I just bought an xbox one when rdr2 came out, so not much on mine. We had an og xbox and a 360, but I'm guessing we had accounts set up for kids or something. My achievement game is poor.

Starting to think my series x won't make it here on the 10th. Microsoft charged me but no notification of shipping or anything. Not a big deal as I won't be home till that Friday anyways.

In awe of this lad playing Peter Jackon's King Kong in the year 2020.

Zerot posted:

Absolutely. The video game industry will be feeling the effects of the pandemic for a long while. I think the next few years are going to feel a little bare, like 2013-2015 where the current generation didn't quite feel like it was operating on all cylinders.

I don't mind. This just means a really good window to catch up and clean out that backlog. We were overdue for a quiet period. I got like 40+ games on my wishlist I'm just waiting for a decent sale on. A year off might get that under ten items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
I hope we see a resurgence of stuff like Katamari Damacy. Not the specific mechanics, but the idea of making a game with relatively simple graphics, a relatively narrow scope with a great gameplay hook, and a whole lot of relatively simple objects interacting on screen at once. I'd love to see how something like that could go nuts on these new consoles.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

I hope we see a resurgence of stuff like Katamari Damacy. Not the specific mechanics, but the idea of making a game with relatively simple graphics, a relatively narrow scope with a great gameplay hook, and a whole lot of relatively simple objects interacting on screen at once. I'd love to see how something like that could go nuts on these new consoles.

I too yearn for indie games to exist

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I don't think you'll really see both games with narrow scope that also take full advantage of the hardware.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Does quick resume work on non x|s native games?

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Does quick resume work on non x|s native games?

Yes. They showed it working with a ton of BC games (because they didn't have any native games lol).

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
My first 360 game was Hexic because I didn't buy any games for like 2 months. Except maybe Cloning Clyde, think that was one of the first Live Arcade titles? That was my first 'completed' game.

My 'installed size' total for all my games is 666GB. Hail Satan.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

I saw this video about Teardown and I hope it comes to consoles. Looks like fun that you couldn’t pull off on last gen.

https://youtu.be/7Tu4u_feR4g

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Red Warrior posted:

My first 360 game was Hexic because I didn't buy any games for like 2 months. Except maybe Cloning Clyde, think that was one of the first Live Arcade titles? That was my first 'completed' game.

My 'installed size' total for all my games is 666GB. Hail Satan.
According to that site I bought my 360 for GTAIV and marathoned that for 2 months and then just bought a bunch of XBLA games for the rest of the lifespan of the console.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Teardown is awesome. A lot of devs could have made that engine and then not really built a game around it and instead made generic "reach 80% destruction to advance" objectives while living off the early access money. Instead it's super in-depth and has unique objectives that you have to plan out and a ton of hidden items all over the place. Was very impressed with what it was compared to the initial trailers.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Ineffiable posted:

Peter Jackon's King Kong

Just call it masturbation, dude

CheshireCat
Jul 9, 2001

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.
https://www.trueachievements.com/my-xbox-story/804802

Gunstringer Kinect game as my rarest 360 achievement. :clint:

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

Biodome posted:

I saw this video about Teardown and I hope it comes to consoles. Looks like fun that you couldn’t pull off on last gen.

https://youtu.be/7Tu4u_feR4g
I just saw Chris Person talking about this game too, looks rad. Thanks!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Wow I'm a more stereotypical Xbox gamer than I thought

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

That's a lot of Tom Clancy!

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
It's funny seeing the ones that follow the same pattern as me, skipping the Xbox One until the X came out.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Twerk from Home posted:

That's a lot of Tom Clancy!

Yeah, you can really tell I was unemployed for most of 2018 too.

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!
What is the 5th mass effect game? I have 4/5 played and can’t figure out the last one.

Also, if anyone didn’t know, there’s a big N7 event tomorrow with a bunch of the VA’s.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

irpoweroutlet posted:

What is the 5th mass effect game? I have 4/5 played and can’t figure out the last one.

Also, if anyone didn’t know, there’s a big N7 event tomorrow with a bunch of the VA’s.

Mass Effect 2 (JP). You can download it with EA Play and, I assume, Game Pass on the 10th.

CheshireCat
Jul 9, 2001

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

irpoweroutlet posted:

A Windows Phone game.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Excuse me, it launched on Blackberry via BlackBerryWorld too: https://crackberry.com/mass-effect-infiltrator-arrives-blackberry-10

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Holy poo poo, $14,263 spent on games, and I skipped most of the xbone era when I went to PS4 and pc until the One X came out. Not sure I like this anymore.

I presume that's US dollars too, so probably closer to $20-25k for me in Canada/Australia.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Holy poo poo, $14,263 spent on games, and I skipped most of the xbone era when I went to PS4 and pc until the One X came out. Not sure I like this anymore.

I presume that's US dollars too, so probably closer to $20-25k for me in Canada/Australia.

That estimate is based on launch MSRP and doesn't count, like, sales or rentals or Game Pass or free weekends or demos that give you achievements or whatever.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

:cripes:

e: I think its borked, thats not a lot of cod but a lot of oblivion!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Zerot posted:

That estimate is based on launch MSRP and doesn't count, like, sales or rentals or Game Pass or free weekends or demos that give you achievements or whatever.

Ok but other than that old pre-order deal from Amazon I didn't usually get games on sale/post launch. And I don't think renting games exists outside the US anymore.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

kecske posted:

:cripes:

e: I think its borked, thats not a lot of cod but a lot of oblivion!

The slowest game completion stat is the time between your first achievement and the last achievement for all of your completed games.

EDIT: And it gets weird if you were offline on the 360 and got the last achievement while online.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

That's p. fun. I'm pretty sure I have never played COD: Advanced Warfare though so I don't know what that's about.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
For some reason Trueachievements has my data from 2005-13 as blank.
Though it sees me as playing RDR on the Xbone, all data for it from the 360 is gone.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Stuff is wonky with true achievements where it believes I beat Peter Jackson's King Kong in 5 minutes but Cloning Clyde, a game I 100% the week it came out, took 5,000+ days to finish.

I have an achievement in Bards Tale IV only 75 players got, gently caress me.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Akuma posted:

That's p. fun. I'm pretty sure I have never played COD: Advanced Warfare though so I don't know what that's about.

Interesting av lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Akuma posted:

Looking at my XboxStory, its pretty obvious that while I am a big fan of the games Microsoft puts out, I am better served playing their titles on PC going forward.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Seltzer posted:

Interesting av lol
Thanks!

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I had a lot of fun with MGS, don't feel bad.

uh?.. .I just launched the game in the game pass, played a few turns, then uninstalled. I did nothing special.

Tei fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Nov 7, 2020

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Ineffiable posted:

In awe of this lad playing Peter Jackon's King Kong in the year 2020.

I didn't know that game existed, looks like i'm 15 years late to this party

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Why even own an Xbox if you're not using it to play games from 15 years ago?

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
I'm spend most my time on 2004's classic Halo 2

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Crafty posted:

I didn't know that game existed, looks like i'm 15 years late to this party

It was the 2nd easiest way to get 1000 gamerscore when Microsoft ran a promotion to get free stuff if you earned 2,000 gamerscore in a set period. It was, actually, pretty fun and a predecessor to the whole "no hud, cinematic views" of gaming

I wonder if I still have my Xbox Diamond card somewhere

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
King Kong is an okay game. It had some neat ideas and was perfectly enjoyable in 2005.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

my life is a waste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Sounds like at least one All Access customer in Australia got a One X instead of Series X lol. It's only done by a single mobile phone carrier here.