Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

See even a filthy centrist can be cool...or at least his shirts. :)

But also :sherman:

I think that Sherman, should be the GiP or the CE thread at least, gang tat.

My great great granddad rode with Sherman and spent some time in a hospital near Atlanta. He went on to start a post office after the war to serve his farming village.

Count me in for :sherman:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

wins32767 posted:

Yep, viewing all humans as inherently equal and having value, even if they've done bad things, sure is nonsense. People who do bad things are unredeemable and should be punished harshly. What was I thinking?

I’m not going to reach across the aisle and try to work with Nazis. These are the same people who try to legislate people out of existence every chance they get, and would gladly commit genocide if given the green light.

gently caress em. They’re human garbage. Just because the cancer is huge doesn’t mean we should sit down and have a cup of coffee with it. It’s loving cancer.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Woofer posted:

I’m not going to reach across the aisle and try to work with Nazis. These are the same people who try to legislate people out of existence every chance they get, and would gladly commit genocide if given the green light.

gently caress em. They’re human garbage. Just because the cancer is huge doesn’t mean we should sit down and have a cup of coffee with it. It’s loving cancer.
It's not 48% of the country. It's not even 100% of the Republican voters. gently caress convincing Tom Cotton, gently caress persuading Donald Trump. But my former neighbor who votes Republican because he's a pro-life christian and wouldn't genocide anyone, let's talk to him and get some distance between him and the actual Nazis.

Wombot
Sep 11, 2001

My family's got history in Georgia - I'm glad Stacey Abrams brought it into the national news again for a great reason. Gimme dat Sherm.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

wins32767 posted:

Yep, viewing all humans as inherently equal and having value, even if they've done bad things, sure is nonsense. People who do bad things are unredeemable and should be punished harshly. What was I thinking?

You can't redeem someone who's not interested in redemption. If chuds legitimately want to seek amends for what they've supported and change their ways, then I welcome them with open arms, but I won't be holding my breath for that to happen.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
We're getting some good poo poo now.

https://twitter.com/ZcohenCNN/status/1324849482647916544

WE'RE GETTING SOME GOOD poo poo NOW.

https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/status/1324852705295216641

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

wins32767 posted:

It's not 48% of the country. It's not even 100% of the Republican voters. gently caress convincing Tom Cotton, gently caress persuading Donald Trump. But my former neighbor who votes Republican because he's a pro-life christian and wouldn't genocide anyone, let's talk to him and get some distance between him and the actual Nazis.

Fool me once, dude. They’re Nazis forever to me.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

This is where the real bunker poo poo starts. Trump’s lawyers and advisors have abandoned him. Good luck with your Twitter account, bud.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

TCD posted:

My great great granddad rode with Sherman and spent some time in a hospital near Atlanta. He went on to start a post office after the war to serve his farming village.

Count me in for :sherman:

Im a filthy civilian but you all are my favorite people on the internet, and short of a John Brown gang tag, nothing would make me happier than :sherman:

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I'm gonna start a thread so I can keep track of everyone who wants a tag. If I half-rear end it and try to use this thread to keep up with it I'll forget more than half of you.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Rounding the turn...

https://twitter.com/katie_robertson/status/1324858103276449798

Murdoch is expecting Donnie to make a competing network, so it's time for a SAD, LOSER DONNIE stories!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
The boaters have failed Donnie!

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://twitter.com/BoozyBadger/status/1324857090532384769?s=19

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Because the oval office is like a ziggurat where all the America is sourced from, as long as Trump controls that, he is still America.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I demand to see a perp walk. If no perpwalk is recorded for posterity everyone involved should be executed.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
And then Pittsburgh is like gently caress YOU, WE'RE OUR OWN MASCOT

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1324865787023265797?s=19

Pretty sure Pittsburgh has another 25K to go.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

Nevermind, guy deleted the tweet

Pine Cone Jones fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Nov 7, 2020

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Is anyone making sure Steve Kornacki is getting enough to eat?

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/VanityFair/status/1324852450109624322?s=19

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dareh Gregorian, NBC News posted:

Georgia poll worker forced into hiding while more Fulton County votes come in
The elections director of Georgia's most populous county said Friday he expects officials will upload their final 4,600 ballots before the end of the night — despite online trolls robbing him of the services of one of his fastest workers.

Fulton County Elections Director Richard Barron told reporters he expects the country's final 3,800 provisional ballots and over 800 overseas and military ballots will be added to the state's vote tally before midnight.

He added the work was being done without one of his most dependable employees. The man started getting threats after video of him throwing out a piece of paper went viral on Twitter and Facebook, where he was accused of being "corrupt" and throwing out ballots. Barron said the accusation was "undeniably false" — the worker had thrown out an instruction sheet a voter had mistakenly included with their ballot, which is a piece of paper that's much smaller than the 19-inch ballots.

He said the worker's name, address and even information about his car was circulating online by people accusing him of "fraud," forcing him into hiding.

Barron said he spoke to the worker and "I expressed my sorrow that all this had happened to him, simply for being an election worker."

loving gently caress. These people are unpaid volunteers who just want to be involved in the process.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Oh please god

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I have no art or design skill, but I of course want a tag too, so anyone here with drawing or designs skills, well beyond crayon based cuisine, is welcome to get the ball rolling.

I completely suck at gifs but here's an attempt:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/travisakers/status/1324868110529277958?s=21

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

wins32767 posted:

Your pro-life Christian former neighbor looked at four years of Trump openly being racist, sympathizing with Neonazis and then said: Yup, I'll have four more years of that.

That is a problem that needs to be addressed seriously, not something to be approached with preemptive and unconditional amnesty.

Since you brought up the issue: Denazification was a thing after WW2

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Thank you for your service, troops of Allegheny County.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Thank you for your service, troops of Allegheny County.

It’s almost like calling them suckers and losers did not induce service members to vote for Trump.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Sure, I'll add a 5th thread across two internet forums to follow this dumb poo poo.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

I thought the source was fishy - it's not *quite* that:

https://twitter.com/lucyeperk/status/1324872864693178371

https://twitter.com/WPXIAaronMartin/status/1324867722023477248

*now* they're moving onto the ballots where regular pittsburghers got a wrong ballot type, 29K of them.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

How many more votes are left in PA and Georgia?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Pine Cone Jones posted:

How many more votes are left in PA and Georgia?

Basically none in georgia.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

stealie72 posted:

Im a filthy civilian but you all are my favorite people on the internet, and short of a John Brown gang tag, nothing would make me happier than :sherman:

I'm a civ too that does Vile's job. At my first post (small rear end post in the middle of Africa), my place was bigger than the Gunny's, so I hosted a New Year's party for the MSGs so they didn't have to be on compound for the night. Most ended up going out later to do what enlisted Marines do, but I tried to help them out.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Whenever I enter Georgia to visit family, and especially when I drive by atlanta, I always have to sing While We Were Marching Through Georgia.

Tag me in if it's still available.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

TCD posted:

I'm a civ too that does Vile's job. At my first post (small rear end post in the middle of Africa), my place was bigger than the Gunny's, so I hosted a New Year's party for the MSGs so they didn't have to be on compound for the night. Most ended up going out later to do what enlisted Marines do, but I tried to help them out.
Were you the one who ended up with a bunch of them in a truck in some random place looking for a mcdonalds or something? I probably butchered that story, my memory ain't what it used to be.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Your pro-life Christian former neighbor looked at four years of Trump openly being racist, sympathizing with Neonazis and then said: Yup, I'll have four more years of that.

That is a problem that needs to be addressed seriously, not something to be approached with preemptive and unconditional amnesty.

Since you brought up the issue: Denazification was a thing after WW2

De-nazification took place under a coalition military occupation government, with the threat of a reunified Germany siding with the soviets, overseen by relatively competent people, because most of the incompetents had been exposed or killed in the previous World War, and under the shadow of the fuckup that was the treaty of Versailles.

And it was still mostly aimed at the top tier Nazis, who all went on trial at the Hague. The useful mid-tier guys all got jobs with the occupation government.

I'm not seeing what we can learn from Post-ww2 germany here. Unless the lesson is "Don't do De-Ba'athification"

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

sharknado slashfic posted:

Were you the one who ended up with a bunch of them in a truck in some random place looking for a mcdonalds or something? I probably butchered that story, my memory ain't what it used to be.

Well, I did organize a guys white water rafting trip to shoot the class 5s on the Nile with a few MSGs. Although almost all of us got food poisoning at the airport after eating some hamburgers so I had to jump out of the truck as they were dropping us off to puke in the ditch. One of the MSGs had to stand post the next day that poor poor bastard.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
The greatest tweet?

https://twitter.com/90swwe/status/1324870695738871809?s=21

antimatt
Sep 12, 2007

ultima ratio regum
WWVRD?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/chrisgeidner/status/1324895841409241088

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1324895445211078658

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1324894827666956297

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I hope he does it, that the detail bounces his face off the Resolute Desk and drags his rear end off in cuffs at noon, and that the last image of him on the White House property we have to see is him getting stuffed into the back of a Suburban with blood streaming out of his nose before they pack him onto SAM 29000. And then they can fly that fucker straight to Sheremetyevo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
This dumb thing goes on to tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/FiveThirtyEight/status/1324897561812066304

At least I'm eating again.